PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-04, 10:09:20
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Dr. Stiffler returns with a new device: SFM  (Read 43805 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Hi PM

Quote:
Are you meaning to measure the magnitudes of these two current conditions and compare to see which is greater?

I did not explain myself very well, sorry for that, I think it is because I speak Spanish most of the time these days.

The answer to your question is yes, but, if tuned correctly we will get constructive interference and not destructive interference, we will  result with a wave bigger than the two.

Standing waves, either current or voltage (CSWR or VSWR) can have a phase where they are destructive or constructive, now my idea with STEAP is creating two waves which constructively interfere with one another to do just that in the magnetic realm of the current loop, and then with wound coils on that loop extract power back to the front end. This will be a slow build up of loop to front end, meanwhile we extract the higher voltage and draw through current from the output like a boost circuit. :)

All good stuff, and I think we are learning and confirming things.

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
This will help for those who don't quite understand, I'm talking about constructive standing waves.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/waves/u10l3c.cfm

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
And the gem of wave field OU

Regards

Mike 8)

More strangeness.  The following is the same setup as before that is driven with a square wave from the SG with one addition, a 17cm long clip lead is connected to the tap of the 2-1N4148 diodes as seen in the pix.  The input power appears to be -17mw while producing the light seen in the pix.

Mike- For this example, the area of the current included during the time the Math(red) power is above the zero reference line is 181.9pA/s and the current area when the Math is below the zero reference is 260.3pA/s.  So, we have more area in the current waveform below zero than above.

One additional thing.  I wound a coil on a 17cm diameter form that measured ~ 23uH which is very close in inductance  to the small diameter coil I've been using.  The experiment was to see if a coil with a large diameter to winding length ratio would produce different results.  Well, it did!  My Rigol SG will output 20v p-p up to 20MHz and from there on up it switches to 10v p-p.  I could not find resonance that would light the led array up to 20MHz.  At 28.49MHz I found resonance but the voltage level was not enough to light the array.  Many harmonics were present in the current waveform in the 13-14MHz frequency range where the leds would produce light with the smaller coil.  My only thought is that perhaps the self capacitance of the larger coil produces higher harmonics at the lower frequency which do not contain enough power to produce the resonant voltage needed to excite the led array.

Edit: IOW, the SRF of the two coils varies considerably.

Pm

Group: Elite Experimentalist

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Just to be clear on the capacitors replacing diodes theory...would a 4pF cap replacing the connections of each diode work ?
I always thought that it was half of a FWBR and that was all. The capacitance though has to be included, considering most of this is about such couplings with the Doc's work.

The AD9850 that blew up the Arduino yesterday should be being replaced, the seller is skirting around it though.
There is a nice circuit, found by a chap called iQuest that seems to look great for increasing the voltage output of signal generators:
http://www.k8iqy.com/miscellaneous/18dblt1253ddsamplifier/lt1253ddsamp.htm
It's based on an LT1253

I like that 555 based circuit Brad, will look at that further. I would have thought copper clads would be a PIA for high frequencies, as he has his constructed. But, then again they may be the perfect thing.

ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Group: Guest
I threw together the simple crystal oscillator mentioned earlier. It works pretty well. I haven't tried driving anything with it yet. I'll probably put a Schmitt trigger inverter on the output to act as a buffer/line driver. Maybe. I may also build the 555 sweep oscillator at some point just for grins.

I have a bunch of xtals, I pull them whenever I see them even though I don't really have a specific use for them. Here I tested the lowest (3.579545 MHz) and the highest (18.432000 MHz) in one bag of them I dug up.

The Philips counter is an old instrument but has the temperature-controlled oven master reference oscillator option and I trust it.

Itsu,

I checked the effect that the inductor might have on the current probe deskew and it does slightly affect the calibration when using the 50 ohm resistor.  It is slight but it is there.  This circuit has this measurement recal.

For more weirdness, the following modification to the Stiffler circuit is presented.  In this example, the tap of the 2-1N4148 diodes is returned to the input line of the 20.51uH series inductor.  The signal is a pulse from the SG at a 65% duty cycle.  For clarity the schematic is seen below.

Also attached is a pix of the light output plus a scope shot of the measurements.  Nice output for -78mw input!

