PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 14:12:01
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: A true OU Breakthrough..? Holcomb scientific research  (Read 11022 times)
Group: Ambassador

https://www.newpowerprogress.com/news/holcomb-scientific-research-harnesses-electron-spin-to-deliver-power/8018093.article

“Topic under construction “

Also have info evolving here ( very interesting!!)

https://overunity.com/18815/has-anyone-here-constructed-an-overunity-system-that-works/msg564667/#new

EDIT,Topic locked pending outcome of legal claims
Edit to explain lock topic 12:45 ( eastern time US)pm Dec 14 2023
« Last Edit: 2023-12-14, 17:46:46 by Chet K »

This is a copy of an interesting patent mentioned above

I wonder if there is one in the whole list of Holcomb patents that describes exactly the above solid state generator that is also advertised on Holcomb Energy Systems website.

From many of Holcomb's patents, the term "reduced drag" always comes up.

The electric generator utilizes a solid state rotor that does not rotate which allows for power generation without reverse torque or the usual energy required to rotate the rotor inside the stator of the generator

Interesting. Sounds to me like some kind of TPU.

Magpwr has made a few posts at Wesley topic
Suggesting a direction of interest (post 3690 response to Holcomb query ( where’s the energy come from

https://overunity.com/17735/wesleys-kapanadze-and-other-fe-discussion-forum/msg564679/#new

What I thought is unique about there setup is how they integrated the technology into an AC motor topology. The AC motor outer stator is now the motionless rotor then they rewire the armature core as the stator. So there not reinventing the wheel simply rewiring a know commodity and adding specialized electronics. Smart setup...

Any bets on how long they will last?. It's one thing to do research but quite another to go public and start selling working technology. I hope they kick ass...

Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

I'm kind of pumped about Holocomb, I have seen countless FE startup's come and go but I have a good feeling about this one.

If they can crack the market everything will be blown wide open.

Many people don't realize FE has nothing to do with market saturation like renewables and other energy sources. This is new technology which will produce a paradigm shift in how people see energy. It will mark the move from a primitive hunter/gatherer/burning stuff mind set to "energy as a free commodity" with the only expense being the technology to transform it. 

It's a big deal and it only takes one company to crack the market and the whole energy sector will be transformed overnight.
Like a god damn gold rush, lol.

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

It's a big deal and it only takes one company to crack the market and the whole energy sector will be transformed overnight.
Like a god damn gold rush, lol.

Maybe what we need is a successful open source millionaire to take it up and run it similarly. Mark Shuttleworth made enough open sourcing Ubuntu Linux to visit the ISS. Can anyone reach him if this development comes together and a cooperation can be organised?

Group: Professor

It's not a patent, it is merely an application for a patent.  The patent may not be granted, and having read it I am of the opinion it won't be granted.  When you read into the details the motor is something that has been around for years, some permanent magnetic poles on a rotor that is within some stator poles that are sequentially driven with pulses.   The so called solid state (SS) generator similarly uses sequential pulsing of a circular array of electromagnets (the SS rotor) that induce voltage into a stator array of coils.  The inventor seems to think that when the stator coils deliver current to a load, because the rotor is static the reverse torque that you would get in a normal generator isn't present, hence the system has to be OU.  That is a fallacy, Mr Lenz is till present and there will be voltage induced into the SS rotor coils that will load the current sources.  His patent application (WO/2018/065635) for that SS generator is just that, an application, it has not been granted and I guess it won't be.
Smudge

https://holcombenergysystems.com/faq/

Are you protected by patents?

Yes, we currently have 7 patents in the international patent arena.

