PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-27, 12:23:23
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: what is electrical current ?  (Read 37218 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
I checked after a good nap. I still understand GK's post  :o

I smell a degree in general physics or psychology. I'm not sure which. Multiplicity via Google translate?

Maybe I won't cut my medication in half  ;D

Good: 'Our lot in life is to learn and to be hurled into inconceivable new worlds'.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39121161/Secondary-Electron-Emission-by-Bruce-Darrow-Gaither

Pick a spot, any spot in the spectrum wasteland and make a kingdom from it...
« Last Edit: 2011-06-04, 00:12:14 by giantkiller »

---------------------------

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
"Why" does a changing magnetic field induce a current in a conductor?

"Why" is a current induced in a conductor moving in a magnetic field?

In other words: Why does magnetic induction occur at all?

(We have touched on this several times before, but I don't think we have a good answer, yet.)

tExB=qr
If you want OU, you have to ask the hard questions.

Here is one that has always bothered me:

Why is the magnetic field around a conductor circular?  Circular?  How can that be?  Try arranging magnets to make a circular field like that around a wire.

Group: Guest
GK,

That spectrum chart is a wonderful piece of art. Thanks for sharing it.

It reminds me of one hanging on our classroom wall. It was a complete circle and looked so much like the one you posted. It must have been made by the same folks.

Recently, EMDevices stirred some old memories from that time. I'm really surprised any of my brain cells or the memories survived from that era.

Many of my comrades didn't. Not that they are missing much. There were no conservatives allowed in those ranks. Maybe the MIB masters knew none of us should be allowed to rise as a political power?

Grumpy,

"Why" does a changing magnetic field induce a current in a conductor?

"Why" is a current induced in a conductor moving in a magnetic field?

In other words: Why does magnetic induction occur at all?

Those are the best questions and the most important to answer.

My answer will not solve any great mysteries but it is the most correct and the only answer according to my former teachers.

The answer is either 'momentum', acceleration' or both.

The most simple explanation is to look to the work of Lorentz on changes of moving point charge in a static magnetic field. Then look for recent discoveries covering circular polarized charges and light effecting magnetic fields.

No matter how we ask the question it boils down to one or more of those roughly 20 basic known facts in physics. None of which have anything more than empirical evidence of their value or existence.

So, it boils down to this... all of physics is based upon roughly 20 empirically (only) known facts with not one reasonable explanation for any one of them. Physics seeks to explain the unknown while it's basis is the unknown. The perfect circular logic.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
@WW,
Thats is the chart from Don Smith's videos.

So, it boils down to this... all of physics is based upon roughly 20 empirically (only) known facts with not one reasonable explanation for any one of them. Physics seeks to explain the unknown while it's basis is the unknown. The perfect circular logic.

Sound like a perfect opportunity to break the laws and rewrite the book.

And remember: There is always someone up and coming. Scroll down th ethe video fo th echimpanzee and the AK47. Its not about the firing of a gun but watch the arrogance of the supressor.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2016793/Rise-Planet-Apes-Chimps-really-shoot-guns-like-new-film-trailer.html

---------------------------

tExB=qr
Well, I have just determined that the circular magneic field around a conductor is "azimuthal polarization of virtual electron-positron pairs" or you could just say aether polarization, or vacuum polarization, but this is rather general.  By saying it is little dipoles lined up in a circle, you imply the handedness, the vector of the magnetic field.  They must align and couple with some amazing force.  Could also be little vortices.

Should be able to get a much better view of momentum transfer now, and why magnetic fields to not beget OU.  However they are vector forces and hence useful.

I have officially taken the red pill and crawled into the "rabbit hole".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-27, 12:23:23