PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 16:50:15
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: We should talk about negative friction.  (Read 2216 times)

I don't know.

Ah I was starting to think I was talking to myself and going crazy  ;D.

Well friction is when two surfaces meet and apply a sliding or rolling force on to each other. But even here you can split them up in linear v. linear and linear v. non-linear friction. With the latter, the most basic shapes that do this is a "line" and a "circle". But rolling friction is very special, in order for the circle to roll over the "line" and apply friction, a part of it needs to be "flat" with the line (or ground) otherwise nothing happens. This is the beauty of the invention of the wheel. Mathematically this "linear" part of the circle can be infinitesimally small as to become the very tangent of the circle itself meaning you can arbitrary reduce friction until there is little to no energy loss. BUT even at this infinitesimal contact point, these two objects can interact but there is little to no energy "lost" in the interaction exchange. And by interaction I mean (linear and angular) momentum transfer.

This is a very unique aspect to rolling friction. And at the very nature of how something linear (the ground) interacts with something non-linear (the circle) through friction with little to no losses. Whereas regular sliding friction is the interaction of two "like" things (linear v. linear) which produces significant amount of losses when they interact (aka transfer momentum) as "heat", for example current in a wire. But no such thing is produced with linear v. non-linear friction regardless of the force they are pressed on to each other even though they clearly interact through this rolling "friction" or what I call "negative friction".

Again highlighting the importance linear v. non-linear interactions and their exchange in momentum and energy.

So here is the next question. What is the equivalent of linear and non-linear forces in electromagnetism. And can we use this knowledge of a "circle rolling on a line" to do something with it? Perhaps even build an entire universe.

Attached are some interesting art pieces of what happens when you allow circles and lines to interact through friction. Makes you stop in ahw and wonder about this whole linear v non-linear universe we live in. "Free" energy becomes an afterthought however we still live in a material world so one must be built.

These "cesspool" inhabitants seemed to also have been onto something some 20 years ago: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/2227843_Recycling_the_universe_using_scalar_fields

That should be plenty enough to kickstart those cycloids in your minds, for now.

In the past I always disliked how so called people with "knowledge" led people on for ages, talking in riddles, never really showing or revealing anything meaningful besides their delusional rants or theories that haunted their minds. Trust me that is not what I am doing here. However pace and timing are key to everything.

However this is a forum of freely sharing and experimenting with ideas and I have always shared mine in the past free of esotheric nonsense. So lets take a small break from the floaty stuff. Who is up for an experiment with lines and circles?

Attached is such experiment anyone care to predict or even better curious enough to build and show what such thing does? I sure am curious.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
A ‘ drum ‘ shaped magnet can be easily made by inserting a Square magnet inside a close fitting Steel tube….  O0

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

A ‘ drum ‘ shaped magnet can be easily made by inserting a Square magnet inside a close fitting Steel tube….  O0

Shhh let the students think for themselves too  ;D

Ok lets do some dirty work in FEMM. Given a magnet rolling over such array, lets see what it spits out.

First we see a constant torque which is exciting, but we also see a constant linear force pushing the same magnet back on its center axle opposing the torque, thus preventing rolling from happening and ends up in a stale mate. The mechanical work input and output are exactly the same.

Oh boy, that's it then, time to pack our bags and leave the delusional party, the jig is up, time to get back to the mundane meaningless life of flipping the proverbial burger to survive.

Sure would be nice if we could somehow eliminate one of both but I guess such a feat is impossible...right?

This crackpot is going away for a short break, perhaps someone in class smarter than the idiot of a teacher can find something to save this desperate idea. Only time will tell.
« Last Edit: 2024-04-10, 09:09:51 by broli »

Looks like the break has to be postponed for a bit as this crackpots time is ticking. Time is the only limited resource in the universe, not oil, not money but time. In fact I predict that time will even become the currency of the future, how that will work I leave for a different time or others to figure out.

So I hope people can keep up with the increased pace as things are about to accelerate and become a bit more advanced, acceleration is what makes things interesting too  ;D. However let me start with structuring the lessons from now on and a recap so things are not all over the place. I also hope the previous remarks and experiment are not ignored either. Sadly I will be skipping over things due this time limit in the hope my monkey brain can trigger smarter monkey brains to fill in the gaps.

So recap time, here we go.

Lesson 1: Friction

We know friction as something that produces heat, energy losses, decay, disorder or as the physicist would say "entropy". However when there is a positive there also should be a negative in nature. Therefore negative entropy or rather negative friction must also exist.

