PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 20:22:44
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Kapanadze replication  (Read 29239 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

We have the same hardware)) Make a resonator!

Something like this:

2.8cm diameter / 15cm long former with 120 turns of 1mm thick wire bifilar wound CW.
Both ends have a thicker wire 6 turn coil wound CCW.
left side has a 2cm diameter / 4cm long ferrite rod inside.

Itsu

PW,

agreed, my Alecto Power inverter seems to be a square wave inverter, not a modified sine wave inverter, but they nowhere claim it is, my bad.

Years ago i build a low power inverter using a PIC16F628A chip which does work as a modified sine wave inverter as shown by its output, see 1st screenshot below.

2nd screenshot is with a 1uF capacitor across the output.

Thanks for the info.

Itsu

Itsu,

That is indeed the simplest version of a modified sine wave.  Instead of just a cap across the output, add an inductor (choke) in series between output and cap for a second order low pass.  This gives a bit cleaner waveform and less loading of the output.  Set the LC lowpass knee for just above the desired 50/60 Hz output.

Adjusting amplitude and pulse width while watching harmonics will allow elimination of all harmonics lower than the fifth harmonic, reducing lowpass requirements.

PW

Something like this:

2.8cm diameter / 15cm long former with 120 turns of 1mm thick wire bifilar wound CW.

Itsu
O0
Обмотки съема тока и накачки противополжны бифилярной обмотке?
Are the current pickup and pump windings opposite to the bifilar winding?

Now all that remains is to select the capacitance in the inductor. You will move the ferrite according to maximum brightness and minimum consumption.

The video shows how without and with 50Hz there should be an oscillogram on the lamp.

https://dzen.ru/video/watch/650573800b441c1b59a91b7b

Group: Tech Wizard

Concerning the drawing of the resonator, when i search Google for such an image (not your modified one in post #124, but the original one in your post #76) i find several sources as can be seen here: https://tinyurl.com/3pvrdsf8

They all seem to point the the "Kapagen Generator", so some research in that direction might be worthwhile.
Regards Itsu

Hi Itsu, DELAMORTO and Verpies,

Regarding this drawing Itsu also linked to http://freetesla.blogspot.com/2011/08/kapagen-generator.html and DELAMORTO also attached to posts # 76 and # 124, was drawn by Lamare http://www.tuks.nl back in 2010.

I just asked him on the meaning of the VHS and CHS abbreviations he used in the drawing next to the coil and he answered this:
     VHS was short for Voltage Hot Spot and CHS for Current Hot Spot.  
He does not know much on the Kapanadze setup, the drawing was his approach back then and have not studied it deeply since then and cannot comment more useful pieces of information on it.

Gyula

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks

Something like this:

Itsu
Hi there re the bifilar winding are the 2 end wingdings wound on it at the ends of the winding or before and after the winding?
Also are any of the winding's wound CW or CCW ?  :)
Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Itsu,

That is indeed the simplest version of a modified sine wave.  Instead of just a cap across the output, add an inductor (choke) in series between output and cap for a second order low pass.  This gives a bit cleaner waveform and less loading of the output.  Set the LC lowpass knee for just above the desired 50/60 Hz output.

Adjusting amplitude and pulse width while watching harmonics will allow elimination of all harmonics lower than the fifth harmonic, reducing lowpass requirements.

PW

PM,

thanks,  i will experiment with an extra choke, adjusting amplitude and pulse width should be done in the PIC code.

Itsu

O0
Обмотки съема тока и накачки противополжны бифилярной обмотке?
Are the current pickup and pump windings opposite to the bifilar winding?

Opposite as in CW and CCW?    Then yes, as mentioned in my post, the bifilar winding is CW, while the both end coils (wound over the bifilar coil ends) are CCW.

Now all that remains is to select the capacitance in the inductor. You will move the ferrite according to maximum brightness and minimum consumption.

OK, so it should resonate at around 140kHz like shown in your video scope screenshots?

Hi Itsu, DELAMORTO and Verpies,

Regarding this drawing Itsu also linked to http://freetesla.blogspot.com/2011/08/kapagen-generator.html and DELAMORTO also attached to posts # 76 and # 124, was drawn by Lamare http://www.tuks.nl back in 2010.

I just asked him on the meaning of the VHS and CHS abbreviations he used in the drawing next to the coil and he answered this:
     VHS was short for Voltage Hot Spot and CHS for Current Hot Spot.  
He does not know much on the Kapanadze setup, the drawing was his approach back then and have not studied it deeply since then and cannot comment more useful pieces of information on it.

