PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 22:44:35
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Bias or propaganda against the free energy community  (Read 5605 times)
Group: Moderator

I thought this was a classic and comical case of the bias against anything having to do with free energy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
Perpetual motion is the motion of bodies that continues forever in an unperturbed system. A perpetual motion machine is a hypothetical machine that can do work infinitely without an external energy source. This kind of machine is impossible, as it would violate either the first or second law of thermodynamics or both.

Note they only mention the actual topic of "perpetual motion" in a one sentence blurb. They cannot even finish the line without then jumping right into an embarrassing muti-page diatribe on perpetual motion machines. I wonder where all the content on the actual subject of perpetual motion went?.

Yet this is the same kind of sheer nonsense we see everywhere equating "perpetual motion" with a supposed magical machine. We could also note how these buffoons also chose the worst possible examples of perpetual motion machines which clearly could not work. This is the kind of bias and propaganda the FE community is up against.

I have to wonder if the critics cannot understand plain English?. Perpetual (carries on forever, never ending) + Motion(changing position or place) = motion which never ends.  We should recognize this because the Conservation Of Energy demands energy/motion cannot be created or destroyed only transformed. By transformed we mean act on or through another level ie. the motion of an object is transformed into the jiggling motion of atoms as heat. There can be no more or less energy as motion and it can only transform thus the COE demands everything must be in perpetual motion.

Can anyone name anything in the universe which not in perpetual motion?... no, they cannot.

This is true because even though tangible matter may appear immobile intelligent people understand all it's atoms/particles and associated EM fields are in perpetual motion. The conservation of matter and energy demand they remain in motion perpetually.

In my opinion this nonsense on wikipedia is perfect example of this bias and propaganda towards FE. As well, if we view the editing history on the wikipedia page we can see it's only a few individuals who are editing out all the more relevant information. Which is often the case with bots and paid shills abusing all forms of media.

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I agree with the wiki perspective as they are addressing the idea that machines can be made to work forever just by their design and on that score free energy is a myth.

They also point out that all sources of energy that we know of regardless of whether we can tap them or not will expire ..even in a billion years .

I get why some would think that they are biased but its all about context and there is no doubt about their context as they mention  sources that are being successfully used and they are not free energy  They just seem so if the source is not yet well documented.

When science uncovers new things there are many interests that do not benefit from new understandings ...this story will go on forever ...oops ...until we are  all dead.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr

Can anyone name anything in the universe which not in perpetual motion?... no, they cannot.

Energy changes form all the time. We can't see the edge of the universe, but perhaps energy is still being created...

Group: Experimentalist

Everyone understands that by "perpetual motion machine", we mean a motion that not only compensates its losses but is also able to provide energy. It is not by twisting the definition and by diverting the subject on the constancy of movements in the universe that we will be made to believe in the possibility of free energy.

Those who talk about free energy being unable to demonstrate it, unable to produce any technology that can compete with conventional systems, unable to produce refutable theories since there is nothing to theorize about, until proven otherwise, everything Wikipedia says is right.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

There is no propaganda against the Free Energy "community" but mainly from the Free Energy "community". It is propaganda because we don't see the reality of what is being claimed but are told about it as if it were.

The use of the term "community" is significant in this respect, it is a confinement in rules, rites, and a belief system. The fact that we seek free energy does not make us a "community" but independent individuals in relation with each other through their technical interests.

Those who do not understand the laws of nature or want to replace them with what they dream of, I invite them to turn to religion rather than transforming our movement of technically curious, tinkerers, technicians or engineers, into a sectarian movement based on faith, and not on scientific and technical research.

Be the change you wish to see in the world
Criticism & Cynicism.

IME - the former is great when presented in a suggestive, practical manner.
The latter, rarely beneficial for either party.
I strive to occupy the former, especially when no one has a useful OU device in constant looped operation, yet (afaik)

I'm glad others recognize that this sort of disinformation - (Mythbusters Bedini ep. is my go to example) - may well be the crux upon which suppressions are achieved. It's clearly possible, contrary to common belief.. Now being somewhat cognizant with the situation we find ourselves in - I actually don't see a more rational explanation than this.
It's just a major side effect of successful capitalism. Could even be a prerequisite factor.

