PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 18:26:18
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Independent lab results testing E-cat device - very impressive!  (Read 36680 times)
Group: Guest
So I went to this site and read (at the bottom of this report you linked):

It has a June 2013 date!  so this does NOT specifically address the more recent 2014 tests at all.

Also, who is Gary Wright?

posted only for the device picture

Group: Professor

OK, thanks Wings.

In order to replicate / move forward, I'm looking for sources for
1   Lithium Aluminum Hydride
2  Lithium Boron Hydride
3  Nickel powder
and
4   Lithium hydride

Any ideas?  e.g., what form of lithium is in a lithium battery?

« Last Edit: 2014-10-15, 04:26:41 by PhysicsProf »

Announcement of d-t fusion device being developed at Lockheed... pls add any additional sources you find...
This from Yahoo news:

Lockheed says makes breakthrough on fusion energy project
Reuters By Andrea Shalal
3 hours ago
By Andrea Shalal

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp said on Wednesday it had made a technological breakthrough in developing a power source based on nuclear fusion, and the first reactors, small enough to fit on the back of a truck, could be ready for use in a decade.

Tom McGuire, who heads the project, said he and a small team had been working on fusion energy at Lockheed's secretive Skunk Works for about four years, but were now going public to find potential partners in industry and government for their work.

Initial work demonstrated the feasibility of building a 100-megawatt reactor measuring seven feet by 10 feet, which could fit on the back of a large truck, and is about 10 times smaller than current reactors, McGuire told reporters.

In a statement, the company, the Pentagon's largest supplier, said it would build and test a compact fusion reactor in less than a year, and build a prototype in five years.

In recent years, Lockheed has gotten increasingly involved in a variety of alternate energy projects, including several ocean energy projects, as it looks to offset a decline in U.S. and European military spending.

View galleryChief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin Corp Hewson …
Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin Corp Marillyn Hewson speaks to journalists at a news conf …
Lockheed's work on fusion energy could help in developing new power sources amid increasing global conflicts over energy, and as projections show there will be a 40 percent to 50 percent increase in energy use over the next generation, McGuire said.

If it proves feasible, Lockheed's work would mark a key breakthrough in a field that scientists have long eyed as promising, but which has not yet yielded viable power systems. The effort seeks to harness the energy released during nuclear fusion, when atoms combine into more stable forms.

"We can make a big difference on the energy front," McGuire said, noting Lockheed's 60 years of research on nuclear fusion as a potential energy source that is safer and more efficient than current reactors based on nuclear fission.

Lockheed sees the project as part of a comprehensive approach to solving global energy and climate change problems.

Compact nuclear fusion would produce far less waste than coal-powered plants since it would use deuterium-tritium fuel, which can generate nearly 10 million times more energy than the same amount of fossil fuels, the company said.

Ultra-dense deuterium, an isotope of hydrogen, is found in the earth's oceans, and tritium is made from natural lithium deposits.

It said future reactors could use a different fuel and eliminate radioactive waste completely.

McGuire said the company had several patents pending for the work and was looking for partners in academia, industry and among government laboratories to advance the work.

Lockheed said it had shown it could complete a design, build and test it in as little as a year, which should produce an operational reactor in 10 years, McGuire said. A small reactor could power a U.S. Navy warship, and eliminate the need for other fuel sources that pose logistical challenges.

U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers run on nuclear power, but they have large fission reactors on board that have to be replaced on a regular cycle.

"What makes our project really interesting and feasible is that timeline as a potential solution," McGuire said.

By saying its 10 years out, they should avoid flack I think...
Clearly, HOT fusion.

OK, thanks Wings.

In order to replicate / move forward, I'm looking for sources for
1   Lithium Aluminum Hydride
2  Lithium Boron Hydride
3  Nickel powder
and
4   Lithium hydride

Any ideas?  e.g., what form of lithium is in a lithium battery?
3) Nickel powder only  :(
http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/copper-nano-powder/product-detailhBQmkSXEatVI/China-Ultrafine-Nickel-Powder.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg43121.html
"in the Rossi ECAT and it seems more in keeping with what is listed in the patent as: Powder nickel: Gerli Metalli--Milan Italy"

The ECAT should be be a Piantelli patent spin of see more precise cold fusion with nickel powder effect:
http://newenergytimes.com/v2/commerce/patents/Piantelli-2013-EP2368252B1.pdf
Long story in Italy _ Cold fusion start with Giuliano Preparata and Emilio Del Giudice with god results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_sHXk2ixbc
Giuliano Preparata his reference here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuliano_Preparata
http://newenergytimes.com/v2/views/Group1/Preparata.shtml
http://www.worldsci.org/php/index.php?tab0=Scientists&tab1=Scientists&tab2=Display&id=1555

