PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 19:21:14
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 223465 times)

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Please only post directly related information and circuits Many thanks
« Last Edit: 2021-12-13, 02:35:01 by AlienGrey »

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Hi there guys had some time to sort out the circuit diagram you were asking for.
and a track and component lay out if any one is interested Note the 4011 has been changed to an HC00
in this circuit.

Note the transistor collector output goes to pin 2 of the MosFet driver.

PS Peter, Itsu and Chet, thanks very much for helping me out with another problem, appreciated  O0
« Last Edit: 2020-06-22, 22:27:40 by AlienGrey »

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Group: Professor

Are you trying to improve this circuit or solve a flaw in it ?

Are you trying to improve this circuit or solve a flaw in it ?
Hi prof Verpies, No it should work ok,
it depends on what you want to use it for. You are limited in frequency to by the TL494.

I suppose the 494 could be replaced by some logic and synced a lot easier than the 494
and how many times you want to pulse the device in each cycle.  Ect

the thing is has any one got a device to do a useful task yet like getting a Ruslan or
Dally device to work yet?

AG

Group: Ambassador

AG
the thing is has any one got a device to do a useful task yet like getting a Ruslan or
end quote

AG
are you intimating that here we hide such ?
or ?
If you know of such please share it here ..this is after all an open source venue with
persons working daily in search   [for decades ]

feel free to remove this post..I know sometimes questions and language barrier can
be hard [ to communicate actual intent [myself a horrible writer]??

No it should work ok,
it depends on what you want to use it for. You are limited in frequency to by the TL494.
So there is nothing for me to do with it.

the thing is has anyone got a device to do a useful task yet like getting a Ruslan or
Not me

;D Oh I thought the tread wasn't interested, in my ideas, on nano pulsing? now here you are!  C.C
is all it does is produce a nano second pulse, i will show you as far as I got.

« Last Edit: 2020-07-06, 03:38:17 by AlienGrey »

So there is nothing for me to do with it.
Not me
Verpies, What do you mean nothing to do with it?
What frequency are you running your glorified tesla coil at (formaly known as a Katcher).  ;D
Whats all this 1.7 and 2mhz katcher stuff about ?

AG

Note it was found that Ruslan was using a 1.8 mhz device with a 41.46 Mtr wire length wound on a 50mm pipe
over aprox 22cmtr length of his wind.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-10, 14:54:16 by AlienGrey »

Verpies, What do you mean nothing to do with it?
I mean nothing more than I write.
The circuit "works OK", so there is nothing for me to repair and noting to improve.
« Last Edit: 2021-12-01, 11:11:34 by verpies »

Re Dally device

Apparently  there is a formula for the Dally Ruslan device as follows

Speed of light aprox 300, 000, 000

number of nodes used 4

wire length ? 41.46 Mtr depends on wire length you use

gives frequency in Mhz =

Yoke freq is 1/50ith gives you the push pull frequency

Notes divide speed of light by nodes used and then wire length and so on, also wire length has to match coil width over or under is out of purity so if wire length is 41.46 then coil length wind woukd be about 22 cm
also layers must be spaced to be exact width or again out of purity.  possibly use fishing line or nylon
Any feed back POSATIVE appreciated  O0 :o
« Last Edit: 2021-03-29, 21:33:06 by AlienGrey »

Group: Ambassador

So you have a moderated bench here ?

Dusty....but nice ( big names in the headline ?)

Being the lowest denominator, I have a few questions..

( if I can grasp this ... all should be able to !

A schematic to start with ?( whats it all look like ?
There are a few schematic in this topic ... one of those or ?

Thx
Chet

Group: Guest
I hope this will help.
Use this information wisely.

Edit: See documentation thread for last updated version
« Last Edit: 2021-07-10, 19:35:12 by Vasik041 »

Group: Experimentalist

I hope this will help.
Use this information wisely.

Hi Vasik,

Did you transcribe the video and translate the schematics?  If so, many thanks!  O0

Regards,
Pm

Hi Vasik,

Did you transcribe the video and translate the schematics?  If so, many thanks!  O0

Regards,
Pm

Hi Pm,

Yes, I like the content, so spent some time to make it available for everyone.
Have fun :)

Regards,
V.

So you have a moderated bench here ?

Dusty....but nice ( big names in the headline ?)

Being the lowest denominator, I have a few questions..

( if I can grasp this ... all should be able to !

A schematic to start with ?( whats it all look like ?
There are a few schematic in this topic ... one of those or ?

