PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 17:48:37
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Lakhovsky MWO prototype; with uploaded schematics and tests, as time permits...  (Read 56633 times)
Group: Guest
Temporary Announcement:
Past quote:
"As MileHigh, our resident Genius, has pointed out in his infinite wisdom, my experience in high voltage electronics is limited.   I really haven't had the money or freedom to engage in the work I really want to do.   That time is coming."
      I don't know where MileHigh is now, but I will actually have the time and the imperative necessity to begin work on this subject.   The money still isn't here yet, but my personal skin cancer motivates me to act.   It's something I more than merely 'need to do'---it's life-and-death, now.

Continuing with the rest of thread:
Hey guys, I'm winding the coils for a Lakhovsky radiator coil system using line voltage as a starting point.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter208/mwoDiagram.gif&imgrefurl=http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter208/index.htm&usg=__ZTSFvmfTzsrQU3lGpsCN4rGgDng=&h=588&w=208&sz=121&hl=en&start=12&zoom=1&tbnid=x8y3cKB8EELBgM:&tbnh=165&tbnw=58&ei=3o7hTaD-OpO6sQOWp5j8Bg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlakhovsky%2Bcoil%2Boperation%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D995%26bih%3D586%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=219&page=2&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:12&tx=21&ty=132

Alright, then, about halfway down this Internet page is the most common wiring diagram I can find for what I'm trying to do.  I'll leave out the vacuum tube and just go with 2 or 3 sets of hand-wound, step-up transformers in series.  The final coil will have 24ga. copper wire about 1/2" between each turn.  High voltage transformers will be wound on glass soda bottles with electrician's tape to keep the coil turns in place.  30,000 VAC is about the maximum I can safely manage with a 4 watt night light current limiter paralleled on the input.

Time is up on this library computer.  Questions?  Recommendations?  Comments?    Will return after the Memorial Day weekend.

p.s.
Clicking on the 'Web address does actually render a diagram of the circuit on this computer.  In the drawing, the vacuum tube (1B3)functions as a diode to supply '+' voltage to the spark plug.  It can be replaced by a doide or string of diodes.

Another, (admittedly) COMMERCIAL! Internet brochure for Tesla and the MWO:
http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter425/index.htm

Also, I'm thinking of using a toroid setup on the line voltage input or else the immediate output stage between transformers to see if this makes any difference in perceived effect(s).

--Lee

Reedit, 17 Jun 11:  Adding to thread title and to descriptive text for vacuum tube/diode.
Reedit, 20 Jun '11:  Rearranging text, deleting past personal announce concerning the Memorial Day weekend and adding a reference 'Web site address.
Reedit, 30 Aug '11: Added "Temporary Announcement" to top of post.
Reedit, 28 Oct '11:  Reworded the opening announcement.
Reedit, 23 May 13:  Reworded the opening announcement.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-30, 19:41:44 by the_big_m_in_ok »

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Before any of this magic you need to read the book 'The body electric' chapter 'Maxwell's silver hammer' to learn or review what the window frequencies do to the chromosomes, liver, areas of the brain. Getting severe headaches, diarrhea, and dizziness are from the wrong frequency bursts.

---------------------------

Note:
As with a few other threads, I have no freedom, money or time to pursue experimentation with, this thread will be sticky to the top of the page until I do have the wherewithal to devote attention to it.

Before any of this magic you need to read the book 'The body electric' chapter 'Maxwell's silver hammer' to learn or review what the window frequencies do to the chromosomes, liver, areas of the brain. ...
Yes, if you GOOGLize...
"EMF harmful effects 50 60 HZ"
...there should be some commercial reference(s) to therapeutic means of preventing damage to the body from: cell phones, handheld electric razors, CRT monitor tubes, various home appliances, etc.
It's not just my efforts alone that are potentially harmful.  Sensitive people might be affected as well.  American 60 HZ wall power doesn't seem to affect me; I've lived around it all my life, and I'm fine.
...Getting severe headaches, diarrhea, and dizziness are from the wrong frequency bursts.
Possibly so, however, Nicola Tesla lived to be an old man while experimenting with his high frequency coils.  The Lakhovsky radiating coil is said to be just as beneficial for similar reasons, since the output frequencies vary from 1 Hz to 3 trillion Hz; and everything in between.

