PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 16:08:24
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Magnacoaster  (Read 129822 times)
Group: Guest

I revised my response to ( ok almost exactly   )

When energized, in the gap between the core and the material in the rotor (if non magnetic) there is a neutral zone where a balance is reached between the opposing magnet and coil. The voltage to produce this effect can be as narrow as .25v

Too much voltage or too little voltage and the balance will not result << this is very important!

It looks like the GAP is going beyond this balance and pushing the coil/core into attraction for most of the rotation and then into balance while the metal arcs pass the core.

When the material in the rotor is magnetic there is also a balance established between the repulsion of the domain at the end of the core caused by the PM and the magnet in the rotor..

To close and there is only attraction < blotch wall is moved too far inboard in the core
Too far and there is only repulsion > blotch wall is not moved in core

The magnacoaster way of doing it is very powerful, imagine 500+lb of neo force repelling the magnet in the rotor but at the cost of energizing the coil with a lot of amps for around 315deg of a 360deg rotation.

« Last Edit: 2010-02-22, 03:38:17 by darkspeed »

I am just going to parachute into this thread.  I have only skimmed through some of the discussion.

I have three points:

1.  Richard's quote:

02/11/2010
Well here we are a year down the road and we got it all the problems are near solved
(great group we have working on it now) we have the guys working on the computer
system to control the fact the unit will over charge.  We have to get the sensors all in
place and the new boards done it seems the world is ready.

A few places have signed deals for our units to fit into Solar systems for here in Ontario.
Never would have figured that it would be 3 years from the start to finish and ready for
the assembly line. The new digital boards we got from a supplier here in canada are
making the computer hooked a snap.

Trust me from someone that has worked in technology for a long time, that quote is rank amateur.  What he says and what he doesn't say speaks volumes about how Magnacoaster is not a real company.

2.  The university connection

Richard's claims about working with the University of Waterloo were checked out by Rickoff on the Energetic Forum and they did not pan out.  Rickoff contacted the appropriate engineering departments and they never heard of him.

3.  User manual from the looney bin

I once stumbled across a Magnacoaster user manual for the mid-sized unit (5 Kilowatts?) and there is a diagram of a bunch of car batteries wired together as part of the system.  In the diagram you see big car lead-acid batteries wired in parallel.  That is completely insane and dangerous and you would never get UL or CSA approval for that.  You could have a thermonuclear meltdown event with that battery configuration.

Magnacoaster is not real, not by a long shot.  Somebody once said his "facility" is actually some rental storage sheds dressed up to look like an office.

I won't even go into the reasons why controlling magnetic flux in a battery-powered box will not lead to over unity, the three points above should do it for some of the readers.

MileHigh
« Last Edit: 2010-02-24, 01:04:37 by MileHigh »

Magnacoaster is hiring:

First - How to apply

Send a Email to jobs@magnacoaster.com.  Do not fax or phone ( if you Phone or Fax we will delete your application).

OR

Snail mail to Magnacoaster 500 Fairway Rd. S 23 - 333 Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2C 1X3

First round interviews will be made at the end of March.  Only people that have the skill sets required will be called for a interview.

You must not have any heart conditions, pacemakers, heart springs, diebetic conditions, blood ailements, no metal plates, screws or body jewlery because we have high power magnets in this facility.  Fitness tests as well as medilcal certificates will be required with a clean bill of health.  You must be able to get a security clearance in the future as well if need be.  No cell phones or mp3 players as well as all personal property must be left in locker.  Clothing will be provided.

Jobs are going to be located in Cambridge near Townline and 401 area.

Dealer Trainer (5 positions)

Train and setup dealers.  Pogram is a 5 days long.  There will be 5 dealers per round of training and 2 training sessions per month per trainer.  We are looking for trainers that can cover all the bases,  paper work, site visits, tech. support for both  AC and DC power and handtools needed to work with this power.  Hands on experience with green power is a must.

Wages  TBD.

Dealer Support (20 positions)

Setup dealers and track progress as well as work 1 on 1 with problem solving. Good computer skills good problem solving as well as able to write manuals as needed.  We are looking for people that can cover all the bases,  paper work, site visits, tech. support for both  AC and DC power and handtools needed to work with this power.  Hands on experience with green power is a must.

Wages - TBD

Production line workers. (60 positions)

Assemble parts on an assembly line.  Use of hand tools as well as power tools.  You must be able to work in a fast paced area with the ability to think on your feet.  Team player a must.    Good hand to eye coordination.  Saftey shoes required.