Emilio del Giudice explain the hydrogen loading into palladium and that the cold fusion is opposed and dangerous used for military technology in micro atomic bomb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38te4Ls6DQM
loading process and cold fusion http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Antonella_Ninno/publication/232805893_COHERENT_NUCLEAR_REACTIONS_IN_CONDENSED_MATTER/links/0fcfd5097933183ebf000000.

regarding Preparata_Del Giudice on CF

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Steven, you might try here for lithium aluminium hydride, also have other chemicals

http://ushitechs.fm.alibaba.com/company_profile/r_d_capacity.html

Tel:- 1-203-6614040  Mr. Robert Lee

They are in Arizona and might supply a sample for R&D as you only need a few grams which could be sent through the post

regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
I think you would have to charge the lithium with electrolytic hydrogen, and I don't think that is a problem as with 3bar of pressure (mains water supply pressure) using a simple electrolysis setup at 20c it will absorb the hydrogen.

I believe when heated above 80c the hydrogen will be given off as monatomic H1 turning to H2 in the usual 350msec, but at 1000c it will remain as H1 in the reactor and so start the proton exchange, if I have it right :-\

anyway that is your expertise and not mine ^-^ just thinking aloud on the last part

best regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Doing my usual investigation ;D I have come up with what might be a better bet

Lithium Triethylborohydride

The structure of LiTEBH causes the compound to be a very strong hydride source. Hydrogen is more electronegative than boron which causes the B-H bond to be strongly polarized with boron having a partial positive charge and hydrogen having a partial negative charge. The ethyl groups on the boron also aids to this abnormal polarizability by removing additional electron density from the boron making it even more electropositive. This polarization of the B-Et and B-H bonds causes the hydrogen to be in the (-I) oxidation state instead of its usual (+I) oxidation state which leads to its high reactivity with atoms that can accept electrons to allow the hydrogen to go to its (+I) oxidation state.  O0

regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Lithium triethylborohydride (LiEt3BH), commonly abbreviated to LiTEBH or Superhydride, is a powerful and selective reducing agent used in inorganic and organic chemistry. LiTEBH is far more powerful than lithium borohydride and more powerful than lithium aluminium hydride (LAH) in many cases. One of the main advantages of LiTEBH is that it is safer than LAH.

Good sleuthing, Mike!

O0

LiTEBH is far more powerful than lithium borohydride and more powerful than lithium aluminium hydride (LAH) in many cases. One of the main advantages of LiTEBH is that it is safer than LAH.

I'm checking into it!
Steve

Buy me a beer
ION and all

There still seems to be a frequency relation to how this works, especially when in self run mode "no input power", it is the way the reaction is controlled.

Here is a quote:-

These were fed electricity by a TRIAC power regulator which “interrupted each phase periodically, in order to modulate power input with an industrial trade secret waveform.” This procedure was needed to activate the E-Cat charge and did not affect the power consumption of the device which remained constant throughout the test.

Note says each phase and not the phases, that I read into each phase has it's own modulation, maybe frequency, certainly special wave form as stated.

This has been stated in various places about frequency and waveform "secret".

regards

Mike 8)

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
modulate power input with an industrial trade secret waveform.
????

What is known about triac triggering:

For a Triac regulator powered from the 50 or 60 Hertz line there are only two firing modes possible, since the Triac is somewhat similar to an inverse parallel SCR i.e. once triggered it normally remains on for the remainder of the cycle.

The two industrial standard modes that I know of are:

Zero Voltage Switched: The device is triggered on at the very beginning of the AC cycle and the number of on to off cycles are controlled to modulate power. This reduces EMI but does not have the resolution of control that phase angle firing has unless long duty cycles are used. Long duty cycles would be unsuitable for the E-CAT as it would produce visible modulations in heat output.

Phase Angle Fired: The phase angle or firing point from zero to 180 degrees is controlled for each half cycle, then the triac remains on for the remainder of the cycle. This is the type used in the lowly wall mounted lamp dimmer. It has greater resolution but produces large amounts of EMI. This mode is more likely to have been used with the E-CAT.

There is a possibility to use a blend of the two modes for greater control resolution and low EMI.

Under certain conditions it is possible to commutate a triac to the off state after it has been turned on leading to more complex modes.

There are further complex modes using FET's or IGBT's  such as inverse phase angle or peak spread or it's inverse.

Most of the complex modes are well known to designers of industrial power control circuitry, there are very few secrets here using Triacs.

If there is some secret heater driving mode to the E-CAT in addition to fuel type, the project becomes exceedingly more difficult sans harmonic signatures.

