Electrical / Electronic Theory and Learning Center > Learning Center Miscellaneous

Beyond mainstrean science without falling into the nonsense

(1/2) > >>

F6FLT:
I draw your attention to this remarkable site of Peng Kuan, with well illustrated and explained experiments, often challenging the classical theories. Most of his experiments date back to the 2010s but we can still see his activity on Youtube in 2021.

Even if I think that the phenomena of some of his experiments may be artifacts or analysis errors, they are well described and Peng Kuan knows what he is talking about, he is a Dr in physics sciences. See for example his paper "Relativistic length contraction and magnetic force". If the math can seem complicated, go to the conclusion, where he explains why Lenz's law will always apply, because it is simply the coulombic influence between charges.

But the one who explains that Lenz's law is inescapable, also proposes experiments that seem to defy what is commonly accepted, see for example his experiment on the longitudinal magnetic force. Peng Kuan relies on mainstream science to go beyond, his method is much more intelligent than the denial of science and the denigration of scientists that we regularly see in the free energy movement. And since he is competent, his experiments may be really challenging and he also knows how to draw conclusions from his negative experiments.  I think there is something to learn from him.

Hakasays:
I do like that he performs experiments and doesn't just live in the 'math world'. :)  Makes it much more useful IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P33Hgj68G9M

F6FLT:
But his experiment lacks care. It is clear that since the coil is rectangular, when he rotates it in a plane perpendicular to the plane of the cylindrical magnet, there will be some variation in flux through the coil.
A perfectly circular coil with small windings cross-section would be required.
Then he did not visualize the current. With a remotely weakly coupled coil-probe, he could have seen the signal on an oscilloscope. If what he says is true (tangential EMF), the current should be continuous. But I bet it's alternating.
So most of his experiments have to be redone, he made absolutely no attempt to fault them, I think I got excited a little fast.

partzman:

--- Quote from: F6FLT on 2023-02-11, 14:12:43 ---But his experiment lacks care. It is clear that since the coil is rectangular, when he rotates it in a plane perpendicular to the plane of the cylindrical magnet, there will be some variation in flux through the coil.
A perfectly circular coil with small windings cross-section would be required.
Then he did not visualize the current. With a remotely weakly coupled coil-probe, he could have seen the signal on an oscilloscope. If what he says is true (tangential EMF), the current should be continuous. But I bet it's alternating.
So most of his experiments have to be redone, he made absolutely no attempt to fault them, I think I got excited a little fast.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree!  Attached is a pix of a circular coil on a 3D printed bobbin that I used to test Peng's tangential induction theory several years ago.  It produced zero induction under identical test conditions that he used with his rectangular coil.

However, tangential(?) induction is possible in that, when the axis of the coil and the axis of the moving induction source are at right angles.  This topology produces primarily unipolar waveforms.

Regards,
Pm

F6FLT:

--- Quote from: partzman on 2023-02-11, 15:24:01 ---I totally agree!  Attached is a pix of a circular coil on a 3D printed bobbin that I used to test Peng's tangential induction theory several years ago.  It produced zero induction under identical test conditions that he used with his rectangular coil.

However, tangential(?) induction is possible in that, when the axis of the coil and the axis of the moving induction source are at right angles.  This topology produces primarily unipolar waveforms.

Regards,
Pm

--- End quote ---

Well done!  O0

His experiment with "A 1.95 m long solenoid exerting Aharonov-Bohm force on a coil" is also doubtful. You really need a much longer solenoid, or a toroidal coil, to reduce the external magnetic field sufficiently, and check for magnetic leakage.

Also his analysis of the "Continuous rotation of a circular coil experiment" is wrong. He forgot that there is a radial conductor which is subjected to the Lorentz force and it is this conductor which makes the coil rotate.

Sorry for pointing this site too quickly, the more I read the more I find the experiments inconclusive. He has ideas, but the rigor of the implementation is quite insufficient to reach his conclusions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version