PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 16:48:06
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 53780 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Here are my resonance measurements. Essentially I see a big difference to Mike's measurements (see at the end of the file)
Regards
Toni

Hi Toni

Yes, I have a cable problem from my channel 1 from the SG.

I have spent all afternoon to see what the problem is, it persisted until I changed the cable.

The cable tests as though it is ok, but it seems the cable is NOT 50ohms and causing a standing wave, I can't think of anything else.

The resonance is now as it should be and I will have to do some more tests.

I will remove the last pdf so as not to confuse, I did state at the time that it was a very unexpected result.

By the way on page 12 of your pdf you put 5kHz under the screen shot, it should be 5.000Hz, the rigol does put k if it is kHz and they use a decimal point and not a (,) commer as used in Europe, I get confused sometimes with living in Spain but being English.

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Hello
I once set up a circuit.
With two tc4017. Now I have to build the TPU. Frequency only for testing.
Lota

Buy me a beer
Hello
I once set up a circuit.
With two tc4017. Now I have to build the TPU. Frequency only for testing.
Lota

You will have to be able to adjust your duty and frequency unless your Toroid build is perfect.

SM's 2.1 and 3.2 times base is for fine adjustment, it is the hardest part as I believe SM was always tuning before a demonstration.

It is all to do with timing and ratios.

Regards

Mike  8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

What is happening with the sg measurements ?

Did the faulty lead cause us a misdirection ?

Mine has a kind of flashing when put near mains interference sources ...surely unusual ..but this wind is unusual.

We need to get to the plasma point with no self run goal at this stage . There are so many variables and differences between builds, our early goal needs to be DBD Plasma.

I have gone back to the dds and I have B never on when a or c are on and while I dont expect self run I'm  looking for the dbd condition .half second
At 10,000 hz and 10,000.5 I can get steady and obvious voltage rise and fall at .5 hz   this is not possible with the 4047's. It proves that I have a working mixer but maybe not much else.

Can you suggest a simpler build that will ensure plasma if not much else?
We need to gain experience and familiarity with this state of matter .
On another thread here and a slightly different context is is suggested that the energy is in the dielectric  .

I am tempted to revert to my 2 plates .
If so do you suggest  closed rings  or open ones  (O shaped) or (C shaped)cut ?

Buy me a beer
What is happening with the sg measurements ?

Did the faulty lead cause us a misdirection ?

Mine has a kind of flashing when put near mains interference sources ...surely unusual ..but this wind is unusual.

We need to get to the plasma point with no self run goal at this stage . There are so many variables and differences between builds, our early goal needs to be DBD Plasma.

I have gone back to the dds and I have B never on when a or c are on and while I dont expect self run I'm  looking for the dbd condition .half second
At 10,000 hz and 10,000.5 I can get steady and obvious voltage rise and fall at .5 hz   this is not possible with the 4047's. It proves that I have a working mixer but maybe not much else.

Can you suggest a simpler build that will ensure plasma if not much else?
We need to gain experience and familiarity with this state of matter .
On another thread here and a slightly different context is is suggested that the energy is in the dielectric  .

I am tempted to revert to my 2 plates .
If so do you suggest  closed rings  or open ones  (O shaped) or (C shaped)cut ?

This has been an extraction, I was surprised at this result as I have stated, and it doesn't change anything, they were just exhaustive tests on my new build unit.

You can make the plasma by using an external HV pulsed source ( any transformer like an ignition coil) into a solenoid wound over a several turn loop core, the core being ground and the solenoid is positive (C1),

The problem is you have to extract the energy at the right time, it is all down to timing.

Regards

Mike 8)

PS Sent you an email.

SM's 2.1 and 3.2 times base is for fine adjustment, it is the hardest part as I believe SM was always tuning before a demonstration.

I am still having trouble figuring out how you are creating a beat when you are using the 4011 Sequencer.  Since this sequencer restarts the oscillations from the A and B 4047's repeatedly, no beat is created because your pulses are in lock step.  Can you elaborate on how you are actually creating the 7.83Hz beat? 

Also, Can you show us detailed scope shots of your gate signals running while your device is putting out COP > 1?  No need to state anything about OU in a video or photos, just a tentative target for us to shoot for in pulse train tuning...

Thanks,

Dave
« Last Edit: 2021-12-17, 08:08:29 by web000x »

Buy me a beer
Hi Dave.

I think it is a problem of not seeing the trees, only the forest.

Let's take a-a1, at the beginning of a you input 5kHz so you will have 5000resonant bursts along a coil. At the beginning of a1 coil you input 10500Hz pulses which will give you as many resonant pulses. All these pulses are traveling in the same direction within the OFF time of A and C, this off time is a lot longer than the charge time, so the resonant peaks are a lot more but they are stepping because of the delay between one end of a and the other where C started. It is part of the delay line effect.

