Electrical / Electronic Theory and Learning Center > Learning Center Miscellaneous

MOSFET driver issue

(1/2) > >>

Grumpy:
I'm using an IXDF604PI (see attached) MOSFET driver to drive a IXTH02N450HV (see attached) MOSFET.

Low-side driving, 130k resistor at voltage source.

I apply 300vdc.  I can measure 300vdc at the MOSFET.

When I apply power to the driver, the 300vdc  voltage drops to about 10vdc.  I don't see a signal at the gate when this happens.

This is even with the driver input connected to a signal generator or disconnected (floating).

10 k-ohm  resistor gate to source, 100 ohm resistor between driver and gate.

When the driver is turned off, the voltage returns to 300vdc.

What could be wrong?

Grumpy:
I'm using a AHV12V4KV2R5MAW power supply, and 6 of the drivers (6 channels).

Now, I'm thinking my 12v power supply is too low of current since only 1A. A single driver worked fine when I tested it a couple of weeks ago.

Hakasays:
Do you have the driver input side biased to ground as well?   I've had gate drivers that needed to be clamped with a 10-100k ohm pulldown resistor.

Grumpy:

--- Quote from: Hakasays on 2022-09-11, 05:51:32 ---Do you have the driver input side biased to ground as well?   I've had gate drivers that needed to be clamped with a 10-100k ohm pulldown resistor.

--- End quote ---

Will try tomorrow.

Grumpy:

--- Quote from: Hakasays on 2022-09-11, 05:51:32 ---Do you have the driver input side biased to ground as well?   I've had gate drivers that needed to be clamped with a 10-100k ohm pulldown resistor.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Hakasays!
This was the issue.  10k at the input to ground and it shuts off when floating.  They could have mentioned this in the datasheet...

Funny thing is that I had a 10k at the input when I tested it and then forgot the 10k at the gate, so I moved it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version