Lesson 2: Lines and Circles

Lines and circles representing two completely opposing ideas, one always straight and the other forever circular. The argument is that these two "things" are akin to the lego building blocks of the universe. Almost like binary code. However unlike binary code these two can interact producing a whole universe that we are a part of. Everything we see around us can be categorized by these two, we can call these two polar opposites the true "forces" of nature.

Or in more engineering terms, forces can either be linear or non-linear. However the universe is not only binary strictly divided by these two. If it was then it would be completely cold and dead. But we know it isn't because there is a whole transitioning spectrum between these two. This "spectrum" is friction mediated by something higher up the chain we call "time". Friction brings these two polar opposite together and makes them interact. This interaction in turn produces an infinitely complex universe big and small, forever repeating and thus being a fractal. In essence friction allows us to jump from the binary to the analog if we use computer science terms.

What I havent mentioned earlier is that these two concepts also have special (or in math terms transcendental) numbers attached to them:

• Pi (or more correctly 2*Pi): The Circle
  • Euler's number e: The line

This mathy stuff is important too but for now I leave you with the equation of the universe that many have sought after and was in plane sight for so long. The equation that brings the circle and line together in one elegant beatifull equation, thanks to monkey brain Euler.:  e^i*pi = -1 (in next lessons we will go over what the "imaginary" number i is)

Another important property of lines and circles is directionality. On a line you can either go forward or backwards, on a circle this translates to clockwise or counter clockwise. No other properties are needed as dimension only have meaning when something changes and we need something that transcends both to define such change, that which we call "time" in our universe. A whole different beast for a different time.

Please dont form cults and start calling people lines and circles as its the spectrum and friction between them that builds our vast diverse universe.

Lesson 3: Electromagnetism

Going back to engineering so we can build stuff with this crazy lines and circles stuff. Electromagnetism represent ALL the forces of nature. Everything we see, big or small is electromagnetism.

Electrostatics: Linear, or the line. Always acts in straight paths. Or as physicists would say, is a "central" force. This affects the linear momentum of the stuff in the universe.
Magnetism: Non-linear, or the circle. Always acts side ways on things. This affects the angular momentum of the stuff in the universe.

Not only can we divide them in this binary ideas but we can literally model them as such so engineers can build things with them. All we need is the new concept of direction and how like directions attracts and unlike directions repel. Then we see its a matter of lines and circles attracting each other where their, albeit tiny, directions meet. In other words where the line is tangent to the circle. This closest point of interaction is where all the magic happens in the universe, also called friction.

Using this concept we can model all forces of electromagnetism without using calculus in a more "analog" way. However, and what I call the "digital" approach, using force model equations is more suited for our current computers which give us more direct answers over an entire discretized space rather then the analog method which gives us exact answers for exact points in continuous space. Both have their pros and cons in simulation software. But knowing when to use either is key.

The irony of the fractal nature of the universe is if you dont watch out you end up getting trapped in the fractals and down endless rabbit holes of new forces and effects such as dark matter, virtual particles, Higgs fields, quarks and so on. However if you understand the fractal you can zoom in and out freely and make sense out of everything, if things get too weird. Just zoom out again and get back "home" safely like you do if you have played with the Mandelbrot set. But its all the same thing on a different level of the fractal. Also what I havent expanded on either and what I alluded to before is how time affects these two, essentially making them "expand" and interact giving rise to the wave like nature of everything. But time is strange and so far not understood by anyone including myself.

Lesson 4: Back to friction

In the world of friction we know for things to interact they need to come close to each other. Whether this is the electron orbiting close to the proton, rubbing your hands together, or your car wheels rolling over the ground to get you to places. Friction allows two separate things to interact on their boundaries. Friction is usually seen as a by product that produces heat and losses but the truth is more fascinating than that. As we know the proton and electrons are stable for many many billions of trillions of endless years yet they are continuously interacting with each other exchanging energy seamlessly forever without "decaying". So what friction truly is the interaction of two things that come close to each others boundaries. These two things can be like and like, for instance the line sliding over another line. Or a circle rolling over another circle. 

In physics we call this interaction exchange, transfer of momentum. And its REALLY important to always remember that momentum is ALWAYS, no matter what, conserved in the entire universe. So sorry there is no magical reactionless space drives that produce momentum without interacting with something else, but who needs space drives if we can travel through the medium of the universe by breaking its speed barrier at will through friction, as we do here on earth with the sound barrier that was long held as the ultimate speed barrier. If we only understood what friction truly is then ejecting the very essence of the universe out of our asses, or any direction we please, would be childsplay. Obviously we would need ultra dense and structured materials to do so or else it would feel like going mach 1 in a paper airplane but I am no engineer to figure that one out.