The  input pulse is one to several million resonant pulses, it is not 1 to 1.

Busy few days with Christmas just around the corner, typing on my phone is not ideal.

Regards

Mike.

Hi Dave.

I think it is a problem of not seeing the trees, only the forest.

Let's take a-a1, at the beginning of a you input 5kHz so you will have 5000resonant bursts along a coil. At the beginning of a1 coil you input 10500Hz pulses which will give you as many resonant pulses. All these pulses are traveling in the same direction within the OFF time of A and C, this off time is a lot longer than the charge time, so the resonant peaks are a lot more but they are stepping because of the delay between one end of a and the other where C started. It is part of the delay line effect.

The  input pulse is one to several million resonant pulses, it is not 1 to 1.

Busy few days with Christmas just around the corner, typing on my phone is not ideal.

Regards

Mike.

I get that there are waves interacting in the device and we must harness their interactions but I’m really just confused how you can say you are injecting 5KHz and 10.5KHz all while using the sequencer that dictates harmonic relations, eg  1:2  for our circuit.  How are you adding the 500 extra pulses while running lock step?

Dave

Buy me a beer
I get that there are waves interacting in the device and we must harness their interactions but I’m really just confused how you can say you are injecting 5KHz and 10.5KHz all while using the sequencer that dictates harmonic relations, eg  1:2  for our circuit.  How are you adding the 500 extra pulses while running lock step?

Dave

Dave it is not the input frequency, it is the discharge timing and the Toroid delay. The running frequency is the 2 resonant frequencies, with and without C2.

Later more explination.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
This should help you to understand, but it is not that easy to explain.

Regards

Mike 8)

This should help you to understand, but it is not that easy to explain.

Regards

Mike 8)

Thanks Mike,

That is helpful in clearing up some confusion. 

Dave

Freie Energie für alle
What happens if you switch off the power supply at the charging point? Can the TPU supply itself
or do the high voltage pulses break down?
These were questions I asked myself when I carried out the experimental set-up and series of measurements described in the appendix....
Have fun

Toni

Buy me a beer
What happens if you switch off the power supply at the charging point? Can the TPU supply itself
or do the high voltage pulses break down?
These were questions I asked myself when I carried out the experimental set-up and series of measurements described in the appendix....
Have fun

Toni

Hi Toni

First Quote:

[bSo far, I have understood how to generate the high-voltage pulses with the possible lowest energy
input. This led me to completely abandon the duty of 8.33% suggested by Mike and instead use a
charging time (time needed to charge the CMC coils) that is not dependent on the frequency, but
since the duty is the expression of the charging time, it must be adapted to the frequency used.][/b]

The duty cycle is not suggested by me, IT WAS ONLY AN EXAMPLE (eg is what is used in English)

What is important as I have also said is the charge times depending on the choke used.

The C2 capacitor will depend on each build, I am sure it is not optimal by any means. The build I am doing atm shows a differential of 0.790MHz with 0.22uF which gives the lowest harmonic of 7.9Hz "pretty close to 7.83Hz but might not be good enough. I may need to bring the "with C2" frequency up.

What is your start voltage, and what is the voltage at C3, with and without a drain resistor across C3?

Regards

Mike 8)
Your doing some good work.

Freie Energie für alle
What is your start voltage, and what is the voltage at C3, with and without a drain resistor across C3?
Hi Mike,
in my document and the video, the voltage at C3 was 30V.
I have previously used different voltages from 10V - 30V to see how big the HV pulses are. In this appendix you can see that (except at 10V) the range is between 750V and 800V.
Atm. I have not connected a resistor across C3 (see schematic).

Thank you for your comments.

Toni

Buy me a beer
Hi Mike,
in my document and the video, the voltage at C3 was 30V.
I have previously used different voltages from 10V - 30V to see how big the HV pulses are. In this appendix you can see that (except at 10V) the range is between 750V and 800V.
Atm. I have not connected a resistor across C3 (see schematic).

Thank you for your comments.

Toni

Sorry I had to read it again, yes 30v.

You need around twice that, there is a point where the voltage in C1 is sufficient to strip electrons (the plasma point), your C1 voltage is too low atm.

I have been told that all SMs demonstrations were started before in another room, which fits in with what I'm saying, C3 is charged up to around 70v beforehand, then the electronics are switched on in the demonstration (latching reed switch which also acts as the safety switch).