Regardless of the control mode, they all produce harmonic signatures.

Input and output power was measured using devices that also recorded harmonics, so the info should be available from the signatures, in which case it is no longer secret, and we can reverse engineer the control mode from the harmonic signatures.

From the clumsy and in my opinion very poor lab test setups, I have doubts that Rossi himself is capable of designing such complex control circuitry.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Buy me a beer
Yes I find it strange, but there you are, it was put in writing as so and I'm only quoting. ???

I used to control a 12kw water heating system using triacs switching 3kw at a time "3kw heaters X4" but as you say that was hard on and hard off, not like using mosfets at high frequencies switching DC.

It was also stated that DC would not start the reaction, so there has to be something in AC that triggers the reaction.

Just thinking allowed here ION, nothing else, you are the expert on the possibilities O0  just reading into what has been stated as an important part of starting and controlling the reaction :-\

regards

Mike 8)

Re: Rossi and hydrogen + metal fusion/transmutation (whatever you want to call it) - we should recognize that light-hydrogen H + metal M experiments have been going on long before Rossi.

Iwamura in Japan comes to mind, dating to 1990's IIRC --  and BYU experiments dating to 1986 began with H2O and copper.

Does anyone know of a thorough time-line history of  light-hydrogen H + metal M experiments ??

Buy me a beer
Total up to 2006 O0

regards

Mike 8)

MIT :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMx1mpcokBk

"Last week Jan 27-31, 2014 I attended the Cold Fusion IAP course at MIT, and filmed the lectures for ColdFusionNow.org I highly recommend viewing those lectures for anyone who would like dense scientific information on Cold Fusion."

Thanks, guys!

I'm particularly enjoying Srini's well-referenced history.  Very helpful, thanks Mike. O0

Thanks, guys!

I'm particularly enjoying Srini's well-referenced history.  Very helpful, thanks Mike. O0

You can also find a general history of LENR we posted here http://chavascience.com/index.php/en/hydrogen/lenr-anomalous-heat

cheers.
Mark.

You can also find a general history of LENR we posted here http://chavascience.com/index.php/en/hydrogen/lenr-anomalous-heat

cheers.
Mark.

Excellent, thank you, Mark.
 O0
Based on your study of the history, can you tell me who was the FIRST to claim significant results using LIGHT water or H2?

I recall that for P&F replicators, H2O was the "control".  That persists today at SKINR (Univ of Missouri) and in Italian D2O expts, etc.

But I mean -- who was the first to claim anomalous heat OR   LENR effects when H2 (not D2) was involved?
« Last Edit: 2014-10-21, 02:53:07 by PhysicsProf »

Yoshiaki Arata, from Osaka University, who claimed in a demonstration to produce excess heat when deuterium gas was introduced into a cell containing a mixture of Nickel palladium and zirconium
Zirconium  and water Advantage or Disadvantage?

One disadvantage of zirconium alloys is their reactivity toward water at high temperatures leading to the formation of hydrogen gas and to the accelerated degradation of the fuel rod cladding:
Zr + 2 H2O → ZrO2 + 2 H2
This exothermic reaction is very slow below 100 °C, but at temperature above 900 °C the reaction is rapid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PS2v1kN1U8&list=UUH78efhknLR-cuL9w2hVcUQ

in the video MANELAS DEVICE
« Last Edit: 2014-10-20, 23:51:35 by wings »

Another insightful review, updated in 2012:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEastudentsg.pdf

Group: Ambassador

Wings
as always very helpful

On your link for the "MANELAS device"

"snip"
Manelas Device has been producing 60
watts For the past 20 months.

----------------------

thx
Chet

Buy me a beer
Another insightful review, updated in 2012:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEastudentsg.pdf

Thanks Steven, also I found the possible explanations interesting, it is a pity I am a long way from you and the possible labs you may have access to, I think I have found a way of instigating the reaction and controlling it.

The two pdf's have given me insight as to the workings or possible workings in relation to the work I have done, I would need to have analysis on site of which I do not have.

I find the change of hydrogen to deuterium and then tritium idea explains a few things at this end, also exotic metals are not needed, common metals can be used and alloys might just be better.

Loading of hydrogen into the electrode (metal) by a recoil method where possibly two hydrogens hit one another at the metal surface creating deuterium and secondary reactions is a big possibility. O0

regards

Mike 8)

A Student’s Guide to Cold Fusion

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/library/2012/2012Storms-Students-Guide.pdf

Note: same as my reply #70 above... we're thinking along same lines! 
There are earlier reviews (as noted above), but this seems to be the most recent review- updated in 2012.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 18:26:18