PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 16:17:02
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Inventions of Willi von Unruh and Hans Coler  (Read 5290 times)

Group: Moderator

As I am getting on in years now (I'm 85) it is time to put out some of the stuff I have accumulated on my computer hard drive.  While working for Chava I did some research into the Unruh/Coler story that led me to the UK National Archives.  Up to that time the internet buzzed with the declassified British Intelligence Objectives Subcommittee (BIOS) Final Report No.1043 which was the only source for the Unruh/Coler devices.  The National Archives provided more data that has since then leaked out to the internet.  Just to put the story straight below is my original paper written in 2009 with the results of my research.  That work showed the Stromerzeuger to be based on the Norrby invention whereas before then there was much speculation as to the exact architecture of the device.  I still have images of all the pages in the National Archives, there are about 188 jpeg images each about 4Mb.  I recall someone (possibly Bob Flower) creating a pdf file of this string but I don't have a copy of that.

Having a much clearer idea of the Stromerzeuger has led me to various speculations of how the device worked and these will be posted on this thread.  One such is already seen in the "Corbino Effects and Coler" thread here https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3377.0.  That work seems to have died.  Perhaps my ramblings will encourage other people to experiment.  I realize that the Magnetstromapparat anomalous output is now considered by some to be due to the early use of silk covered copper wire which wound around an electrically conductive PM would in a damp atmosphere create a battery effect.  I don't think this applies to the Stromerzeuger as the work on that spanned several decades and we later find Coler using enameled copper wire.   The Stromerzeuger uses soft iron cores where conduction electrons (at a density of about one per atom) can become spin-polarized, and that opens the door to many possible schemes for extracting energy from the inner quantum world that holds atoms together and keeps atomic electrons spinning and orbiting.

The first paper here was written in 2005 before the National Archive data was available and shows my (incorrect) attempt at describing the Stromerzeuger layout.  I also suggest the possibility that energy can be gained from the microwave Larmor precessions of atomic electrons working as charge pumps, pumping traveling conduction electrons that follow helical paths due to Cyclotron effects.  Because the Larmor frequency and the Cyclotron frequency have a common cause and are phase locked, this creates a rectification effect pumping the conduction electrons in one preferential direction.  To my knowledge this idea has never been explored.

The second paper (written in 2009 but only recently converted to pdf) is the result of my National Archives research where I discovered that Coler was given a contract to work in the UK to replicate the Stromerzeuger, but unfortunately he had a heart attack and died before he could claim success.

Smudge 

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Thank you for posting your investigations  O0

Very interesting ;)

;)  :)

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Here is a follow up to the possibility that FMR precessions are the source of the anomalous power in the Stromerzeuger.  This idea uses an Fe ring core (laminated perhaps in the form of a stack of thin annuli) with a toroidal coil supplied with DC to magnetically bias the core.  The ring core is used as a shorted turn on a 3 legged transformer core where the other two legs have primary and secondary windings.  The shorted Fe turn ensures that all the flux from the primary is directed through the secondary, but if the current in that short gets some anomalous induced voltage that will influence the transfer of energy from primary to secondary.  This could be a good experiment to play with, noting that the Stromerzeuger is thought to have operated at 180KHz.
Enjoy!

Smudge

Here is a follow up to the possibility that FMR precessions are the source of the anomalous power in the Stromerzeuger.  This idea uses an Fe ring core (laminated perhaps in the form of a stack of thin annuli) with a toroidal coil supplied with DC to magnetically bias the core.  The ring core is used as a shorted turn on a 3 legged transformer core where the other two legs have primary and secondary windings.  The shorted Fe turn ensures that all the flux from the primary is directed through the secondary, but if the current in that short gets some anomalous induced voltage that will influence the transfer of energy from primary to secondary.  This could be a good experiment to play with, noting that the Stromerzeuger is thought to have operated at 180KHz.
Enjoy!

Smudge

Smudge,

Thanks for the paper.  I have a question regarding your comment "The next step is to magnetize the iron in phase with the induced current.".  I assume you are referring to the induced current in the iron toroid correct?

Shouldn't be that difficult to try!

Pm

Smudge,

Thanks for the paper.  I have a question regarding your comment "The next step is to magnetize the iron in phase with the induced current.".  I assume you are referring to the induced current in the iron toroid correct?
Yes that's right.  Edit need to think a bit more as I said DC in the post.  It's a few years since I wrote that paper. :-[

Shouldn't be that difficult to try!
I look forward to any results you may get.

Smudge

Yes that's right.  Edit need to think a bit more as I said DC in the post.  It's a few years since I wrote that paper. :-[
I look forward to any results you may get.

Smudge

Well, the initial results were not conclusive by any means due to several factors.  First, the iron toroid with the few turns I applied had a measured inductance of 6uH which required a large magnetizing current even at 180kHz.  Also, the primary had too many turns resulting in too little input current at 100-180kHz. 