The expanding dissemination of legible, correct information & replicable tutorials, relevant to these experiments, that one may find online in various places, is paramount to what I believe will be a long overdue electrical renaissance. The biggest challenge to overcome is the concretely planted notion that -
"ThErE iS No SuCh tHiNg aS FrEe eNeRgY DeViCe!11!! As so confidently stated by Electro-boom..
Countless others do the same and denounce that which they can't verify .. It's just as bad as claiming success fraudulently.. probably worse..
At least grifters bring attention to the topic!
« Last Edit: 2023-02-01, 00:52:26 by Renaissance Rising »

3D magnetics
I agree with the wiki perspective as they are addressing the idea that machines can be made to work forever just by their design and on that score free energy is a myth.

I disagree with the wiki because it shows a clear bias by equating the physics of perpetual motion with a hypothetical machine nobody believes. A form of psychological manipulation relating to word associations. Similar to you saying I saw a strange light in the sky and other people saying you mean little green men?. It's an attempt to de-legitimize a subject by associating something confusing or contradictory with it. As we can see the effect can be so subtle most people have little idea they are even being manipulated. 

They also point out that all sources of energy that we know of regardless of whether we can tap them or not will expire ..even in a billion years .

What your suggesting cannot be true if you believe in the conservation of matter and energy. Were told energy cannot be created or destroyed, period. Then people start using terms like consumed, expired, dissipated or used up in direct contradiction to the law of conservation.

I found many like to talk about the conservation of energy but few if any actually believe it. Here's a clue, all the greatest FE inventors claimed there devices harnessed radiant/cosmic energy. They claimed the universe was a sea of energy which was endless and perpetual. Ergo the energy was always conserved and could never be created or destroyed only transformed. Maybe these FE inventors were the only ones who actually understood the conservation of energy.

Personally I find perpetual motion machines absurd. It's a joke, a parlor trick meant to distract people from understanding that all energy and motion is perpetual. The conservation of energy and matter demands it's perpetual. What do people think "CANNOT BE CREATED OR DESTROYED" means?, lol.

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

@Renaissance Rising
To reproach criticism is clearly to take a stand on the principle of faith. Criticism is absolutely necessary for the search for truth.
As for "cynicism", it is a biased interpretation as those whose objects of faith are criticized have.

It is time to get out of this infernal loop of inventing conspiracy theories to explain the past failure of the "free energy community" and find scapegoats or excuses for its incompetence.
Being one of these "free energy researchers", but independent and I do not consider that any "community" would represent me, the only excuse I see for us is the extreme scientific and technical difficulty compared to our presumption to do better than the scientists, who are also looking for the same thing with a mind as open, even often much more, than ours.
The "free energy community", which unlike the scientific community has not yet produced anything for mankind, should be more modest and do its introspection.

Another bias I found is the objection to FE based on entropy.

Entropy only applies to closed systems but then many took it out of context and mistakenly applied it to everything. Entropy was also based on the primitive concept of thermodynamics ie. thermo-heat/dynamic-motion, the motion relating to atoms jiggling or heat.

For example, many claim since energy radiates the universe must tend towards dissipation and chaos. However this narrow minded view ignores the basic premise of the conservation of matter and energy.

Some energy may radiate as smaller packets of energy but they cannot be created/destroyed and must eventually be absorbed by something else. Thus the laws of conservation demand what radiates in one place must eventually concentrate in another, equal and opposite. What radiates must also gravitate somewhere else otherwise we fall into the rabbit hole of creation/destruction or something from nothing.

So of course the bias is quite obvious and many only looked at half the equation. They only considered the force of expansion/radiation and ignored the equal and opposite force of concentration/gravitation. Which may also explain why so few have any idea how to concentrate energy in a FE device.

AC

...For example, many claim since energy radiates the universe must tend towards dissipation and chaos. However this narrow minded view ignores the basic premise of the conservation of matter and energy.

