PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 18:45:43
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Some "New" Observations  (Read 290936 times)
Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
EM,

Could you illustrate what you were doing?

Thanks.

That would be very helpful. A simple pictorial schematic is worth thousands of words.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

That's a nice experiment EM, and somewhat reminiscent of experiments we were doing a while back with loops of various materials freely suspended and with currents induced. I don't know where the thread is now to direct you there, but when you hit the major resonance it can be heard throughout the house. We used piezo pickups embedded in the loop, or an electret microphone nearby to determine the resonant peaks...there were many!

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Professor

Consider two large horizontal loops that are fed an AC signal of the same frequency. Depending on the phase of the signals sent into the loops, there will be either an attractive or a repulsive force for each half cycle of the AC waveform between the loops.

Put another way, there will be a push apart due to the positive half cycle and a push apart due to the negative half cycle of the AC waveform. Reverse the phase to one of the loops and instead of a push apart, the loops are in attraction.
The maximum push or pull occurs when the currents in the loop are in phase or in antiphase.  At other phases the force is less and at 90 degree phase the rectification effect is zero, you get cyclic force.

This mechanical rectification of motion has always interested me, and is what allows Universal motors able to run in one direction despite the constantly reversing direction of current and voltage on AC mains.

Now vary the frequency of one loop just slightly off from the other and the effect will rotate the mechanical attraction or repulsion at the difference frequency around the loop.

No it won't, you will get cyclic force at the difference frequency.  The force does not move around the loop except at very high frequencies when there is significant phase delay along the conductor, i.e. when the conductor length per turn is a significant part of a wavelength or multiple wavelengths.  At low frequencies you have to look for other means to get phase delay along the conductor such as mechanical features like acoustic delay.  Then you can get different parts of the loop moving differently.

Conversely one loop could be trimmed in length to change the standing wave into a rotating wave of attractions (or repulsions, depending on phasing) around the loop. This is a mechanical force that rotates around the loop if I am correct in visualizing all this.

Yes this is possible either at very high frequencies or using the acoustic type resonance.

Then all that may be needed is a way to have that mechanical motion translate into the motion of the electrons in the wire. Perhaps here enters  SM's garden hose analogy,lifting the hose to produce a "hill" in the hose, which forces the water out one end. So we need not really a wave, but a hill (lifting the hose, and moving the lifted area along the hose). The mechanical rectification creates the "hill". Ordinary wave motion will not do the job as it will just force the electrons into the hills and valleys, but not move them along the wire. Pure wave motion would require a third frequency to modulate the wave to move electrons around the loop.

One thing you can do with ferromagnetic wire is create rotating magnetic fields within the wire.  Now you are not using acoustic or any other phase delay in the wire, you simply have say MHz rotation rates.  An interesting feature of a section of such wire that is magnetized along the section, but then the field leaves the wire at each end of the section, is that spin-polarized conduction electrons are pulled into the middle where the field is greatest.  I.e. you can create an electron bunch.  Now if that magnetization is rotating around the loop the electron bunch also rotates.  It looks like cars on a motorway travelling in groups.  Maybe this is a way to get DC since all the cars would be travelling the same way.

The loops could also be coiled up into multi turn electromagnets, but not rigidly fixed solenoids. The multi turn wire loops must be free to flex around the circumference in order to create relative mechanical motion between the loops and the circulating physical hill or valley in the wire.

Not if the hill or valley is a magnetic one, only the magnetic valley actually moves along the wire.

Just thinking out loud, have not tried this, but it seems to explain the use of the very floppy wires seen in the early video showing the core being cut apart. Also this idea seems to explain the thickness of the smaller units when the loops are multi turn and coiled within that structure, but free to move relative each other, perhaps suspended in a foam rubber surrounding.

I don't believe we will see the effect if our windings are tightly wound on rigid formers, which prevent the relative mechanical motion of the loops.

It would also explain the mechanical vibration felt by observers, and the slight gyroscopic force. Study ring resonators and it will become clearer.

This effect was probably noted in SM's dual voice coil research, where one of the voice coils came loose off the former allowing a degree of freedom against the other voice coil.

It also occurs to me that if the excitation AC signal is capacitively  or inductively coupled, the DC might be free to appear on the loops themselves, or possibly even between the loops if they remain electrically  iisolated from each other.

Remember, SM was an acoustics guy, experimenting with dual voice coil speakers in an attempt to get a spatial sound field out of a single speaker. This would require phase information differences between the coils as well as another degree of freedom  of motion (besides linear) in the piston of the loudspeaker

I wrote some of this up in the "Acoustic Resonator Hypothesis" a good while back but it was forgotten.

