PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 21:29:47
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Author Topic: TinMans reserch and experiments into free energy devices.  (Read 184278 times)
Group: Elite Experimentalist

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Have just watched the fail vid.
Say, if you stick that rotor in the freezer for a while, the glue should peel right off. It's rubbish at sticking when cold :)

---------------------------
ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Group: Tinkerer

Sorry I'm spending my time by re watching your vids

Group: Professor

7/31:
Aint that a hoot.
And yet the guru's(like MileHigh) will tell you that a PM will make no difference to the output power in a transformer setup.
Nice find Mark O0. Make sure you dont just file that find at the back of the shelf-->work out how and why the coil only produces power while under the magnet.

This is a curious effect!

Good to hear from you!  I'm back also from long travels... .  Getting my bench warmed up lol...

Group: Guest
MileHigh is mostly right about magnets... for certain values of "right".   >:-)

I was using biasing magnets on my Orbette core-effect motor back in 2012; they went onto the _far_ ends of the toroidally wound ferrite "beads" I used for the drive coils. They work in that case by partially pre-saturating the cores, so that it only takes a small current in the windings to drive the core into full saturation.

Man that fail vid had me laughing from the opening frame. Talk about dramatic irony. Hot glue being my most sophisticated fixing material I am all too familiar with it's failings which usually results in finger burns or flying neos. Even eddy currents are enough to get it to melting point.

Btw Im headin to US in a couple of weeks. Vegas first for a conf I'm speaking at then maybe SF LA & NY. ANyone around love to catch up. Trying to setup a time to meet with Russ as well.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Aren't you a promotions type of person ? Why is the conference name and subject not included in your post ? LOL
It could be an idea to start a topic on your Bench area or wherever....to get the arrangements routed for the time frame.

Would be great Jim, i'd sink a couple of tinnies with ya !
Am out in the backwaters though compared to your itinerary, Oklahoma.
However, Vegas to Tulsa Intl, flight change of a few hours to go to a bar, hop up to NY and it would then be just a dogleg :)

Group: Ambassador

Jim
Sure,
 if you come into NYC I'll Knock down a few magnums with yah...

http://www.magnumicecream.com/products/

[if I'm around].

Aren't you a promotions type of person ? Why is the conference name and subject not included in your post ? LOL
It could be an idea to start a topic on your Bench area or wherever....to get the arrangements routed for the time frame.

Would be great Jim, i'd sink a couple of tinnies with ya !
Am out in the backwaters though compared to your itinerary, Oklahoma.
However, Vegas to Tulsa Intl, flight change of a few hours to go to a bar, hop up to NY and it would then be just a dogleg :)
Hahaha cos I'm polite! But here it is anyway. http://www.thinkglobalretail.com/ The trip is going to curtail my build time severely! Sadly I dont think I'll make it to OK this trip.

Jim
Sure,
 if you come into NYC I'll Knock down a few magnums with yah...

http://www.magnumicecream.com/products/

[if I'm around].

I'll hit you up when I know where I'll be. I havent planned anything really after vegas, except my wife needs to be in SF for a silversmithing workshop.

So what did we think of Brad's 3d Transformer. ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRchA2g6a4

Here's his post at OU.

"OK,i left the first two parts out of the video-long and boring.
The core i made from cast iron powder,and set with two pack epoxy.
The primary and secondary are wound together(1:1) at 1 layer each dimension.

I carried out some further experiments,but will leave them for another day-as it is late here.
But the results i am getting are like no other transformer i have tested so far.

Further updates to come."

I'm looking forward to the light test

Group: Guest
So what did we think of Brad's 3d Transformer. ?

See what he's doing there right?

Off the wall ideas, way off the beaten path.  This is the way to finding what we want.

Many thanks Brad!

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
What do we think of it ?
Can he slow down please !
and..wow...that's cool  :o

Nice idea and very different.
Maybe the SWES or even a JT are similar. Depends on connections, if a bifilar coil (in essence), transistor, the 1 wire output etc. BUT, he's using much less amperage :)
In fact, thinking about it, this should be able to run without a sig gen.
I'm liking the low power side of it.....

Cube building this evening.
Time to go outside, with a piece of ferrite from a TV yoke in a plastic bag and a hammer  >:-)

Update:
The pic seems to show a half assed cube and large ferrite pieces. However, it's really a half assed cube and large ferrite pieces.