'Tis better to try and fail than never try at all

It's not a patent, it is merely an application for a patent.  The patent may not be granted, and having read it I am of the opinion it won't be granted.  When you read into the details the motor is something that has been around for years, some permanent magnetic poles on a rotor that is within some stator poles that are sequentially driven with pulses.   The so called solid state (SS) generator similarly uses sequential pulsing of a circular array of electromagnets (the SS rotor) that induce voltage into a stator array of coils.  The inventor seems to think that when the stator coils deliver current to a load, because the rotor is static the reverse torque that you would get in a normal generator isn't present, hence the system has to be OU.  That is a fallacy, Mr Lenz is till present and there will be voltage induced into the SS rotor coils that will load the current sources.  His patent application (WO/2018/065635) for that SS generator is just that, an application, it has not been granted and I guess it won't be.
Smudge

He has filed patents in many countries and just looking at one quickly I found this one is a 'granted' patent regarding the device: 
https://patents.google.com/patent/CN110050403B/en?oq=20190238011

That patent is also in many other countries - in the US it appears to be an application.  The one above I found was granted in China but I haven't looked at the other countries where it was filed.

Another reason this seems valid is they have had it validated to two major companies including dnv.com.  Here is a verification report from DNV attached:

A summary from the report reads: 
"The HES efficiency derived from 3 test protocols was:
- 374.1% efficient
- 399.6% efficient
- 489.9% efficient

That is 4.899 units: of power output for every 1 unit of power input.

2. HES self-generating Capacity

The ability of the HES to output 4 times as much power as is required for its operation allows
a continuous self regeneration ‘loop’ of the entire system while the HES simultaneously
powers an electrical load."

Smudge
The so called solid state (SS) generator similarly uses sequential pulsing of a circular array of electromagnets (the SS rotor) that induce voltage into a stator array of coils.  The inventor seems to think that when the stator coils deliver current to a load, because the rotor is static the reverse torque that you would get in a normal generator isn't present, hence the system has to be OU.  That is a fallacy, Mr Lenz is till present and there will be voltage induced into the SS rotor coils that will load the current sources.  His patent application (WO/2018/065635) for that SS generator is just that, an application, it has not been granted and I guess it won't be.

The premise is technically correct and no reverse torque can be present in a non-moving rotor/stator system. However as you imply, Lenz Law should still apply in all conventional systems. As it were the inventor does not mention how his system overcomes Lenz Law if it does. In this respect most patents are useless and the real process is never disclosed and considered intellectual property.

Patents are basically useless and everyone and there dog is going to try to steal the technology anyways. The biggest factor is first to market and production then protecting there intellectual property. A patent application is simply a means to give the investors an impression of security even if there is none. It's always a gamble...

Here's the kicker, the inventor could allow you or others here to test this device for months but they would be no closer to understanding the process. This is true because not only is it unknown in the art but more important it's the last thing anyone would ever be looking for. Do you understand?, it's not on anyone's radar, it doesn't show up in testing and can only be deduced/predicted with electrodynamic theory. So we would need to know exactly where to look and what to look for specifically prior to testing to conclude anything.

Judging from your work I suspect you may be the only one here I have seen who has what it takes to crack the theory behind this technology.

Regards
AC

Group: Experimentalist

Perhaps we could discuss ways to effectively remove or cancel the Lenz effect. 

1)  In a transformer, constant current or constant voltage on the secondary.

2)  Rotary PM device, equal and opposite EM/PM interactions.

Anything else........anybody?

Regards,
Pm

No moving parts, just move magnetic field

It's not a patent, it is merely an application for a patent.

You're quite right. The number is a giveaway. I just wanted to get at the drawings to see what was going on.

Partzman
Perhaps we could discuss ways to effectively remove or cancel the Lenz effect.

This technology does not need to remove or cancel the Lenz effect because it doesn't apply.

It's like trying to debate the aerodynamics of a craft which rarifies or displaces all the air around it thus has no aerodynamics. So even while everyone would keep saying it's a craft and it flies through air so we need to talk about aerodynamics, no we do not, it doesn't apply.

That's the kicker, anyone can habitually repeat everything they have learned or been taught but not repeating it and doing something new is a completely different story.

AC

Group: Tinkerer

I have connected with Robert Holcombe on Linkedin where he is posting updates.

Group: Experimentalist

Partzman
This technology does not need to remove or cancel the Lenz effect because it doesn't apply.

It's like trying to debate the aerodynamics of a craft which rarifies or displaces all the air around it thus has no aerodynamics. So even while everyone would keep saying it's a craft and it flies through air so we need to talk about aerodynamics, no we do not, it doesn't apply.

