PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 21:31:00
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Captainloz Video 9 (showing COP = 2) replication.  (Read 12462 times)

Group: Moderator

The first time I encountered this problem, I destroyed my Mom's decoration...

...and used it to separate the hot bulb from the light sensor.

:)   Of course you first convinced your mom that these things are dangerous because ..........

Thanks guys, i know this is a good way to compare light and heat sources so to get a feeling on the output power involved, especially if modern equipment show an extraordinary value.

But as i did not encounter that yet, then like PM said, no need for this backup system on low COP situations unless thats all you got.

Regards Itsu 

« Last Edit: 2020-10-05, 10:31:00 by Itsu »

Group: Experimentalist

-
« Last Edit: 2020-10-06, 21:25:56 by partzman »

CaptainLoz surfaced again on Chris his forum:

https://www.aboveunity.com/thread/captainloz-s-asymmetrical-re-gauging-experiment/

He writes this among other things:

I've been taking a break on this one. For me this experiment was successful. As you said this principal and effect can be easily produced without a huge investment.  I encourage people to build and experiment. We can't do it for them   

I'm currently working on the Maxim Aliyev device that I purchased from Ukraine awhile ago. Now I have a better understanding I'm taking another look, building the coils from scratch.  I don't have anything great to share yet but hopefully soon!

To me it is unbelievable that someone who is searching for Free energy can sit on a "Nobel prize worthy" device which produces twice the output compared to the input, "takes a break on this one" and goes working on another Free Energy device.

I hope he will return to it soon and/or others will try to replicate, but looking at the responses there not much action going on on that thread.

Itsu

Itsu
To me it is unbelievable that someone who is searching for Free energy can sit on a "Nobel prize worthy" device which produces twice the output compared to the input, "takes a break on this one" and goes working on another Free Energy device.

We could look at the reality of our situation...
1)Over half the corporations want to bury this tech and the other half was to capitalize on it with no risk.
2)Over half the population are already hostile towards renewables and the other half don't want to be effected by renewables or FE.
3)The science community want nothing to do with it because they think it would contradict everything they believe.
4)A perpetual universe full of perpetual motion and energy does not fit well with many peoples "beliefs" if you know what I mean.

So given the circumstances many inventors not obsessed with fame, fortune or beliefs are content to stick to there research for now. Oh you may see some contrivance pop up every now and then but it soon disappears as does the inventor. So if as many imply, everyone welcomes this technology with open arms then why is everyone so hostile towards it and why do all the inventors tend to disappear?.

I would submit that many inventors and researchers not unlike myself see the reality of our situation for what it is based on the facts we know not wishful thinking or speculation. Many see the rise of populism and all this anti-science rhetoric as a threat and have already went underground.

So maybe it's not us, maybe it's everyone else and if everyone actually wanted free energy then obviously we wouldn't even be having this conversation. You have to remember that not so long ago they burned people like us at the stake for what we know to be true and unfortunately not much has changed in my opinion.

Regards
AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Hi AC,   

nice summing up of what might be the reason, but in my mind somewhat far fetched.

I realy think it simply boils down to the notion that CaptainLoz in his mind knows there is something wrong, but closes his eyes for it for now.

Maybe because on the forum he is on now there is some "loyalty" needed toward the host or he wants to be remembered for now for what he showed them, i don't know.

The proposed simple tests using some light bulbs to compare with real DC could give a quick answer, but that is not even given any thoughts.

The fact that none overthere is trying a replication makes me conclude that not many are convinced of this being a real COP > 2 device.

Itsu

CaptainLoz used an isolated MOSFET driver to drive his device.

This isolated MOSFET driver circuit was described in a separate thread called:  "Reliable and Flexible Switching System"    which can be found here:
https://www.aboveunity.com/thread/reliable-and-flexible-switching-system/

There was a PCB created and was shortly available on Ebay, but due to costs and/or reliability (delivery) problems it was withdrawn from Ebay.

