PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 19:23:48
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Simple, Effective (and early) Design  (Read 28172 times)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
If you're interested in a little "mental therapy", you might try this.

Here's a CES unit I designed quite some time ago. It works great and the battery lasts for about 2 years.
The device alternates the direction of current so as not to polarize the cells. Fashion a couple of ear clips (or buy them), use some conductive gel (for skin applications) and give it a try.

Caution, any sort of entrainment device if used improperly (i.e. too long of use, or too high or too low a pulse rate for too long) can leave one feeling rather lethargic, or super-energized. I would advise reading up on brain waves and on these devices before using one.

Here are a couple places you can get started:

Wikipedia
A Unique Non-drug Therapy
The Effect of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) on Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia - A Clinical Study

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Group: Guest
I just noticed this post on CES.
Any chance the 'super energizing' can be localized to a body part?
Maybe this requires brain cells in the effected area. If so, my wife says there is no hope for me no matter where I apply it.

Aww come on there is always hope.

8)

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
I haven't tried it on "localized" areas. I would expect it to have similar results no matter where the stimulus is applied....still cerebral.

Try a nap then use the device for 20 minutes at between 18 and 20Hz after you wake. Your wife may be inclined to keep you around after all ;)

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Uh Huh... ???

Instead of "pull my finger" it'll be "pull my arbitrary waveform generator switch".... "Oh Please! Pull my arbitrary waveform generator switch!"

When I was about 10 I got caught wiring my brother with a toy train transformer, buzzing relay and a nine-volt battery. He never woke up in a good mood when I did it. Maybe I can see if it works on my wife?

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 19:23:48