I've never heard of the Lakhovsky coil being bad unless too much current and too much time exposed become a problem?  I think such issues would vary from individual to individual.  Thusly:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8310.0 ; quoted by Tito L. Oracion
"Re: After Some 35 Years Of Research I Have Discovered A Cure For HIV/AIDS!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »
    * Reply with quoteQuote

hi everybody gooday !  ;D

a very high voltage with a high frequency could kill a virus and maybe this is the secret of tesla why he got long life  ;D"

But, I might still look into this, since I'm curious.

--Lee

Reedit, 16 Jun '11:  Added reference post from OU.com, referring to Tesla's long life.
Reedit, 20 Jun '11:  Added Tito L. Oracion's name to the OU.com reference.
Reedit, 26 Aug '11:  Moved this thread to "sticky" at the top of page.  This'll be an archive subject until I have more freedom, time and money to devote to it.  It's still unlocked, so Members can still comment if they wish.  Their decision.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-27, 20:14:57 by the_big_m_in_ok »

Lee said:
Hey guys, I'm winding the coils for a Lakhovsky radiator coil system using line voltage as a starting point.
Toward that end, I had the thought of taking a removable, high-current heating element from a stove(in the shape of a spiral, obviously), and inputting 2400 VAC from a set of power transformers turned backwards from the wall current of 120 VAC and using 1/2 of the 12 VAC center tap.   I believe the coil will act like a helical receiving antenna as it output radiates the inputted 2400 V.   Also, as a safety measure, at least one high value and/or large current limiting resistor or other load-bearing means should be paralleled across the input.

The question I ask myself is:   What about EMI, which is what the Lakhovsky coil is actually supposed to do- - -radiate radio waves?   How bad will the EMI be with something like a helical coil? A spiral coil?

Note:
If the stove heating element doesn't work, a similarly shaped coil of co-ax cable should do the trick.   Unshielded, that is.   As is, a co-ax coil should obviously be smaller and consume less power; therefore being safer than a stove heating element.

--Lee

Later Reedit:
http://www.epcos.com/web/generator/Web/Sections/Components/Page,locale=en,r=263282,a=849276.html
This is a European manufacturer of EMI components, so that by implication, EMI interference is severe enough warrant attenuation with passive components.  However, there are fairly large numbers of patented induction power supplies that cater to stove-top induction cooking which don't get into such detailed EMI suppression schemes.

Here's an excellent example:
Patent #6,992,406
"Induction Heating or Melting Power Supply Utilizing a Tuning Capacitor"
http://www.google.com/patents?id=qcN3AAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=patent:6992406&hl=en&ei=69mlTrzyKoTkiALa7JyYDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAA

Hmmmm.......
And there this...
http://www.google.com/patents?id=AIAKAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

And this:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=cOY2AAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4#v=onepage&q&f=false
« Last Edit: 2011-10-24, 23:27:12 by the_big_m_in_ok »

Lee said:
Toward that end, I had the thought of taking a removable, high-current heating element from a stove(in the shape of a spiral, obviously), and inputting 2400 VAC from a set of power transformers turned backwards from the wall current of 120 VAC and using 1/2 of the 12 VAC center tap.   I believe the coil will act like a helical receiving antenna as it output radiates the inputted 2400 V.   Also, as a safety measure, at least one high value and/or large current limiting resistor or other load-bearing means should be paralleled across the input.

The question I ask myself is:   What about EMI, which is what the Lakhovsky coil is actually supposed to do- - -radiate radio waves?   How bad will the EMI be with something like a helical coil? A spiral coil?

Note:
If the stove heating element doesn't work, a similarly shaped coil of co-ax cable should do the trick.   Unshielded, that is.   As is, a co-ax coil should obviously be smaller and consume less power; therefore being safer than a stove heating element.

