PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 04:59:55
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Don Smith's Briefcase Replication  (Read 52043 times)
Group: Guest
hello , have you seen this document ?

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Smith.pdf

John

I have a NST that has the label rating printed as:

120vac @ .32A = 38.4W for the Input
2500v @ .028A = 70w for the Output

COP = 1.8

And every NST I have seen on the web is roughly showing the same COP.

I grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana, home of the Farnsworth House where Philo invented the TV. Our hometown electronics store was Pembleton's Electronics. Fred Pembleton was an authoritative man that frequently gave heck to the green engineers from Magnavox who would come in with their bright ideas telling them "your thinking to much, keep it simple stupid". They would huff off laughing to themselves that he was a fool only to come back a week later and seek his insight.

Mr. Pembleton knew Farnsworth, Einstein, Tesla, Steinmetz, and worked with them in the 20's. When I first started seeking th OU grail 20 years ago Mr. Pembleton questioned why I was purchasing such a hodgepodge of parts. I told him and instead of getting the usual "won't work, can't get more out that you put in", he said "Well, we have a scientist amongst us".

This gave me confidence and I pressed on. Of course I was no scientist, no college, just a newbie technician tinkering around. A few years later I was at a brick wall and decided to seek Mr. Pembletons wisdom. I asked him if he knew anything to help me along, he said:

"Of course I do but you have to find it on your own, thinking OU takes a paradigm shift in your thinking of open and closed systems, your classical training is bullshit. The law of conservation of energy is bullshit, a singularity created to satisfy complex equations that could not be completed with out it."

I ask him if he did it, he said " Yes we all did, many times, Tesla did the most, but we are prevented from going further"

He never asked anymore how I was doing after that, or brought up the subject, and when I tried to strike up a conversation on the matter, he acted like he never heard me.

I find it interesting that Mr. Smith mentioned Mr. Farnsworth's device as being OU, and the NST's, this is what makes me think he was onto something and trying to tell us by making such blatantly erroneous statements, in other words "I just said something stupid, look at it".

His bumbling oratory during the videos while being questioned does not sound like a well versed snake oil salesman, but more like a professional who's been instructed to lie, and is trying to formulate it while saving his pride. He did not do a good job at that and now many take him for a nut. I for one do not subscribe to that asseveration.

Clint:

I have a NST that has the label rating printed as:

120vac @ .32A = 38.4W for the Input
2500v @ .028A = 70w for the Output

COP = 1.8

That's just an industry-specific specification for the NST, it's not an over unity device or a COP > 1 device at all.  That's a classic example where double-checking and questioning is an important part of the learning process.  There have been several threads on the other forums about the specs for a NST.

You would have to look up the specifics to get the real story, but I can hazard a guess.  The output spec is for people designing neon signs.  It has something to do with the transformer's ability to illuminate a neon tube in the form of a "burn."  When the output voltage reaches 2500 volts and you ignite a burn, the average current is 0.028 amperes for a certain amount of time at 70 watts power.  So the average wattage is higher, but that's only during the burn.  When there is no burn and the neon sign is off, then the average power output is zero.  When you average the two averages together, they will be less than 38.4 watts.

The neon sign transformer companies are simply making it easier for non-technical people to spec in the right neon sign transformer.  There is no COP > 1.

MileHigh

So your thinking is that after the sign has lit that is takes much less current to keep the arc going for the length of tube spec'd? The way I read the specifications was that the NST needed to deliver .028w for the full length (29" of tube), less if less tube was used.

So your thinking is that after the sign has lit that is takes much less current to keep the arc going for the length of tube spec'd? The way I read the specifications was that the NST needed to deliver .028w for the full length (29" of tube), less if less tube was used.

No, more like the burn might typically be on only 50% of the time during a full cycle.  The actual current waveform through the tube will probably look like a chopped sinusoid, and the voltage will be nearly constant.  I am guessing that the people designing neon signs need to know the power when the neon tube is actually lit, a.k.a; experiencing a burn.  They don't care about when the tube is off.  That's why you see what appears to be a higher output power.  They are quoting the output power when the burn is on only.  The transformer transfers energy into the tube that was stored during the time there was no burn going on.   It's gotta be something like that.

MileHigh

Interesting perspective, makes sense and demands a closer look.

Group: Tinkerer

Most Neon Sign Transformers today are electronic in nature.

A high frequency oscillator powers the small step up transformer
and the circuitry contains sensory ability to limit power consumption
and output.

Once the neon sign illuminates by ionization and begins to draw
current from the transformer there is an abrupt decrease in output
voltage with current limiting.  The output power is always less than
the input power.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Just got off the phone with a Ventex Engineer, the power supplies are constant current constant voltage 35 khz symetrical waveform to each anode. So if a NST specification says it will supply 2500v at .028 mA in order to drive 30" of tube once the tube is lit it will sustain the 2500v at .028mA at 35khz to keep the tube lit.

From the Ventex engineers we have OU and wikipedia states the same requirements for the lighting function.

Which is why Don had the rectification diodes in place because when one anode is -2500 the other is 0.

hello , have you seen this document ?

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Smith.pdf

John
Yes, those who're really interested in Smith have quite possibly GOOGLEd the 'Web address by now.  I have a backup copy on my 'thumb drive'.

--Lee

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 04:59:55