PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 20:24:28
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peswiki JT Article  (Read 5810 times)
Group: Guest
Found this rather interesting, but haven't seen any reference to this Peswiki article on the forum, so just wanted to bring this to peoples attention.

http://pesn.com/2011/05/27/9501835_Steven_E_Jones_demonstrates_overunity_circuit/

What I find rather odd is that Sterling Allen (rather typically) would expect to see a voltage drop overnight from an AA battery powering a single LED in a JT configuration!

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Hi Farrah,

I would suspect that most have now realized Steven E Jones is indeed our "PhysicsProf" here at OUR?

He is discussing this circuit at his bench.

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Hi .99, yes I realised that not long after I posted, but I've been away for a few weeks and so have lost touch a little.

I was just bugged by the fact that in the article, Sterling Allen (in his wisdom, lol), reckoned that an AA battery would be down to half its full charge voltage after operating a single LED via a JT for just 7 hours. What an utter muppet!

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
He wants to be our spokesperson. He'll fold like a wet nappie when the authorities come asking questions. You know, from friend to snitch in a heartbeat.

---------------------------

I've not read through the PhysicsProf thread fully yet because initially I didn't even realise that it was about his JT variant - frankly I didn't even understand the thread title, lol.

However, in my humble opinion, it has to be said that anything coming via Sterling Allen, instantly loses credibility due to the fact that the guy clearly has no background in science, believes everything he is told (a lot like Ramset - perhaps he is Ramset!) and is as gullible as they come. 

I noted that there were some quite pertinent comments about how measurements were been taken and some genuine concerns as to whether there was any real value in the claims.  I remember similar JT claims on Hartmanns forum from GadgetBoy, but he was clearly as thick as two short planks and resorted to vulgar personal emails if you challenged him... and of course ultimately nothing ever came of it.

However, that said, and aside from the fact that Sterling Allen views everything through frosted, rose-tinted spectacles, I'm sure members of this forum will sort the wheat from the chaff.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 20:24:28