PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 20:00:02
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Archival thread---for now: Diodes as ambient free energy collecting devices...  (Read 10043 times)
Group: Guest
Temporary Announcement:
Because my daily and monthly schedule(s) are becoming hectic, I may not post to these threads for an indefinite period of time.  I can occasionally take time on some borrowed computers to post Replies here and elsewhere. I do have an active thread that I started on OU.com that requires a lot less time than the preparation this Forum does.  However, I realize that that site isn't this site, obviously.
    I can take less time and spend no money to do my usual research with other electronic engineering subjects.

Here's the precise 'Web address for the reference:

http://schulers.com/jpss/estudos/diodes/

This is an inactive archive for now; I'll try and get to experimenting (concerning its own complete set of test results) with it later, since buying a couple dozen diodes and spares to replace fried and blown units would be costly at first.  I just didn't want to lose track of this information.

When I change the thread title to say it's something of an active thread, then you might look at it more often.  After that date, you Members might add more references on the same subject if you find them.   As an informative archive.

Comments can go to the "Announcements..." thread for now.  I'll entertain them there.  If there's a lot of interest, I might unlock this thread, but I'm not going to add specialized information yet.

Enjoy, thanks for looking and I'll be around,

--Lee

It's being locked and made "sticky" for now.

Reedit: 19 Aug '11:  Decided to "un"lock this thread along with the new Plasma Globe archival thread, so that Members could reply if they like.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-31, 01:57:47 by the_big_m_in_ok »

Here's the precise 'Web address for the reference:

http://schulers.com/jpss/estudos/diodes/

Comments can go to the "Announcements..." thread for now.  I'll entertain them there.  If there's a lot of interest, I might unlock this thread, but I'm not going to add specialized information yet.

Enjoy, thanks for looking and I'll be around,

--Lee

Reedit: 19 Aug '11:  Decided to "un"lock this thread along with the new Plasma Globe archival thread, so that Members could reply if they like.

I came across this info and did want to post this as archival material.   This can be an application of Stiffler's SEC proposed theory.

http://pesn.com/2010/06/25/9501663_Stifflers_Spatial_Energy_Coherence_SEC_Exciter_Hydrogen_Production_via_Diodes/

--Lee

Don't be fooled by Stiffler's seemingly advanced electronic knowledge and his apparent skills in the art, he was truly out of is depth with this. I'm afraid that Stiffler really messed up here - on mulltiple levels - and he was not open to discussion about what really is occurring, and why - unless, that is, it involved his 'spatial coherence'. 

In a nutshell, Stiffler has this all wrong, but he was never prepared to get off his high-horse and acknowledge his short-comings. Needless to say, diodes are not collecting ambient Free Energy as he suggests, and all can be easily explained by known science.

...In a nutshell, Stiffler has this all wrong, but he was never prepared to get off his high-horse and acknowledge his short-comings. Needless to say, diodes are not collecting ambient Free Energy as he suggests, and all can be easily explained by known science.
Okay, that may be, since I have little experience in his or your endeavors.   However, can you point me in the direction of where to find and research such proof or lack of proof, as either of you say?   Research papers from independent researchers?   I imagine your original paper, with findings, was read by some of your peers?   What was their reaction and did they explain why?

I'd be interested to know, since BEMF/CEMF is a strong point of focus in my own research efforts.

--Lee

Well, Farrah, in view of your lack of response to my request for further information on your assertion that Dr. Stiffler's claims have no merit, I respond myself with this:

www.aip.org.au/wagga2006/TP19_Shrestha.pdf

I can do more informal research on this subject when I have more time, but, you can see a paper was written to counter-assert(?) that diodes can absorb some energy from the environment.

I admit I need more time to review this, since time's running out on this library computer.   Further information can be forthcoming from me if I find it.   You yourself can always comment, if you like.

Reedit:
Okay, I've looked at the paper closer.   I realize they weren't using 1N4007's or anything similar.   These were made specifically be the researchers.   I admit I don't know how they would differ from diodes used by electronics experimenters/researchers like us.

--Lee

I was unaware of your last reply Lee, that's the only reason I did not respond.

I don't know what you have since found out about this, but I did state my views on EF under Stifflers thread: High Voltage from Thin Air, page 61:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/3934-high-voltage-thin-air-61.html

This was long ago, just before Aaron banned me from EF.

Anyway, the jist of it is that Stiffler was radiating water with electromagnetic energy produced by a SEC - a test tube of water with a small signal diode fully submerged. Stiffler was convinced that this was unknown science that was yet to be explained, and that something extraordinary was occurring because only hydrogen was seen to be evolving from one leg of the diode. ???

I offered an explanation to what was happening and it did not go down too well.

Of course you have to ask yourself how can you split the water molecule and be left only with hydrogen - of course you can't, but Stiffler refused point blank to discuss the point.

All that in fact is happening is that the small signal diode is simply rectifying the EMR which then provides a tiny voltage drop across itself. This is enough to initiate standard Faraday electrolysis, hydrogen evolves at one leg of the diode, while oxygen evolves at the other… but the oxygen immediately reacts with the tin plating on the one diode leg, turns to SnO and slowly precipitates to the bottom of the test tube. Hence no oxygen is seen to be evolving as a gas, but it is still being produced. Faraday’s Laws of Electrolysis in action.

