PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-19, 23:30:01
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 56075 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
I found this PDF which explains analog delay lines to be very enlightening. It mentions 'The delay-line MOSFET's have a tetrode structure'.

If you look at Fig13, Room Expander, it will give you an idea of the "system".

Mike

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Working designs aside, can you explain the method of induction within the STEAP? 

As simple as moving a magnet through a coil.

So, far I can't understand most of the analogies and explanations.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
I feel that there are some very interesting clues in this exerpt, which SM is alleged to have written.

I think he was talking about coherence when he said 'crystal clear'.
There are so many reverse nuggets in that SM quote above it unbelievable. 

I have to agree.  My current driver is a CFL which operates at 35.7khz. 
SM needed speed to create EMPs. 
Whats interesting is Don Smith used EMPs also and never mentioned the need for speed because the cfl power supply and the neon took care of that.

The rest of the circuit captured that activity and stored it.

The tanks and series LC ckts then produce a fidelic environment.

Buy me a beer
Working designs aside, can you explain the method of induction within the STEAP? 

If you take a solenoid coil and you pass a current through it you will create an electro magnet, N one end and S at the other. If you pass AC you can induce currents into metals, not only iron, but into copper or aluminum, this is AC induction. The laws of induction use the term, moving magnetic field, not an alternating field, but both induce current into a metal, AC or DC. STEAP produces DC induction, a moving magnetic field, a DC linear generator.

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
To create the moving magnetic field you need two DC EM solenoids wound like a bifilar coil. You pass two different currents at different pulsed timings through the two coils. The result is a moving magnetic field in one direction which is a sudo, all positive, wave.

The core, copper, is induced with a current, it is a loop shorted, the currents circulate, very high currents. These currents induce an equal field back at where the inducing field came from, but WITH GAIN, as SM said, it runs with gain.

The pick up coils are wound with the inducing coils, therefore the solenoid coils are trifilar. You now have a linear DC generator "basicly speaking".

Mike

The DC-induced magnetic field does not move! it just skips. Does the film frame move? Only we see it that way. It's the same with the DC coil. A magnetic field is created at the coil. It arises and disappears. If there is a different magnetic field, it connects and then we can say that it connects and moves. It could be a sine wave then. Smooth displacement of the magnetic field, not DC jumps.

Yes, the current flowing in the short-circuited wire is large, but there is no excess energy. There is as much as there is a magnetic field. Show me an example when it's different.

Buy me a beer
The DC-induced magnetic field does not move! it just skips. Does the film frame move? Only we see it that way. It's the same with the DC coil. A magnetic field is created at the coil. It arises and disappears. If there is a different magnetic field, it connects and then we can say that it connects and moves. It could be a sine wave then. Smooth displacement of the magnetic field, not DC jumps.

Yes, the current flowing in the short-circuited wire is large, but there is no excess energy. There is as much as there is a magnetic field. Show me an example when it's different.

Did I say jump! Each wave has a different amplitude, and it DOES move, it travels, as in an electron accelerator, pull push pull push, using magnetic fields.

By the way, I do not have to prove anything to you, sorry but atm I am not in any mood for arguing over something I know and you don't.

Look up accelerators. If you can accelerate "electron" current.
The whole unit is like an op amp, it runs with gain, the configuration is a current amplifier as well as voltage.

The output is a differential positive pulse.

Mike

PS Eastern Europe?

Centraflow:
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just describing what I know. It's hard to describe correctly if I'm not an English speaker. Maybe I misunderstood you. I would like to see with my own eyes what SM or you are writing about. Maybe I still don't know anything, but I'm trying to research it.
I also once came to the conclusion that it might be on Betatron! especially since the description fits. After years, I came to the conclusion that other devices also fit. Do not get me wrong.
According to what you write and what SM writes, the method should be noticed by many of us. Why isn't this the case?

If this is not a problem, show me when the current in the fault loop will be added to the input current and OU will be formed. Please.

tExB=qr
To create the moving magnetic field you need two DC EM solenoids wound like a bifilar coil. You pass two different currents at different pulsed timings through the two coils. The result is a moving magnetic field in one direction which is a sudo, all positive, wave.

The core, copper, is induced with a current, it is a loop shorted, the currents circulate, very high currents. These currents induce an equal field back at where the inducing field came from, but WITH GAIN, as SM said, it runs with gain.

