PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 01:47:52
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 53807 times)

Another way to describe the challenge IMO:
"How do you charge/discharge a capacitor when you only have access to one plate?"

---------------------------
"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Another way to describe the challenge IMO:
"How do you charge/discharge a capacitor when you only have access to one plate?"

You have access to both, the "b" coils are not really coils at all, they are the other plate shaped like a coil. ;)

I have not published the final schematic atm, I am waiting to see if I'm going to be impeded in doing so, or any other possibilities.

You are all open to working it out, the information has been given, but not all together.

Regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Was referring to the really big charged capacitor the energy is to be extracted from. :P

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

Buy me a beer
 ;D
Was referring to the really big charged capacitor the energy is to be extracted from. :P

;D ;D ;D

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
There are always ionized particles all around us that have gotten through the Earth's protection shield from the Sun.

You create your own and mix them, like an audio mixer with coils on a ferrite core for example. That is just an example ok.

You have to have the correct medium like a transformer has an iron core.

Regards

Mike

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Great news Mike ,

Im sure that you have considered ultra caps . Other than their higher charge absorption,
are there any reasons why batteries would be a better solution ?

It seems that much of our current tech (pun intended) has great application to this .

Im looking forward to NOT blowing so many mosfets and thank you for all your work in solving most of this puzzle that has had so many of us running in circles for decades.

When it comes down to it there are a lot of variables which are challenging but the learning is the most important thing ...after all.
It is hard to forget normal induction for the many with a little knowledge .

Remember SM stated "catalyst release" ..that's plasma.

Be careful with dc ...shocks are far,far  more dangerous than with ac.

Buy me a beer
Hi Lindsay

Yes to caps rather than batteries, this has already been mentioned by an energy expert I have been with. Even at 1kw if the storage is 5kw you would  have 6kw for the peak, at night the 1kw would recharge the 5kw easily.

From my experience a 2kw unit would supply also into the grid, with others doing the same less power is needed from the central generator, I think this is where this will go, the same as with solar but 24/7.

Regards

Mike

So is the sch in post 263 now the main driver circuit?
thay

Buy me a beer
  So is the sch in post 263 now the main driver circuit?
thay

Yes.

Believe it or not, it is very similar to before, but without the interruptions which were making it unstable.

This has now reduced the component count right down and removed the instability, this also leaves it open to very accurate control of the frequency (Fr).

Remember the (Fr) resonant frequency of the toroid is always the same whatever frequency you input, what is different is the delay.

The last part of all this is how this is looped to keep the system running, and is a very important part of how this works.

Regards

Mike

Remember the (Fr) resonant frequency of the toroid is always the same whatever frequency you input, what is different is the delay.

What kind of natural frequencies do you generally get in your coils?

I was considering running an Arduino Teensy as primary driver but it would really start to lose granularity with switching freqs above ~500kc.

Since the 4047 has a hard reset and can have all three start at the same time plus use to gate the signals at the right times, hands down a winner. I am using it now. Tried to use an external 3 channel gen and it was modest at best. Go simple, less things to worry about.
   As for the frequencies, my coils are nearly a carbon copy of his and they are about 1.2mhz. As Mike said, it will run at the natural frequency no matter what you trigger at.   5K, 10.5k and 16K are the stated starting area. Be a good idea to read from post 1 and take notes, by the time you reach here, you should see the directions.
  Not sure if I can help you but will be open to try.
thay

Buy me a beer
SM hides everything in plain sight, I would think he is good at playing cards. ;D

Now I have been trying to make you all think for yourselves. My first breakthrough as to what was happening was when I fed the coils with ONE frequency but in a follow-on sequence. I tuned the frequency but the sequence stayed the same (more or less). This created harmonics which I picked up on my spectrum analyser. As I was tuning the frequency, all of a sudden the harmonics came together and kicked into larger more powerful harmonics. I have shown a video of this some time ago.

Now SM talked of 3 frequencies, but it was not until much later I realised they could not be as 3 frequencies as in 5,10 and 15kHz, but one frequency and 3 duty cycles, crafty SM.

What he did was use one clock frequency into a sequencer with different output duties. I have done this with the minimum component count using CD4047s, this is how it is done.

He stated that the 3 frequencies are 1st, then the 2nd is the 1st X 2.1 and the 3rd the 1st X 3.2 +-. In reality, it is the ON timing of the single frequency, the ON duty for the 3 MOSFET switches.

