PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 16:07:46
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: DSRD pulse generator  (Read 193092 times)
Group: Guest
I am not up to speed in these matters but is this not exactly what Bob Boyce and his remarkable 101 plate HHO electrolysers need for "cracking" water?
See page 34:
http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf

Possibly. I see page 34 that a full-wave rectification at mains frequency is called "pulsing DC". It's rather soft for "pulses".
Page 61, it's a little better, the back emf is used to electrolyse water. Nevertheless for equivalent setups, the back emf gives about the same energy than DSR pulses but much less peak power, because the pulse is spread over a time duration that is tens to several tens times this one from DSR: the lower the load resistance, the wider the back emf pulse. For the DSR pulse, it's the contrary: the lower the load, the narrower the pulse. This is due to the fact that the back emf is a current pulse while the DSR pulse is a voltage pulse (the diode acts as a capacitor, not as a coil).
So I presume that DSR is the best way to work with pulses when peak power and sharpness are the key points for the experiment that is considered.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

After a (failed) Dally replication attempt (see my youtube account "itsusable"), i am left with a nano-pulser.

This thing is able to produce a 1100V pulse of 18nS width over a 56 Ohm resistor at a repetition frequency of 2Khz (actually ranging between 1 and 10Khz).

This means the power is U^2/R = 1210000/56 = 21607W (21.607KW).

According to this website: http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/optics/pulsed_source  the peak power in that pulse = 563.845MW (as in MegaWatt).

I was wondering what i can do with this pulse, so i used my copper tube coil which has a wire inside its tube, basically making it a coiled coax and terminated it with a 56 Ohm resistor.
This wire is the center conductor and its PE isolation from a piece of RG-316 coax cable which i have stripped.
This center conductor is made out of steel and is magnetic.

My plan is to hook up all kind of coils on/in/underneath/above etc. to see what effect this MegaWatt pulse has on the other coils.

Another plan is to make a coaxial tube (2 tubes inside each other) from stainless steel and submerge that coaxial tube in an electrolyte (open, closed or terminate with a resistance at the end).

Some preliminary tests with 2 separate tubes show that my scope goes crazy from the pulses, so it surely needs to be a coaxial tubing, or i need to shield the tubing.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na34jh1HqfQ&feature=youtu.be

Regards itsu

This thing is able to produce a 1100V pulse of 18nS width over a 56 Ohm resistor at a repetition frequency of 2Khz (actually ranging between 1 and 10Khz).

This means the power is U^2/R = 1210000/56 = 21607W (21.607KW).

According to this website: http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/optics/pulsed_source  the peak power in that pulse = 563.845MW (as in MegaWatt).

Wrong calculation.
The peak power is 21607W, only 21607W. It's the max power during 18ns each 0.5ms (= 2Khz repetition rate). It's not a mean power but you have wrongly use it as mean power in the formula.
And considering that the pulse is surely not rectangular, but rather with a half-wave sine shape, you have to divide the peak power by 2 to get the mean power during 18ns and to multiply by the duty cycle 18*10-9/0.5*10-3 to get the continuous mean power (=0.38W).

Wrong calculation.
The peak power is 21607W, only 21607W.

Thanks exnihiloest, i realized later on that those calculations are being done for rectangular pulses which my pulse is not.

I will review those calculations and in the mean time find a good use for this pulse, if any.

Regards Itsu

@Itsu

In any case, 21607W is a remarquable result. Be sure of the measurement. Sometimes induction in the probe disturbs the measurement, I have had the problem.

Right, i did measure also with a normal probe and a 1:10 resistor divider like you did and the results where comparable as with the HV probe, so i believe the 1100V (and thus the 21.6KW) is accurate.

Anyway, i will make some measurements with different coils coupled to this pulsed coaxial coil to see if any abnormalities can be seen.

Here a video of a few combinations i have tried, but many more are possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6cDvS3hg2A&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

Right, i did measure also with a normal probe and a 1:10 resistor divider like you did and the results where comparable as with the HV probe, so i believe the 1100V (and thus the 21.6KW) is accurate.

Anyway, i will make some measurements with different coils coupled to this pulsed coaxial coil to see if any abnormalities can be seen.

Here a video of a few combinations i have tried, but many more are possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6cDvS3hg2A&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

Great work, obviously you took all the necessary precautions to guarantee a correct measurement! O0

Coupled coils can add ringing phenomena due to capacitance and inductance and so destroy the interest of a sharp and strong pulse. Maybe experimenting the pulses for electrolysis, spark gap, dielectric stress, longitudinal wave could lead to interesting results, and there are surely many other fields to probe with pulses.

Maybe experimenting the pulses for electrolysis,.....

yes, i am working on a stainless steel coax tubing construction to see how it reacts in a electrolysis solution.

Also thanks to Conradelektro, 3zdayz and T1000 for their comments via my YT channel.

