PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 20:38:30
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
Author Topic: Serbian Professor Savic Sonic water heater replication COP 12  (Read 333361 times)

Group: Tinkerer

The "Earth Light" topic, unfortunately,
is an example of how easily the "blind"
are able to lead the "blind" anywhere
they desire.

If the principal participants in the discussion
would make some seerious effort to research
the chemistry of their various experimental cells
then it could possibly become a positively educational
experience.

Some few have attempted to explain the chemistry
involved but weren't able to make much head-
way in overcoming the fantasies.  Such is life in
today's world of "replicators."  In truth, it was perhaps
equally so in my youth - not all of us were keen on
doing the needed research and study to enable
coming to the proper conclusions...

Mistakes and wrong conclusions may serve some
purpose in motivating a greater dedication to
putting the horse before the cart and taking care
of other necessary details.

The link provided was to a specific posting in the
thread where the Illustrious Moderator made some
rather startling pronouncements.  I see that he has
since "edited" his original posting to remove the
potentially self damaging rhetoric.

Perhaps someone clued him in to the Dunning-Kruger
effect.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Professor

Thanks for the insights, Dumped. 
Would you say that the "Earth lights" are galvanic?  Why are so many interested in a low-power battery, if that's what this is?

Quote from: PhysicsProf
Would you say that the "Earth lights" are galvanic?

Those which are made with metal electrodes
buried in the earth are.  Each of the cells
made with dissimilar metal electrodes are.

Quote from: PhysicsProf
  Why are so many interested in a low-power battery, if that's what this is?

They're great fun to make and evaluate
experimentally.  It's a new novelty.

Until its limitations and realities are fully
understood by the experimenters it will
be thought of as a potential breakthrough
for a source of free (or very inexpensive) energy.

Most of the participants will be disappointed
while a few will be encouraged to continue study
to learn why those limitations prevent the cells
from delivering abundant energy.

They could indeed serve as a valuable stepping
stone to improved electrochemical cell designs
for those who persist - with good study.

Learning how to make things with practical value
is always gratifying.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Anomalous heat production has been reported
as a consequence of electrolytic/electrolysis
procedures for quite some time.

If in fact there is significant excess heating
from the Savic Sonic Water Heater does it bear
any similarity to the previously reported excess
heating processes?

Potassium Carbonate / Nickel Electrolytic Cell

Electrochemical Hydriding of Nickel

Granted, in the Savic device the materials are
different - but clearly, something is happening
with the aluminum electrodes.  Particularly during
the "reverse polarization" when photons are emitted.

It is possible that hydrogen/oxygen recombination is
taking place?

I have purchased a

"NORPRO 559 Immersion Heater for Warming Liquids"
$6.82
In Stock
See attached photo.

Very useful for comparisons with Davey-type heaters and very inexpensive!  (It even ships to me for free using Amazon Prime.)

Other models are available for use with 220V and with 12V DC.

My idea is to use the heater as a control, to check the instruments and measurement methods. 
For example, I will use a wattage meter to measure the input power and thermometers to measure the rise in temperature in the water to measure Q -- for both the control (using the immersion heater pictured) AND with the Davey-type device.

Note that the heat of vaporization due to steam production can also be determined if one is careful to "waft away" the produced steam with a small fan.

Heat of Vaporization-the amount of heat required to convert unit mass of a liquid into the vapor without a change in temperature.

For water at its normal boiling point of 100 ºC, the  heat of vaporization is 2260 J g-1. This means that to convert 1 g of water at 100 ºC to 1 g of  steam at 100 ºC,

2260 J of heat must be absorbed by the water.
Hv = mass in grams lost due to vaporization * 2260 J g-1.   

One measures the mass of the water before and after the "run" for a given W-h input, say 50 W-h; this gives the mass of the water lost due to vaporization IF one is careful not to allow water droplets to escape the vessel, just steam.

By inserting the immersion heater into the SAME container as the Davey heater, and inserting the SAME watts of power into each heater (one at a time), one can immediately compare the rise in temperature of the water (along with the mass lost due to vaporization) BETWEEN the TWO heaters, and straightforwardly determine which is more efficient.  OU should be quickly demonstrable, if indeed the Davey heater is OU.

The heat lost due to electrolysis should be small I think and will tend to LOWER the calculated efficiency (making the calculation conservative); and recombination of H and O will simply add this energy lost back into the system.

