PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 20:28:36
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Test boards for Forums  (Read 34598 times)
Group: Guest
I am now preparing the "Test boards" for the various forums.

There will be a small, standalone demo  board (battery and battery holder not included) and an oscilloscope-test -ready board.

The demo board is meant to stimulate interest.  Connect the battery for 10 seconds and the LED will be ON for over 20 minutes.  The first 2 minutes will shine with full brightness.  Thus connect for 10 seconds and then disconnect for 2 minutes and repeat.  The LED will shine with constant brightness.  Will such a set up save electricity?

If you want the capacitor to fully discharge first, just connect the red and white wires together for 30 seconds.  The LED will be OFF within 2 seconds and total discharge as displayed on the oscilloscope will occur well before the 30 seconds.  To ensure a fully charged condition to impress your audience, connect the battery for 1 minute for continued full brightness at the beginning.

I use such demo boards at casual meetings to stimulate interest.  It is a good conversation opener.  It is also an inexpensive gift that is well appreciated.

There will be assigned numbers to ensure quality results.
Number 33 - overunityresearch.com
Number 38 - overunity.com
Number 39 - energetic Forum

These demo boards are shown below and will be triple-tested before shipment.  They will be part of the package.

More on the oscilloscope-test-ready board later.

Pouring out the Divine Wine.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:33:05 by poynt99 »

Actual test on the Demo boards.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:29:24 by poynt99 »

Second test on the demo boards.

Similar result.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:29:46 by poynt99 »

Third test on the Demo boards.  Similar result.

One additional test was done.  Board 38 was put inside a microwave oven to simulate putting into a Faraday's Cage.  Still got the lighting and blinking effect.  THis ruled out the picking up of mains energy at 50/60 Hz or receiving external electromagnetic waves such as radio or TV signals.  Obviously, the microwave oven was NOT turned on.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:30:05 by poynt99 »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
This thread is used to contain data related to the "Guaranteed OU boards for the Forums".  Use the other threads such as Chinese New Year Gift to comment.

Lawrence Tseung

We are (with patience) requesting that YOU provide verifiable scientific data in this thread for the BOLD CLAIM of a "guaranteed OU board" or please remove this thread and all contents or change the title of the thread.

Continuing to post false information in the form of an unverified claim is a violation of the terms of your agreement to join the forum at OUR and requires a moderator warning.

Continuing to use OUR as a springboard for sales of your craft industry also violates the terms of your agreement to join the forum i.e no solicitation.

THIS IS A WARNING. DO NOT DELETE
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:30:24 by poynt99 »

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

The lowest DC Power to light up the demo boards was 500mV approximately.  This result was obtained by using DC Power Supply.

Thus the testers with these demo boards may use AA batteries from fully charged to 1.0V (normally considered as dead).  This is in accordance with the common knowledge of a standard Joule Thief.

However, a DC Power Supply is strongly recommended as it can give a constant voltage for a very long time.  The voltage can also be stepped up and down for tuning purposes (or to catch the sweet spot as some like to put it.)

The guarantee on the Demo Board is:
(1) The LED can be lighted via a fully charged AA battery.
(2) The LED will remain ON with same apparent brightness for at least 2 minutes.  A 20 second recharge will bring it back to full brightness.
(3) The full lighting time including the blinking will be at least 20 minutes.

I can provide such guarantee on the boards because:
(1) The LED can be lighted even with a 1.0V AA battery.
(2) The same apparent brightness on the boards to be shipped out last over 3 minutes.  A 10 second recharge will bring them back to full brightness.
(3) The full lighting time for the 3 boards lasted more than 3 hours in the tests.

If the shipped boards failed to meet the guarantee for any reason (shipping damage?), I can always ship out a replacement.  Thus the 3 Forums will always have a Demo board with the above description for demonstration.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:30:42 by poynt99 »

Your opening statement in the first post of this thread is:

I am now preparing the "guaranteed OU boards" for the various forums.

Your title of the thread is "Guaranteed OU boards for Forums".

Your rebuttal statement above (reply #5) does not even vaguely support the claim of guaranteed overunity nor do you supply verifiable proof.