Schematic provided in below video, but it is kind of evolved into a MOSFET driven circuit, see this thread on overunity.com:
http://www.overunity.com/12736/kapanadze-cousin-dally-free-energy/960/#.UUmGw1eM71w

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5eqGp8J4EA&feature=youtu.be

Important item is the DSRD (Drift Step Recovery Diode) in my case a Russian KD226D which outperforms other DSR diodes i used.

Next to the SS tubing experiment i will be using a big pancake bifilar coil and some tesla/kacher like coils.

Regards Itsu

yes, i am working on a stainless steel coax tubing construction to see how it reacts in a electrolysis solution.

Also thanks to Conradelektro, 3zdayz and T1000 for their comments via my YT channel.

Schematic provided in below video, but it is kind of evolved into a MOSFET driven circuit, see this thread on overunity.com:
http://www.overunity.com/12736/kapanadze-cousin-dally-free-energy/960/#.UUmGw1eM71w

It's likely that the behavior of the circuit will be quite different from the modelization at http://www.iue.tuwien.ac.at/phd/nentchev/node48.html, due to the high water permittivity.
Another point is the pulse width in comparison with the relaxation time of the ions. Both seem to be of the same order. Moreover the relaxation time can be different between positive and negative ions. So the pulse width could be >, or < or between the relaxation times of ions of both polarities, possibly giving miscellaneous effects.
The frequency response of ionic solutions seems to have been much more studied with continuous signal up to hundreds Ghz than their time response with pulses. So your project of experimenting this field is interesting.

Group: Professor

I was wondering what i can do with this pulse,
When you are done playing with different types of coils let's use the nanopulser to spin-up some copper nuclei immersed in a polarizing static magnetic field.
According to the Reiss Howard patent EP0099946A1 when certain nuclei are spun-up, then they fall apart and release fast electrons  :D

Such experiments would involve winding a Maxwell Coil to obtain a static homogeneous magnetic field and some kind of matter to spin up.  
e.g.:  a copper (or brass) sheet  / thick rod (10s of cm) / thick walled  pipe.

The experiment would look approximately like this:
The nanopulser would be connected to the coil in the middle...
« Last Edit: 2013-04-23, 16:33:31 by verpies »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
It would seem the inductance of the small coil would be incompatible with the fast risetime of the DSRD.

How would we know we have the effect of nuclear spin up?

Could you expand on this or supply any additional info?

I like the basic idea.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Of course the coil in the middle has too high of an inductance for a nanopulse.  I just did not have a better picture on hand.

Conventionally, the resonance would persist for around a second and would be detectable as FID on an oscilloscope.

Unconventionally, I believe that the increased angular momentum of the nucleons would destabilize them (see the Reiss patent) leading to a conversion of unpaired neutrons into protons with emission of very high speed electrons.  These electrons can be trapped inside the "gain medium" e.g. the copper pipe/rod, by Lorentz forces and cause additional neutron conversions, leading to an amplified stimulated directionalized emission of fast electrons by the magnetic + DSRD RF stimulation. Such a pulse of directionalized fast electrons will create huge current pulse in the gain medium (copper/brass pipe/rod/sheet) that can be magnetically coupled and utilized.

Just like in a conventional laser but with a circular path of electrons instead of straight path of photons (and with different confinement mechanism and different origin of energy).

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Thank you for your find of the Howard Reiss patent. For anyone who can wade through it, there are many clues regarding possible operation of the TPU of Steven Mark. A "must read" for serious researchers.

One hypothesis I've considered is the small toroidal coil (a CM choke?) on the TPU is a pulse reflector and  pulse sharpener attached to the ends of the transmission line (lamp cord). (see attachment)

This work is very interesting, as the possible "gain medium" sources are long lived and abundant. Takes some of the mystery out of how devices of the past may have operated.

We will also have to research some of the cited patents.

Would very fine metallic powders have any value as opposed to solid material? e.g. as in Colman_Gillespie?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-23, 23:09:29 by ION »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Would very fine metallic powders have any value as opposed to solid material? e.g. as in Colman_Gillespie?
Definitely.
The advantage of passivated and compressed fine powders over solid metals is their increased resistivity without affecting their density much.
High resistivity is good because it increases the penetration of the nanopulses into the gain medium.

With low resistivity, the RF penetration into conductor is equal to:
D = 503292 * SQRT( R/(f*μr) )
where D: skin depth in mm, R: resistivity  in Ωm, f: frequency in Hertz, μr: relative permeability  

Which for solid copper means that a 100MHz RF signal penetrates it only 6.5μm deep before it is attenuated 63% (or 26μm for 98% attenuation).
So the skin-effect is a major enemy that prevents large volumes of the gain medium matter from being penetrated and excited.
Powderization and passivation increases the resistivity of the gain medium to a point where the skin-effect is mitigated.

Electric current composed of very fast electrons does not require a conductive chunk of metal, thus high resistivity does not have a negative impact on it like it would have on ordinary slow conduction electrons.