Remember that "B" can't be ON when "A" or "C" is ON, why? because "B" is ON when resonance is happening and not when the A and C constant current chokes are charging. That means the area of interest is the discharge timing of the chokes.

Look at the attached, they do not "quite" add up to 100%

Regards

Mike

« Last Edit: 2022-07-04, 17:27:37 by Centraflow »

Buy me a beer
This is the simple circuit, the clock can be any square wave generator that you want, and the inputs to the IC's are short pulses.

Regards

Mike

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Great explanation Mike,

It makes me wonder if the effect could be achieved with 3 different turns ratios or something along those lines.

I always remember when he said the it was all in the way the coils interact with each other . I believe he was being honest at the time as who would have thought that the tech would be constrained the way it obviously has been . Just as well the domestic world is mostly rigged for dc supplies from solar systems.

Some corporate s here are creating green mines from massive solar farms and electric dump trucks ...which were always diesel/electric anyway .

Interesting times for sure .

Buy me a beer
Great explanation Mike,

It makes me wonder if the effect could be achieved with 3 different turns ratios or something along those lines.

I always remember when he said the it was all in the way the coils interact with each other . I believe he was being honest at the time as who would have thought that the tech would be constrained the way it obviously has been . Just as well the domestic world is mostly rigged for dc supplies from solar systems.

Some corporate s here are creating green mines from massive solar farms and electric dump trucks ...which were always diesel/electric anyway .

Interesting times for sure .

They are inductance and capacitance ratios, same number of turns but they have longer wire and get fatter each over winding. They end up as ratios.

The resonance is both voltage and current aiding, all due to how the coils are wound, he is right.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Please note that in post 286 the clock and pulse sequence is wrong and has been replaced. I have had to take this from a backup as it seems to have been altered.

Thanks to Toni for pointing this out.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thank you for sharing your TPU design!
It looks the closest explanation and replication to Steven Mark's TPU that I have seen in the last 25 years!
Do you also notice any "gyroscopic motion" when you hold your coils similar to SM design? 
Any heat noticed when powering a load?
What is your output so far in voltage and current?
Still learning how to build your design and parts needed.
Thank you  O0

Buy me a beer
Explaining the infinite waves within STEAP, THE DELAY LINES.

Regards

Mike

Love the new design of the gen. Will this be the goal post I can use to try and kick a winner? Just got the last circuit up and running but with issues, then the post took a forward jump.  :)
At the moment I am using all low side drivers to test out the switching but will opt out for the isolated drivers for the final.  My coils are near the same values as your set so can run with the set values for the time being.
   Do want to ask how to determine the values for the CMC's as I am not really a designer in this.
Thanks Mike for all.
thay

Buy me a beer
   Love the new design of the gen. Will this be the goal post I can use to try and kick a winner? Just got the last circuit up and running but with issues, then the post took a forward jump.  :)
At the moment I am using all low side drivers to test out the switching but will opt out for the isolated drivers for the final.  My coils are near the same values as your set so can run with the set values for the time being.
   Do want to ask how to determine the values for the CMC's as I am not really a designer in this.
Thanks Mike for all.
thay

In keeping of how I am explaining STEAP of how I came about finding the way it works, that last post is very important.

SM explained in his form of speed with reference to firing a gun, also of a short piece of wire and passing a magnet very fast, or a very long piece of wire and passing a magnet slower.

STEAP has an infinite number of waves in a small area. The output is taken across this small coil "a", think how that can be! It is like a secondary of a transformer but the output is DC, how can that be!

Who is going to give me the right answer!!

Regards

Mike

Output is turned on when opposing waves are 180 degrees due to delay line characteristics, maybe?

Buy me a beer
Output is turned on when opposing waves are 180 degrees due to delay line characteristics, maybe?

No. What do you have at either end of the "a" coil? Remember that coil "a" is part of both parallel and series resonance.

Regards

Mike

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
So, what is the output of the STEAP TPU currently?

Buy me a beer
So, what is the output of the STEAP TPU currently?

Just over 700w, 178v independent testing and stopped working just under 3hrs due to a sudden surge in heat.

Regards

Mike

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Just over 700w, 178v independent testing and stopped working just under 3hrs due to a sudden surge in heat.

Regards

Mike

sudden surge in heat?

Edit: what is the ring diameter?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 01:47:52