PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 21:00:10
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter  (Read 145376 times)

Many think that the Magnifier is spraying energy all around and that it must be wasted, but Tesla specifically sought to avoid this, and I believe he achieved this in that his system requires both sides, transmitter and receiver, for the conduction currents to manifest.  How genius!  No work is done without both sides, and the current would adjust with the load.  Amazing! 

Of course, it's still rather impractical.  I mean, why transmit electricity when you can just generate it?  You could sell or lease the receivers, but once someone knows how to make one, then everyone has one.

This is not to say that any of this energy is "free".  Free if you steal it, but not free to generate at the transmitter.

Very true. I will give you the answer. The ONLY purpose of transmit energy is ...to collect EXTERNAL energy. But I think you knew that already, in many TPU threads it was said many times....

Why we all cannot catch the simple idea : Earth magnetic field is not weak and is not static ! Any disturbance in our generated magnetic field is a cause for electric current but must also disturb ambient background = Earth magnetic field... besides gravity and magnetism are the effects of the same energy flow, only the medium is different...

Group: Guest
Not only it is necessary, but there is no other way to explain the observations.
If you try to explain and modelize a current with longitudinal waves only, you will fail, or you will be a new Maxwell if you succeed but I ask for the math.   :)
I did not do that, why try to make it look like I did ?

The question was asked by Maxwell a century ago. Ground currents are not a sufficient explanation but an epiphenomenon. If people pretend that observations don't fit  Maxwell's electromagnetism, could they or you specifically clarify which?
I did not do that why did you try to make it look like I did ?

You can say it is ground currents or it is an operation of the holy spirit, it doesn't change anything: "ground current" remain void words until you qualify operationnally your ground current, how it flows and how it can be at the origin of an effect from one circuit upon the other, with a quantified analysis to support this affirmation. Then you should explain why you need this theory of ground currents to explain a particular case when a more general theory perfectly fits the Tesla's observations and much more: that one from Maxwell. Resonant circuits can couple at a distance when they share, at least partly, a field and this field is the result of a current of charges going back and forth. In far space we could replace the ground by an indentical capacitance at each end of the coils and get the same effect with no ground (even in the lab it's feasible).

Are you saying there are no ground currents ?

Tesla's "Magnifying" Transmitter without ground:    :)

You mean Tesla transmitter and receiver without ground.

Cheers

[/quote]

Ground currents IMHO are not ground currents. They are the same as Tesla put in upper stratosphere. The only difference is the medium : in deep ground it behaves as Tesla described as a polished metal ball while the air is a gaseous medium of high resistance. Btw resistance is the big mystery which should be solved quickly to get the whole picture of wireless energy transfer.

In both cases however my intuition points me to explanation very straightforward and easy yet profound and hard to accept by many. All the radio waves we are using today are longitudinal waves in magnetic field around us , and this is exactly what Tesla wanted to use to pass energy - Earth magnetosphere. That's why he stated that beside the air there is a second medium.

By "ground currents" I mean nothing exotic, all I mean is currents that use the ground as a conductor.

It would seem obvious to me that the antenna/air terminal is not designed to radiate EM waves or Hertz waves.
It seems it is designed to suppress them as Tesla states and by doing so the currents into the ground are increased, as they must be, because if less energy is dissipated from the antenna then more is put into the earth as "activity",
by way of the current from the ground plate of the transmitter.

If the device actually did resonate the planet then the entire system would act as a "tank", and any receiver connected to the Earth could tap the energy in the tank.

The oscillations in the receiver (and transmitter) are made possible because of return displacement currents from the air terminal, both to the atmosphere and the earth.

I can't be sure but I don't think any of that goes against the accepted laws of whatever.

Cheers

Fair enough, I disagree. End of story for me. No point to any argument.