Note that the immersion heater should have a nominal efficiency of one (in a well-insulated water container).

I like easy-to-see tests of concept like this!

Group: Guest
Interesting to make the comparison, but I would fully expect the Savic boiler to be more efficient than the immersion heater in that the resistive element is the water itself, which is the very thing that we require to be heated. Whereas the immersion heater firstly has to heat itself up before conducting this heat to the surrounding water.

I wouldn't be too concerned about electrolysis occurring. Science books will tell you it doesn't happen with AC, and I have never been able dissociate water into its component gases unless the AC is accompanied by an underlying DC component. Unlike with DC, charged species simply do not travel to and from the electrodes with AC. I'm not saying that there will be absolutely no electrolysis occurring, because in all likelihood there will be some intermittent ionic species charge exchanging at the electrodes, but it will be to such a small degree as to be immeasurable and hence negligible in the grand scheme of things. 

@FarrahDay
Interesting to make the comparison, but I would fully expect the Savic boiler to be more efficient than the immersion heater in that the resistive element is the water itself, which is the very thing that we require to be heated. Whereas the immersion heater firstly has to heat itself up before conducting this heat to the surrounding water.

Hmm, I'm surprised you would think this because conventional theory and the conservation of energy dictate that both methods must be equally efficient, that is 100% efficient minus measurement error. Thus if we allow the temperature to reach an equilibrium before measuring they must in every case be exactly equal, no more no less. I find it odd that you are always arguing that we can never get more out of a system even if external energy is considered and yet here you seem to be implying that one resistor could be more efficient than another which I find improbable if not impossible, or does the conservation of energy apply only at your discretion?.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

You know what, I give up with you AC. As I've said before, it's like you post just for the sake of argument.

I'm certainly not suggesting that one resistor is more efficient than another, or questioning the laws of the conservation of energy, but rather putting it to you that the water will heat faster with the Savic boiler - but as per usual you are plying your trade of twisting words.

Commonsense surely dictates that the resistive element in the immersion heater firstly has to get hot itself, then conduct this heat to its metal container before this heat then conducts to the surrounding water, whereas the Savic boiler will start heating the water instantly as the water is effectively the resistive element.  You don't think that the element of the immersion heater will partially act as a heatsink?

When and where have I argued that we can never get more out of a system even if external energy is considered?

Not that it matters as I doubt you and I will ever see eye-to-eye in anything.

@FarrahDay
I'm certainly not suggesting that one resistor is more efficient than another, or questioning the laws of the conservation of energy, but rather putting it to you that the water will heat faster with the Savic boiler - but as per usual you are plying your trade of twisting words.

If you were not suggesting that one resistor is more efficient than another then why did you say it?.
ie....
.but I would fully expect the Savic boiler to be more efficient than the immersion heater in that the resistive element is the water itself, which is the very thing that we require to be heated

Commonsense surely dictates that the resistive element in the immersion heater firstly has to get hot itself, then conduct this heat to its metal container before this heat then conducts to the surrounding water, whereas the Savic boiler will start heating the water instantly as the water is effectively the resistive element.  You don't think that the element of the immersion heater will partially act as a heatsink?

I wouldn't use the work heatsink however it would effect the heat transfer which relates to time and effect the final temperature to a small degree depending on the mass of water considered.

When and where have I argued that we can never get more out of a system even if external energy is considered?
Every time you assume nothing out of the ordinary could ever be happening in every device you critique, when you automatically discount all external forces as irrelevant then assume nothing out of the ordinary can ever occur. Isn't this what you do Farrah, tell us why nothing can ever work and that we are all basically delusional -- or am I missing something?.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Quote from: AllCanadian
-- or am I missing something?.

Yes.

You are missing some thing.

I agree with the need for actual experiments!

I took the attached photo today. It shows stainless steel vessels in various geometric shapes (including cylindrical and spherical) which I have begun using to test Davey sonic boiler concepts. Most of these shapes already have a small hole so that I can connect wires to the vessels as well as connecting them in various relationships. I have a number of nylon nuts and bolts and spacers for this purpose.

The parameter space is large! it will take me awhile, but I have begun the testing (see for instance, a test run earlier in this thread).

Group: Ambassador

The suspense is killin me!!
@Dumped
What did he miss?

@Steve
I see a couple ikeas [all cut up so nice]... a nice witts globe...