This is false.

Energy/mass is conserved, but the universe is expanding. So the density of energy reduces, and if the expansion continues indefinitely, the density of energy in this universe tends towards zero!
When the universe is only filled with one photon per cubic light year, won't it be "dissipation and chaos"?

And the question is much worse. Because the expansion of the universe makes galaxies disappear every day, not that they are anihilated, but that they disappear from our observable universe because the regions of distant space are moving away from us faster than the speed of light. So these areas can no longer have any connection with us. Even by moving at the speed of light, we could not reach them, the energy there is no longer accessible.

But why don't we see you educate yourself on scientific subjects before talking about them?! And why project your own misunderstandings onto scientists? The funny thing is that you reproach them for neglecting the "conservation of matter and energy", whereas the principle of conservation of energy is also reproached to scientists by the FE community. In short, it's blaming them for one thing and its opposite, it's really nonsense. Ask yourself which of the two really shows the "narrow minded view".

F6FLT
Energy/mass is conserved, but the universe is expanding. So the density of energy reduces, and if the expansion continues indefinitely, the density of energy in this universe tends towards zero!
When the universe is only filled with one photon per cubic light year, won't it be "dissipation and chaos"?

Logically we know this cannot be true in a greater sense.

If the universe were expanding then at some point it must have also been contracting which then allowed for the expansion. To claim the universe simply expanded from a point is to claim something was created from nothing and must have violated the conservation of matter and energy. Are you claiming the COE was violated then?.

And the question is much worse. Because the expansion of the universe makes galaxies disappear every day, not that they are anihilated, but that they disappear from our observable universe because the regions of distant space are moving away from us faster than the speed of light. So these areas can no longer have any connection with us. Even by moving at the speed of light, we could not reach them, the energy there is no longer accessible.

I disagree with the point and all we really know as a fact is that some astronomers seem to have measured a slight red shift in astronomical bodies. From this measurement everything else was then theorized, key word theory. ie. Expansion theory of the universe.

Occam's razor implies the answer which relies on the fewest assumptions is probably the correct one.

Which sounds more probable...
1) The measured red shift is not accurate and probably an artifact of the way we measured it or some other unknown effect.

2)The universe was created from nothing as condensed energy/matter in violation of the conservation of energy and matter. It then proceeded to expand outward perpetually, supposedly into nothing perpetually.

No my friend, I could never believe such nonsense because your flawed reasoning is no different than what your accusing others here of. We cannot get something from nothing and the conservation of matter and energy must hold. Ergo, there must be a more reasonable explanation.

AC

F6FLT
I should thank you, working through the problem of a supposed expanding universe I just discovered where the astronomers made some critical errors in judgement. It was your description and perspective of what you think is happening that made me think. As I explained prior what your suggesting cannot be true therefore it must be something else and I may have just found it.

I just did some preliminary sketches and basic calculations and my theory seems to work. Does anyone know of some good motion physics simulation software?.

AC

Group: Ambassador

AC
Message broli ..he may help a bit ?

Group: Professor

Which sounds more probable...
1) The measured red shift is not accurate and probably an artifact of the way we measured it or some other unknown effect.

2)The universe was created from nothing as condensed energy/matter in violation of the conservation of energy and matter. It then proceeded to expand outward perpetually, supposedly into nothing perpetually.

You have missed one!
3)At distant regions of the universe atomic oscillators oscillate at a different rate due to inertial mass differing from gravitational mass there.

Smudge 

...the astronomers made some critical errors in judgement...

C.C

When one is not competent in a field and when, in addition, one does not know how to bring the least contradiction in scientific terms, to seize the questions of research at the limits of our knowledge to incriminate the scientists whereas all that you know of the universe comes from them, is of a ridiculous incoherence.
These questions are hypotheses of research, they are part of the method but are not yet science, since they are not verified and there is no consensus, unlike Maxwell's equations, quantum mechanics or relativity...
In science, it is not like in free energy: scientists do not agree with the last person who spoke on Youtube, they evolve their knowledge with their discoveries, their observations, their measurements and it is not because they question the best models they had until now, that Newton's laws would not be valid tomorrow.