Regards,
Pm

Edit: Corrected schematic.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-19, 22:07:40 by partzman »

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
TK - good to see another of those circuits up and running. They're great 2 pin testers if nothing else, off into the future.
I have had no luck for resonance with the 3.579MHz TV crystals, but likewise nothing into the 20's either. Mostly, the 4MHz, 4.1MHz and up to 6MHz. But there again, my coils are wound with the wrong amounts of turns for frequencies outside of that area. It always makes me wonder about the 13.6MHz...surely any 'L3' should be of around 60 turns, a few lower than the regular. It would make that frequency more understandable if things were that simple.
DadHav used to use a very similar frequency meter to the one that you have.

Pm - that's a great output for a negative input :)
I also think it's a great point that you mentioned 65% duty cycle. I know i've presumed that Dr. Stiffler has been using 50%.

Buy me some coffee
Guys

If you think there is an energy gain with this small low powered unit,then why not scale it up,so as you are not trying to measure flea fart power differences.

The one i would be looking at,is TKs wireless power transfer circuit.

Brad

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Added a 74C14 Schmitt trigger inverter, ran the output of the basic xtalosc through 3 inverter stages, which cleaned up the signal nicely. A bit of bulk capacitance at power entry got rid of some ringing on the flat tops of the inverter output pulses. Plenty of drive there now to drive a mosfet or bipolar transistor.

Yellow: Raw AC coupled xtalosc output
Blue: After 3 inverter stages

Itsu and all,

I have concluded that the apparent negative energies that I have at experienced at least, are the result of cross coupling between scope probes and circuit wiring.  My previous post that displayed light output with negative energy at 14.4MHz is an example of this very thing.  With the probe positions unchanged, I could achieve even larger negative power levels with nearly any inductance value at 14.4MHz.  By re-arranging the probes, all goes away. :(

Regards,
Pm

Thanks PM,

yes changing values when re-arranging the probes is certainly an indication of some form of cross-coupling.

I guess that the FG going defective on Steve (PhysicsProf) here:
http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3628.msg68254#msg68254  was just a coincidence allthough he was using a slightly different circuit (2 inductors).

Anyway,  guess we can ignore those negative input values in this kind of circuits.

Itsu

I changed over from my 70 turn (14MHz) coil to a bigger one resonating around 7.2MHz.

I do this so i can use my cheap chinese dual CH FG which runs on 5V and which i power from
a 12V battery via a voltage regulator (max. frequency 8MHz)

I can now monitor this 5V input to the FG to see if there is any point that it will supply less
power into the circuit under test (our Dr. Stiffler circuit) as it normally does unloaded.

This cheap FG only outputs 10Vpp max, so the leds are very faintly lit, but this is not really
needed for our test.

The unloaded FG draws 780mW when CH1 is set to 7.2MHz sine wave.
When connecting the circuit, we are in resonance as we see some leds come on faintly and the
input power rises to 850mW (so the circuit is pulling about 70mW).

Lowering the frequency shows the input to the FG never goes below the unloaded 780mW value,
so this means to me that no extra power is coming in from the circuit under test.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEuR2WTpJc&feature=youtu.be

Itsu

The 74C04 was too slow for >10Mhz so I changed it to a 74AC04 which is plenty fast.

When I short out the "AV Plug" diodes the LED goes out and the current draw goes down to about 5.1 mA. Does this mean lighting the LED only takes 1.4 mA? 

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
I got this when trying to view your pic:

ÿØÿà

Edit: pic opened fine when trying again

I see that OU forum is down for maintenance, so depending on how long that goes on for, this thread might well see more posts from several folks.
Have been doing a lot of tests with coils on the WTF Exciter shown in a video yesterday.
It stands for What's The Frequency ? a play on the obvious meaning, but I must have said the other 3 words plenty of times when it started to oscillate with no crystal !
Turns out that with the coil in the vid, it runs at 6.7MHz. It's tunable to a point for frequency with a ferrite rod, but drops out below 2.4Mhz. Other coils can see it run up to 12MHz, but all is just shy of 13.6MHz yet.
Changing the L1 axial inductor to 150uH saw no real difference.
Best output has been at around the 4MHz figure....i'd like to tweak it to run higher.

Vid link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE4uvw1JBb0
Here's the circuit:

A little gain, a little feedback with phase shift, and badabing badaboom you've got an oscillator.

It's a common thing in an experimental lab: Amplifiers that oscillate, and oscillators that amplify.

By the way... I see that Stiffler is specifying that 13.5 MHz is the "magic" frequency.  Unfortunately... or maybe fortunately... this is also very close to a very common RFID frequency.
Coincidence? Wanna buy a nice art deco bridge in Brooklyn? You can have it cheap.

These things are quite good RF transmitters. If you have a shortwave radio you can see this for yourself. Now I'm wondering if I may have blown out my dogs with this transmitter. (They both are chipped.)