I published a paper on a separate TPU theme here suggesting how movement might obtain energy from the Earth's scalar magnetic potential.  I am in the process of producing another one that deals with the Earth's vector magnetic potential.

Smudge

Smudge

Thank you for taking the time to read, respond and correct my errors in conceptualization.

Will look forward to your new paper, as always.

Regards, ION

P.S. I would be interested to see an expansion of what you think might work regarding acoustic or vibrational effects or strictly magnetic with vibrational side effects, as I believe that working towards a hypothesis that conforms to the known effects (weakly gyroscopic, slight vibration, a washboard effect when pushed through the air, DC output without electronic rectifiers, magnet sticking on iron wire, high power density) are major clues to reverse engineering the device.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-08, 12:50:14 by ION »

From EM

The vibratory rectification to me is simply a wire vibrating in the magnetic field of an electromagnet.  When it moves one way, the B field has one polarity, and when the wire moves the other way, the magnetic field has a reverse polarity.
The question is what moves the wire, and is it an OU phenomena?

Not sure what you mean by rectification in this sense as it seems to me the wire will produce AC as it vibrates in the magnetic field. The vibratory motion of the wire itself will trace out an alternating mechanical pattern, unless there is an adjacent wire carrying an equal but opposite AC current, then the motion of the wire can be considered "full wave rectified", 2 attractions per cycle or two repulsions per cycle depending on the phasing of the wires. Note that the wires here described are immersed in each others AC pulsating field.

Could you expand on your definition of rectification in regards to the explanation above?

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
The Lorentz Force moves the wire.  Tension on the wire moves it back, so it vibrates back and forth.

It would be nice if you could keep it moving in one direction, then you'd have DC.  Like a solenoid coil rolled into a loop, with a magnet rotating inside it.  Since this is impractical, you need to replace the magnet with other forces.  You need two perpendicular forces, and precession.  One of the force sources must rotate.  A magnetic field causes precession inherently, so it has this advantage over other forces that apply in a single direction.

You should be able to combine magnetic fields, but I'm not sure how to apply them at the moment.

The Lorentz Force moves the wire.  Tension on the wire moves it back, so it vibrates back and forth.

It would be nice if you could keep it moving in one direction, then you'd have DC.  Like a solenoid coil rolled into a loop, with a magnet rotating inside it.  Since this is impractical, you need to replace the magnet with other forces.  You need two perpendicular forces, and precession.  One of the force sources must rotate.  A magnetic field causes precession inherently, so it has this advantage over other forces that apply in a single direction.

You should be able to combine magnetic fields, but I'm not sure how to apply them at the moment.

Regarding your first two sentences, yes that is a known. I'm trying to understand EM's definition of "rectification" as he used it in the post he made that I referenced, because I see no rectification.

As far as moving the wire in one direction, the wire could also be stationary and the field is moving in one direction and continually cuts it, then you will get DC from the wire, but this is not rectification in the electronic sense, where the negative half cycles are inverted into the space between the positive half cycles (full wave rectification), or where alternate cycles of an AC waveform are blocked, allowing only the positive or negative half cycles of an AC waveform through (half wave rectification).

Earlier,  I was referring to the mechanical analogue of electrical full wave rectification as it applies to currents flowing between wires, and the motion of those wires depending on the phasing.

So if the wire vibrates in a static B field, the voltage induced in the wire is AC, however, if the wire vibrates in a B field produced by an electromagnet, now we can control it and reverse it in polarity.  By reversing it at the same frequency as the vibration of the wire, and with the correct phase, the induced voltage on the wire will resemble a rectified waveform, of one polarity only.

It can be easily understood by analyzing the eq.   V=(v X B)*L, where lowecase 'v' is the velocity of the wire and 'L' the length.  So for example, if 'v' is sinusoidal, and we also drive 'B' with the same frequency and phase, then their product will always be of one polarity.  Thats what I envision as vibratory "rectification".
So in the TPU, if the vibrating winding and the transverse winding are driven by the same signal, this could be a potential explanation for how DC voltage gets produced.

Yes and this is the same as what I have been saying about two parallel wires driven at the same frequency. Now if we only drive one wire, and the second wire were shorted, there will be an induced current in the second wire at the same frequency. However we can effectively short it by putting a large value capacitor across it which will act as a near short yet collect the DC induced by the vibration. This does not occur in normal transformer action, because the windings are tight and cannot vibrate, so only AC will be produced on the second wire.