Yes, I grow quite anxious to experiment again!!
I was told to hold my horses on the ikea!![Patience is a virtue]

THX
Chet

Every time you assume nothing out of the ordinary could ever be happening in every device you critique, when you automatically discount all external forces as irrelevant then assume nothing out of the ordinary can ever occur. Isn't this what you do Farrah, tell us why nothing can ever work and that we are all basically delusional -- or am I missing something?.

Yes you are missing something. No skeptic assumes nothing out of the ordinary could ever be happening in every device. Your statement is an idea of believers, denigrating skeptics. I didn't read such a statement from Farrah. A skeptic assumes nothing out of the ordinary is happening in every device until evidence of the contrary is provided, and a skeptic says nothing out of the ordinary is happening in this particular device, because until now there is no experimental evidence, or an evidence was shown but discarded for reasons that the skeptic expressed, and there are conventional explanations from the known science for what is observed and is not extraordinary.

Are we now at that stage where everyone making these claims, quietly fades away into cyberspace, never to be heard from again, alas taking with them all the evidence to support their claims?  :'(

Believe it or not...

18 days and counting.... I rest my case your honour.

@farrah day

Yes this did not look hopefull from the start, but is there any need to gloat? If i had a feeling he was offering dis-information he would deserve in my opinion one of your venomous verbal kick-ins. As it happens he needed far more proof before announcing this device and it looks like just a waste of time as it stands, with no real harm done?

So what else do you do besides putting people down? How about splitting the water molecule, have you figured out how to create electrical stress across a waterbath? ....please tell us what you have been doing.

Rizla:

Somebody could have been electrocuted and died.  How would you feel then?

Whether it be a con artist or a nutcase getting people to jump through hoops playing with lethal electricity and water, challenging them for some rationale in what they are doing is a valid thing to do and a valid concern.

When the instructions presented by the person presenting the proposition look infantile and make no sense, what's wrong with pointing that out?  If someone was trying to teach you to drive a car and they gave you inconsistent and illogical instructions sometimes, would you accept that?

Sometimes it is legitimate to give people a hard time if they are going to do stupid and/or dangerous things for nothing.  You are not forcing them to stop, just strongly advising them.

The only thing left to this thread is the faint hope that Chet's friend will do a very impressive demo on video.

MileHigh

Milehigh only children should be told not to play with electricity, are you saying these people are children? Maybe a disclaimer should be placed on this site that they are not responsible for any deaths from anyone playing with electricity.

When anyone comes onto a site like this they are clearly not dealing with just mainstream science. If you are not aware of the suppression of science and technology through the holding of so many patents and the various means that have been used to end the careers of scientist and inventors then you will not understand why mainstream science offers no answers.

Tesla had his funding cut when he spoke of free energy and over half his patents held still to this day, that is censorship of science, the suppression of technology, thats what mainstream science is. As you research you will uncover more and more examples of censorship, mainstream science offers little hope of finding anything overunity becouse it is designed that way. You do not need to cut funding, withhold patents ect. if there is nothing to hide, the powers that should not be would not be bothered if you looked for something that could not be found.

Anyone who only thinks inside this mainstream science box will tend to drag down everyone else to there level, especially if they are intolerant to more forward thinking posts.

I am not saying its a open day for people who have a theory the atom is made of cheese, there is nothing wrong with challenging or pointing out something that makes no sense but when they do not understand the purpose of this site sometimes it`s neccessary to question there motivation for posting.

Milehigh only children should be told not to play with electricity, are you saying these people are children?

Too right! Rizla, you are one sad and deluded person if you think that many of these people 'playing' with electricity have more knowledge and common sense than children.  Of course it depends on education, but if the posts on the 'Peter Davey Sonic Boiler' thread over at EF are anything to go by, then electrocution is just an accident waiting to happen.

As strange as it may seem to some of you, I'm all about the science.

I can't abide by unscientific diatribe, from clueless idiots that never made it past infant school, trying to make out that they know something that other people, including scientists, do not.

I fully accept that I'm not the most accommodating of people when it comes to accepting people on face value, but let's be honest here, what we are most accustomed to seeing is flawed science, scam artists and charlatans.  And I’m not one to suffer fools gladly.

Rizla, if people like yourself have trouble seeing things the way I do, well then... tough shit! I always have and always will speak my mind and be true to myself.

