PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 03:42:13
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Induction: methods and madness  (Read 18679 times)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Good work G

The radial electric field could be an electrostatic "bias" applied between the toroidal and poloidal windings. The bias could be discharged through a spark gap or avalanche diode array to create the impulse transient.

and it has to physically rotate

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
and it has to physically rotate

Couple of questions for our resident Wilson effect guru:

In version 2 Wilson effect, where a pair of concentric cylinders insulated from each other by a dielectric medium are rotated in a uniform magnetic field parallel to the axis of rotation:

a) does the Lorentz force create a drag if the cylinders are shorted together?

b) can the cylinders be stationary and the magnetic field rotate?

Are the above variations mentioned in the literature?

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr

In version 2 Wilson effect, where a pair of concentric cylinders insulated from each other by a dielectric medium are rotated in a uniform magnetic field parallel to the axis of rotation:

I'll check the literature and this will take time as there is a lot of it.

my understanding is:

For Wilson's Effect, only the dielectric cylinder rotates.  For Rowland the metal concentric cylinders rotate with dielectric between them.  The dielectric is polarized by a charge to the cylinders or the cylinders are charged by the rotating dielectric - depending on which one you are moving.

a) yes
b) no

I'll sketch up a good diagram of the effects to compare them to other devices.

tExB=qr
I wanted to add a few things that will tie force field induced "precession" to the TPU:

1. Johnson showed that a gravity field is an acceptable force to produce electron precession under the right circumstances. Johnson's rotating capacitor in a gravity field compliments Wilsons rotating dielectric in a magnetic field.

2. Wilson's original experiment showed that a reversal of the magnetic field bias resulted in a reversal of the output polarity from the capacitive cylinders.

3. A TPU utilizing "gravity" as one of the required orthogonal forces, would undergo output polarity reversal when flipped over.  If the control circuitry can not accept this, then the controller stops and the unit winds down to no output.  Replacing the gravitational field with a static magnetic field that is produced by and contained within the unit allows the unit to work in any orientation.  Gravity is also relatively weak and Wilson showed that the output is directly proportional to the bias field strength and the velocity of rotation.  Early TPU's were relatively low output and stopped working when flipped over.  SM said that the rotation direction reversed when in the Southern Hemisphere, not sure why this would occur based on gravity as one of the forces, but the aether medium may spin opposite.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I wanted to add a few things that will tie force field induced "precession" to the TPU:

1. Johnson showed that a gravity field is an acceptable force to produce electron precession under the right circumstances. Johnson's rotating capacitor in a gravity field compliments Wilsons rotating dielectric in a magnetic field.

2. Wilson's original experiment showed that a reversal of the magnetic field bias resulted in a reversal of the output polarity from the capacitive cylinders.

3. A TPU utilizing "gravity" as one of the required orthogonal forces, would undergo output polarity reversal when flipped over.  If the control circuitry can not accept this, then the controller stops and the unit winds down to no output.  Replacing the gravitational field with a static magnetic field that is produced by and contained within the unit allows the unit to work in any orientation.  Gravity is also relatively weak and Wilson showed that the output is directly proportional to the bias field strength and the velocity of rotation.  Early TPU's were relatively low output and stopped working when flipped over.  SM said that the rotation direction reversed when in the Southern Hemisphere, not sure why this would occur based on gravity as one of the forces, but the aether medium may spin opposite.

Very good post G

I've often felt that a electrostatic bias may be one missing ingredient in TPU research, and have directed my experimentation along these lines.  You are laying down a solid theory of possible operation of the TPU.

Consider a transmission line that is capacitively or inductively decoupled from it's excitation source, yet has a HV electrostatic bias constantly replenishing electrons in the dielectric, which can float the charge, and which are "pumped" along the line, perhaps 1/4 wave.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-24, 02:13:13 by ION »

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
Very good post G

I've often felt that a electrostatic bias may be one missing ingredient in TPU research, and have directed my experimentation along these lines.  You are laying down a solid theory of possible operation of the TPU.

Consider a transmission line that is capacitively or inductively decoupled from it's excitation source, yet has a HV electrostatic bias constantly replenishing electrons in the dielectric, which can float the charge, and which are "punped" along the line, perhaps 1/4 wave.

Yeah, I don't think many people have experimented with combined fields of force rather than combined EM waves.

tExB=qr

Solid answers:

a) yes

b) no

It is like the homopolar generator.  I found a patent on a generator using a stack of dielectric discs.  A rotating region of displacement would also suffice, and I can make this with sequentially pulsed coils, and possibly with a toroidal coil if the pulses are short enough.   You can see from the open-TPU that the coils are in segments and not continuous.  Sequential or just gapped?

Essentially, any method that can produce the necessary forces will work.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 03:42:13