P.S.
At lower frequencies the RF penetrates deeper so even a solid brass or copper rod/pipe/sheet should work as the gain medium. The presence of a copper pipe inside a transformer (or coil) is often met with objection on the basis that it constitutes a shorted winding, which kills most of the transformer action through shielding via eddy currents / Lenz effect.  This objection is not applicable here, because the "copper pipe" acts as a source of the electric current and the resulting magnetic field (like a primary winding) not as a shorted secondary winding.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-01, 14:44:11 by verpies »

Still trying to find good use for my nano-pulser.

Seems that it won't work in making HHO, as no bubbles are detected when
sweeping the repetition frequency between 1 and 10Khz with a 1900V / 12nS pulse.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWYNU30dYk&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

I did some further testing, but it looks like my nano-pulse is not making it to the coax tube in the electrolyte.
So no electrolysis will take place.

I hooked up my HV probe to the tube directly, but only a small ac-like ringing signal remains there.

After changing the short coax cable (75 Ohm) by a shorter piece of speaker wire (also 75 Ohm impedance if i remember correctly, but symmetrically), there is a slight improvement, but no where near the 1900V nano-pulse that is across the DSRD.

Perhaps i should shortout the bottom of the coax tubing, or terminate it with a 50 Ohm resistor.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3R3m31KEY&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

Still trying to find good use for my nano-pulser.
Waddaya mean !?
Didn't you read my last 3 posts posts above?

I did some further testing, but it looks like my nano-pulse is not making it to the coax tube in the electrolyte.
That can be caused by either:
1) an impedance mismatch between your DSR Diode circuit and the coax's intrinsic impedance.
2) the DC offset generated by your electrolysis cell is biasing the DSR Diode (destroying the charge carrier front across its junction)

Waddaya mean !?
Didn't you read my last 3 posts posts above?

Right, like what you said here:

When you are done playing with different types of coils let's use the nanopulser to spin-up some copper nuclei immersed in a polarizing static magnetic field.

Offcourse, silly me, will start right away with it   ;)

That can be caused by either:
1) an impedance mismatch between your DSR Diode circuit and the coax's intrinsic impedance.
2) the DC offset generated by your electrolysis cell is biasing the DSR Diode (destroying the charge carrier front across its junction)

Hmmm, would that not also cause "no pulse" when measure across the DSRD directly?
I have a nice 1900V / 12nS pulse there.

Regards Itsu

The cause #2, would

OK, so impedance mismatch is probably the reason for the vanishing pulse.

I first checked out if my cell was working ok, using plain DC.
I got some electrolysis going using 7.8V at 10.5A (82W), so the cell is working.
It shows also that using ohms law i have a resistance of about 0.7 Ohm in this cell.

This 0.7 Ohm is probably the problem as the nano-pulser works best around 50/75 Ohm.

So i filled a jar with plain tap water, and now the DC test showed 40V at 5.5A (220W), meaning 7 Ohm.
Using the nano-pulser with this cell showed a pulse of 500V / 50nS, but no electrolysis.

Lowering the level of plain tap water to only 2cm, increased the pulse to 1250V at 21nS.
However, still no electrolysis visible in this small amount of water.

But it proves that the resistance of the cell is very important to get out a good pulse.

Next i will try to make a electrolysis mixture which has high resistance (acid?  alkaline?)
or have to redo my coax tubing dimensions, like a much smaller inner tube diameter.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsU0Zt_3EmE&feature=youtu.be

Regards itsu

Next i will try to make a electrolysis mixture which has high resistance (acid?  alkaline?)
Rather a distilled deionized water that is completely nonconductive like in the cell described here...and with a series diode.
A Video of breaking down non-conductive pure water is here.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-04, 16:59:01 by verpies »

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Itsu look at this

http://www.aa5tb.com/loop.html

As you are a radio Ham you should know about these, the thing is to adapt the principle to the tubes, and yes the water should be distilled or it will not work as it will see a short.

just thought this would help, by the way water vapour will split instantly, but I can't go into that, but not stopping you from doing it O0

Mike 8)
« Last Edit: 2013-05-04, 18:20:28 by Centraflow »

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Tinkerer

Centraflow,

The link above is missing the final "l"
It is a most informative page:

Small Transmitting Loop Antennas

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Centraflow,

The link above is missing the final "l"
It is a most informative page:

Small Transmitting Loop Antennas

Glad you like it Dumped, I used the principle of this for RF splitting of water mist and if you modulate the carrier or inject two carriers, well that is for others to find out ^-^

Mike 8)

P.S. corrected link, thanks

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Thanks verpies and centraflow for your comments.

I will study the mentioned links.

But as i had some double distilled water available, i just poured a cup and did some testing.

The nano-pulser behaves much better now with this water, i have a 1160V / 40nS pulse with some ringing.
Probably the resistance now is much higher then is good for the nano-pulser.

later on i measured/calculated that the resistance of the cell is 1805 Ohm.

Still no HHO to be produced, guess i now have to lower the cells resistance to ideally 50 Ohm.
Or use the link from centraflow to build a matching device to match the 1800 Ohm of the cell to the 50 ohm of the nano-pulser.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpxYfgbbPCI&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 16:07:46