Modified my post to stay on topic...

Did a little more digging and things are much worse than I imagined. Apparently perpetual motion does not mean motion which lasts forever according to the English language but an imaginary perpetual motion machine. There is no term to describe continuous motion defined by the conservation of energy. The moment perpetual motion is mentioned most devolve into a primitive diatribe about the 2nd law and heat.

Of course they like to talk about the conservation of energy but then then use terms and concepts which clearly must violate it. It's the damnedest thing.

They also seem to have no problem with a universe created from nothing and apparently expanding into nothing. Let me repeat that, they believe the universe will keep expanding but have literally no idea what it could expand into. They also seem to believe the universe is finite but can expand infinitely. However they certainly do seem to have an infatuation with black holes. Which they believe are sucking up the universe but again have no idea where all the matter and energy could go.

I'm starting to think the scientific community is nuts.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-03, 03:52:32 by Allcanadian »

@AC

Not one of your statements is consistent with reality. They are all based on biased interpretations and straw man fallacies.

Why do you say "They also seem to have no problem with a universe created from nothing" when it is totally false? Where is your scientific references that would claim a creation ex nihilo?

Is your nonsense stories because you don't understand the big bang theory or is it because of a complex against scientists?

When will you finally study science before talking about it and producing false and iniquitous arguments against scientists?

The resentment of part of the "FE community" against scientists is beginning to remind me of the Inquisition's trials against Gallileo.

The propaganda of their obscurantism, which has never produced anything for mankind, and which pretends to deny the scientific knowledge that has, is not at all in the right direction.

Criticism & Cynicism.

IME - the former is great when presented in a suggestive, practical manner.
The latter, rarely beneficial for either party.
I strive to occupy the former, especially when no one has a useful OU device in constant looped operation, yet (afaik)

I'm glad others recognize that this sort of disinformation - (Mythbusters Bedini ep. is my go to example) - may well be the crux upon which suppressions are achieved.

The expanding dissemination of legible, correct information & replicable tutorials, relevant to these experiments, that one may find online in various places, is paramount to what I believe will be a long overdue electrical renaissance. The biggest challenge to overcome is the concretely planted notion that -
"ThErE iS No SuCh tHiNg aS FrEe eNeRgY DeViCe!11!! As so confidently stated by Electro-boom..
Countless others do the same and denounce that which they can't verify

I grant that Mythbusters was focused more on entertainment then science, which explains the unfaithful methodology they used to debunk.
One doesn't have to be a Bedini fan to immediately realize that the motor presented in the show had no resemblance to the designs and publications from Bedini of the last 30yrs.

* No HV impulses or feedback
* No tuning or coil sizing/balancing
* No ferromagnetic core material
* Arbitrary choice of magnets
* Arbitrary # of magnets
* Arbitrary velocity
* Single strand magnet wire
* No variation on spacing or timing or input power
* Motor was in repulsion rather than attraction mode

One could 'debunk' all manner of things by using that same half-assed standard of experimentation.

Attempt to build a Class-E MOSFET amplifier but use an arbitrary sized inductor so it doesn't work?
"Class E Amplifier Myth: BUSTED"

Attempt to build a VHF filter but use electrolytic caps instead of RF/mica?
"Bessler Bandpass Filter Myth: BUSTED"

I'd love to see a parody where they disprove the myth of the internal combustion engine by using a 4-stroke lawnmower and just alter the timing by 30deg.  Or cut the spark voltage in half.  Or dilute the gas with 50% water (it should still run with 50% of the power, right?)
"Myth of the Internal Combustion Engine: BUSTED"  ;D ;D ;D

As for Electroboom, it was hilarious watching him build a "Tesla Coil" without knowing how critically important dielectric field management is in these systems.   He coated the secondary coil in copious amounts of high-loss epoxy! ;D    No wonder it melted down so fast  C.C

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

Hakasays
I'd love to see a parody where they disprove the myth of the internal combustion engine by using a 4-stroke lawnmower and just alter the timing by 30deg.  Or cut the spark voltage in half.  Or dilute the gas with 50% water (it should still run with 50% of the power, right?)
"Myth of the Internal Combustion Engine: BUSTED"

I think you nailed it and different people are laughing for different reasons. Most laugh because they think a myth has been busted but I generally laugh at the myth busters incompetence. It's as if they don't even try to make a real effort or understand anything which I admit is kind of funny. It's funny in the same way as watching a 1 year old learning to walk and falling all over themselves.