Thx
Chet
Here is a diagram you can experiment with, Note I did try to get Itsu involved as i belive he has
the equipment experiance and everything else to test this idea that has been over looked, How about it Itsu ?

One more video ;)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Hi Vasik,

thanks again for your post here:
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3926.msg90101#msg90101

The RK.pdf contains a wealth of new (for me) information about the Ruslan setup in the video's and translated text.

It takes some time to go through it all, but due to your great work, i found some very nice gems already concerning tuning and construction.

The calculator (http://gorchilin.com/calculator/reactor?lang=en) seems to be not working and i guess one needs to get a payed subscription to get access to it, right?

Itsu

Hi Vasik,

thanks again for your post here:
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3926.msg90101#msg90101

The RK.pdf contains a wealth of new (for me) information about the Ruslan setup in the video's and translated text.

It takes some time to go through it all, but due to your great work, i found some very nice gems already concerning tuning and construction.

The calculator (http://gorchilin.com/calculator/reactor?lang=en) seems to be not working and i guess one needs to get a payed subscription to get access to it, right?

Itsu

Hi Itsu,

No, calculator is free and works for me without any registration.
I just checked, there is an issue with English version.
So, you can see fields description in English, then switch to Russian (top right corner of the screen) and it will work.
(After entering your data you need press "Подсчитать" (=Сalculate) above graphs)

Regards,
Vasik

O0   yes, works great then,  thanks

Itsu

The wave form (harmonics)n would look like this, notice some of the nodes are fixed while others move as they are 1/4 and 1/2 wave

see diagram, this produces what is refered to a dancing wave.

Hi Vasik,

looking at the coil calculator and translated text (pdf page 45 bottom) i try to follow Stalker, but it confuses me.

The text says:

5:00
insulation with a diameter of 4.2 mm
then it is important we measure it does not crush the wire with
a vernier caliper, for example, like this, they came to measure and recorded
that is, we will be interested
parameters: wire diameter with insulation, wire core diameter
your wire will be twisted, twist it into a flagellum
and we measure the diameter of this bundle
5:34
here in my case it turned out 2.5 a millimeter 

But looking at the video at that time, he measures a yellow/green wire to be 3.2mm thick (look at the caliper), so not the 4.2mm.
Is that just an example on how to measure, and not the actual wire he used?

Also then, if his wire measured 4.2mm thick, and the core wire (without insulation) measures 2.5mm, then the insulation is 4.2 - 2.5 = 1.7 / 2 = 0.85mm thick and not the 0.5mm mentioned.

Anyway, when using the data of my Grenade, i have:

bobbin dia: 50mm
bobbin thickness: 3.5mm
wire dia: 3.4mm
wire core dia: 1.9mm
So wire insulation: 1.5/2=0.75mm
Wire length: 37.5m
Dielectric: 3.5

So putting this into the calculator i get (see also picture):

Coil length: 952mm
coil windings separation: 4.25mm
Resonance freq.: 3.01MHz
Inductance: 144uH
Self capacitance: 19.4pF
Number of turns: 224

This 2th figure (4.25mm) means my windings (wire dia = 3.4mm) needs to be spaced 0.85mm from each other, i think.......

But i thought the coil windings should be close together, not spaced.

I understand you did not made the videos, but perhaps i misunderstand some of the text i read and/or the video i see.

Itsu

Hi Itsu,

But looking at the video at that time, he measures a yellow/green wire to be 3.2mm thick (look at the caliper), so not the 4.2mm. Is that just an example on how to measure, and not the actual wire he used?

I think he just use some coil laying around for example while actual numbers from the working coil he has on paper. On the forum he said that he made 25 coils before he get first working one,not very encouraging, I know :)

Main point here, as I understand it, we need include wire insulation into coil former diameter
e.g. if we use 50mm tube and wire with 0.5mm insulation, actual coil diameter is 50 + 2x0.5 = 51

coil windings separation: 4.25mm
Yes, this is turn-to-turn distance (it affects coil capacitance).
Using different spacing calculator trying to bring LC resonance into range where it can be matched to wave resonance (it is how I understand it).

In your case, I think you need to try longer coil, so wave resonance will be lower and so LC need to be lower, and therefore turn-to-turn distance need to be lower and can be matched to insulation thickness (which will result in a coil with no spacing required between wire turns in insulation).

Regards,
Vasik

Something like this.
It gives frequency 2.46 Mhz which is quite high.
Perhaps using thicker wire would be better.

OK,  great,  so we kind of have to work backwards from a spaceless coil, makes sense now  O0

Itsu

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 19:21:14