Lee, I am pretty sure that you are just a beginner in electronics.  When I first read your posting I almost wanted to scream.  One of these days one of you guys or girls is going to get yourself killed doing one of these kinds of nonsensical experiments.  Sorry I am not going to be politically correct here, you are talking about potentially generating lethal voltages.

Something to make you think:
http://pesn.com/2011/08/11/9501892_Alternative-Fuel_Business_Explosion_in_Sylma-LA/
http://pesn.com/2010/06/18/9501662_water-fuel-research_Explosion_kills_inventor/

There is no sabotage, these people are simply deluded. It as all self inflicted. Realm Industries started off with the claim of being able to produce hydrogen gas through a process that required less energy than could be extracted from the resulting gas. Allegedly by a factor of 3 to 4. I know this because I attended a demonstration of the technology at the Simi Valley factory in 2006. The demo was given by Timothy Larson, the guy who now lost 2 limbs. I also interviewed Bill, the inventor at the time. He claimed that he had worked with Prof Yule Brown in the past and that he implemented some of Browns secrets in his technology. I have seen the machine they used to make the gas. After that, myself and an associate stayed in touch with them for a while because we where interested in the technology. But the Realm people shifted their focus from on-board generation to storage of the gas. They claimed that they had discovered a process which rendered the watergas inert and inflammable after storage and compression. The claim was that the gas undergoes molecular changes which turns the mixture into a new kind of fuel which is not just hydrogen and oxygen. They called it waterfuel. This can be looked up in their patent. The patent only talks about a means of storage but not about production with less energy. I did not buy any of that crap and subsequently stayed away from them. My associate was scheduled to have a meeting with Realm on the day of the 2008 explosion. Luckily he had cancelled it. 
The assessment of the guest is spot on. Answer #2 (Bunch of bumbling boobs) is correct. There is no conspiracy or sabotage here.

I know, it is kind of hard to believe that these guys compressed hydroxy gas, but that is precisely what they where doing. I was at their place in Simi Valley in 2006 and met all those people personally, including the ones which are now dead or maimed. We ran a small engine on the gas while we were there and had a small explosion then already. The mixture went off in the air intake without any ignition source whatsoever. It scared the shit out of everyone present, but obviously not enough for the Larson's to stop this folly then and there. At the time they had just started experimenting with compressing the gas hydraulically. The last 2 accidents happened while the gas was transferred from one bottle to another, although the fire department was told a different story. Something about a steam explosion comes to mind . Since the bottles are resin coated carbon fiber, the gas probable ignited though an electrostatic spark caused by the fast flowing gas. After my visit, the Larson's did not like me very much anymore. Apparently I was asking the wrong questions. The company had substantial amounts of money provided by some very well known investors. This is what they lived on.

If you connect a reversed transformer setup generating 2400 VAC that means you are trying to pump 100 times the normal amount of power through the stove heating element.  It's ridiculous.  The breaker in the power panel will trip right away.  If you pretend that there is no breaker, then it depends on the size of the transformer.  If it's a small transformer, the transformer will burn up in short order.  If it's a large transformer, then the element would burn up in short order.

What you are doing by connecting 10 times the normal voltage to a stove element is basically creating what looks almost like a short circuit relative to the mains power.  Whatever you did, you would hear a large humming sound for a short time and then your breaker would trip.  The loud humming sound would be your transformer(s) straining under the demand to pass way more power than they were designed to transfer.

You obviously were not capable of doing this thought experiment in your head and you could not envision the consequences of your actions.  I doubt that you even thought about the size of the transformer.  These things are a clear warning alarm for you to STAY AWAY from this kind of experimentation.  Sorry to be so harsh but your life is the most precious thing of all.  Don't get yourself killed like one of those "HHO" fools.

MileHigh

Lee,
These things are a clear warning alarm for you to STAY AWAY from this kind of experimentation. 

