PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 00:20:29
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Ricks best video's  (Read 58669 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Is that circuit diagram accurate Brad?

Can we be extra thorough in the replication and use the exact specifications from Rick's components, preferably from the same batch?

Even better would be the specific components Rick uses, if he has some spare I am willing to pay the P&P costs to get them to you.

As far as i can find,yes,that is the circuit for the MR16 5 watt LED.

But it is hard to know exactly,as information is scarce.

I can get 10 of these LEDs for $35.00,so not a huge cost.

If Ricks power supply is giving correct P/in reading's,and we need only 36mA of current,then there is no need for a power supply,as my FG will deliver nearly 200mA @ 120V P/P with the impedance set to 0.

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Professor

Everyman decries immorality
Yes i get that, but the idea is to replicate Rick's build in person, in the real world, right in front of you, exactly as he did it, because only then will the results be valid. You can't send me your results via the internet so may I suggest a full written report via airmail. That should settle it!

>:-)

Everyman Standing Order 01: In the Face of Tyranny; Everybody Stands, Nobody Runs.
Everyman Standing Order 02: Everyman is Responsible for Energy and Security.
Everyman Standing Order 03: Everyman knows Timing is Critical in any Movement.

Buy me some coffee
Yes i get that, but the idea is to replicate Rick's build in person, in the real world, right in front of you, exactly as he did it, because only then will the results be valid. You can't send me your results via the internet so may I suggest a full written report via airmail. That should settle it!

>:-)

Hard to replicate exactly,when the information about the setup is very limited.

But i see nothing special about Rick's setup,as we have all transmitted and received power like this before in the very same way.

Group: Tech Wizard

This video includes useful pieces of information on 12 V AC/DC LED bulbs (not specifically on the MR16 type though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Roc5TLdnw

Unfortunately, 12 V LED bulbs like MR16 types or other types for even mains operation are widely copied by unknown manufacturers and one can never know what circuit is used inside, unless the actual bulb is disassembled.  In simple cases a full wave bridge and a puffer cap is all what may be included, with a series, small value current limiting resistor.

Gyula

Group: Ambassador

if we could get one or two Bulbs ?
or the manufacturer and part number ?

The FE metrologist passed this on !

this datasheet offers some  surprises in regard to assumptions
on brightness and power input

EDIT TO ADD A nice Tinsel movie on the topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChV7n0EY2h0

« Last Edit: 2019-07-24, 14:35:36 by Chet K »

Buy me some coffee
Ok Rick,i would like to spend the time looking further into this.

I have started printing out some coil former's,such as the ones you have on your video's.
I am guessing here ATM,but some form of information would help out a lot.

The coil's look to be about 2 1/2 inches in diameter,but i have no idea as to how many turns each have,or what size wire you are using.

Itsu has all the details:
Here's a pic. of one of the coils
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24, 14:32:30 by Aking.21 »

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Here is a post on OU.com of user "benfr" (now I wonder who that might be? ;D) promoting Rick's kit again!!!

https://overunity.com/17491/confirmation-of-ou-devices-and-claims/msg537489/#msg537489

hi, well please check my first post on this thread where I am giving specs to start the experimentation of the kit from Rick Friedrich.
Please forget now the ou as you will need first to go through amperage multiplication and/or voltage amplification. If you really want to kick yourself start in, I would recommend to buy the kit (100 usd or so). But a little bit of the information in the kit I have shared in a try to give interest in the kit to grow, that information is in my post (series coils aounrd 157 uH, capacitor of 100 pF, square frequency of 1.25 MHZ - I have wonrgly typed .885 MHZ but the frequency to try is approx 1.25).

Be ready to light leds and bulbs you will not be able to otherwise  ::)

So here are some specs for you Brad, right from the horses mouth

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Itsu has all the details:
Here's a pic. of one of the coils

C'mon AK, you can do better than that!!   :)

My engineering background needs more than that, coil former O/D, length and number of turns with wire gauge please?

Out of interest is that coil former made from Black PVC by any chance?

Cheers Graham.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Try to duplicate the coils all you like but it will never work without the ornamented and filagreed wooden base right in plane sight, you all have missed it, the secret to free energy.

The intricate carved base creates vacuum energy swirls that amplify the flow of aether through the coils. This is Rick's final final secret of free energy to be released in a new book selling you know where.

Now I've done it, I've given it away. Oh My, is the world ready for this?

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Ion
There are a few variations on the full wave voltage doubler circuit that perhaps you are not presently  familiar with.
One variation is what has been newly named the "Avramenko plug", now shortened to "diode plug"

The attached picture is the Avramenko's plug circuit and as you can see it is not a voltage doubler. There may be variations of the AV plug using additional components however then it is not an original AV plug circuit. You can't just cherry pick a different circuit and say it's the same thing when it isn't.

