PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 15:37:18
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
Author Topic: OUR, window on the world.  (Read 262429 times)
Group: Ambassador

Grum
We have a friend from Holland who has remarkable ability to find things like this
( Dealing with water)
Will see if he can help?
Sounds really neat

Here's a picture of the hydrofoil board I built this spring to test the monofoil (one wing) design. I also built/tested many two wing foils last year which use a larger main wing up front, fuselage and smaller tail stabilizer wing. The mono foil was surprisingly stable and lifted myself and the board out of the water around 2 mph and cruised around 10 mph behind the boat. We also tried a little wake surfing which was interesting.

The board, mast and foil use a shaped wood core covered in two layers of fiberglass then painted and waxed. This winter I plan on building a new canard based foil which has the main wing in the rear and a smaller stabilizer fin up front. I'm also working on a computer controlled/stabilized foil using a 3 axis gyro and waterproof linear servo actuators I built. In theory the foil control should come up to a predetermined height/depth Z then help dampen movement on the X, Y axis.

AC
« Last Edit: 2023-09-17, 23:51:21 by Allcanadian »

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Ambassador

AC
I hope to learn more hands on with water foils
Thanks for sharing

Here a share from TinselKoala
He Was giving “moment to moment” in cloudy ( hit or miss ) conditions

Then —-He actually got to see this “ring of fire” in person ( first time in his life seeing it ( ring of fire) in person

A hole in Ol SoL

Wild !
Yes he took it with cell phone , not scope
« Last Edit: 2023-10-14, 20:17:51 by Chet K »

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Just a quick note to wish all the members and guests at OUR a very merry Christmas or just happy holidays….

Aren’t those Elves a ****** nuisance??  ;D

https://youtu.be/aApZogU2sow?feature=shared

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Professor

Aren’t those Elves a ****** nuisance??  ;D
https://youtu.be/aApZogU2sow?feature=shared
I expected the Elf to get on fire any time.

Merry Christmas

Group: Tinkerer

Thank you all. Have a great one. I took my crew paintballing. Not paint on my face. Heaps of fun but still recovering 2 weeks later.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 15:37:18