It's not so bad to do it. The humanity could be grateful. "The Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it." http://www.darwinawards.com/
 ^-^

With respect to posted Reply #4,

I don't have a lot of time to make lengthy descriptions, but I will say quickly:  I 'slept on it' and decided to deliberately use a length of obviously high voltage co-ax cable that can handle high voltage instead of anything else.   Nevertheless, I do realize that whatever I use as a radiator coil won't have a great deal of internal resistance.  For that reason, I did also say I'm putting an AC current limiter in parallel with the power input.   I might also add a very large wattage, high value resistor (2ea.) in series with both sides of the AC input to limit current further.

I'm looking for particular signal qualities, rather than a lot of power at the output.   That's why I look at patents beforehand.   The inventor(s) already did the work beforehand.   I try and learn from their experience.

People who don't do that can certainly!! end up dead.   I have a job coming up in which I'll have more time to experiment and also the attention of someone with practical experience in high voltage electronics.

Is that okay with you MileHigh?   
MileHigh said:
"You obviously were not capable of doing this thought experiment in your head and you could not envision the consequences of your actions.  I doubt that you even thought about the size of the transformer."

I will accept your constructive criticism, but your insinuation that I have little or no electronic experience is incorrect.   I've done R&D electronics in the past before I became a disabled Vet.  I admit it was low voltage, but I did it nonetheless.

Time is up on this computer.

--Lee

It's not so bad to do it. The humanity could be grateful. "The Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it." http://www.darwinawards.com/
 ^-^
Thanks for the snide comment.   C.C     It'll serve to remind me not to do that to anyone else unless they do it to me first.  :P  Especially on my own Bench forum.    >:(

I think, as a rather sarcastic response, I'll leave this post and your original post for Peterae and the other Members to see as an object lesson.    ;D    It don't do these things to other people because I've had them done to me by others and I let, say, "karma" bring it all back to them.    O0

I can't be much more pointed than that.

--Lee

Group: Tinkerer

... I did also say I'm putting an AC current limiter in parallel with the power input.   I might also add a very large wattage, high value resistor (2ea.) in series with both sides of the AC input to limit current further.

--Lee

Please elaborate on the AC Current Limiter which is
parallel connected with the power input.  This sounds
like a shunt.

How would it be able to limit input current?

The series resistors which you "might also add" would
be very effective at limiting current, but it is difficult to
see how anything parallel connected would.

More explanation is necessary.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Please elaborate on the AC Current Limiter which is
parallel connected with the power input.  This sounds
like a shunt.

How would it be able to limit input current?

The series resistors which you "might also add" would
be very effective at limiting current, but it is difficult to
see how anything parallel connected would.

More explanation is necessary.
Okay, you ask several questions, and I have an appointment shortly, so I'll try and say this:  
I'll be using 'hot' and 'neutral' from the wall and my large resistors will be in series, one on each side, with these.   I was thinking in terms of (conservatively), up to half a mega-ohm and 100 or more watts on each side.   I'm using at least 10 transformers in series so the voltage across each coil is low enough not to stress the winding turns.   And the collective resistance is high enough to offer a sizable electrical impedance to the coils, so as not to cook the turns.

Got to go.

--Lee

Lee:

Thank you for the service that you did for your country.

As Dumped is alluding to, your limiting circuits don't make sense.  An "AC current limiter" doesn't make sense.  "I might also add a very large wattage, high value resistor (2ea.) in series with both sides of the AC input to limit current further" doesn't really make sense.

If an average heating element for an oven is 2.5 kilowatts, then you were talking about theoretically pumping 25 kilowatts of power through the heating element, which is crazy.

You are looking at a scenario of deciding what "blows up" first, the transformer, the "power limiter" or the heating element.

"I'm looking for particular signal qualities, rather than a lot of power at the output."

What qualities?  With what?  A scope?  An RF meter?   Your excitation is 60 Hz, so nothing at all will be radiated.

You may have had some experience with electronics and I haven't really paid much attention to your technical discussions.  But just like a professional musician can tell when someone really doesn't know how to play when they sound like they can play to an untrained ear, I can sometimes read less than 10 sentences from someone and know that they don't know much about electronics with a high degree of confidence.