Wages - TBD

Office Staff (5 positions)

Looking for people that can answer phones (inbound), take orders and provide tech support.  Good computer skills and the ability to speak clearly.  More than one language is a plus.

Wages  - TBD

Production Coordinator trainee.

Work for the production coordinator, look after problems on the line, ablity to think on your feet and think outside the box.  Good computer skills, orginizational skills, time managment skills and the ability to deal with people.

Wages - TBD

Magnet loaders (5 positions)

You must have big strong hands.  You will think on your feet and be able to work under pressure.  You need to be able to focus on ONLY your job as this job requires total concentration.  You must have machanical understanding and have a grip of no less than 100 lbs. because the magnets are very powerful.

Wages - TBD

Shipping/Receiving Person

Knowlage of outbound loads and packaging for rough shipping as well as dealing with overseas shipping.  Must be able to receive inventory, verify contents and log inbound parts.  Must have computer skills as well as tow motor licence.  Must be a team player and work well under pressure.

Wages - TBD

Assemble Area Forperson

Must have people skills and be up to date on all rules of employment.  Computer skills are a must.  Will be able to work under pressure and have assembly line experience.  Must have time managment skills and be able to problem solve on your feet.  Lines will need to have a 90 % rate of output.  Look after costs and trim waiste on the line.  Deal with all problems directly and have good training skills.

Wages - TBA

Magnet Area Forperson

Must have people skills and be up to date on all rules of employment.  Computer skills are a must.  Will be able to work under pressure and have assembly line experience.  Must have time managment skills and be able to problem solve on your feet.  Lines will need to have a 90 % rate of output.  Look after costs and trim waiste on the line.  Deal with all problems directly and have good training skills.  You must have big strong hands and be able to focus on ONLY your job as this job requires total concentration.  You must have machanical understanding and have a grip of no less than 100 lbs. because the magnets are very powerful.

Wages - TBA

Electronic Testers (5 positions)

Must be able to understand and use test equipment to messure power output as well as test all aspects of our units looking for shorts and other issues.  Skill set is scopes and meters, mesuring amperage and voltage from 12 volts to 2000 volts and have a strong understanding of electricity, electronics and current.  Must work under prssure, have good people skills, think on your feet and be a team player.  Experience for this job is a must.

Wages - TBA

Electronic Area Forperson

Must have people skills and be up to date on all rules of employment.  Computer skills are a must.  Will be able to work under pressure and have assembly line experience.  Must have time managment skills and be able to problem solve on your feet.  Lines will need to have a 90 % rate of output.  Look after costs and trim waiste on the line.  Deal with all problems directly and have good training skills.  Must be able to understand and use test equipment to messure power output as well as test all aspects of our units looking for shorts and other issues.  Skill set is scopes and meters, mesuring amperage and voltage from 12 volts to 2000 volts and have a strong understanding of electricity, electronics and current.  Must work under prssure, have good people skills, think on your feet and be a team player.  Experience for this job is a must.

Wages - TBD

Test Lab / Product Designers (2 positions)

Must be driven to think outside the box.  Ability look at problems and find solutions.  Must be able to build prototype parts, be experanced using  mill machine and lathe, and have a working knowledge of electronics and all test equipment.  You will have the ability to setup test peramiters, be a thinker and not afraid to have your experiments fail.  You will keep pushing until you find a solution.  You must be a team player and be willing to share your knowledge with your co-workers.  You will have tinkered with, or have ideas about power production on the outside fringe. Strong electronic skills, circuitry and knowledge of power and power production are essential.  Flexable hours as well as a great lab and equipment will be yours if you are the person we are looking for.

Wages - TBD

Well thats interesting DS

Maybe this guy is legit...I guess we can only hope so!

:)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr

Magnacoaster is hiring:

...etc. etc. etc.

Thanks DS:

This looks like a crude attempt to present a facade of imminent growth to dupe investors.

Thanks DS:

This looks like a crude attempt to present a facade of imminent growth to dupe investors.

Exactly how I see it.

---------------------------

Magnacoaster is hiring:

Dealer Trainer (5 positions)

Train and setup dealers.  Pogram is a 5 days long.  There will be 5 dealers per round of training and 2 training sessions per month per trainer.  We are looking for trainers that can cover all the bases,  paper work, site visits, tech. support for both  AC and DC power and handtools needed to work with this power.  Hands on experience with green power is a must.

Wages  TBD.