Sterling Allan has no less than 18 articles relating to the now infamous Fast Freddy, 'I have a truck that runs just on water' still active on PESN. Fast Freddy, who we all now know to be a fraud and a con man, yet the articles are still there... why?  The same goes for Bob Boyce, someone who was made out to be a 'Water Fuel Cell' guru, but who in reality has never shown anything of consequence to anyone. These people are charlatans at best, scam merchants out to make a quick dollar at worst, yet Sterling treats them as best friends.

My field of expertise is electrolysis and the dissociation of the water molecule and I’m more qualified on this subject than anyone else I’ve ever conversed with, which is one reason why I knew Fast Freddy was talking utter bollocks from the get go. The likes of FF do not even understand Faradays Law of Electrolysis, yet at the same time they claim to be breaking it and hence are prepared too dismiss it out of hand as ‘out-dated!! These are the real bad guys here… not me!

And, unlike Fast Freddy, Boyce and others, I’ve never made fraudulent claims… do you see the difference? I doubt it!

You can be as accommodating and as nice to the charlatans and scam merchants as you wish - I'm sure they won't discriminate when they take your money!

And as for the suppression of science... do you really believe that any and all science that may benefit mankind gets shelved? That everyone gets bought off?  It’s always the same old cop-out... stopped by the MIB. Get real... your as bad as the people that think the moon landings are a conspiracy!

Grow up, and get a life!

Well done farrah day i have just read some research from one of your posts

"Sterling Allan has no less than 18 articles relating to the now infamous Fast Freddy"

So what is going on here? It does not look like simple scammers they are after money and make that clear.

I think i can see the victim and have a idea why.

Yes farrah day i agree there is something very wrong.

quote fd
"And, unlike Fast Freddy, Boyce and others, I’ve never made fraudulent claims… do you see the difference? I doubt it!"

No shit you dont say

ravvi, lawton, compton, boyce, bendini and a number of others all seem to be big names that have been around forever and offer no device with independent evaluation. Lawton built his device to try and replicate meyers demo cell in the 80`s. I can find nobody who has got ravvi, lawton or comptons cells working on a forum, just worthless youtube videos and the ravvi d14 doc seems to have no scientific basis whatsoever, a little strange for technology based on the lawton cell some 25 years old. So what you end up with is people going round in circles trying to  build something that will never work till they give up and get another hobby. While there doing that they are not trying to build something that can be made to work, geddit??

quote fd
"And as for the suppression of science... do you really believe that any and all science that may benefit mankind gets shelved? That everyone gets bought off?  It’s always the same old cop-out... stopped by the MIB. Get real... your as bad as the people that think the moon landings are a conspiracy!"

This is as bad as non scientific drivel, it really annoys me, no not all science that benefits mankind i am talking of anything that threatens the current energy supplys. It`s the main reason the patent system was set up, you build a overunity device, you put the patent in and they hold it under national security and buy your silence did you not bother to research before writeing your drivel. Dont want to sell out they assasinate you eg meyer. Dont put patents in? Look at wilhelm reich, his research was from a odd angle but he had harnessed free energy, they put him in prison confiscated his equipment took his books from the shops and burnt them described as one of the biggest censorships in american history. The more you research do the more you find but you never bothered to research did you?

If you look at meyer you failed to spot the obvious, the patents were released in 2007 and yet he died in 1998, patents take a maximum of two years to process then released into the public domain, so the logical question why would the american government hold onto patents of a fast freddy? Yet you were unable to work out if meyer was a FF or not even some 4 years after 2007. Can you work out why the patents were released in 2007?

I suppose they just forgot to release over half of tesla`s patents, do you even know what a genious the bloke was? Ever heard of HAARP?

You never even tried to answer my point about withheld patents, it was just a brushed off, there was no information in your head to draw from. I have worked out where you are comeing from, you are a bully.

Rizla, you like many others seem to only see what you want to see and then twist things - when did this become an issue about patents? Forget about the patents, think about the science.

There may well be some genuine people with genuine working devices out there, and that's great, it's not them that bother me. Dave Lawton is a good guy; he has never made wild claims and has always gone the extra mile in order to try to understand the science. It's the likes of Fast Freddy that are the real issue; not a clue what he is doing and no clue about the science. Clearly a con man, yet all this is rather conveniently overlooked by Sterling because it’s yet another story.

