PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 16:16:18
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
Author Topic: Parametric Charging  (Read 61714 times)

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: F6
I have confidence in the engineers. They are no different from experimenters as us.

They are very pragmatic and are always looking for ways to get around difficulties. I just think the issue is complex.

You are describing the Ideal Science setting where the ability to conduct research freely without limitation would be the norm.

But, is that really the World of Science which is in power today?

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Hi MuDped,

Yes, I agree with you on this last point. I posted an overview of the technology on the thermoelectric industry forum, and sent complete details to three different manufacturers of thermoelectric generators, including one in which I am an investor, and didn't hear a peep from any one of them. I have no interest other than getting the tech used, and there are no patent restrictions. 

I do understand that they have to make decisions as to what to respond to. But still, not one answer? The technology is actually not at all complex, but it is counterintuitive for someone working within the field. So I must conclude that they can't see past their conceptual blinders. That's one reason why I hang out here-- much more free thinking.

The idea that scientists and engineers are searching for answers without any mental or corporate restraints is pretty naive...

Fred

Orthofield
The idea that scientists and engineers are searching for answers without any mental or corporate restraints is pretty naive..

I had looked at parametric charging in the past and still am to some degree. My plan was to design a small lipo battery charger to power USB devices or trickle charge industrial/commercial batteries.

I chose this plan because it doesn't depend on what people think or believe with respect to science. If it works more people will buy it as word spreads and the company will grow. In my opinion the mistake most people make is trying to convince other people an unbelievable idea has merit. I would rather build a technology and sell it based on how useful it is rather than deal with people. As if to say... here it is, take it or leave it, I don't care what you believe.

It's better to build your own technology company than deal with people preoccupied with opinions and beliefs. Facts matter.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Experimentalist

You are describing the Ideal Science setting where the ability to conduct research freely without limitation would be the norm.

But, is that really the World of Science which is in power today?

I was not talking about science but about engineering, i.e. methods based on science, but practical, to obtain concrete results.
Engineers get concrete results that everyone can reproduce. We don't have any of that in FE. Engineering is never ideal, and FE even less so.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Orthofield
I had looked at parametric charging in the past and still am to some degree. My plan was to design a small lipo battery charger to power USB devices or trickle charge industrial/commercial batteries.

This has been my goal from the outset of my FE research.  Lead acid batteries can benefit from smart trickle charging as I can attest.  I have a '39 Ford street rod with lots of electronics on board that had an Optima red top that would discharge below the LS2 computer limit in 2 weeks if the car was not driven.  With a specially designed hi frequency trickle charger, that battery lasted 14 +years in the car before replacement.  It was still working but I lost confidence in the battery.

Therefore, a self trickle charger that would be able to supply 200-500ma could save people lots on battery replacement.

Or, there could be a supercap LAB replacement with such a self charger, etc.

I chose this plan because it doesn't depend on what people think or believe with respect to science. If it works more people will buy it as word spreads and the company will grow. In my opinion the mistake most people make is trying to convince other people an unbelievable idea has merit. I would rather build a technology and sell it based on how useful it is rather than deal with people. As if to say... here it is, take it or leave it, I don't care what you believe.

It's better to build your own technology company than deal with people preoccupied with opinions and beliefs. Facts matter.

I could not agree with you more!  This is exactly the business plan I've had in mind all along and basically, it is somewhat stealth because most would not recognize what they were purchasing or using.  At this point I've fallen short on producing such a device!

Regards,
Pm

Regards
AC

...In my opinion the mistake most people make is trying to convince other people an unbelievable idea has merit.

I agree with you almost 100%. Almost always, these ideas are completely vague, not expressed in operational terms, the results they would allow to obtain are not quantified, it is impossible to test them even by thought experiments.
But when the ideas are well formalized, expressed in a rigorous, even mathematical way, with a proposal for an experimental demo, it is interesting that those who have them present them, not to convince but to provoke analysis by others, to see possible flaws that they would not have seen, to have suggestions for improvement etc... before experimenting anything. This ties in with what we have talked about elsewhere, the notion of falsifiability. If the idea is falsifiable, it can be discussed. When I read the papers of Smudge or Distinti, I think they are quite right to spread their ideas.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 16:16:18