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
The dogs likely come up as cats when scanned now.

So, if the frequency is used by RFID, it seems to make sense that one of their circuits should do some interesting things. I've seen them on Ebay at silly low prices.
For example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3X-RFID-IC-Key-Tags-Keyfobs-Token-NFC-TAG-Keychain-13-56MHz-Arduino-Chic-PL/222992301209?hash=item33eb607c99:g:j4QAAOSwlV9WTsWk
At least the receiving coil will be tuned and sort of appeals for salvage.

They are cheap because they are small and tiny and very little.

Why not make your own? These are 22 mm diameter.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Well this sort of thing really appeals:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MFRC-522-RC522-RFID-Module-IC-Card-Induction-Sensor-free-S50-card-key-chain-LW/182050283595?epid=1750668752&hash=item2a630ae04b:g:ROoAAOSwAuNW4b7u

It could get quite fancy, for running loads with a tuned 13.56Mhz exciter that recognises them.
Not only could it power a device, but notify via WiFi (ESP8266) that the load is switched on. Very handy for door or window alarms. One scenario being that lighting for a door exterior could be wireless and therefore no need for usual waterproofing or batteries and then the entry point is also protected by the RFID system.
Just something wireless and practical from that frequency.

Group: Ambassador

I read concerns for the ham radio guys and unwanted noise,
legitimate concerns of course .
 How strong could an attraction be made ?
Could this tuning be kept within a boundary or "domain" so as to be guaranteed to not go elsewhere ----- unwanted ?

A coupling or perimeter virtual/actual fence ?

might even be useful for power measurements over a bigger "ambient" area to qualify excess energy claims ?
an energy audit , all accounted for and "returned to sender"

if such a method were made to work safely
powering things within a domain [or property] would be most interesting indeed.

Not sure I am explaining this very well.

But the FE community always has this "thing" with transmitted signals and the transmitter [certain transmitters] not "feeling" them ?

Maybe  a small well built test bed as presented here By Stifflers work could
 test such a claim ?

With "beyond perimeter checking sensors"[sniffers] outside the "domain" or virtual fences to see if Noise escapes to unwanted areas... and a mechanism or "energy audit method " to qualify that ?

perhaps a fanciful musing or ??

maybe a method to test the claim empirically ?

« Last Edit: 2018-06-24, 16:45:55 by Chet K »

Buy me a beer
I see this has moved into class E crystal transmitters.

Regards

Mike 8)

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
The worst thing would be unchecked gigawatts of RF power pouring out all over the place. I'd imagine it would soon change from Class E to Class Action.
While it may not matter to the discussion, i'm in a very good boat in terms of polluting neighbours airwaves. We live on a corner lot. Noone lives in the house behind ours to the West, the house across the road to the South was abandoned years ago, the house across from us to the East is owned by a guy who owns another down the road and they seem to live in that one. Kitty corner (as they say here) across the other side of the road junction has also been empty for years and, a couple of weeks ago the other neighbour to our North side moved out !
I have checked my deodorant and everything !
The wife had a thought, crank up the hifi, there's noone around to complain  >:-)
It's a good thing in one way, mains pollution of the backyard can only be from our house and I do intend to use that fact when testing various ideas this summer.

A method to see about pollution would be to tune a radio to a multiple of the frequency and see how far away it gets affected. A 27MHz R/C transmitter will be heard on 108MHz FM band. Just spin the radio up to the top of the dial.
Therefore, 13.6MHz should be heard at 95.2MHz and perhaps 108.8MHz if the radio isn't digital.

Group: Professor

Progress - and new vids from Lidmotor and Dr Stiffler   O0

Lidmotor replication:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdWBj8Lyb1g

Dr Stiffler charging a cap to over 100 volts, quickly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgKetMbQMGY&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=sRM_ous8Bm8NfCcH-6

Group: Professor

Lidmotor replies to my queries - thanks!

Lidmotor27 minutes ago
This is a sine wave at 20v peak to peak.  The frequency here was at about 11Mhz but that can vary all over the place depending on the coil used, the 'clip lead', and the diode ring.  I saw this resonant 'event' show up from 8MHz all the to 16Mhz. depending on the parts used. The less the voltage the dimmer the light output.  Please read Dr. Stiffler's explanation below about what is going on.  Fascinating stuff.  Yes this works great with my crystal oscillator .  It is using a 13.56MHz crystal but by tuning it with a ferrite rod in the L3 coil it will go into resonance somehow.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-04, 10:09:20