PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 04:25:51
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bifilar capacitor  (Read 18064 times)

Hello All,

An idea has been floating in my head and I thought I share it with all of you.

I look forward to your comments:

@MasterBlaster

I have never read that second quote from Tesla but it is so great to read it because this is smack dab right into my own general theory of the how matter works. If you are interested you can get a copy of my pdf file here;

http://purco.qc.ca/ftp/Wattsups%27%20stuff/theoreticals/

This is the basis of how I see energy, electricity, matter.

Now about your thread title Bifilar Capacitor, please note that the Tesla Symbol B in your pdf is not a bifilar capacitor sign but a standard capacitor sign. Technically, I do not see how you can make a bifilar capacitor since if one end is then put into series with the other end to make it bifilar, you no longer need the dielectric since you just made a continuous conductor.

All the best.

wattsup

---------------------------

Group: Guest
The layering you show in that fine document is how almost all caps are made, already.

Building one can be very interesting. You should experiment with more dielectrics than food wrap. I've found that waxed paper works pretty well.

I suggest that you cut your dielectric sheets a bit larger than the conductive sheets. The extra dielectric helps prevent arcing between plates. If you use waxed paper you can use a household clothes iron to smooth it all out and minimize pockets of air.

Look into Moebius capacitors for fun.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear MasterBlaster.

I made a 3 plate capacitor using Aluminium kitchen foil and lamination pouches. They have quite a high dielectric voltage threshold. I was able to take the plates up to 10 Kv !!

The downside was that the capacitance changed quite a lot as a loose item but I could probably have stabilised that by firmly fixing to a former.

BTW an A4 size pouch provides about 8 N farad.

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Another way to get good dielectric material is if you have a defective flat computer screen.
Take it apart and you will see all the great materials in flat sheet form.

wattsup

Look into Moebius capacitors for fun.
When designing them, don't forget that the mobius strip has only one surface.

Group: Guest
When designing them, don't forget that the mobius strip has only one surface.

Yes, a moebius capacitor requires at least two strips.

Many moebius resistors also have two strips with the resistance material layered between them.
I've seen a few combinations of resistor and capacitor using the same design.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I will be putting a test device together soon and will report back with the results.

@Masterblaster
Electrostatics is probably the least understood field of research which I believe has the most potential. As well there are a few common mistakes most people make in regards to the phenomena of electrostatic induction. ie..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrostatic_induction.

If you want to understand capacitors the first thing I would do is throw every textbook which uses the term "electricity" out the window and find literature specific to electrostatics. I like this book by A.D.Moore and have it in the nightstand next to my bed ;)--http://www.amazon.ca/Electrostatics-Exploring-Controlling-Electricity-Includes/dp/1885540043. After you read this book you will probably find as I have that the conventional explanations are so generalized that they are basically meaningless.

The other two books next to my bed are:
"The Inventions, Researches and Writings of Nikola Tesla"
"The Energy Evolution" by Viktor Schauberger and Callum Coats
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 04:25:51