Your title is misleading. Please change it immediatly.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:31:00 by poynt99 »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Your rebuttal statement above (reply #5) does not even vaguely support the claim of guaranteed overunity nor do you supply verifiable proof.

This couldnt come soon enough.
Misleading indeed.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:31:23 by poynt99 »

It's about time this madness was stopped!

If it was true OU, after being kick-started the LED would light continuously and never dim. But that does not happen. Instead, losses cause the oscillations to  gradually dampen down until they die - just like anything else that is set resonating.

Personally I'm looking forward to .99 confirming that this is the utter nonsense of a naïve, ignorant and/or manipulative mind and then closing the subject down once and for all.

It's another infamous Sonic Boiler, but without Ramset at the helm. C.C
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:31:40 by poynt99 »

I share ION's indignation. I'm upset with this troll pretending to preach the "divine" truth and to be above all others with his pretentious threads, often locked to prevent any objections from more competent people than him, while he is not able to provide the least beginning of proof of what he is affirming.

I feel lesser and lesser comfortable with the promiscuity on this place between modest but worthy contributions from the ones and arrogant irrefutable baloneys from another one. It's insulting and should not be tolerated.

Science is not indisputable Gospel words. I request once again that all the threads be unlocked (of course, except those for the forum administration). This is a minimum that can be done outside a censorship that I'm not in favor of. A recall of the code of ethics in matter of research and consequently of behavior on this forum, to those who forgot it, could also be a good thing.

« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 13:31:57 by poynt99 »

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
I have changed the name of the topic to something more appropriate, and edited any reference to "guaranteed OU".

Lawrence, you know better than to make these types of statements here. Please keep your notions of OU "speculative" until someone at this forum verifies your notion.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Board 38 was put inside a microwave oven to simulate putting into a Faraday's Cage.

Bad idea, a microwave oven is a very poor Faraday's cage.

I put my mobile phone inside my microwave oven, I called it from another phone, and it has rung!

Lawrence Tseung was given ample time to change the title of this thread and any references to the use of the word OU regarding his test boards.

He did not comply in a timely manner so it was changed for him. Thanks goes to the group administrators for persevering to maintain a high standard for this forum.

@ltseung888

Your methodology is disastrous. I see from you plenty of small heterogeneous posts mixing anything in a great confusion (technical mentions, general remarks, jpeg, text, "divine allusions"...).

And I'm very impressed by what you guarantee:
"(1) The LED can be lighted via a fully charged AA battery" (incredible!   C.C)
"(2) The LED will remain ON with same apparent brightness for at least 2 minutes" (really astonishing !"   :D).
"(3) The full lighting time including the blinking will be at least 20 minutes" (this defies the Reason  ;D).

The least AA battery can guarantee what you guarantee! Anyone can guarantee this minimal functioning, and even much more!
Your guarantee is so far better at amusing the reader than at serving any truly useful research about OU.  If other contributors accept to be treated as idiots and to play your game, it's their choice. Not mine.

What is your goal? An entertainment with a circuit toy or do you claim OU in your circuit? If the second case is the right one, here is the method: provide your protocol in a single document, with the goal, the schematic, the fully description, the method, and the expected results including the COP>1 that you guarantee.

@FarrahDay
Personally I'm looking forward to .99 confirming that this is the utter nonsense of a naïve, ignorant and/or manipulative mind and then closing the subject down once and for all.

The problem is that we can never be absolutely sure can we?, not long ago almost everyone on the planet was in agreement that no device can travel directly downwind faster than the wind. Such a simple concept yet everyone agreed it cannot be done, it would be perpetual motion and the math say's it is impossible ... but in fact it was is so easy even a child could understand it.

In which case we could ask the question who was naïve, who was ignorant and who really had a manipulative mind?. You know I just have to ask, did you and Exn or others here harshly criticize the directly down wind faster than the wind technology in exactly the same way as what is happening here, did you believe they were naïve, ignorant or stupid?. I have a feeling you did because this pattern of behavior just keeps repeating itself.

How about we start acting like the responsible, considerate and intelligent adults we claim to be for a change, I think everything would go much smoother. It would seem to me the intelligent thing to do would be to wait until we actually have some real facts to support our personal opinions and this childish name calling is getting real old real fast.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

@Exn
What is your goal? An entertainment with a circuit toy or do you claim OU in your circuit? If the second case is the right one, here is the method: provide your protocol in a single document, with the goal, the schematic, the fully description, the method, and the expected results including the COP>1 that you guarantee.