Hey, I'm a shoe-in for this one! 13 years travelling the world as a course developer/trainer/training manager for high tech companies and I'm currently a solar (including PV) contractor. Too bad I'm not looking.
-Steve
http://rimstar.org   http://wsminfo.org

we can input power to the unit and increase the Amperage, Voltage and Frequency

If I took DC and turned it into pulsed dc I could easily increase the frequency and voltage.... but amperage?

Maybe Amperage per pulse??

Is pulsed dc from a capacitor able to do more work joul for joul compared to low voltage dc?

Magnacoaster changed their front page to this :

Solid State Power Support

Our units offer the latest in Solid state power support.

This means we can input power to the unit and increase the Amperage, Voltage and Frequency, allowing power to be created in a smaller space with no carbon footprint.

We have patents for the units in the USA as well as pending world wide. The units use less copper and have few parts that cannot be recycled.

Units have a rebuild cycle of 7 – 10 years where the coil packages will need to be refurbished.

Units can run 24 – 7 and run at a temperature of about 70F degree’s (approx) and are small in size. At a mere 2200 cubic inches and weighing about 70 Lbs. this unit can be installed by 1 person no problem.

Magnetic Research & Development

307-18 Holborn Court,

Kitchener, ON N2A 4A1
519-896-3354

http://www.puterdudes.ca/pu/html/about.html

« Last Edit: 2010-03-28, 03:43:22 by darkspeed »

Video DSCF2473 went missing from his youtube channel

here are two interesting screen shots..

Hey Darkspeed,

If I lived in Toronto I would take a drive to London and sniff this guy out.  It would be hard to get in the door through, unless you tried to pull a light con like trying to sell him CFL bulbs or something.  It might be fun to go chat up the boys in the local barbershop.

My qualifying instincts tell me this guy isn't real.  You probably saw my comments with respect to reading his documentation.

It just occurred to me that an investigative TV show could make a purchase and turn the tables on Richard.  They could cut Richard a check and then when there is no delivery in six months do a commando raid on him.  Get a judge to sign a search warrant and walk in cameras blazing.  It would be sweet.

Right now from what i can gather Richard is a con, and he is surviving on taking orders from people to cash their checks.  He will never deliver anything.  Just getting his ass on that TV show probably generated some real revenue for him.  Same thing for doing trade shows, he crosses his fingers that he can get a few bites.

It really is that bad.  If this guy actually had something he could demo it for real.  If it was real that wouldn't mean he had a viable business and people like me should retract our statements and let him run his business.  It would be an earth-shattering event, the biggest event in the 21st century, in the history of man.  It would rock the entire world and change it forever.  Alas, Richard can't really multiply the available energy in a bank of batteries 100 or 1000 fold.  None of it is real, none of it.  There is a minuscule chance that Richard is deluded.  The real answer is that he is a con artist.

Most of these types of characters, like Bearden, Bedini, Newman, etc, barely have a grasp of how electricity works.  Look at the MIT electronics and electromagnetism courses on YouTube.  That's the real thing, and Bearden or Bedini would be so lost and so utterly clueless in a mid-level college electronics course.  I read Bedini's 1984 booklet on his "Kromrery (sp?) Converter" and I almost puked.

Sorry to be pissing on the parades, just telling you how I feel.

MileHigh

PS.:  That's funny with the "Puterdudes" link also.  So now we know about one of Richard's other revenue streams.  He is one of the local computer handymen in the neighbourhood.  He buys parts and sticks them in a box and pops in the Windows CD and buys a wireless router.  Awesome.

Group: Experimentalist

Most of these types of characters, like Bearden, Bedini, Newman, etc, barely have a grasp of how electricity works.  Look at the MIT electronics and electromagnetism courses on YouTube.  That's the real thing, and Bearden or Bedini would be so lost and so utterly clueless in a mid-level college electronics course.  I read Bedini's 1984 booklet on his "Kromrery (sp?) Converter" and I almost puked.

MH
I've been reading at these forums for 6 years and I see this as the biggest problem at them, I don't mean anything negative there are many good people at them and their hearts are in the right place but they just don't know enough about electricity to make good contributions.  The forums are clogged up with questions of basic electronics, statements that don't make any sense, ideas that can never fly and endless conjecture about the physics involved.  Thats why I'm here, I hope this forum takes a more scientific approach to the things we are dealing with.

"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Room3237:

Yes but I try to find a middle ground.  I don't want to spoil people's fun but when it comes to people that are frauds and trying to steal money from gullible people that's another story.  It's for the common good to speak out against the fraudsters and thiefs.  People want to play without educating themselves, so a helping hand every now and then helps.  Like you said their hearts are in the right place.

