PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 13:09:31
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re-visiting an old circuit  (Read 1818 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Now that i am better equipped,and a little better at accurate power measurements,i wish to revisit this old circuit--circuit below.It is just a screenshot of TKs circuit,but i will draw it up,and post in the next post.

It is a very simple circuit,and my results have been replicated by TK some time back,but it seems it was forgotten.
So anyone that want's to join in,please feel free to do so. The hardest bit about this circuit is winding the Tesla BPC,but i am hoping the same results can be had by winding a bifilar coil,hooked in series tesla style,on a long piece of PVC tube. That is what i will be trying first,as i dropped and broke the coil in the video.

Poynt
You once asked me if i could show you the video of my DMMs showing a negative current flow.
After much searching,i have found said video-->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxEalA83XlE

Please remember i was very green back then  ;D
If the whole video is a little boring to some,then from 7:20 is where you will want to watch from.

Here is TKs replication,which also shows the negative current flow on both meters as mine did at the right frequency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvf9Uo7UVx0&list=FLsLiBC2cL5GsZGLcj2rm-4w&index=3&t=0s

Today i went and bought the cheapest DMM i could get from our local electronics store.
It cost a whole $7.00. In the video below,i put it up against my scope to see how accurate it was reading high frequency pulsed DC. As you will see,even with the mess that appears on the scope in the higher frequencies,due to the LEDs capacitance,and the CVRs inductance,the $7.00 DMM is just as accurate as my scope--even better toward the end.
So i hope that put's to bed that DMMs are no good at reading high frequency DC pulses.
I tested it up to 3MHz,and it was spot on all the way through. Video below--
Note-My circuit in the video was running at about 37KHz,and TKs a little over 1.1MHz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPbCp06Li1c

I hope there are those interested in joining in on this simple cheap experiment.
As i see it,when both DMMs are reading a negative value at the same time on both leg's of the input,that can only mean a higher current flow coming from the circuit to that being delivered to the circuit.
And as we know,in order for current to flow from the circuit,the voltage must be higher in the circuit to that of the supply.

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Below is the circuit i used.
I am now unsure as to which way around i had the bottom load LED?
I believe it was the way i have it on the schematic.

If anyone would like to draw up the circuit a little better than i have,please feel free to do so.

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 13:09:31