« Last Edit: 2015-08-03, 03:32:39 by Slider2732 »

Update:
The pic seems to show a half assed cube and large ferrite pieces. However, it's really a half assed cube and large ferrite pieces.

LOL! I'll be interested to see the results.

Buy me some coffee
Man things travel fast from youtube to forums.
I wasnt even going to post it on forums just yet, as I have only spent an hour on it, but some one else started a thread on it at OU.

I am going to rewind the cube tonight with just a single wire, and have a good look at the inductive spike, as something seems amiss there-it looks to be ass about to what it should be.

Anyway-it was just a crazy idea from some time ago, and I needed a break from winding motors, so I thought-what the hell.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
It's a good what the hell, am enjoying this !

And here you go Jim, some results :)

While we don't know the wire up of TinMan's creation I took some liberties.
Biggest liberty was to wind it bifilar...32AWG and 28AWG.
30 turns, single layer x 2 directions.
End of 1 of the 28AWG to the other winding direction start 28AWG. Both of those go to positive power input.
The other ends go to transistor Base and Collector.
Then one of the 32AWG's from positive power to the Base of the 2N3904 transistor.
A 100ohm resistor is in series before both wires get to the Base. It will work with no resistor, but drew 150mA.
Now, it's much lower at around 70mA, which is still too high - but here are the features:
Runs well on a 1.5V AAA
Uses only a transistor and the cube (resistor for lower current)
It self starts
Has wireless output
The spare 32AWG wire can run a green LED brightly off the pickup energy.

Sorry about the dirty hands, ferrite isn't very clean stuff when it's been under the hammer.

Well that is interesting. Do you plan on doing the third direction?

It's cos you're a celeb Brad.  ;D

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
This guy Alvaro_cs seems to have been working on a similar idea back in 2011, but using a ferro fluid core. I'm sure many types of ferrous material can be tried if you have the time.

http://overunity.com/6123/joule-thief/msg305125/#msg305125

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

I thought this video might be helpful in this discussion. http://youtu.be/fRz_-2xYuEY

Group: Professor

This guy Alvaro_cs seems to have been working on a similar idea back in 2011, but using a ferro fluid core.
You should post about this on
http://overunity.com/15935/3-dimensional-transformer/msg458066/

While you're at it, you may want to link this relevant document, too.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
You should post about this on
http://overunity.com/15935/3-dimensional-transformer/msg458066/

While you're at it, you may want to link this relevant document, too.

That's where I got the info, as Alvaro_cs himself posted it there. You can post the pdf's there as they are your research findings.

Regards, ION
« Last Edit: 2015-08-03, 16:11:34 by ION »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
The point though, was that induction to the air coil only happens when it is placed exactly under the single motor magnet and nowhere else.

Slider,

I wasn't able to discern exactly what you meant. Could you elaborate?

Thanks.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Sure Poynt.
No matter where I tried to get some induction, beyond a paltry 0.1V or 0.2V, it was only when the coil was put directly under the magnet that things radically changed. Anywhere else brought what would be expected of 100 turns of fine gauge air core coil. But, adding ferrite in or behind the coil didn't do much for improvement. Sure, I used a random piece of ferrite and have no idea of its permeability rating for example, but only when under the magnet did the circuit fire up and strong light come from the LED.
Adding thin slice neo's under the armature, to better simulate a DC motor construction didn't have the desired effect. Those magnets have been found to need 16 of them to equate to 1 stock one from the motor. As such, the 4 or 5 under the motor didn't affect running and with the coil over those, the induction was unchanged, no good. 

Jim - What 3rd direction ?  :D
So I wound the 3rd direction  C.C
Now it has 1 wire capability from those 2 bifilar wires connected together as 1 (same as single filar of course). Other end to the Collector.
I found that holding the battery, it would do the 1 wire, but my body was already in the circuit, holding the battery.
Swapped to an AV plug and neo's to hold the battery.

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Thanks.

So to  make sure I'm understanding correctly, you have a DC motor with PM stators. Using an air-core coil you search for the best induced voltage and find that it is highest when placed between the rotor and PM?

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Yep, that seems to be it :)
There is some confusing terminology, partly my fault, partly criss crossing from AC to DC motors by many.
The armature is a regular wound DC type, but of 5 overlapping coils, similar in construction to that of a universal motor.
There is only 1 magnet, sitting at the top and although it sticks to the galvanized steel plate (the metal over the top) it is glued, in case of armature attraction/bumping etc.
The coil then sits under the magnet, the armature sits below that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 21:29:47