"I believe the coil will act like a helical receiving antenna as it output radiates the inputted 2400 V" is borderline nonsense talk and you should restrict yourself to playing with a regular bench power supply and a scope and a breadboard.  Have fun and play safe but don't pretend that you are going to be a microwave engineer with a 60 Hz signal running through an oven element.

I know my postings have some "shock" value but you better off being shocked by me than shocked and killed by a backwards-connected 12-volt transformer.  This warning is generic because I know there are a lot of yahoos out there playing with things like neon sign transformers.  Let's get really real for a second:  Most people that play with neon sign transformers haven't a clue what they are doing.  They set up a spark gap and light a bunch of CFLs or whatever.  It's nothing more than "electronics sandbox play" and the analogy to that is giving a bunch of three-year-olds in a real sandbox switchblades to play with along with their shovels.

Have fun and get up the learning curve but don't make the mistake of thinking that you can just play with 2400 VAC.  You don't have a single legitimate reason to do that as far as I can see.

MileHigh

On that "HHO" topic I linked to:

Think about this:  If you electrolyze water the safest way to so that is with DC current.  That way you can collect your hydrogen gas and your oxygen gas separately and store them.  Then you can combine them later for combustion and the return back to water.

Note that separately stored compressed hydrogen gas and compressed oxygen gas in cylinders are still dangerous and need to be treated with respect.

Then you have the "HHO" morons that were trying to compress 2H2 + O2 gas into a gas storage cylinder.  That is a totally insane thing to do.  That is basically creating something like a nitroglycerine bomb, just itching to explode the instant the hydrogen reacts with the oxygen, for whatever reason.

How can you work in the "HHO" field for years, and want to do something as totally insane as that?  It's unbelievable and they paid with a life and torn off limbs for their stupidity.

MileHigh

Have fun and get up the learning curve but don't make the mistake of thinking that you can just play with 2400 VAC.  You don't have a single legitimate reason to do that as far as I can see.
Thanks for the invite and warning.   It got me thinking---and I lower myself to admit it---there are lower voltage alternatives to what I'm researching.  (I may start a thread on the subject to archive and chronicle my efforts in the likes of thought experiments.)
To wit:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=cOY2AAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=patent:4197851&hl=en&ei=_EKoTrz0KovMiQKRyK2PDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA
(This requires 50 volts or less, but it does require an wide spectrum oscillator.  There are a noticeably large number of patents involving what amounts to successors of the work of Royal Rife.   Probably because there's money to be made in the field of medical curative and diagnostic therapy.   If the devices are as useless as the AMA maintains they are, how can one obtain a patent for a useless device?)

Uh, MH, you Genius, you:  I've decided to focus on this lower voltage approach rather than an---admittedly---riskier higher voltage route.   And I have you to thank for it.   Oh, does this sound like sarcasm?   Hey, it might just be that!   At least I'm not writing profanity.

Now, I'm not going to get into describing what I thought of the rest of your post.   It tends to piss me off every time I read it.   I muse?   Maybe it's because you act like a troll crossed with a schmuck on the dimensional scale of Godzilla and Gargantua combined?   You were banned once before and now I see why.

I pondering sending a PM to Peterae and gain his advice on what to do about hecklers like you.   Unless Peterae reads this himself?

--Lee

Group: Tinkerer

Thanks for the invite and warning.   It got me thinking---and I lower myself to admit it---there are lower voltage alternatives to what I'm researching.  (I may start a thread on the subject to archive and chronicle my efforts in the likes of thought experiments.)

[Modified to show Hyperlink]

To wit:
Link

--Lee

Often page link URLs can be very long.

To enable the clickable link without showing
all of the very long URL use the Hyperlink
function.  It's the button which looks like a
globe just to the right of the Adobe PDF button
in the Post Reply window.

It's not automatic and requires just a little
manual insertion, but it's easy and a very
useful skill.

There should be a tutorial on how to use the
various features somewhere in this forum...