So back to the types of frictions. When like meets they exchange momentum and therefore energy. We are told that this always comes with energy losses. But I dont like the term "losses" either and we should address rather the forms of energy. Some are dissipative and cause disorder and others are kinetic and potential in nature and cause more order to occur. However as I started out, if there is a positive there is also a negative. Things ALWAYS come in pairs. Since linear and angular momentum is the only conserved property in the universe, energy therefore can become directional as well! So first we will always conserve momentum, AND, depending on the type of friction we either transfer this momentum in orderly (kinetic or potential) or disorderly (heat) types of energy. Sounds crazy right, well not for the universe apparently.

However the orderly type never happens when 2 likes interact. For instance when you slide a flat surface onto another they will never increase their orderly energy through momentum transfer, the same goes for rolling two wheels against each other. However the real magic occurs when we bring two unlike things close together. Such as the circle and the line, or again in engineering terms, linear and non-linear interactions. Textbooks also calls this "rolling friction". Such interactions produce no heat, decay, or disorder and rather the opposite. The momentum transfer that occurs can in fact produce energy in the form of kinetic and potential energy.

Ok that's it for the quick recap things are going to become a bit more advanced from now on so please keep up.

« Last Edit: 2024-04-10, 10:17:31 by broli »

Lesson 5:  "Complex" numbers

Everyone who had some science classes in high school should have come across complex numbers. Students are thought this subject without much background knowledge and just learn it because "it makes things work better". Complex numbers were discovered by the Italian famous gambler and mathematician Gerolamo Cardano (1501--1576) in 1545 while he found the explicit formula for all three roots of a cube equation. Funny how a degenerate act such as gambling is at the basis of many discoveries in nature.

However lets go through a quick 101 on complex numbers. Complex numbers represent a set of numbers that have an imaginary part, which when multiplied by themselves, or rather when "squared" return a negative number. Unlike like "real" numbers who always return a positive numbers. But just like real numbers where the unit number is 1 and forms the basis of our chosen real axis, the imaginary part also has a unity number, namely the unit "imaginary" "number" "i". Ironically called "imaginary" because of Descartes. Its seems to be a trend of our monkey brains to mock that thing that we dont understand yet. But it all started out when mathematicians, or as I call them the digital folks of nature, started messing with quadratic equations, equations that are very non-linear by nature and quickly faced a wall due to their non linear nature as they needed to take the roots of negative numbers but there was no such thing at the time.

However it was Descartes who loathed the idea so much of complex numbers and their consequence in math that he called their unit component number, i "imaginary" as to mock it. "Why, there's no such thing as a magnitude whose square is negative!" he famously said. And to this day we keep using this mockery of a term like the monkeys we are.

However today we know these set of numbers or rather the "imaginary" plane is very real too. Its part of our very essence and the universe. Or rather to put it bluntly it represents the "circle" non-linear part of the universe! Whereas "real" numbers represent the line.

So lets get back to engineering and talk about linear and non-linearity. How do you usually map complex numbers? Well you take the "real" number line and then go 90 degrees sideways and map the "imaginary" component. But wait that sounds very familiar. Thats exactly the circle or non-linear aspect of things that has been discussed previously. So in essence complex numbers represent the complete linear and non-linearity of the universe, whether it be electrostatics/linear momentum magnetism/angular momentum. Complex numbers allows us to fully represent linear and non-linear interactions and are used everywhere in math and engineering and are what keep your world running, not metaphorically speaking but real physically in every nut and bolt out there and digitally in all the software of anything that is doing something in the real world. Like planes, power plants, the grid and so on. Yet to this day they are used as an after thought, skipped over quickly in school and we still call their non-linear component, the non-linear unit number, "imaginary". Monkey brain does what monkey brain does.

Eulers equation represents a good form of using these in the real world. However there is a difference between using something and understanding something. So lets try to understand what this "imaginary" number i truly represents.

This is when I am going to deffer to someone smarter than me who figured out this "secret". Robert Distinti:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSPsi3c_nh8&list=PL2fbwSsQ2zlVFTOb1FOPnqNMLsuWgFXHb

He is a quirky engineer with some cool and interesting ideas. He also has a, sometimes comical, habit of giving names to the things he discovers. At least he doesn't have the bad egotistical habit of using his own name. But he names this discovery "Vortrix Algebra", a play on vortex and matrix, and goes over how it leads to the "imaginary" number i. But to translate things to stupid monkey brains like mine.