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Be aware of Benfr his coil data, they are wrong.

I got correct data on the satellite coils from A.king21 and build some here with data:
https://overunity.com/17491/confirmation-of-ou-devices-and-claims/msg535546/#msg535546

Itsu

Buy me some coffee
C'mon AK, you can do better than that!!   :)

My engineering background needs more than that, coil former O/D, length and number of turns with wire gauge please?

Out of interest is that coil former made from Black PVC by any chance?

Cheers Graham.
I was working on it. Give a man a chance.  I was digging stuff up.  Anyway you've all got the specs now. Re former: I asked Rick and he said he didn't know the composition.  He used I assume builders pipe and it is black in colour. He mentioned either drain pipe or water pipe I don't remember which.  The main point is the coil former worked so he uses it.
So I assume black PVC with unknown chemical composition. I have made some coils with white pipe and they seem to work ok - so I don't think the composition is a critical factor.

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Buy me some coffee
BIG COIL specs:

2mH 2000000 nH 200Q @ 100Khz 1262 pf 1.36 Rs ohms 1.37 ohms DCR #18 wire on 6+" PVC tube
351pf @ 186kHz = 5000+V 18V 30-260ma power supply for gate driver 5V frequency gen
Rickjust did 180kHz because he could match it with 5nf cap on the little coils. But that wasn't it's optimum frequency (close enough).

EDIT:  The small coils can be fine tuned using a small ferrite core. This will assist in optimizing the RX coils when you start moving coils around.  Also inserting coils into the big coil can reduce the input draw with minimum interference to the output.  Under certain conditions you may experience cold electricity.  To see it you measure the wires for heat loss (not on the load) as the load converts to normal. You see it on the face of the mr 16 also, not the back where the electronics converts  to normal.

Ion
The attached picture is the Avramenko's plug circuit and as you can see it is not a voltage doubler. There may be variations of the AV plug using additional components however then it is not an original AV plug circuit. You can't just cherry pick a different circuit and say it's the same thing when it isn't.

Dear ALL Canadian

That is not a complete schematic of an Avramenko plug. Please supply the complete circuit.

I think this is off topic here now that the guys are in full swing on the RF replication.

We can move it elsewhere if you like or just agree to disagree, which is just fine with me.

Regards

I was working on it. Give a man a chance.  I was digging stuff up.  Anyway you've all got the specs now. Re former: I asked Rick and he said he didn't know the composition. He used I assume builders pipe and it is black in colour. He mentioned either drain pipe or water pipe I don't remember which.  The main point is the coil former worked so he uses it.
So I assume black PVC with unknown chemical composition. I have made some coils with white pipe and they seem to work ok - so I don't think the composition is a critical factor.

Dear Aking21

For what it's worth, coil former design can have an effect on Q depending on material type and additives, thickness etc..

I'm surprised that the manufacturer of the kits does not remember what he is using. Most manufacturers have an exact BOM so that they can have consistent quality control in their product.

Maybe user "benfr" remembers?'

Regards

« Last Edit: 2019-07-24, 19:13:30 by ion »

Buy me some coffee
Dear Aking21

For what it's worth, coil former design can have an effect on Q depending on material type and additives, thickness etc..

I'm surprised that the manufacturer of the kits does not remember what he is using. Most manufacturers have an exact BOM so that they can have consistent quality control in their product.

Maybe user "benfr" remembers?'

Regards
No, sorry if I gave the wrong impression.  It is I who cannot remember what he said.   Rick knows where he gets the former from. In any case Rick quotes the Q in his videos so we can have a direct comparison that way. Q  is measured at 100 khz by the way in Rick's kits.

Buy me some coffee
Ion

AC
You are missing the capacitor that is in series with the open leg of the transformer and A in your circuit.
Add that to your circuit (as it should be),and what do you have ?.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Ion

I believe this is the complete circuit of your AV plug AC.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Just a question for the EE guy's here.
When we make a tank circuit,such as Rick is doing with all his coil's (TX and RX),do we not loose half the energy charging the cap each half cycle? I mean,if the potential energy =U = qV,and as the charge reaches the capacitor, energy stored become's Uc = (1/ 2) qV,this means that the loss in energy = U - Uc. So 50% of the energy is lost during each half cycle--as heat i would expect.

So,when we inject a pulse of current into a tank circuit,and we see that circuit ring down,is it due to loosing half the energy each half cycle to charge the cap?

It would seem to me that it would be more efficient not to have a cap in series or parallel to the coil,and just pulse the coil by itself at the right frequency. I mean,the coil will already have some self capacitance,so why add more losses by adding an additional capacitor ?.

Brad

Group: Mad Scientist

I believe this is the complete circuit of your AV plug AC.