Here it is.

Just scroll down to about the middle of the page
where you see:

References

The buttons shown belong to the SMF default theme and may differ from forum to forum.

[Examples of how to use each button provided in table.]
« Last Edit: 2011-10-26, 23:03:21 by Dumped »

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

As to posted Reply #13,
Very good, Dumped.  I had no idea that that could be done.  I do occasionally upload lengthy 'Web link addresses, as other threads in this forum would show.   Thanks and I'll try to keep it in mind; and I can PM a Moderator with questions if I have them.

--Lee

Often page link URLs can be very long.

To enable the clickable link without showing
all of the very long URL use the Hyperlink
function.  It's the button which looks like a
globe just to the right of the Adobe PDF button
in the Post Reply window.

It's not automatic and requires just a little
manual insertion, but it's easy and a very
useful skill.

There should be a tutorial on how to use the
various features somewhere in this forum...

Here it is.

Just scroll down to about the middle of the page
where you see:

References

The buttons shown belong to the SMF default theme and may differ from forum to forum.

[Examples of how to use each button provided in table.]
Okay, I copied-and-pasted the whole post, as seen on this screen, to a Windows Word file and printed off a hard copy as an actual example.  That printed page showed the arguments of the entire statement as copied from another 'Web site.   For good measure, I printed off Pg. 6 of the tutorial as well to refer to.

I'll start practicing with this shortly.  Thanks.

--Lee

Lee:

Sorry to offend you and I am not out to save the wold.  I rattled your cage on purpose and it seems to have worked.

You know the case of the little Chinese girl that was run over in the street and something like 17 people walked by and did nothing?  What if you got electrocuted and died and none of the people that read your posting said anything?  Let's say that there were about a dozen people that read your posting that were qualified enough to know that you were potentially putting yourself in serious danger because you were clearly not qualified to be playing with high voltage.  Isn't there a parallel there?

I don't know why people that wouldn't dare try to work as a Sous-chef in a French restaurant because they know beforehand that they know nothing about French cuisine and are not qualified have no problem plunging into electronics like a bull in a China shop.  Sometimes they are even proud that they know next to nothing because that doesn't "encumber them."  I just don't get it.

The hippy-dippy "I'm Ok - You're Ok" mentality where nobody is wrong and everybody's ideas might have merit when it comes these forums is in reality pure crap.  Electronic circuits do exactly what they are supposed to do and if you don't understand what they are doing you would think that you would take it upon yourself to learn more.  That's a generic "you."  The technical points that I said to you, although worded somewhat harshly, are absolutely true.

I am more than happy to let the shiny people free-for-all hum along and not say much.  But I hate to see people put themselves in real danger.  And I didn't attack you as a person, I attacked your ideas.  I know that's a fine line sometimes but there was some intentional exaggeration because the intended audience is nearly everyone around here and I was looking for a bigger splash.

MileHigh

Thanks for the invite and warning.   It got me thinking---and I lower myself to admit it---there are lower voltage alternatives to what I'm researching.  (I may start a thread on the subject to archive and chronicle my efforts in the likes of thought experiments.)
Okay, Almighty One, MileHigh the Genius to the greatest level, I'm making good on my intention, but rather than start a new thread, I'll just post these:

#4,802,470

#4,674,481

#4,292,980

#4,094,322

#4,028,518

#3,760,148

#2,130,758

#765,470

Important:
This borrowed computer doesn't allow copying of URL's to the browser address bar.   I'll have to add those later with abbreviating of the addresses by the OUR.com's URL function.

Some of these inventions weren't originally designed to be therapeutic.   They were designed to emit electromagnetic waves.

--Lee

MileHigh said:
Sorry to offend you and I am not out to save the wold.  I rattled your cage on purpose and it seems to have worked.
        Okay, But there should have been some underlying reason that you did it, right?   Mind letting me, the Members and the regular viewing public in on it?   I can have more than one potential answer, so how you respond will dictate what I write.   Go ahead, be specific.
  I know that's a fine line sometimes but there was some intentional exaggeration because the intended audience is nearly everyone around here and I was looking for a bigger splash.
        Right, you apparently did that.   Why so?   What motivates you to try and create a "splash", as you put it?   Keep in mind this is my Bench and I don't try and go out of my way to do what you're doing to me, to other people here at OUR.com.   Why do you?