I did quite a lot of experimenting with this and found out that I could achieve the same or better results than Stiffler with his SECs, with a Joule Thief or a car ignition coil generating EMR (at various frequencies). 

I also realised that the diode body itself does not need to be submerged; just the legs are all that is required to be in the water.  I also used LEDs instead of small signal diodes to great effect.

I’ll see if I can dig out my diagrams of my experiments and upload them.

As far as feedback from my peers, well... good luck with that. As it was everyone sided with the great professor and my version of events was totally ignored.

Some of my experiments with wireless electrolysis:

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: Farrah Day
I offered an explanation to what was happening and it did not go down too well.

As far as feedback from my peers, well... good luck with that. As it was everyone sided with the great professor and my version of events was totally ignored.

Your explanation was absolutely correct.

The reaction you received is, predictably, the
modus operandi of the cult mentality.

Truth is sacrificed at the Altar/Alter of the Great
Guru.

(The Great Guru is undoubtedly an "alter.")

Truth -Speakers will be BANNED!
« Last Edit: 2012-02-25, 20:27:55 by Dumped »

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

I was unaware of your last reply Lee, that's the only reason I did not respond.
I had to remember to check the "notify me" of responses and "return to this thread" boxes, myself.
I don't know what you have since found out about this, but I did state my views on EF under Stifflers thread: High Voltage from Thin Air, page 61:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/3934-high-voltage-thin-air-61.html

This was long ago, just before Aaron banned me from EF.
Your posted Reply describing the chemical reaction was #1812.
       Now I see what you mean.   Since the leads are 'tinned' with Sn, the reaction should eventually end when the tin is entirely consumed.   Because I now do no physical experimentation, I can't be sure.   Seems like a reasonable course of events to me, though.   Unless the whole diode leg is made of tin as an alloy, the alloy should stop reacting, or else the diode would collapse under it's own weight, being non-supported by a severely weakened leg.   Since Stiffler refused to speak to you, there's no way to know whether he realized he had to eat his words and retract his claim(s).
I did quite a lot of experimenting with this and found out that I could achieve the same or better results than Stiffler with his SECs, with a Joule Thief or a car ignition coil generating EMR (at various frequencies).  

I also realised that the diode body itself does not need to be submerged; just the legs are all that is required to be in the water.  I also used LEDs instead of small signal diodes to great effect.

I’ll see if I can dig out my diagrams of my experiments and upload them.
When I get paid next month, I'll download copies and look at them carefully.   This is an old computer that doesn't reproduce your drawings well.
Well, I've gotten that all my life.   Asperger's syndrome sufferers like myself aren't often taken seriously, from my own personal experience.   High functioning sufferers can be quite intelligent, however.
       (I'm not implying you have the condition.   I'm referring only to myself and my experience.)

--Lee

Lee, the tin on the diode lead oxidises first, but the underlying metal is also reactive, so yes the diode lead evolving the oxygen eventually gets completely eaten away.

Stiffler's answer to this was to get specially made diodes with inert leads, I think he spoke of carbon.  The reality however, is that none of that is at all necessary, and would in fact be a ridiculous waste of time and money.

All that needs to be done is to attach stainless steel wire to the existing leads and just have the ss leads submerged in the water. You then get both oxygen and hydrogen evolving as gas, and the diode itself remains intact.

Lee, the tin on the diode lead oxidises first, but the underlying metal is also reactive, so yes the diode lead evolving the oxygen eventually gets completely eaten away.
All that needs to be done is to attach stainless steel wire to the existing leads and just have the ss leads submerged in the water. You then get both oxygen and hydrogen evolving as gas, and the diode itself remains intact.
Exactly, that would follow.   Manufacturers wouldn't necessarily use more expensive stainless steel if they didn't need to.
Stiffler's answer to this was to get specially made diodes with inert leads, I think he spoke of carbon.  The reality however, is that none of that is at all necessary, and would in fact be a ridiculous waste of time and money.
He did that?   I've known of a few professionally prejudiced individuals in my time.   The industrial companies they ran, and for whom I worked, always went out of business.   Stiffler will probably suffer the same quality of fate, especially with his personal reputation when word gets around.

--Lee

He did that?   I've known of a few professionally prejudiced individuals in my time.   The industrial companies they ran, and for whom I worked, always went out of business.   Stiffler will probably suffer the same quality of fate, especially with his personal reputation when word gets around.

That is what he spoke of doing, but I very much doubt he did that in the end. Even given his blinkered attitude and stubborness, I assume he will have seen some sense and back-tracked a little on this. Very strange bloke, Stiffler, I'd say a little eccentric.

He certainly went off half-cocked with this as he had made a video and was trying to get it to go viral so the MIB could not pull the plug on this new science phenomenon.  So you can imagine that he wasn't too happy when someone like me pipes up and starts to explain his 'unknown science' away!

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 20:00:02