Regards

Mike 8)

I'm sure you are all aware that the Schumann resonance frequency of the earth is not a constant 7.83Hz.  For example see-

https://www.disclosurenews.it/schumann-resonance-today-update/

Regards,
Pm

Buy me a beer
I'm sure you are all aware that the Schumann resonance frequency of the earth is not a constant 7.83Hz.  For example see-

https://www.disclosurenews.it/schumann-resonance-today-update/

Regards,
Pm

Hi PM

Yes, and why I think SM was always, from what we are told, retuning before a demonstration. I follow the bot on Twitter, but the band in relation to the frequency seems acceptable. What is interesting are the harmonics at 6.5 spacing.

I'm not happy with the drive atm, it's not as I would like it, just not much time to spend on it.

Thanks for the interest

Regards

Mike 8)

Away on my phone.

Mike,

I’m compiling some data as we speak and I think you may be off somehow on your resonant frequency.  .  I am running tests similar to what you have but also have incorporated my Tektronics P6302 current probe and have found that I have series resonance around 4-6MHz for various tests.  See attached scope shot of resonance on ‘a’ coil input and C1 GND.  The yellow trace, SG voltage is at a min, and the magenta trace, the current, is at a max.  Voltage and current are in phase.

I have measurements not that far from you:

1st coil (a,a1) to core is 0.462nF
2nd coil (c,c1) to core is 0.335nF
3rd coil (b,b1) to core is 0.277nF

L@A= 43uH
L@C= 38uH

In your recent PDF, you mention that you are looking for peak sine wave activity from the SG to determine resonance.  Seems to me that would be the way for a parallel resonance circuit, but since we’re driving a series resonant circuit, we’re looking for minimum voltage, max current and phase 0 here as shown in my scope shot where I am just resonating at A and C1 GND.  There is just too big of a discrepancy for the slight differences in our toriods.

Dave

Buy me a beer
Mike,

I’m compiling some data as we speak and I think you may be off somehow on your resonant frequency.  .  I am running tests similar to what you have but also have incorporated my Tektronics P6302 current probe and have found that I have series resonance around 4-6MHz for various tests.  See attached scope shot of resonance on ‘a’ coil input and C1 GND.  The yellow trace, SG voltage is at a min, and the magenta trace, the current, is at a max.  Voltage and current are in phase.

I have measurements not that far from you:

1st coil (a,a1) to core is 0.462nF
2nd coil (c,c1) to core is 0.335nF
3rd coil (b,b1) to core is 0.277nF

L@A= 43uH
L@C= 38uH

In your recent PDF, you mention that you are looking for peak sine wave activity from the SG to determine resonance.  Seems to me that would be the way for a parallel resonance circuit, but since we’re driving a series resonant circuit, we’re looking for minimum voltage, max current and phase 0 here as shown in my scope shot where I am just resonating at A and C1 GND.  There is just too big of a discrepancy for the slight differences in our toriods.

Dave

Hi Dave

Will do it again, you are right on the parallel and series. I don't have a current pro e so will use a CSR.

Lately my head is in personal problems.

C2 is parallel to C1 though.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Dave

Just got into my lab, and I have just thought that I am not going to be able to simultaneously do the current and voltage because of the grounding problem, unless I feed the input through a small toroid, after all it is only to see the max and min amplitudes and not a measurement of current.

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Dave, I'm having a lot of interruptions so not done all the frequencies atm.

Yellow is SG signal in

Green is the current in

Circuit is as yours.

At 0º phase +- because of either rise or fall, I'm measuring both (bottom right)

Frequencies as shown,

Difference is 7.94

So series or parallel depends on the frequency of resonance!!!! for this LC which is not a normal one.

More to do at lower frequencies

Regards

Mike 8)

Freie Energie für alle
If I run a sinusoidal signal through the frequency from 0 - 60MHz, I get the 1st resonance at A at 3.41MHz and the 2nd resonance at 9.17MHz. For C the 1st resonance is at 5.24MHz and the 2nd at 9.0MHz (see attachment).

Buy me a beer
After a lot of patience, here is the first resonant frequency at "a" to loop ground.

This is series resonance, though the solenoids to loop ground do have an anomaly.

The surprise is 5MHz. (5kHz will be the base frequency in this case) :D

Now to look at "C"

Regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Using this as a reference.

Regards

Mike 8)

Hey Mike,

Here are some of my measurement results for my toroid.  I've done 4 separate resonance tests, two for A and C with NO C2 and two tests for A and C with C2 connected.  I then take those isolated resonance frequencies and apply a single measured frequency to both A and C with two separate SG channels and measure the phase angles of signals and current.  I only have one current probe worthy at those frequencies so I've had to take multiple measurements to show relations for current in A and C.  The waveforms highlight some of the qualitative measuments of this toroid.

Dave

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 16:48:06