If you look at meyer you failed to spot the obvious, the patents were released in 2007 and yet he died in 1998, patents take a maximum of two years to process then released into the public domain, so the logical question why would the american government hold onto patents of a fast freddy? Yet you were unable to work out if meyer was a FF or not even some 4 years after 2007. Can you work out why the patents were released in 2007?

As far as I’m aware FF has no patents – why would he, he has never had a working device - and if he does have patents (Hydrostar??), they are worthless. And frankly I don’t give two hoots for the patents of Meyer, I’ve seen them and I’ve seen his lectures and you don’t need to be a genius to see that the guy was talking nonsense, making it up as he went along and hence clearly a charlatan - I don't think I've ever been more than clear in my views about that.

If I’m seen as a bully just because I come down hard on people out to make money from the naïve and gullible, then so be it! The gullible folk that fall for these scams probably deserve what they get, but at least I make an effort to highlight the issues and bring down the scams. And if not intentionally a scam, then at least I pursue the truth and stand up for real science.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-17, 12:04:07 by Farrah Day »

ok farrah day, your reply says you do not really wish to continue.

I have not twisted any facts, maybe some research is erroneous, it is not intenstional. My point of patent/science  was my second post and the main focus of what i am saying. You have not answered almost all most of my points, your brief mention of the patents talks mostly of fast freddy, i have made it clear in the sentence his name is used only as a reference to fraud. Your reply avoids the points i made.

If you can provide proof the lawton device increases LPM over normal hydrolysis by any usefull amount please do and i will have a re-think, or at least shed light on what his claims are. The d14 doc based on this technology is nonsense, i can not find a single replication on a forum that claims a working device.

Your persuit of science is fine. My point that science has been censored - unchallenged, you cannot say your twisting facts then run away.

quote fd

"If I’m seen as a bully just because I come down hard on people out to make money from the naïve and gullible, then so be it! The gullible folk that fall for these scams probably deserve what they get, but at least I make an effort to highlight the issues and bring down the scams. And if not intentionally a scam, then at least I pursue the truth and stand up for real science."

I agree this is good but it is not what you do on the whole. What you do is look for easy prey to give a verbal slap. One example is "wattsup" he posts a theory on the electron haveing no mass, you come along and give him a verbal slap quoteing mainstream science. "allcanadian" replys and you back off with no answer. Heres the point you suppress forward thinking with your verbal attacks, if science is censored and someone thinks outside of that box posts, you who thinks inside the box comes along to give them a verbal slap, so what does that do? suppress the range of thinking. Does that mean a field day for any bullshit ideas? No, but maybe the job of policing the quality of science presented needs to be proven on a forum like this, can you prove yourself? Can you help people on this forum progress with there research? Can you go up against the sharp minds you have on this forum? I can`t, i can chip in, i do not have enough indepth wide range knowledge to claim that position and i do not run this forum.

Fast freddy from your evidence and what i have found is connected with organized dis-information not a bunch of scammers after a quick buck. That is almost certainly your fast freddy connection,  Do you want to take this further?

Farrah day you have ignored what i have said on the whole, well pretty much the lot, thats ok you do not wish to discuss further. Do not ignore the points i have made and that includes the suppression of science if you wish to discuss further. All you are doing is molding the discussion into what you want by skipping points made by me.

Whatever, Rizla.

And yes, you're right in that I have neither the time nor the inclination to converse with you any further.

Quote from: rizla
If you can provide proof the lawton device increases LPM over normal hydrolysis by any usefull amount please do...

You may wish to verify the meaning
of "hydrolysis."

For some reason it is too often confused
with "electrolysis" as the mechanism
whereby Hydrogen and Oxygen are
liberated as the result of electrical current
flow.

You may wish to verify the meaning
of "hydrolysis."

For some reason it is too often confused
with "electrolysis" as the mechanism
whereby Hydrogen and Oxygen are
liberated as the result of electrical current
flow.

Only by people like Rizla who don't have a clue what they are talking about. ;)

@dumped

Thats correct i used the wrong word i know the difference it`s just a bad habit, did spell it correctly on the plus side.

@farrah day

Thats what you do best farrah day, cheap comments to score points.

I was going to point out that allcanadian told you the electron can give the appearance of haveing no mass makeing you only 50% correct with what you said. But you declined his offer of debate to sort it out and  ran away like you always do.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-19, 06:30:27 by rizla »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 20:38:30