The pick up coils are wound with the inducing coils, therefore the solenoid coils are trifilar. You now have a linear DC generator "basicly speaking".

Mike

The core is parallel to the coils.
In a normal solenoid, the magnetic field is perpendicular to the coil windings.
So, is this some different form of induction, or I am missing the picture?

SM says it's a skin effect.

High voltage DC pulses become electrostatic. Then additional capacitive effects also occur. Outside the magnetic field we have coupling as in a capacitor. This makes measurements difficult and introduces a lot of noise. Maybe SM referred to it as HASH.

SM talks about a little kick. Once he says it's two waves when they meet. Other times it's a feedback effect from the coil. The return on price, i.e. bemf, is usually a high-voltage current.

Who will show the actual kick SM is talking about  :)  ?

Buy me a beer
The core is parallel to the coils.
In a normal solenoid, the magnetic field is perpendicular to the coil windings.
So, is this some different form of induction, or I am missing the picture?

If you short the two ends of a solenoid what do you have? NEAR no inductance, it behaves NEARLY like a solid piece of metal, the returning field is NEARLY perpendicular to the solenoids wound around it. How does a transformer perform if the secondary is SHORTED. You need to look hard at what happens. b/A/B/external ground plane, the latter not shown, is a capacitor which charges, A as you know is connected to one terminal of the output (SM drawing).

If you drop a imaginary MONO pole magnet down inside a copper tube, what happens? STEAP is in reverse, you can not drop a copper tube down inside a magnet, but it is the same.

Mike

Buy me a beer
Centraflow:
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just describing what I know. It's hard to describe correctly if I'm not an English speaker. Maybe I misunderstood you. I would like to see with my own eyes what SM or you are writing about. Maybe I still don't know anything, but I'm trying to research it.
I also once came to the conclusion that it might be on Betatron! especially since the description fits. After years, I came to the conclusion that other devices also fit. Do not get me wrong.
According to what you write and what SM writes, the method should be noticed by many of us. Why isn't this the case?

If this is not a problem, show me when the current in the fault loop will be added to the input current and OU will be formed. Please.

Because it is clever The way to move a "field" is as the Room expander model. There is NO resonance, there is reverberation which is part of the way a room expander works.

It took me from 2013 until 2021 to work this out, not in plain site. You HAVE TO THINK LIKE A SOUND ENGINEER, the old ones like me ;D I am not a sound engineer, I am an industrial engineer, and my electronics started when I became a radio Ham, G6GVA in my days at Marconi, that is my UK call sign, but I have an equivalent class A here in Spain where I live.

Look at the SM drawings.
As SM said, you would not believe how simple this is.

Mike

Buy me a beer
" SM said it was a skin effect"

It is a skin effect, where are the charges on a capacitor? Where does high frequency run in a wire?

Mike

Buy me a beer
Electromagnetic waves, do they travel?

What did SM say? "the waves are traveling at near the seed of light"

https://www.ck12.org/flexi/physical-science/electromagnet/how-quickly-do-electromagnetic-waves-travel/#:~:text=All%20electromagnetic%20waves%20travel%20at,108%20m%2Fs).

A magnet through a copper tube travels at the speed gravity is pulling the magnet until the opposite induced field slows it down.

What if you had a remote control ON OFF ON OFF for the magnet as it went through the tube?

Mike

tExB=qr
The STEAP uses moving electric fields to induce a current in the core.

Correct?

If the STEAP is not radiating, then the moving electric fields are uniform, and therefore there is an associated magnetic field, also moving.

Then there should be other ways to apply this effect, even if only a proof of concept to verify these details.

Will a long version of your abc coil diagram show this inductive effect on the core wire?

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
As a footnote to the audio room expander concept, here is Steven's patent.

I had a scan of a beat up "Spherics Audio Laboratories" business card sent to me by one of the many players in Steven's circle at one time or another, but I can't seem to find that either.  >:( I will keep looking....

David Doleshal may have been one of Steven's closest associates, but sadly he is not technical in the electronics realm and although he witnessed the devices in operation, he was not able to shed any real light on how the units worked. He is supposedly a doctor of something, maybe Lindsay knows. Maybe he was Steven's lawyer, and hence the reason his name appears on the patent.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

The way I see, we have conventional transformer induction and motional EMF induction.  Both formulas are inherently balanced meaning by-themselves there is no obvious gain mechanism.

