PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 23:01:46
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ThaneCHeins Regenerative Acceleration  (Read 25929 times)
Group: Guest
For those interested, attached is a bunch of "stuff" Thane offered to send me a couple or three years ago, which according to him was going to convince me his work is supported and worth looking into.

After glancing at it all briefly, I saw nothing convincing.

What is your opinion on the effect?  Is it the same as WaveWatcher?

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
I don't have an opinion on Thane's work (other than I'm not convinced it is something new or novel) because I have not looked into it with any real interest, and I shall continue as such until someone shows that it has any merit.

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Hi Farmhand,

If you think your opinion worth something, feel free to post it.  I'm not a fan of formality either.   :)

I think the speed up effect cause by both the high voltage coil wire inductance and input current surge.  I can't see a speed up with just one of them.  So I think what you're saying is part of the explanation.

It may or may not be OU.  What interesting is we can produce more or less energy by discharge rate.  I think Lenz is what needed for OU.  I know, it's crazy. lol

Hi Gibbs, Since you are interested, I went ahead and did some experimenting.
I can easily get a 15 watt input power reduction with a small load, I show slightly less at 10:20 n the vid.
I'll link the video below without any further comments as yet, I say enough in the video
which may not be entirely true, by is my opinion. If anyone has any comments,
questions or opinions, feel free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxde9qga79c

Cheers

P.S. This is more the "Delayed Lenz transformer" effect as shown by "Overunityguide" but he had the full support of Thane

Hi Gibbs, Since you are interested, I went ahead and did some experimenting.
I can easily get a 15 watt input power reduction with a small load, I show slightly less at 10:20 n the vid.
I'll link the video below without any further comments as yet, I say enough in the video
which may not be entirely true, by is my opinion. If anyone has any comments,
questions or opinions, feel free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxde9qga79c

Cheers

P.S. This is more the "Delayed Lenz transformer" effect as shown by "Overunityguide" but he had the full support of Thane

Thanks for the nice demo Farmhand.

Yes, I agree that's pretty much the effect.  If it is extra energy, then you've done it all along. lol

Can you estimate the power to the load?  So far you have 15 watts reduction.  The total energy from this effect would be 15 Watts + load.  I want to see if this is what saved from core losses.

Thanks

I can try to make a better estimate somehow tonight, no problem. At this point I would say somewhere from 5 to 10 watts is powering the bulbs.
But it is variable to a fairly fine degree. There can be more loss and less load power (usable effective power) or the other way around. I can adjust
it so it hardly changes at all, I think I have some big core losses at that frequency too though, it's just a laminated steel motor core. At first I thought it was
a bit strange that the fluro light up so well and still increased current draw at that frequency but then when I seen the waveform was made more resonant
looking it made sense, a different load. I would imagine I should be able to reduce the PW to regulate the power as well if I want. One thing I think I have learned
that must be respected with power transformers that I want to "idle" is that they simply must produce the required flux and not waste it,
ie. if the primaries don't have enough turns for the core cross sectional area the transformer won't stop the primary current enough with no load
on the secondary and the transformer won't idle with low input power.

If I can get something free from my or a setup with a battery I won't complain.  ;)  

I think I damaged my scope or I'm trying to use it wrong. When I set it to AC and sync mode INT - on the 1/100 setting with a HV probe
I think it's 1/100, funny things happen, the circuit uses more power and funny sounds also happen.  :o So I used a 10 kOhm resistor to the
probe from the Active terminal and the probe ground to the grounded common neutral then the resistor smoked up. So I stopped trying
to scope it directly at that point as I was getting a signal anyway at HF. I seem to be able to scope to output from transformer to the motor
it looks kinda funny. Maybe I can scope the 120 volt tap and see something there to measure. Even though the scope is only cheap it is useful
I would not be surprised if i already damaged it though.  :-[  

I'm up for suggestions about the scope, maybe I'm trying to use it wrong. Or did.

Cheers

Farmhand,

From your description I would say at some point you may have connected the scope ground to a line-side or 'hot' part of your circuit. The shield connection of your probe is directly connected to the chassis (ground) of your scope.

Unlike a hand-held meter, both leads of the scope probe are not isolated  from ground.

I think you might be right WaveWatcher, the front of the scope has a double banana plug
connector which the probe lead plugs into, it can be reversed. It has a GND side labeled and
I made of point of always connecting it the correct way a while ago, it is possible it was
connected the wrong way, when I scope the function generator it looks alright. I can't
connect the probe ground to the active on the circuit because I connected it to the ground wire
which is connected to the neutral.  

I'll try again.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 23:01:46