Finally, I believe,(??) one of the other Members either here at OUR.com or at OU.com has asked you, as an observation:   What do you do around here?   You don't have a Bench like I do; why not?   Where is your demonstrable expertise?
Upload a project.   With references, if you like.   Try and justify what you're doing instead of deriding what I'm doing---whether you think it's relevant to you and your notions of acceptability or not.
        I readily admit I'm not experienced on up-to-date electronic fields, so I'm not saying I'm 'all-fired' knowledgable, but you write with a know-it-all attitude, especially where my personal experience and motivations lie.   Can you defend your actions on someone else's Forum(mine) and piss off the Moderator(me) and expect not to be asked to explain yourself?   

Since we're off topic here, I'll allow that to continue to clear this issue up.   Anyone else who can comment is urged to do so, as they see fit.

--Lee

Lee:

I think my previous postings covered everything.  I made technical points to you and I suggest that you follow-up instead of ignoring them.  I have observed that pattern often, where when you point out a huge flaw in the logic for some proposition and the participants in the thread pretend to ignore it and carry on.  However, in your case there was real danger.  So why not discuss the flaws in your high-voltage setup with your peers just as an academic exercise and learn something in the process?

MileHigh

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Lee:

Why not post a schematic of what you intend to do.  Scratch it on a piece of paper and scan it in if you don't have a simple drawing program.

State what your expected results are with the device, state your objectives.

Then we can intelligently comment on what you are attempting to do.

There is too much lost in the rhetoric, and it is hard to convey a circuit diagram with words.

Clearly annotate your scratched up drawing.

We can then approach it with a mindset towards engineering the result you desire.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Lee:

Why not post a schematic of what you intend to do.  Scratch it on a piece of paper and scan it in if you don't have a simple drawing program.
I tried that once on OU.com and I couldn't get the software to work the way it was written to work on a borrowed computed, that's why.   That's the short answer.
     A longer, rather more tenuous answer(necessarily), I've been doing non-public, personal research for a long time in preparation for a job I'll take shortly.   Classified research and "going dark" is in the works.   Only recently have I been allowed to post anything since "going dark" limits what I can say on any potentially future work.   And I'm only doing basic stuff and then describing what I did.   I'll do it professionally shortly.   That's why I do, what I do.   It's more than you deserve.   It's also all you're getting so don't ask for more than the basics as I've written them in my threads.

Now, Wise Guy,  You didn't answer my question.   Where's your great research?   Mine's not great, just basic; I'm happy with that.   Prove you're doing something so that I don't have to think you're an arrogant crackpot, that got banned the last time you were here.   Gimme an answer.

--Lee

There is no litmus test that says you have to be doing research, just like there is no litmus test that says you have to have a basic knowledge of electronics.  I have a technical background.  If you want me to do something why not take myself and Ion's suggestion and post your circuit and then people can have a discussion.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
From Lee:

It's more than you deserve.   It's also all you're getting so don't ask for more than the basics as I've written them in my threads.

This is a strange sentiment considering the title of your thread.

Re: Lakhovsky MWO prototype; with uploaded schematics and tests, as time permits.

I won't be holding my breath.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

This is a strange sentiment considering the title of your thread.
Ion,
I was writing to MileHigh only.   I thinks he's an insulting prick.   Now I have firsthand experience.
I won't be holding my breath.
Okay...if you want to.   I drew a schematic in freehand with explanatory notes.   If I need to, I can redo it in ink without the notes for clarity.   I'll have to try and have it transferred to something like Windows Word, since I don't have my own computer that has a version of PDF which allows unique file creation.

I'll then try and upload it as an attachment.   That should work.   Is that something acceptable?

--Lee

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 17:48:37