You have an opinion, I have arguments. I gave arguments, and I stated them clearly. They follow from the common human knowledge in electromagnetism. If you don't understand the point, it's your problem, not mine.
Normally an opinion is a result of thoughts founding a conclusion about a problem, it's not just a reformulation of patent claims, supporting them with fuzzy words, with explanations that are science incompatible, and with a complete lack of experiments able to confirm them and to dismiss conventional electromagnetism.

If the device actually did resonate the planet then the entire system would act as a "tank", and any receiver connected to the Earth could tap the energy in the tank.

Certainly not. With a LC tower above the ground, the ground creates an image of the charges and so plays the role of another capacitance that balances the upper terminal capacity for the charges to go back and forth, otherwise they can't. A LC circuit with one end of the coil that is not connected, doesn't work, but with two terminal capacities, it works. We have the same principle with a vertical quarter-wave antenna above the ground: it is like a vertical half-wave dipole without ground. So for the "earth tank" to be used as a full tank, we would need another tank of same capacity, i.e. around 710µF which means in terms of spherical capacity, a conductor sphere of about the same diameter as the earth. A coil between the moon and the earth could work but I think we have not yet the technology...

Of course, it's still rather impractical.  I mean, why transmit electricity when you can just generate it?
Remember that Dr. Tesla was interested in fuelless generation of electricity. That is accomplished at Niagara Falls and all other hydroelectric plants by harnessing gravity via the falling water. Of course that is geographically limited to places where there are waterfalls.

So the point of economically distributing power is to generate it where it can be cheaply generated (hydroelectric, geothermal, solar array, or near a source of fuel such as coal, oil, gas etc. so the fuel doesn't need to be transported to the generating plant) and then transmitting the generated electricity to where it is needed. He stated this in either a patent or an interview that I can't locate right now.

Another potential benefit of his transmission system is that electrical power may be obtained in remote locations where it is not economically profitable to build and maintain transmission lines such as the northern regions of Canada, the Australian outback, the depths of Africa, Siberia, etc. Keep in mind that very little of the planet was accessible in his day. There were no pipe lines or airplanes or petrochemical fuels. Railroad engines and ships were powered by coal and only a few cities even had electrical systems.

Quote from: Grumpy
You could sell or lease the receivers, but once someone knows how to make one, then everyone has one.
Tesla has several patents that concern the individualization and noninterference off transmitted signals (US 685,953-685,956, US 723,188, and some foreign patents - if I remember correctly, British and German). Keep in mind that the receiver had to be be tuned to a specific pattern of transmission pulses to work. I don't see why those same methods couldn't be applied to power transmission. He was always talking about transmitting industrial scale power, i.e. enough to light a city.  It would then be distributed from the receiver via wire to the individual users.

This individualization somewhat negates the argument that it would be "free" electricity because it gave him the ability to shut off the receiver by ceasing to transmit that particular pattern of pulses should the customer not pay. He could also measure consumption at the point of origin since the transmitter required only a small amount of power to maintain operation while increased demand required increased generation at the transmitter.

Quote from: Grumpy
This is not to say that any of this energy is "free".  Free if you steal it, but not free to generate at the transmitter.
Keep in mind the industrial scale of the transmitted power. It wouldn't be easy for an individual to build a receiver of that scale while cities and/or large corporations could undertake the endeavor and then bill their consumers. And, again, he could always shut it off for nonpayment.

Personally, I don't think he ever had any intention of transmitting free electricity. I saw a quote somewhere that he said (I'm paraphrasing) that the reward for a development should be equal to the effort expended in achieving it. He was also aware of the huge amounts of capital necessary to build the transmitters and was quite aware that he could not hope to raise those capital investments without returning a profit.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Tesla later stated, in an interview with his attorney at the time, that the efficiency of the magnifier system was 93% to 95%.

"Free Energy" is not a feature and attention should be focused on "how" the energy is moved, as that is the novel feature of the system.

I don't have the graphics skills to do this in 3D or to show the constructive interference but there are links in the attached documents that can explain the idea with a little imagination.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 21:00:10