The two potential symmetry-breaking mechanisms IMO would be:
 - Parametric variation of permittivity (or: electrostriction)
 - Parametric variation of permeability (or: magnetostriction)

Either is conceivable since they both occur on the atomic level, with the electrical or magnetic induction being a secondary reaction which is not necessarily symmetric to the energy required to induce the parameter change.
(For example the joules required to increase a ferrous material past its curie temperature is in no way related to the # of webers of magnetic charge present in the material.  And the joules used to add heat are theoretically recoverable.)

The existence of a shorted loop coil implies that standing currents exist that are then modulated by altering one or both of these parameters, causing this secondary reaction which might be either conventional or motional EMF that would act on/modulate the existing charge(or both).  That would either increase or decrease the total energy present depending on the arrangement.  Since CF uses a lot of silicone-coated wire and no ferrous material I would lean toward electrostriction/permittivity modulation in his setup, while experimenters like GK are more likely to be using the permeability modulation route.

The experimental question then becomes what would be the simplest way to demonstrate an asymmetry or gain mechanism using this mechanic??
(doesn't matter if it's OU or self-powered as long as it demonstrates a new mechanism!)

Something like a constant-current flowing through a coil, applying HV impulses at various stages in linear sequence (akin to an 3-phase motor), then looking for an anomalous DC component between both ends of the constant-current wire?  The result would be a DC component that changes with pulse-train-frequency, and inverts when the pulse train direction is reversed, and scales linearly to current running through the constant-current coil, and doesn't invert when the constant-current source is reversed.

Anyway that's just my take, and full-disclosure almost entirely credited to Eric Dollard's work on parametrics. :P

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

tExB=qr
Both Centraflow and SM had at least one working device that had a wire core, so to speak, and the current was induced in this wire core as if dragging the electrons along the length of the wire.
SM had other versions but he described one with a 3-coil core, stacked, not interleaved.

This dragging direction is also the direction of the field motion.

Thinking more on the references to a solid core, is that the same as a closed solenoid?
Let's say it is, perhaps inside-out.

Somehow, the high velocity electric field is dragging the electrons as if a very strong magnetic field is moving. around the wire (based on field directions).

some way to apply several repeated electric fields along the length of the core wire should show some induced current.

Buy me a beer
SM suggested the transformer experiment.

If you do not understand how a room expander works, the basics, you will never get this to work.

SM said, if you do not get the kick you will never get it to work, that should give you a clue, what is causing the KICK?

I have shown you how to turn a mosfet into a triode, and 3 mosfets into a pentode, so what can the pentode do?

2 frequencies, one power supply.

Mike

SM suggested the transformer experiment.

If you do not understand how a room expander works, the basics, you will never get this to work.

SM said, if you do not get the kick you will never get it to work, that should give you a clue, what is causing the KICK?

I have shown you how to turn a mosfet into a triode, and 3 mosfets into a pentode, so what can the pentode do?

2 frequencies, one power supply.

Mike

Hmm does this pentode have the electron acceleration properties?

So the frequencies make a moving magnetic field, electrons can move because there is no circuit, no back pressure like turning off magnet in tube. Then once they are really traveling quick you turn on b and then boom there is your kick combined with the AB cap shorted ring if large current.

Somehow, the high velocity electric field is dragging the electrons as if a very strong magnetic field is moving. around the wire (based on field directions).

some way to apply several repeated electric fields along the length of the core wire should show some induced current.

So something like a string of Half-H-bridge drivers rated as high a potential as is practical?
And then if it were purely an electrostatic action then solid plates would conceivably work for the electrodes around the constant-current test coil.

Of course simpler circuits could be devised but not until it was confirmed if rise/fall times were critical factors to operation.

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

...If you do not understand how a room expander works...

sorry, what is this ? room expander

...If you do not understand how a room expander works...

sorry, what is this ? room expander

It's a reverb circuit. Delayed signals.

It's a reverb circuit. Delayed signals.

Thanks  O0

So this fits as a delay line;

Thanks  O0

So this fits as a delay line;

I cant read the part number

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-19, 23:30:01