So, I'll rewind the coils and try again.  I've attached a pix of the transformer below and the toroid was cut from an iron pipe and shaped.  The ferrite "E" core has the same area for all legs.

Pm

Hey that was quick work PM.  On reflection I think the Fe ring should be DC magnetized since that's what Coler had in his rods.  So could use a large number of turns on that ring to keep the current down.  That DC current could be adjusted by hand from zero while looking for some FMR resonance effect on the normal transformer action from pri to sec.  Coler found some sort of rectification effect so he needed a double layer of capacitor plates each layer having his Fe cored coils.  If you get an observable distortion effects due to the magnetized ring then you may need to have two rings on that arm but biased in opposite magnetization directions so that you get push-pull effects.  An additional feature could apply a transverse RF field to the Fe ring by having a driven coil around its circumference.  That transverse field will make the magnetization vector on the Fe precess, see more files from my computer below where I show Fe rods.  The advantage of the Fe ring is that the DC field is more uniform than it would be in a rod because there is no so-called demagnetization effect.  Observable FMR requires uniform field.

Smudge

Here's another idea on anomalous voltages in Fe, see section 4 in the file below.  This uses magnetic field gradient to drag spin-polarized conduction electrons to create the tens-of-microvolts voltage, then resonance to increase that voltage up to detectable levels.  Should be an interesting experiment.

Smudge

OK, I did some tests using DC on the Fe toroid with both polarities varying from 0 to 3 amps and saw no change in the output voltage and current waveforms magnitude or shape!  This is not conclusive IMO because I don't think I have all the parameters idealized for the effect so will continue to test with other variables.

However, I have attached AC test results below per your original suggestion and we do see some variation.  I've also included a schematic of the test circuit.

The first scope pix shows measurements taken with the V2 phase at 140 degrees which produces the maximum output voltage across R1.  The Pin is 13.44mw and Pout = 3.546^2/1e3 = 12.57mw for a COP = .935 .

The second pix is with V2 at 0 degrees.  Now we have Pin = 9.878mw and Pout = 2.974^2/1e3 = 8.84mw for a COP = .895 so there appears to be improvement with the phase tuning of the iron toroid drive voltage/current.

The Pin to the Fe toroid is constant at 58mw and is high due to the low inductance.  The frequency used was 100kHz.

Pm

I hope this is related. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/0847008.pdf
I was unable to build such device but if somehow the output section is not loading the input then it' s merely a matter of creating two tank circuits. But first somebody should confirm how to make it working....

I hope this is related. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/0847008.pdf
I was unable to build such device but if somehow the output section is not loading the input then it' s merely a matter of creating two tank circuits. But first somebody should confirm how to make it working....
That is interesting, maybe someone could build his figure 2 and take measurements.  I would be most interested in knowing what voltage is induced into the Fe coil and its phase relationship to the primary drive.  It could be a useful experiment that helps us get to the root cause of Coler's device, or even develop a better device.

Smudge

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Smudge,

1.7mm diameter iron isolated (plastic) garden wire rolled up as coil 30 turns (guess) on 5cm former (56.5uH @ 0.6 Ohm).

1mm diameter magnet wire, 85 turns as primary (146uH @ 0.3 Ohm)

Input sine wave 10Vpp from FG sweeping from 50Hz to 13Mhz.

1st screenshot shows 1Khz frequency, purple input from FG, blue output on iron coil.
2th screenshot shows 100Khz frequency, purple input from FG, blue output on iron coil.
3th screenshot shows 3.7Mhz (1st resonance?), purple input from FG, blue output on iron coil.

So it seems that not much happens in the lower frequency range, only at resonance (primary or iron coil?)
some transformation action starts to happen.

Itsu

Itsu,
Thanks for doing that.  Could you please measure the capacity between primary and secondary as that could be the coupling mechanism.  Have you been tempted to put a load on the secondary to see what the coupling efficiency is?  Another experiment could put a DC bais current through the primary while AC coupling the RF drive to it.
Smudge

my Agilent U1733C LCR meter measures between primary and secondary:

120pF @ 1Khz
116pF @ 10Khz
111pF @ 100Khz

Screenshot 1 below show the signals at resonance (3.7Mhz) with a 10K load (carbon).
Purple FG input 10vpp, blue output across load on secondary.

Screenshot 2 below shows the signals at resonance (shifted to 13.9Mhz) with a 1K load (carbon).

Screenshot 3 below shows the signals at resonance (shifted to 9Mhz) with a 100 Ohm induction free load.

Will do the "DC bias current through the primary" tests later tonight.

Itsu

I put in a "DC bias current" through the primary when secondary was loaded with 1K at resonance (13.9Mhz).
FG (10Vpp) was fed in via a 100nF cap.

Starting current was 50mA, see screenshot 1
Ending current was 1.5A, see screenshot 2

Purple FG signal on primary
blue output secondary with 1K load
green DC bias current through primary

No change was noticed by me in this setup.
Same thing (no change) with 10K and 100 ohm loads.