But Chris has graciously decided to post the zip file of the gerber and drill files, so the V.3.0 design is now freely available in the Public Domain, see above thread.

I have ordered some PCB's from his recommended PCB manufacturer and promptly received them, looking very good.

Its a 4-channel circuit from which i will build 2 channels for now.

It consists of an isolated frontend (isolator IL610) and DC2DC converter/booster (RK-0515s) to isolate the 5V into 15V.

There is a MOSFET driver (MCP1403) to drive a MOSFET.

I will do some tests to see how it performs, but there are already good reviews.

Itsu
« Last Edit: 2020-11-07, 10:37:57 by Itsu »

I build up 2 channels on the PCB, call them Channel 1 and Channel 4

Channel 1 is build according to the list on the thread, see above.
Channel 4 i modified to increase stability etc. allthough difference seems minimum.

Upper frequency using a resistive load seems around 1MHz.

When using inductive loads it will increase the overshoot at MOSFET turn off time possible
damaging it, so snubbers should be added to protect the MOSFET.
I believe in the original design (quadratron) there was a snubber config (R7 and C8) in
combination with the D4.

So all in all a nice design and certainly an asset on the bench.

But this design will not overcome the spikes inherent to using inductive loads as no snubber
exist, so care must be taken to not damage the used MOSFET and/or the scope as
spikes of several hundreds of volts are easily obtained.

Also the isolated frontend will be compromised when using a grounded FG at the input and
using a grounded scope on the backend / dut during the measurement fase.

Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HCUil5Rcc&feature=youtu.be

My mods on Channel 4 done are:

# C3 was changed from 100nF ceramic as decoupling to 47uF tantalum as buffer.
  The 100nF decoupling was moved directly on the MCP1403 chip pins 3 and 6 (+ / -).
# D1 schottky 1n5819 was changed to faster schottky bat 46 (faster MOSFET turn off).
# R3 was changed from 1 Ohm to 0 Ohm (faster MOSFET turn off)
# R4 was changed from 10 ohm to 4.7 Ohm (faster MOSFET turn on).
# D4 was changed from 1N5804 to MUR460 (lesser overshoot during MOSFET turn off).
# additional; better decoupling (100nF ceramic) of the 7805's input/output might be needed.

Itsu

Using the same setup as above (100KHz / 20% duty cycle), i now connected instead of the
automotive bulb the CaptainLoz primary coil (18uH) on channel 1.

It shows that with only 13V on the drain, we see 200V spikes during turnoff time on the MOSFET.
As my MOSFET (IRFP260N) is limited to 200V drain voltage, it is the upper limit.

So always with coils, one should be aware of this and protect your MOSFET and/or scope by implementing
snubbers when exceeding the MOSFET/scope limits.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkD-cWCYsV0&feature=youtu.be

Itsu

With the CaptainLoz replication setup connected, i made some input / output measurements using this new switching pcb.

Resonance was found around 740Khz (34% duty cycle) and using 2 scopes for input and output measurements.

Input was measured using voltage across the L1 primary coil and the current through this L1 coil using the current probe and it turns out to be 11W see screenshot 1

Output was measured using the 1 Ohm csr in series with the 12V / 5W bulb for current and the voltage across the 12V / 5W bulb which turns out to be 4.7W, see screenshot 2.

So again COP found is around 0.5.

Video here:   https://youtu.be/FiqxiDCgh9Y

I will leave it at this as no further action is to be expected.

I do now have a nice switching device added to my toolsset so i want to thank Chris for that.

Regards Itsu

In the above tests i did not use 60V on the drain as the resulting inductive spikes will exceed the limit of the used MOSFET (200V type) and the scope as we are dealing with hundreds of volts.

I know CaptainLoz did, see his post in the CaptainLoz thread here:  where he mentioned:

https://www.aboveunity.com/thread/captainloz-s-asymmetrical-re-gauging-experiment/

Captainloz posted this 26 August 2020

Hi Guys,

I was playing around last night by upping the voltage to 65 volts and I've done some damage.
I've blown out my mosfet(s) and it looks like diodes as well.