SM said "you have to create the worst case scenario". A transformer with a shorted secondary is the worst case scenario, as anyone who has shorted the secondary of a transformer knows, there are large mechanical forces placed upon the wires in such a condition. They would like to vibrate  but are severely limited in their range of motion. What vibration is possible is usually heard as a very loud hum emanating from the transformer. But what if we design our transformer such that the secondary wires are free to vibrate?

A while back I speculated on the 5U4 setup that SM referred to, that under certain conditions the windings of a transformer could become loose. This would happen if the transformer was used beyond it's capacity for a long time where enough heat was generated to degrade the paper between the windings by charring it and cooking off the varnish. In this situation the windings would become loose and have more of a tendency to vibrate.

To test all this, large currents are needed in the wires, but fortunately a low voltage will suffice. The wires will indeed get warm or even hot due to the high currents, perhaps a necessary part of the operation of the device, as SM said.

SM asked us to demonstrate this with the jumping battery cables to get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXKihkHjYes

Group: Guest
« Last Edit: 2015-08-13, 13:59:26 by wings »

The Ringing sine waves produced during rapid rise time pulsing of a copper loop of wire
can not be associated with either wire resonant length or NMR resonance.  It is my belief
these near 5 Mhz waves are of a torsional nature and are a reflection of gravity waves or
tempic field waves having to do with light velocity in copper.  The distance of 44.5
feet as found in Lyle Lathems coils, is 1/4 wavelength of this natural frequency showing
up in copper wire that is receiving a torsion shock. Lyles coils produce a strong torsion
field because a 1/4 wave length is a canceling stub and creates a scalar canceling of the
gravity waves.

Tempic field waves...   Where have I heard that before?

Oh yes, W.B. Smith.  It's the field we always assume is constant and throw out of our
equations, referring only to the electric and magnetic fields as being important.

http://www.resonantfractals.org/Magnetism/GyroEffects.htm

Was it verified by experiments? There are too many theories just floating around... ;)

so I have some interesting results from a very simple circuit, shown below, which is a saturable reactor tuned with a capacitor.   With this circuit I was able to get a maximum frequency multiplication of 10x.  

As the applied voltage and current increase (sinewave 400Hz or so), the core saturates and its inductance plummets rapidly to a low value.  This drop occurs faster then the largest voltage change (dV/dt) at the 10x frequency, making it possible for the capacitor to oscillate with the coil (4kHz or so).   Think of it as a magnetic switch that just slammed closed (or low inductance).   The tape wound cores are just phenomenal!

Another observation I made is with a permanent magnet.  While the circuit was in operation, i brought a magnet close to the saturable reactor,  and a loud sound started emanating from the core.  The shape of the waveform on the oscilloscope did not change at all when the sound appeared.  This sound is probably around the 10x frequency based on its pitch.  It's very interesting that the sound is not audible except with the magnet present.  Other cores I tried made the sound without the external magnet.

Yes, when the core saturates the inductance drops significantly so the frequency will go up. Be interesting to see your wave forms.

If you could post the inductance of the core and type,  and approximate capacitance, I will try to duplicate the results. Were you driving directly from a signal generator or through an amplifier. Was there any series impedance or a resistor to the gen.?

Thanks ION

EM

A quick and dirty sketch, even on the back of a napkin would help us to replicate.

Thanks

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Thought this might interest one or two after being asked, this exact circuit has not been built with the iron coil, a similar circuit with a ferrite core has been built and is very efficient but not OU.

This is a take on what might work using an iron wound coil as the core, which also generates the charge back without affecting the main circuit, which has always proved a problem with ferrite.

Here the frequencies can be kept low, the circuit is all passive components and easy to build.

A magnet is needed to bias the reed switch to get it going "rings a bell?"

regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Mike

As far as we have been able to determine, all of the TPU's produced a DC output without the use of rectifiers.

I see your design has an output transformer??

Buy me a beer
Mike

As far as we have been able to determine, all of the TPU's produced a DC output without the use of rectifiers.

I see your design has an output transformer??

Yes I did hear this also, but that makes it even stranger. Maybe it was rectified because of the AC frequency being much higher or lower than 50 or 60Hz required for the items he plugged into the TPU, apart from lights, or even lights if it was say an 8Hz frequency :-\

regards

Mike 8)

PS I have run a similar design with ferrite cores and a frequency in the lower 1KHz with a different feedback. Feedback is the big problem, just thought this might solve the problem using this iron coil core as the return energy to keep the cap charged. Also I have problems with my keyboard blocking when it is running as it runs with multiple frequencies all mixed together.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
A homopolar generator also has a DC output.

