PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 16:54:25
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LK-99 Worlds first room-temperature ambient-pressure superconductor  (Read 3313 times)
Group: Restricted

Group: Tinkerer

From this bloke.
https://twitter.com/Andercot/status/1687471084659265536

Three more replications of diamagnetism in LK-99

A re-cap of who they are and where to find them:

@andrewmccalip
 working out of the
@VardaSpace

laboratories has replicated the apparent diamagnetic properties of LK-99 in the video attached. He did so following the recipe originally published by the Korean team using tools like a blowtorch and oven. Here you can see a fuller clip he has uploaded to youtube and also posted to his twitter / X account: https://youtube.com/watch?v=K7jk7r-t66U&ab_channel=AndrewMcCalip

@szacilow
 in Poland has also claimed replication of diamagnetic properties although a write-up is forthcoming, see photo in the comments.

A team of Hao Wu, Li Yang, Bichen Xiao, Haixin Chang at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology have claimed successful replication of diamagnetism in a sample of LK-99 with a more extended write-up which is available on arxiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/2308.01516, with photos attached in comments below.

This comes in addition to the first reported replication of diamagnetism which to the best of my knowledge belongs to
@iris_IGB
 , in addition to now several others at Chinese research universities.

~~~~~~~~

An emerging interpretation of this physical phenomenon of partial levitation is that the superconducting pathways inside the material are one-dimensional, and so do not fully support levitation in all three dimensions.

Normally in a Type-II superconductor current can flow and be conducted internally in different directions however the magnetic field might induce it, as well as trap or pin magnetic flux lines internally, thus the Meissner effect might be considered the combination of several phenomenon and properties at once.   

Notably, replications of this partial levitation / diamagnetism have been accompanied with photos of it NOT being attracted to a magnet, showing that this is not simply a magnetized flake of material.

The speed and ease of replicating the diamagnetism of LK-99 is profound - normally in preparing these materials there is an extensive amount of artisinal expertise and practical know-how required to get the recipe just right.

Things are definitely getting interesting here folks

Sorry - this one's probably better for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconductivity

Or a simpler one:

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/113.web.stuff/travis/what_is.html

With respect to (so called) Tesla Hair Pin:

https://waveguide.blog/brief-history-tesla-hairpin-circuit-stout-copper-bars/

What about this: “In the period 2002 - 2005 it was found that, if 'free' electrons are being oscillated through very thin conductors at higher frequencies, they lose much of their ohmic resistance in said conductors and connected circuits. If said conductors with "free" electrons, which have almost no ohmic resistance, are located in a primary permanent-magnetic field, in which the lines of force are parallel to said conductors, then the primary permanent-magnetic fields are capable, per each oscillation, from the southern direction, to exercise a driving force to said 'free' electrons that simultaneously with the oscillations, a directed flow is being produced.” Quote from patent NL1033157 posted on this forum

Unless we are looking for a new mean of travel/transport we have a superconductor fairly simple described and not difficult to replicate. And this phenomena can be observed in Tesla, Don Smith, Kapanadze etc.
In my opinion research for a superconductor at room temperature it is indeed a very high aim, but we have superconductors that work fine at 0 degree Kelvin where transport technologies for travelling in cosmic space is required and there is a lot of advancement done since Russia started artificial orbital station, although all other countries that joined the program later are in possession of such tech.

Group: Ambassador

MIT super capacitor discovery
https://news.mit.edu/2023/mit-engineers-create-supercapacitor-ancient-materials-0731
From “ancient materials”?

Edit for comment below

Huh?
Persons who build and do FE research could directly benefit from such an inexpensive superconductive paste
Which can supposedly be formed into any shape or size ..

Hopefully more info will be forthcoming..

« Last Edit: 2023-08-21, 19:53:51 by Chet K »

MIT super capacitor discovery
https://news.mit.edu/2023/mit-engineers-create-supercapacitor-ancient-materials-0731
From “ancient materials”?
Yeah, another way to keep unnecessary grids going, when we are surrounded by energy and we just need to tap into it.

Although it might make sense for small grid where small communities dump excess energy from their home for public night lights or whatever.

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Yeah, another way to keep unnecessary grids going, when we are surrounded by energy and we just need to tap into it.

Although it might make sense for small grid where small communities dump excess energy from their home for public night lights or whatever.
Ask your self first what is energy and am i trowing it a way and is it truly dead on arrival wen used, so why does it have to go back where it came from ?

Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

I wonder if there is any update, or might be, as we have seen many labs racing to prove or disprove. Are we going to hear anything ever ?
« Last Edit: 2023-09-29, 19:29:27 by Classic »

Group: Professor

This is really interesting … why do we need zero current in a wire ? I mean, is it right …  … yet I=0 as I/0=0 as per I=V/R
It is not right.  Mathematically, when the resistance is zero (R=0) and any voltage is present (V>0), then according to Ohm's (V/R=i), the current reaches an infinite value, ( V/0=∞ ).
Physically, this is nonsense. The current in a shorted superconducting coil does not reach an infinite value.  Instead, it reaches only such value as to generate such magnetic flux as to counterbalance any attempted change of flux penetrating the loop.  Thus the total magnetic flux penetrating a shorted superconductive loop never changes.  This should have been formulated as a quantitative Lenz Law, but it never was formalized.

The confusion stems from Faraday's law of induction, that states that there is a voltage ( a.k.a.: electromotive force, EMF or ℰ ) induced across an open loop which is proportional to the rate of change of flux that penetrates it ℰ=-dΦ/dt.  In a resistive loop the current flowing in it can be calculated according to the Ohm's law as ℰ/R=i.
In a shorted superconducting loop there is no place to measure that voltage (emf ℰ), so it stops being a practical quantity.  Dividing by zero does not help either.
« Last Edit: 2023-10-23, 13:24:31 by verpies »

So, zero=infinite now ?  :D

Anyway, from where we had thousands of lab around the world eager to replicate we still have no news about LK99 …. But we know for sure that the other CuPb superconductor at room temp is a fake  … I don’t know if we can laugh or cry

So, zero=infinite now ?  :D
They are reciprocals.
That is the nature of division - zero dividend results in an infinite quotient. Actually it is an error to divide by zero.

So, with other words we are going to apply laws of physics only when is convenient or we have to admit that they are not valid always

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
dn't the petshop boys make and publish a track called 'Divide by zero'! wierd.

So when is a battery a magnet, when you stick it over a compass, try it some time it works
perhaps Itsu can test it with out it's metal over coat on. Proof Electricity is more than a potential of voltage.

PS never trust adverts or politicians or scientists it's the mushroom effect we are kept in the dark and we are fed bull shit! And that’s the only truth

Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Seems wrong, doesn't.
The Faraday's law of induction ℰ=-dΦ/dt also fails for quickly varying fields and that is why it was supplanted by Faraday-Maxwell's equation. BTW: The minus sign represents the famous Lenz's law, which is only a qualitative law (a serious deficiency).

The equation i=(-dΦ/dt)/R, which is the composite of Farady's Law and Ohm's law is an example of mathematical correctness and conceptual failure.

I prefer to use another one in my analysis of this, namely:  i=-ΔΦ/L which stems from the definition of inductance (how much flux you get from each Amp of current).
Also, I like to think of resistance as continuous dissipation of this current as heat, at the rate P=i2R which seems conceptually corect.

PS never trust adverts or politicians or scientists it's the mushroom effect we are kept in the dark and we are fed bull shit! And that’s the only truth
It's also important not to throw away the baby with the bath water.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 16:54:25