PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 13:41:12
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Z axis TPU  (Read 6039 times)
Group: Guest
TPU Clue:

I happen to be working on a device for another project that has a disk that can both rotate on its Z axis and vibrate ( stroke ) on its Z axis. Both of these cycles are variable.

So.... I decided to do a little of my own after hours testing on the washboard effect.

With the device spinning on a calibrated surface, pushing the base of the device in one direction with the end of a digital force gauge, I could not get any washboard effect.

Picking the device up and tilting produced gyroscopic effect.

With the device vibrating on a calibrated surface, pushing the base of the device in one direction with the end of a digital force gauge, I could get noticeable washboard effect.

Picking the device up and tilting produced gyroscopic effect.

My theory is the motion in the TPU is in the Z axis.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
My theory is the motion in the TPU is in the Z axis.

"motion" of what?

Group: Guest
Well that is the question..

In the video when he sets the TPU down edgewise it has a very small contact patch with the large free surface area of the glass and there is a very distinct screetch around 6khz.

If the motion was in the Z axis at 6khz then it would resonate aginst the glass as it made contact turning the table top into a speaker. I think it did.

The distance traveled in the Z axis at 6khz would be hard to perceive but take a ring of a few turns of bailing wire, hot glue it to a speaker cone near the outer surround, feed it a 6khz signal and you will feel a slight vibration, gyroscopic resistance, and if lucky a little washboard across a calibrated surface.

I would assume three coils with two " near " the same frequency and one out of phase " at any given moment " will give you this motion in the Z

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 13:41:12