MileHigh

Group: Experimentalist

Don't get me wrong MH I'm all for fun and try to help all I can.
As some of my drinking buddies like to say "there's nothing like fun for a good time"
I certainly don't want to stop the party.  8)

"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
All I can say guys, is it's nice to have a bunch of folks that are not only bright but level-headed as well at OUR forum. Glad you guys are here.

re. Richard, I'm at awe as to how he has gone on so long without waking up. Guess he doesn't have any smart friends or folks that care.
 :-\

Cheers my friends.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Thanks .99

Magnacoaster is like the brakes failing on your car and watching it roll down your drive way toward the neighbours house

You know it is going to do something amazing.. you just dont know exactly when  ;D

but it would be cool if it actually worked.... :P

Maybe we should focus on building a replication. It doesn't seem that difficult.
Have a look at pages 10 - 12 of this document:
http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter3.pdf

What the Tweet?   ::)

Magnacoaster is on Twitter...

http://twitter.com/Magnacoaster

And a new website:   http://magnacoaster.com/power/index.html

Magnacoaster Power

We are looking for single family homes in the Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo areas

We are looking for 100 homes as a pilot project

The Agreement is as follows.

We need access to roof top as well as meter on house.

You must have a south facing roof.

You must have a minimum of 100 amps of power service

You must have a new smart meter on your house.

You will need to sign a 20 year contract

We will pay your electric bill for a 20 year period. *

* to a maximum of 1500 KWh per month max.

Maybe we should focus on building a replication. It doesn't seem that difficult.

The guy has a diode fetish!  lol

Just looking at the diode overkill shows you that Richard doesn't know what he is doing.  "One to 1,000,000 volts input" also shows you that he has no clue.

MileHigh

And a new website:   http://magnacoaster.com/power/index.html

Interesting. He says 5 solar panels and they'll pay for up to 1500kW of your power usage per month. Let's assume they're the new, huge 300W panels. So 5x300W=1.5kW of panels. Using a generous 4 hours per day on average of full sunlight, that's 4 x 1.5kW x 31days per month=186kWh per month. All the panels will produce is 186kWh and yet they'll pay you for 1500kWh. So where's the rest of the power come from?

Well, this is Ontario and we have the microFIT program. With the microFIT you become a power generator and feeed power to the grid and get paid $0.802 per kWh. Let's pretend they're using that program.

With microFIT, you're still connected to the grid. So the rest of the power might come from the grid. How will Magnacoaster make money then? Well 4 x 1.5kW x 365 x 20 years x $0.802 = $35,127 total revenue from microFIT over the 20 years. Such a system costs around $12,000 roughly. Meanwhile the customer is taking power from the grid and Magnacoaster is paying for the first 1500kWh of that per month. 1500kWh x 12 months x 20 years x $0.091/kWh (on-peak electricity cost only, ignoring all other costs on the bill) = $32,760. So total cost for Magnacoaster for 20 years is $12,000 + $32,760 = $44,760. Profit is therefore $35,127 - $44,760 = -$9,633 (note the minus sign.) Even with leasing tricks, bulk rates to bring the costs down, I'm not sure you could turn it into profit. Maybe they're using a higher daily average of sunlight? This isn't California - we get one or two entire months a year with no blue sky.

So maybe they're thinking of adding energy using their system? I think the numbers are too close to call.
-Steve

Interesting. He says 5 solar panels and they'll pay for up to 1500kW of your power usage per month.
...if you have a south facing roof, he says.

The aussies are going to be well pissed off.

Latest....

follow us on twitter

http://www.twitter.com/magnacoaster

daily updates can be found there

27-04-2010

Here we are by the looks of it at the end of the line all the parts work we are getting a enclosure for the output box as it cannot be plastic as I had thought it could be. Sent out to have the steel one made should be here by monday all painted and rust proof. Turns out we have a EM feild in the plastic box in the 90 - 105khz range was over 1 km away still strong and that is a no no.

We had a great monday as all the network in the office was down due to a major power failure in the area over the weekend. Thus why if you called monday we could not answer the phones till late in the day.

I am looking at permit for ongrid problems now as we have 2 permits for customers out at OPA and there stuck. Seems OPA got hit with more then they could handle. Both installs for ongrid will take place in end of June.

Don is going to have this week off due to a family matter send a email and he will get back to you next week.