I've always viewed the TPU as a "motionless homopolar generator" based on the rotating compass claim from SM, the intertial effect in the videos, and the DC output with hash.

Coincidentally, a compass, being a conductive needle, will also rotate in response to an electric field.
SM's clamp meter inside the TPU ring showed "something" was moving around or changing to effect the meter.

Thought this might interest one or two after being asked, this exact circuit has not been built with the iron coil, a similar circuit with a ferrite core has been built and is very efficient but not OU.

This is a take on what might work using an iron wound coil as the core, which also generates the charge back without affecting the main circuit, which has always proved a problem with ferrite.

Here the frequencies can be kept low, the circuit is all passive components and easy to build.

A magnet is needed to bias the reed switch to get it going "rings a bell?"

regards

Mike 8)

Thank you for posting this Mike,

I find this to be a very interesting circuit, It self oscillates? No transistors and efficient very nice!

"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Buy me a beer

I find this to be a very interesting circuit, It self oscillates? No transistors and efficient very nice!

Yes self oscillates

Here is a scope shot of the output of the switch (green trace) and the primary of the output transformer (yellow trace).

Note the very high voltages on the input and also the primary of the transformer.

Battery used for this 12.56v running, voltage across 0.1 ohm ohmite = 37mv,

No return charge, but 92.9v on secondary into  3w 240v supper bright led bulb (the led bulb has to be tested for output at this voltage of 92.9v) problem for testing is the frequency it is running at.

This output is very low power, it is not OU but very efficient. This was only a test bed for a proof of concept of creating what might be called escalating noise.

Anyway it is a good entry into how a TPU might work

regards

Mike 8)

Congratulations! You've invented the Mag-Amp with Feedback!     :D

Hi Room3327

On the  other thread you stated that you found the TPU interesting for some of the same reasons I did.

I wonder if you could expand on that, as there was some info that was never made public that a lot of the scoffers don't have access to, so I understand their position.

Mike:

I find your circuit interesting but very hard to read in it's present format. Any way to improve the contrast, and make the format more readable? What program do you use to draw it. I recommend TinyCad, free download and good contrast.

Edit: It's a bit easier to read if downloaded then viewed. So the reed switch is acting as an interrupter placed as it is in the output transformer. So this is a relay oscillator circuit with trimmings?

Hi Room3327

On the  other thread you stated that you found the TPU interesting for some of the same reasons I did.

I wonder if you could expand on that, as there was some info that was never made public that a lot of the scoffers don't have access to, so I understand their position.

Hi ION,
You were wondering where I'm coming from, I'll tell you right now some recent posts you have made could have been written by me. It wasn't some of the same reasons it was all of them. I highly agree with most of what you say,  as far as secret info I have never been privy to such, I only know what is public info but I have studied that quite thoroughly.

One additional  point that keeps my interest in the TPU is the weight factor, power to weight ratio, if the TPU was faked there is no known batteries (or energy supply I know of) that could have provided the amount of power demonstrated for the length of time it was shown. Most of the toroid's I have wound in what I would suspect is a very similar manner to SM have weighed almost exactly the same as his and no batteries, so that tells me something.

Room

"Whatever our resources of primary energy may be in the future, we must, to be rational, obtain it without consumption of any material"  Nicola Tesla

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Buy me a beer

Mike:

I find your circuit interesting but very hard to read in it's present format. Any way to improve the contrast, and make the format more readable? What program do you use to draw it. I recommend TinyCad, free download and good contrast.

Edit: It's a bit easier to read if downloaded then viewed. So the reed switch is acting as an interrupter placed as it is in the output transformer. So this is a relay oscillator circuit with trimmings?

LT spice, I can post the file if you want, please let me know O0

The original used a mosfet driven by an SG, this is self aligning as far as frequency is concerned, and of course no other possible input.

As I have stated before, some years ago I had it running on a depleted LAB for days until the battery failed internally from the feed back :'(

The trick is in the frequency/power addition.

regards

Mike 8)

I'm curious about the physical layout of your coils and the iron wire placement. I see that pairs of coils are in buck mode, from the + sign on them. Does the iron wire go through the center of the coils then double back as in your schematic?

Could you explain why the pairs of coils are in buck mode?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 18:45:43