We have been using vector based math, also known as linear algebra (ironically correctly naming it), for centuries, invented by Descartes, and made more famous by Leibniz and Newton through the use of calculus. But certain operations like multiplying or dividing vectors made mathematicians squirmish and so they had to bring out their butchers knife and cut away things so no weird things would pop up like "imaginary" numbers. The end result is a poor sad bastard child, only left with a single parent, its "linear" part and the non-linear part discarded as if being useless. So no true vector multiplication or division exists in linear algebra.

This is where distinti's Vortrix Algebra comes in by basically having a true and complete form to multiplying and dividing vectors giving rise to linear AND non-linear parts as you cant just remove the circular part of a result and call it reality. So rather than hack and slash Vortrix Algebra relies heavily on matrix operations, which is something even high school students are thought and which is also literally powering our current digital information age. From computer graphics such as graphics cards, to more recently the explosion of AI. All is vector (linear) or matrix based (non-linear) based.

By using matrix operations we retain ALL information on interactions (through multiplication and divide) between two vectors that might have a linear and non-linear components. For instance the interaction of the axes that are at right angles to each other. Which allows us to hold and use this information in a more complete form giving us results that model nature much more closely than a bastard incomplete version. I urge people to go watch Distintis work on this, its not complex and if you have a background in linear algebra already, then you are pretty much 90% there already. However this is mostly for the engineers that want to end up building big things and write more accurate simulation software.

For us common people the reason why I mention this is he elegantly and NATURALLY ends up with the definition of the so called "imaginary" unit number i. And the answer is so stupendously simple that I laughed out loud when I first saw it. The imaginary number is a 90 degree rotation of its "real" counterpart. Thats right folks, the imaginary number is the elusive "non-linear" or circle that I have been mentioning. And that makes sense as we already have established that circular "non-linear" forces act side wise opposed to the "linear" forces which act in straight lines. And what does sideways mean precisely? YEP a 90 degree rotation and you suddenly enter the "imaginary" realm. Aka the circular non-linear realm.

Thats it, there is nothing "complex" or imaginary about these numbers, or as Distinti would say, no more voodoo physics. They just represent nature in its complete form. I wonder if we will ever change that ridiculous name too but I doubt it. However I believe Vortrix Algebra will become the basis of all vector based math to model or simulate  our vast linear and non linear universe. Rather invent true complex math that only a few "geniuses" can grasp and have their small parties celebrating their genius by giving each other "field" medals. But I am sure the AI community will embrace ANYTHING that would give them a leg up in the race towards "AGI" where the worlds biggest companies are fighting over. Can you imagine the advantage in compute or even results AIs would spit out if their underlying math is true to nature rather than a bastard version. Surely the first to use it will accelerate tremendously.

Let me shortly also talk about the Mandelbrot set for the more "visual" thinkers out there. If you havent played with it before I urge you to do so, in fact I urge you to do it right now, if you want to watch the universe in its infinite wonder you can do so at the comfort of your chair. But what I wanted to mention concerning this is how even in this more visual and artistic subject there has been the same kind of "limitation" where we butcher and cut things because we dont fully understand them or need them. A while ago Ken Shirrif, a reverse engineer by day, shared some interesting work. Where he computed the set for fractional exponents of the Mandelbrot set. And due to time I will just link to his blog and attach the picture. But my jaw dropped when I first saw this. Especially his "edge detection" images almost look like standing waves. Its as if I looked at the true universe for the first time.

https://www.righto.com/2011/12/new-multi-branch-algorithm-to-render.html

This method is very compute intensive and kind of went under the radar. But can you imagine what we might discover in such fractals? Truly exciting  :D. I am trying to revive his work and believe distinitis Vortrix Algebra might give a significant boost to it. Because understanding that the imaginary component is rotation, is a much easier problem to solve, something modern games do on a daily basis hundred of frames per seconds with not millions if not billions of vertices at a time.

Embrace the circle and line, introduce a dash of friction and get an entire vast infinite universe for free.

So that should now cover the fundamentals. I skipped over quite some things. But since this is a "free" energy forum soon the first lesson on finally "creating" energy will be shared. At least in "theory" first  ;D. So keep reading and rereading because the friction is about to increase by a lot  :D. Its not easy to unlearn bad stuff, it also takes a lot of friction to move over to the other side ;D. But first a quick lesson on the special element that is iron.

And remember people, sharing is caring. These ideas didn't pop into my head but my curiosity has lead me to works of giants in their own fields and areas. The only "skill" this monkey brain has is linking things together, forming connections and surfing the interwebs. Sometimes these links are wrong too, but changing and adapting is part of life too so mistakes or wrong viewpoints are quickly amended rather than held with a death grip. But things click in your monkey brain when you see and visualize nature intuitively rather than through hard math and equations. The equations are useful for later when we want to break the light barrier and travel through the fractal as we please.