I can confirm the circuit will work with or without ground.
(though the resulting signal is stronger when grounded)

You can put an LED or meter on an ungrounded AV plug and it will still receive a clear signal in a resonating circuit.  Makes a great tool for tuning ;D

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Buy me some coffee
I can confirm the circuit will work with or without ground.
(though the resulting signal is stronger when grounded)

You can put an LED or meter on an ungrounded AV plug and it will still receive a clear signal in a resonating circuit.  Makes a great tool for tuning ;D

The capacitive coupling to ground is via the air.
It has this capacitive coupling whether you can see it or not.
The higher the frequency and/or voltage,the greater the amount of power will flow through this air capacitor.
The circuit you and AC show dose not exist,and is incomplete.

Brad

Group: Mad Scientist

IMO that would be capacitive coupling to the transmitting portion of the circuit, not necessarily the ground.
This would be easy to confirm, as the effect would otherwise disappear/diminish when flying in an aircraft or at altitude.

The capacitive coupling to ground is via the air.
It has this capacitive coupling whether you can see it or not.
The higher the frequency and/or voltage,the greater the amount of power will flow through this air capacitor.
The circuit you and AC show dose not exist,and is incomplete.

Brad

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Buy me some coffee
IMO that would be capacitive coupling to the transmitting portion of the circuit, not necessarily the ground.
This would be easy to confirm, as the effect would otherwise disappear/diminish when flying in an aircraft or at altitude.

No,it would be worse,as the whole aircraft now act's as a big ground plate,being aluminum.

Make your circuit,and get the LED to light at the high frequency.
Now wind down the frequency and see what happens.
At high frequencies,a small value of capacitance can deliver a large amount of current,but at lower frequencies,it will deliver only a small amount of current.

Even a reversed biased diode in series with an LED has enough capacitance to light the LED at high frequencies.

Brad

Just a question for the EE guy's here.
When we make a tank circuit,such as Rick is doing with all his coil's (TX and RX),do we not loose half the energy charging the cap each half cycle? I mean,if the potential energy =U = qV,and as the charge reaches the capacitor, energy stored become's Uc = (1/ 2) qV,this means that the loss in energy = U - Uc. So 50% of the energy is lost during each half cycle--as heat i would expect.

So,when we inject a pulse of current into a tank circuit,and we see that circuit ring down,is it due to loosing half the energy each half cycle to charge the cap?

It would seem to me that it would be more efficient not to have a cap in series or parallel to the coil,and just pulse the coil by itself at the right frequency. I mean,the coil will already have some self capacitance,so why add more losses by adding an additional capacitor ?.

Brad

In a tank circuit the inductor is a current source, not a voltage source. As such it charges the capacitor with zero loss and in an ideal simulation it does not ring down but can continue indefinitely. Try a simulation using zero loss inductors and capacitors and you will see.

In the real world the losses are the resistance of the coil, the dissipation factor of the capacitor, (and radiated losses when the tank operates at a frequency where it can efficiently couple to the air), which can be minimal if designed with high quality components such as vacuum capacitors (very low dissipation factor) and the coil will be made with as low a resistance as possible.

You are correct that that some of the losses are from heat as outlined above, but this is because the components are not ideal and have resistance and a dissipation factor.

If you study how high power transmitter tank circuits are constructed, you will understand what must be done to minimize losses. Look in the ARRL handbook for more info on this.

The point is, a well designed tank coil will have a very high Q and the damping ratio will be low.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_factor

https://www.google.com/search?q=damping+ratio+formula&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damping_ratio

By the way you posed the question for an EE, well, I'm not a formal college educated (4 years) EE, but in addition to some 3 years technical school, and supplementary courses, I have had around 60 years hands on experience in the real world  designing power equipment, sophisticated analog  and digital circuits and microcomputer controlled process equipment, where I had to teach myself most of this stuff. Most of the equipment I designed is still being sold today 21 years after I retired from that industry, and making millions for my former employer, of which I get 0, I'm just not a good businessman.

I know partzman's resume would be similar, as he also has designed numerous successful electronic devices and also has patents.

I'm just a roll my sleeves up, hit the bench, consult the books when needed, and "git her done" kind of guy.

I think this and other topics should be moved off the Rick video thread, as I'm sure he will be cut and pasting our info into his latest book for profit.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-25, 16:35:02 by ion »

Group: Professor

Methinks someone here should educate themselves on the subject of self capacitance.  It may seem strange to talk about a one-terminal capacitor, but that is exactly what self capacitance is.  And it is via that self capacitance that the aircraft is connected to ground, or more precisely is connected to a zero potential reference.  It is a fact that two isolated spheres separated by any large distance has a mutual capacitance between them that is the series combination of their self capacitances.  That is a form of coupling that goes via that ground or zero potential point.  That mutual capacitance can carry current.  Why do I know this?  I spent a good part of my professional career studying capacitance proximity fuzes for missiles.

Smudge

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 00:20:29