Using a 0.1 Ohm csr instead of 1 Ohm in the output does not change much, so that is not what is making the difference, at least not in my setup.

Video using a 0.1 Ohm output csr here: https://youtu.be/mwPgD77hJCY

Regards Itsu 

Wrong waveform? I think not if one compares it to his latest video (COP > 2 / Asymmetrical Regauging 9), see screenshot 1 below.

# i am replicating the captain his latest (COP > 2) setup (Asymmetrical Regauging 9), meaning he removed the L2 diode and replaced it for a (variable) capacitor.
# my output circuit IS 2 separated circuits, on a single board, but separated.
# I think my output waveform is in the ballpark of the captain in his latest video
  = His and my light blue trace is voltage across the bulb.
  = His and my yellow trace is the voltage across the csr, in my case 1 Ohm, in his case 0.1 Ohm causing some difference in fuzzyness, but overall similar.

Anyway, i think i have closely matched the Captain his setup and think i have matched his shown output signals, so i must be close to what he has accomplished.

I did tune somewhat OFF resonance yesterday and the COP increased somewhat (0.75), so perhaps that is needed (Actions and Reactions between your two Output Coils) to get better results, so will do some further study and testing.

Simple BOM (Bill Of Material) and PCB component layout of the "Reliable and Flexible Switching System" attached below.
Based on my build which was based on the info in the "Reliable and Flexible Switching System" thread.

Itsu
« Last Edit: 2020-11-09, 20:00:05 by Itsu »

Guys, 

In my opinion, CaptainLoz REMOVED the diode in his L2 circuit and REPLACED it with a (variable) capacitor and got the COP = 2 in his latest video "Asymmetrical regauging 9" presented here:
https://www.aboveunity.com/thread/captainloz-s-asymmetrical-re-gauging-experiment/?order=all#comment-28597a9a-a68c-49e5-b40a-ac3b0065360a

See that post and his video at the 2:13 mark.

Since i am replication THAT setup, so without the diode and with the cap, WHY do you guys keep on insisting that i miss the diode and that that the reason is that i not have any sign of Linear Slope (Sawtooth Waveform ) etc.

I will be happy to add the diode, but then i will deviate from CaptainLoz his setup which produced the COP=2.

Please agree that the diode in CaptainLoz his setup is replaced by the cap, or tell me i have that wrong, thanks.

Itsu

However once I put the air cap in place of the one of the diode it was an improvement.
Itsu, yes I did remove the diode on L2 in Video 9 (The diode on the load side supporting the lights).

https://www.aboveunity.com/thread/captainloz-s-asymmetrical-re-gauging-experiment/?order=all#comment-580af5b7-963d-4cdc-afee-ac71016ec116

Thanks Captain, i appreciate that  O0

So your (and my) circuit which produced the COP = 2 in your "asymmetrical regauging 9" video looked like the below picture, no diode and in place of it the (variable) cap.

Looking at the making of your coils (earlier video), i would agree with your coil convention dots for L2 and L3, not sure about L1.

Will do some further tests now i know my circuit is similar as your winning circuit.

Thanks,   Regards Itsu

Thanks for the invite, i was tempted, but no thanks, i prefer to be without any strings attached, not here, not there.
Apologies are not needed, i know how it goes, you are a man with a mission.

I know there are many competent guys overthere, so they might do a replication, afterall, COP=2 is the holy grail we are all looking for.

In the mean time i will be working on my replication when time permits and share any results with Loz and/or here, good or bad.

Up till now no new results to report, even when going back to the basics, meaning 2 diodes and hunting for the sawtooth waveform etc. (only seen on L3).

Regards Itsu 

I will be shelving this replication for the time being as i exausted all possible leads without showing anything hopefull.

CaptainLoz has graciously agreed to help me to obtain COP=2 with my replication when he finished working on some projects he presently is working on.

Untill then i will be doing the same and work on some other projects.

Regards Itsu

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 21:31:00