However sharing ideas is probably the biggest excitement there is, perhaps only superseded by seeing how others use or even improve said ideas beyond my your imagination. So never stop imagining ideas and sharing those ideas.

« Last Edit: 2024-04-10, 10:20:28 by broli »

Lesson 6:  Rubbing Lines and Circles together to create fire

Bringing lines and circles together does interesting things when we introduce the mysterious force of friction between them.

Before we begin lets go over some basics. First, is there such a thing as a "uniform magnetic field” in space? Sure perhaps inside a densely packed coil. But that is a coil and not a magnet, the latter is not hollow we cant just magically enter it and have a space that has a uniform field. Is there no other way to create one in space? Well yes, yes there is, in fact there are two methods to create an empty space that holds a "uniform field" (funny how there is always "two").

The first method consists of a circular “hallbach array”:

Its important that the array only rotates around once, also known as an array of “k=2” in this case.

The second method is kind of a cheat code, by using an iron sleeve around a diametrically magnetized ring magnet one can produce a uniform field inside the empty inside space:

Ok so what if we produced a uniform "field" big deal, right? Well first of all isn't it amazing that we can even produce such uniform field so easily? We took something very circular in nature and aligned it in free space. But ok people are hungry for energy so lets talk about force and torque.

A uniform field allows you to eliminate all those pesky non-linear effects near the "poles" of a magnet. However things change with "aligned" fields. When we place magnets in such pseudo "linear" fields they react in a very uniform and predictable manner, again, in two ways to be exact. They experience a torque around their center or the "circle" force AND a linear or "line" force acting ON their center of mass.

These two forces are inseparable in this "circular world" and they are completely equivalent energy and effect wise. Both will tend to rotate the magnets in their lowest energy state in the field whether its a torque or a linear force "rolling" the magnets over, it doesn't matter as the end result is the same as you can see here:

https://i.imgur.com/LXeeK5D.mp4

So these two are inseparable and in a "closed system" such as a pure magnetic system these forces always cancel as to produce a zero net energy gain, makes sense if you cant separate them. But there are exceptions as my colleagues are exploiting those.

But a closed magnetic system means a system consisting only of "circles" that are "rigid"? What if we introduced a line force, to such closed circular system...say the electrostatic force which acts linearly for example?

Remember that torque and linear force acting on the magnets? What if we could eliminate one that would cause an imbalance presumably. But how do we go about doing that, we are stuck in this circular magnetic world where whatever we do, circular things end up canceling each other.

Let me introduce the linear world. And the perhaps "ionic" energy gate between them.....friction.

Lets take the linear force of electrostatics and use it to cancel the circular magnetic force. Well its simple, just hang a charge on one side of the magnet and it will torque it due to the electrostatic attraction towards the rectangular charged plate at the bottom.

Oh would you look at that, The magnetic torque and the torque due to the electrostatic force cancel each other but the linear magnetic force, acting on the center of the magnet, remains. Lets get rid of all the clutter and leave only the relevant objects and forces acting on them:

Oh boy, that looks like a non-zero torque. So let me get this straight some linear only force keeps neutralizing the spinning torque of the magnet and as a result the system becomes unbalanced and starts to rotate? Well dont forget about friction, friction is what makes this possible in the first place. But then, why even use charge and charged plates? Remember how I hinted at gravity being a misrepresented force or rather how gravity IS the (linear/line) electrostatic force?

Great so we just replace the charge by mass instead, significantly simplifying the design.

There you go a line (force) and a circle (force) continuously interacting through friction causing the linear part to perpetually "fall" and the circular part to be perpetually torqued, leading to the production of angular energy while fully conserving angular momentum. Or I would rather say gaining energy through "negative friction". Watch out for the 45 degree mark though, as that is the balance point between positive and negative friction. Your "OU" factor is a tangent function (what did you expect from two worlds that are a 90 degrees rotated to one other) at 90 degrees things tend to go towards infinity, infinity is scary. Also the linear world also has its own circular forces, remember the "fictional" centrifugal force? In our case, it is the natural break of this system.

Does this really work? I have no clue, build it and figure out for yourself, I am just the guy with the crackpot ideas that shares them openly and freely. You can use them to shoot at each other or use them to shoot at the stars together, your choice. I also feel like this goes without saying but any ideas or derivations that spring out of this is are equally free and open if they are shared publicly.

PS: Remember gyroscopes? The circles of the gravitic/electrostatic world. Lines and circles are present in both worlds. But secret weapons are meant to be kept secret...for now.
« Last Edit: 2024-04-18, 22:41:13 by broli »

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 16:50:15