I also like Electroboom for similar reasons. He's an electrical engineer but seems to have little grasp of electrodynamics or working theory. For example, like most he claimed he had no idea how a self-oscillating tesla coil could possibly work because the base/gate trigger was open circuit. So once again we see the closed circuit/closed system brainwashing is alive and well in academia.

I helped develop and popularize open circuit switching along with another researcher I knew named Dr. Stiffler about 15 years ago. It was obvious to me from simple experiments that a mosfet gate could be triggered by an open circuit electric field. The next step was using signal transistors or fets in darligton arrays to amplify extremely small E fields. I built a small open circuit detector which could detect the E field generated from a person walking in another room 40 feet away on the other side of my house. It's really interesting stuff and I'm not sure what the outer limit is regarding sensitivity and range.

It's strange, I want to stay open minded but the more supposedly scientific people I interact with the more I realize how biased they are. They appear to have no interest in learning anything outside the context of what they have memorized or been told. It seems to relate to a lack of imagination and curiosity in my opinion. In effect they seem to have forgotten how to learn...

AC

I also like Electroboom for similar reasons. He's an electrical engineer but seems to have little grasp of electrodynamics or working theory. For example, like most he claimed he had no idea how a self-oscillating tesla coil could possibly work because the base/gate trigger was open circuit. So once again we see the closed circuit/closed system brainwashing is alive and well in academia.

AC

Yeah, Electroboom is still a great asset because he actually does pick up a scope and soldering iron and build things.  He'll figure out eventually who'se been giving useful advice and who hasnt.

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

Yeah, Electroboom is still a great asset because he actually does pick up a scope and soldering iron and build things.  He'll figure out eventually who'se been giving useful advice and who hasnt.

Yes he is a major asset and he has already figured it out: no one gives useful advice. When he can build and measure something that works in free energy, he will change his mind.
As long as people like him are not convinced, as long as the skeptics are not convinced, the reason is that FE does not exist yet.

@AC
Why do you say "They also seem to have no problem with a universe created from nothing" when it is totally false? Where is your scientific references that would claim a creation ex nihilo?

Still no answer?
I think Electroboom has the same kind of problem. We see a lot of gibberish, and when we ask for the facts, we get more gibberish.

F6FLT

The big bang theory claims the universe as we know it expanded from a super dense point or cluster of compressed matter. They also claim entropy and the conservation of energy will not allow all the expanded universe to be compressed back to it's original state.

As such it's a violation of the COE and causality where the laws of physics would prevent the original state (a compressed universe) from ever happening. Ergo, if the laws of physics forbid the universe from contracting back to it's original state then it's all but implied it must have been created from nothing. How else could the original state have ever come into existence if the laws of physics forbid it?.

It just seems like a clever way of saying, we think this happened, but we cannot say it because nobody would ever believe it. 

AC

F6FLT
The big bang theory claims the universe as we know it expanded from a super dense point or cluster of compressed matter. They also claim entropy and the conservation of energy will not allow all the expanded universe to be compressed back to it's original state.

As such it's a violation of the COE and causality ...

This is false, it is in no way contrary to the COE and causality. These are just your interpretations of a theory that you obviously don't master at all.

Moreover, you have not answered the question "Where is your scientific references that would claim a creation ex nihilo?" to prove your assertion: "They also seem to have no problem with a universe created from nothing" when it is totally false?

Scientists have never claimed "a universe created from nothing" and that is why you are unable to provide evidence.
You are still defaming scientists and unable to prove anything you say against them, which is obscurantism.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 22:44:35