Im off to the USA for a meeting on Friday to develope a new Unit and package for Cell phones and also a small (under 100 watt unit for portable units) also will be looking at the location for the USA plant when im down there. As well we can start talks to get into the USA for our 10 K ongrid units.

Once i have the cover next week i can get the balance of my testing out of the way and we can move forward on production. We can start to crank out here as the cambridge plant comes on line.

Richard

check out our new test market for solar here in the KW area.

http://www.magnacoasterpower.com

Hey Darkspeeed,

Please don't be offended but I am going to slice and dice through Richard's tweets.

Here we are by the looks of it at the end of the line
Richard has probably said this a dozen times over the past two years.

Sent out to have the steel one made should be here by monday all painted and rust proof. Turns out we have a EM feild in the plastic box in the 90 - 105khz range was over 1 km away still strong and that is a no no.
I am no expert with respect to RF shielding and I am very rusty here.  However, I can make a few relevant points.  Enclosing something in a metal box is generally done to keep external RF out and not to prevent the transmission of RF from inside the box to the outside world.  In fact, the metal enclosure should have very little affect on stopping the broadcasting of RF, it should look more or less transparent.  I am being very general here and not discussing the frequency issue.  In real life you always discuss the effect of a setup like this with respect to frequency.

This business, "Turns out we have a EM feild in the plastic box in the 90 - 105khz range was over 1 km away still strong and that is a no no," is another smoking gun telling you that Richard is a fake and he has no idea what he is talking about.  90 - 105 KHz is a ridiculously low frequency and is probably not even looked at when you check devices for RF interference.  The chances of his device of his device radiating energy in this frequency range at any measurable intensity are nil.  100 KHz has a three kilometer wavelength, and the mismatch between the size of his device and any radiating elements it may contain and the 3 Km wavelength are extreme.  When you do EMI testing on an electronic device you check for it's radiation power from about zero to three meters away and you are primarily sniffing for EMI radiation in the one megahertz and above frequency range.  It would simply be impossible to pick up a 100 KHz EMI emission from his device from one kilometer away.  It simply doesn't make any sense at all.

I am looking at permit for ongrid problems now as we have 2 permits for customers out at OPA and there stuck. Seems OPA got hit with more then they could handle. Both installs for ongrid will take place in end of June.
Have you ever heard Richard mention UL and CSA approval?  I haven't and he needs that approval if he wants to sell his devices.  I don't believe for a second that Richard is in serious talks with the Ontario Power Authority.  Richard would last about five minutes with an OPA engineer before he was found out.  No OPA engineer would take Richard seriously.  So it's no surprise that the permits are "stuck."  The entire OPA story is pure BS.  End of June my ass, Richard is just stalling in an attempt to string-along his story because it gives him and his company the illusion of credibility.

Im off to the USA for a meeting on Friday to develope a new Unit and package for Cell phones and also a small (under 100 watt unit for portable units) also will be looking at the location for the USA plant when im down there. As well we can start talks to get into the USA for our 10 K ongrid units.
Cell phones?  He never mentioned that before as far as I am aware.  He is in SS Orbo/MEG territory here.  Where did the micro version of his device come from?  It doesn't exist.  Looking for a location for a production plant?  That's pure bullshit, and it's all part of him trying to create the illusion of credibility.

Once i have the cover next week i can get the balance of my testing out of the way and we can move forward on production. We can start to crank out here as the cambridge plant comes on line.
The "we're hiring" stuff on his website is all bullshit.  There is no plant that going to go online in Cambridge, Ontario.  It's all part of the illusion of credibility.

I think I read somewhere online about people sending Richard a 50% down payment on a unit and nothing has been delivered.  I think that there are a few cases like this.  I apologize I don't have a link for this.

To sum up, Magnacoaster is in exactly the same position they were in last year at this time.  Promising a working unit "soon" and talking bullshit about his company's big plans.  Meanwhile his sits in the same "office" a rented out storage facility doing who knows what.

You may find me cynical but watch this space.  In one year or two years Magnacoaster will not have moved forward a single iota as a company.  No working units, no production plants in Ontario or the US, and no deal to pump electricity back into the grid with Ontario Hydro.

MileHigh

MileHigh - im never offended.. go for it..  he has not shown me a working device so i am just as critical...

He's right about the delays with the OPA (Ontario Power Authority that oversees the Feed-in Tariff program for feeding solar power to the grid.) Solar companies here in Ottawa, Ontario are experiencing the same problem, causing delays in doing installations (which means I'm not being called in on so many solar jobs, so I can spend more time working on testatika - yeah!)
-Steve

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 16:08:24