PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 04:26:39
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Magnetic field engineering  (Read 7984 times)
Group: Guest

"Physicists have shown that surrounding a magnetic source with a magnetic shell can enhance the magnetic field as it moves away from the source, allowing magnetic energy to be transferred to a distant location through empty space [...] The achievement represents an unprecedented ability to transport and concentrate magnetic energy, and could have applications in the wireless transmission of energy"
http://phys.org/news/2013-01-magnetic-shell-unprecedented-fields.html

I don't find the paper for free.
I'm skeptic because I don't see what is revolutionary. What do you think?

I wish them luck developing a viable magnetic shell.

As described, my conclusion is that they should attend courses once offered by the NSA covering EM field theory. They wouldn't be so impressed with themselves.

They are correct, of course. The 'magnetic energy' they mention is a property of space not the magnet.

Think of it as blowing a bubble inside an inelastic bubble. Make the new inside bubble harden so it will not collapse from exterior pressure. Then let the pressure out of the inside bubble.

All they are doing is displacing 'magnetic field energy' and adding energy to the displacement by expanding the theoretical field lines.

In short..... they are doing nothing more adult than blowing bubbles.

I think this is a theoretical development at this point, nothing more.    I've often wondered how to transmit more magnetic field to one distant location, not unlike RF energy which we can concentrate with an array,) but I'm after concentrated magneto static fields  (or quasi static fields) at a distance.   It sounds like they are thinking along these same lines.

EM

Theoretical? Perhaps, in this case.

They should be careful. They are on the verge of creating a wavefront of compressed magnetic energy. It all sounds a bit too close to longitudinal magnetic-only waves  :)

Those are impossible so we may need to sic the physics police on them ;)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 04:26:39