That's the kicker, anyone can habitually repeat everything they have learned or been taught but not repeating it and doing something new is a completely different story.

AC

AC,

Well perhaps you would like to explain (at least to me) just exactly what this technology does require?

Pm

Any bets on how long they will last?. It's one thing to do research but quite another to go public and start selling working technology. I hope they kick ass...

Regards
AC

So are you now saying that this would indeed be a great time to release FE devices?  Perhaps you will reconsider discussing all those FE devices you have already witnessed??

As far as these HES devices are concerned, I just read the DNV witnessed report (link posted on OU.com thread).

I saw red flags flying throughout...

No instruments were used to measure AC phase angle.  Also, there was an "efficiency" calculation made based on how little the input power changed when the output was loaded, as if the unloaded input power was irrelevant.

The battery/cap bank 6 hr run time test with no Vdrop when looped was interesting, but any witness that would agree to AC power calculations using only V and I with no regard for phase angle probably did not fully understand what was or was not disconnected during that portion of the test (other than what he was told by HES).

It would be wonderful if true, but I will add a degree of caution to my optimism...

PW

Group: Tinkerer

Looks like the steel architecture may be playing a part in negating/using/avoiding lenz? Those conical stands are for what exactly?

As far as these HES devices are concerned, I just read the DNV witnessed report (link posted on OU.com thread).

I saw red flags flying throughout...

No instruments were used to measure AC phase angle.  Also, there was an "efficiency" calculation made based on how little the input power changed when the output was loaded, as if the unloaded input power was irrelevant.

The battery/cap bank 6 hr run time test with no Vdrop when looped was interesting, but any witness that would agree to AC power calculations using only V and I with no regard for phase angle probably did not fully understand what was or was not disconnected during that portion of the test (other than what he was told by HES).

It would be wonderful if true, but I will add a degree of caution to my optimism...

PW

I would add that for the two standard generators in the test results there is no mention of the loads used.   But for the Holcomb device the load included a 1035uF capacitor.  That immediately suggests there will be a significant phase between output voltage and output current that should be taken into account. 

I would also challenge their view about unpaired electron spins being totally responsible for the Fe magnetization.  Certainly Fe being conductive there will be conduction electrons that are partially responsible, but the major contribution is from the atomic electron orbitals.  Having said that, Fe is often the material of choice for obtaining spin-polarized electrons for spintronic experiments.

I have spent the last quarter-of-a-century of my life looking for ways of utilising those spin-aligned dipoles in Fe applications and it is just possible that Holcomb have managed to do that.  For those spin-polarized conduction electrons to have an anomalous effect there must be some mechanism for them to not be where our classical education tells us they will be, i.e. evenly distributed through the Fe.  One possibility is that they collect themselves at one end of the Fe core thus creating greater magnetic field there than is expected.  If there is a magnetic field gradient along the core that will do the trick and perhaps that explains why the cores are conical in shape.   The actual magnetization within a core depends upon the so-called demagnetization factor that is shape dependent.  So a conical core will not have uniform magnetization along its length, hence will not have uniform field.  So those pesky conduction electrons (a) get aligned and (b) get pulled towards the maximum field point.  I suspect that anomaly could be used to good effect, but maybe not the 300% efficiency as claimed.

Smudge

Here is a quick FEMM simulation showing the field from a conical core and a plot of the field along the centre line.  The core is Fe and the coil around it is 100 turns carrying 10 amps.  Clearly the conical shape has produced an almost linear gradient, the drop off at the end is due to the hemispherical shape there.  There is no doubt in my mind that conduction electrons will be drawn to that sharp end of the cone thus producing anomalous field value there.  Whether that effect will produce OU is another matter.
Smudge

Looks like the steel architecture may be playing a part in negating/using/avoiding lenz? Those conical stands are for what exactly?

Jimboot,

Can you direct me to where you saw the "conical stands", I must have missed that...

PW

Could someone get a copy of the publication WO/2018/065635 that should give more details of this OU generator?  Thanks.
Smudge

I found a pdf of the SS Holcomb generator but it doesn't want to download, it is over 10Mb.
Smudge.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 14:12:01