Gyula

Thanks Gyula,

VHS was short for Voltage Hot Spot and CHS for Current Hot Spot.  Good to know.

Itsu

Group: Tech Wizard

Thanks Gyula,

VHS was short for Voltage Hot Spot and CHS for Current Hot Spot.  Good to know.

Itsu

Addition on the meaning of LC, HC and HV (also used in the drawing):

HV, LC = High Voltage, Low Current                   HV, HC = High Voltage, High Current   

Gyula

I measured the ferrite coil to be 4uH, so when aiming for 140kHz for Fres, the parallel cap should be 323nF.

What about the other 2 caps in the red circles? What value are they?

Itsu

I measured the ferrite coil to be 4uH, so when aiming for 140kHz for Fres, the parallel cap should be 323nF.

What about the other 2 caps in the red circles? What value are they?

Itsu
These are filters. They are often installed on low frequency transformers. To prevent impulse noise from penetrating the wire insulation.

OK,  so decoupling capacitors.

Looking at that picture i notice that your ferrite rod is going through the whole of the bifilar coil.

Is that needed as i now have only a 4cm piece of ferrite inside the left pickup coil only?

OK,  so decoupling capacitors.

Looking at that picture i notice that your ferrite rod is going through the whole of the bifilar coil.

Is that needed as i now have only a 4cm piece of ferrite inside the left pickup coil only?
No, your ferrite is enough. I just didn't want to cut mine.

Group: Guest
  Itsu:
  Geo and I found that bigger ferrite pieces fixed onto like a popcycle stick with spacings between each one works better than a solid rod or bar. If that may add any thing more to your build.

NickZ

I think that hanging a resonator on one wire is not entirely correct. The waves are positive and negative from the inverter, and we always add positive current from the HF generator. It would be more correct to make another resonator on the second side. And install another phase detector key so that the resonator for each half works in its own phase. This is all theory, I’ll draw a diagram later. I conduct experiments, create and try)))

I'll try it this way.
Just for fun)))
« Last Edit: 2023-09-27, 16:13:57 by DELAMORTO »

Something reminds me of this....

Hi Delamorto,

i notice your post #1 video link is dead, but it can be found here: https://dzen.ru/delamorto

I made a compilation of the data given so far in this diagram, is it accurate?:

The FG (what frequency are we running?) can be found here: https://aliexpress.ru/item/32839042221.html?sku_id=12000022945348976
The inverter (non modified sine (modified sine better)) can be found here (no transformer included):  https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000438023280.html?sku_id=10000001805672738

What output voltage needs the transformer feeding the FG be?

Thanks, regard Itsu
After building a test coil, and winding it up on a SG and looking at the display on a scope with a 330nf cap,it's output is some what attenuated,
but looking at the photo the coil on the far right it doesn't look much like the 6T Itsu suggests it could be if a closer look is made, it looks more like
5 or 6 turns one way and then 5 or 6 turns the other way with a tie wrap holding the loop back at the center of the wind.
See enlarged photo.

« Last Edit: 2023-09-28, 14:25:21 by AlienGrey »

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Nearly there, some initial test runs did not show the transistor (2sc5200) switch somehow, perhaps the 5V FG square wave signal is not strong enough maybe a MOSFET is better here.

220V/12V feedback not installed yet (is it needed for test runs?).

Where did you scope that modulated signal shown in your video?

Does the ground need to be connected always (rather not to avoid scope grounding problems).

Itsu

Nearly there, some initial test runs did not show the transistor (2sc5200) switch somehow, perhaps the 5V FG square wave signal is not strong enough maybe a MOSFET is better here.

220V/12V feedback not installed yet (is it needed for test runs?).

Where did you scope that modulated signal shown in your video?

Does the ground need to be connected always (rather not to avoid scope grounding problems).

Itsu
The signal was taken from the lamp.
I don’t use grounding with a load of 15-40 watts.
It is better to assemble a complete circuit and torture the resonator, look at the consumption.
I’ll tell you right away - you need to switch to 2 keys. There is nothing to brag about yet, alas...

OK, thanks, so with "2 keys" you mean your modified diagram at post #192?

Itsu

I seem know how must do to your device has make self running. :P :P :P

OK, thanks, so with "2 keys" you mean your modified diagram at post #192?

Itsu
Itsu ignor this if you like but is all this circuit does is generates it's own 50 hz and swirches in 140 khz
on each active cycle so how is it OU explain that ! it's just a 50 x 140 khz mixer.

Also whereis Nicks thread ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 20:22:44