Itsu

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
It may be necessary to add an RF choke on the output of the power supply that provides the bias current or else the power supply's output capacitor and very low output impedance will soak up the AC component.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Thanks ion,   there is a low value (25 Ohm) high power resistor there now, but i can change that to a RF choke tonight.

By the way, i went up to a 4A DC bias current but still no change was noted.

Itsu

I think the evidence so far indicates that spin-polarized electrons have nothing to do with the coupling and that it is simply down to capacitive coupling where OU is unlikely to occur.  Perhaps a quick check on input power and output power could verify.
Smudge

Input / output measurements show for 100 ohm and 10K measurements no surprises, but for the 1K measurement there is some deviation.

No DC bias was used.

Setup                Input power      output power   resonance frequency    cop

100 Ohm load        32mW             14mW                  9Mhz                   0.43   
1K load                  9mW              14mW                14Mhz                   1.55    <<<<<<<<
10K load               36mW             23mW                  3.7Mhz                 0.63

For the 1K load situation, the below shows:
Screenshot 1 input measurement  (purple: input voltage, green: input current, red: math purple x green)
Screenshot 2 output measurement (blue: output voltage, green output current, red: math blue x green)

Not sure what to think of it, but due to the high frequency used (14Mhz) i guess its close to unity.

Itsu

Input / output measurements show for 100 ohm and 10K measurements no surprises, but for the 1K measurement there is some deviation.

No DC bias was used.

Setup                Input power      output power   resonance frequency    cop

100 Ohm load        32mW             14mW                  9Mhz                   0.43   
1K load                  9mW              14mW                14Mhz                   1.55    <<<<<<<<
10K load               36mW             23mW                  3.7Mhz                 0.63

For the 1K load situation, the below shows:
Screenshot 1 input measurement  (purple: input voltage, green: input current, red: math purple x green)
Screenshot 2 output measurement (blue: output voltage, green output current, red: math blue x green)

Not sure what to think of it, but due to the high frequency used (14Mhz) i guess its close to unity.

Itsu

Itsu,

There is obvious dc offset in your input current measurement with the 1k load.  This would/could result in your low input power calculation but, why do your other load measurements not have this offset?  If you are using your probe rather than a CSR, it could be the probe wasn't zeroed or, there is a true dc current offset with the 1k load at that frequency.

Regards,
Pm

I have to agree.  Using V2/R for output power gives an answer closer to the input power.  What is the upper frequency limit of your current probe?

Smudge

The current probe is a A6302 from Tektronix driven by an AM 503B controller, it goes from DC to 50Mhz.

I zero out the probe before doing a measurement, but it does show some offset in the measurements, but
this offset seems to not influence the power calculations.

Anyway, i did redo these tests and got similar results, but i also noticed that measurements this way are not good.
My FG is grounded and also my scope is, so these grounds have a hugh impact on the measurements, especially on the 1K load ones somehow.

My battery operated FG's do not go beyond 5Mhz, so no good for these tests.

Guess i leave it at that.

Itsu

« Last Edit: 2019-09-22, 21:09:25 by Itsu »

Itsu,

Thanks for doing those tests.  I have data from another set-up that also shows anomalous results at around 14MHz that may not have been a measurement artifact.  That had a large ferrite ring core with small (a few turns) primary and secondary coils on opposite sides of the ring.  It was a program of work looking into phase delay effects through transformer cores.  Surprisingly our classical transmission line formula show anomalous behaviour if the transmission line has imaginary characteristic impedance.  That is the ratio of voltage to current at any point along the line yields a reactance, not a resistance, voltage and current are in phase quadrature.  Such reactive-impedance lines are unknown in practice so there have been no studies of their performance.  But it can be shown that a magnetic rod carrying EM energy along it is a reactive-impedance line.  Perhaps this discussion should be a separate thread where it can be further investigated but to whet your appetites here is a progress report on the work that was carried out.  The work was never taken to a conclusion as the company that funded the work withdrew.  The point I am making is that your core is just a long magnetic rod wound up into a coil and it is just possible that your measurement "artifact" may have some other explanation.  To that end it would be interesting if you wound another coil of Fe wire having different wire length, and see whether the 14MHz anomaly has shifted in frequency.

Smudge   

Smudge,

when eliminating the FG / scope groundloop by doing a differential probe measurement across the load
resistor, i cannot find a 14mhz resonance peak anymore.

So this anomaly probably was caused by my FG / scope probe leads acting up around 14Mhz.

As my scope can only do 1 math calculation at a time, i cannot compute the output power using this
differential value, but eyeballing the input / output result shows way below cop = 1 values now.

Itsu

Itsu,

OK, but thanks for doing this.  The 14MHz anomaly that showed up in the Magnetic Delay Transformer measurements could also be such an artifact, but the fact that it seemed to occur where the propagation delay through the core is 180 degrees could be more than coincidence.
Smudge

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 16:17:02