I could ask the same thing of you, what is your real goal here? because you claim to be a scientific person and yet your behavior here would suggest just the opposite. ltseung888 has agreed to send out boards for independent testing so I see no reason for your childish behavior and we should have some real facts from third party testing soon enough.
I just hope you don't start calling Poynt99 and the other credible testers stupid ignorants if their facts somehow interfere with your own personal opinion,lol.

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

The only pattern of behavior I have seen is utterly boring monologues from a self appointed contrarian.

This person basically needs to fire his old writer and hire a new one as his material is stale, hackneyed, and mostly lacking substance.

Constantly preaching at the bored choir, perhaps some of us should take up a collection for his podium, lectern, or soap box, whichever seems appropriate. I will contribute to the latter and a handout of "NODOZE".

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 17:09:32 by ION »

@Exn
I could ask the same thing of you, what is your real goal here? because you claim to be a scientific person and yet your behavior here would suggest just the opposite. ltseung888 has agreed to send out boards for independent testing so I see no reason for your childish behavior and we should have some real facts from third party testing soon enough.
I just hope you don't start calling Poynt99 and the other credible testers stupid ignorants if their facts somehow interfere with your own personal opinion,lol.

AC

Look who's talking!  :o I could ask you the same question!

You should get of your high horse. EX not a scientific person for you? I learned more from Ex posts here,what I will learn from you in a lifetime. His view on all the subject are objective, his post are clear, COMPACT,  and free from not scientific gibberish. He is the type of person what we need here to reach our goals!

What about you? I have my own opinion, but who am I to judge you! right? So I will keep it to myself. However you should do a reality check some times, before  accusing Ex again!
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19, 18:43:52 by Chef »

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

@Ion
This person basically needs to fire his old writer and hire a new one as his material is stale, hackneyed, and mostly lacking substance.
Constantly preaching at the bored choir, perhaps some of us should take up a collection for his podium, lectern, or soap box, whichever seems appropriate. I will contribute to the latter and a handout of "NODOZE".

I understand your perspective and would be the first to agree however if not me then who?. I'm not saying we should believe anything but there is such a thing as common courtesy and mutual respect which is the cornerstone of civilized behavior. So when I see anyone who claims to be a professional acting like a little child who belittles and degrades others then I will respond, you see any claim requires proof.

Make no mistake I have no problem debating anything here and I can hold my own with any one of you on any level however if anyone wants to start acting like a child then I will treat them as such. I am a professional and I act accordingly, for instance when is the last time you have ever heard a professional person call someone a stupid ignorant or a naïve ignorant or just stupid?, I rest my case.

@chef
You should get of your high horse. EX not a scientific person for you? I learned more from Ex posts here,what I will learn from you in a lifetime. His view on all the subject are objective, his post are clear, COMPACT,  and free from not scientific gibberish. He is type of person what we need here to reach our goals!

If by my high horse you mean common courtesy and mutual respect then NO I will not get off it for you or anyone else. Would you like me to go through Exn's posts and repeat the number of times he has twisted the facts, belittled and degraded others, resorted to crude name calling verging on racism etc... . If this person is your personal hero then I really do feel sorry for you because I work with real professionals every day and Exn is nothing like them, not in any way, shape or form.

AC

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Nice AC nice O0 very well said, with you 100%

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: AllCanadian
...or others here harshly criticize the directly down
wind faster than the wind technology in exactly the
same way as what is happening here, did you believe
they were naïve, ignorant or stupid?. I have a feeling
you did because this pattern of behavior just keeps
repeating itself.

Ah, yes.  The boorish behaviors do without fail seem
to enter into any "scientific" discussion.

It is partially cultural and perhaps for the most part
a trait of those who claim to be the most "scientific."

What it boils down to is that people behave as they've
been conditioned, or programmed, to.  They simply
are not able to control the urge to be, well, boorish.

Passing Judgment on others - essentially declaring them
to be less worthy than the Judge - is par for the course.
Aye, "Science" is a religion.  Heretics be damned!

Heretics are those who are able to think for themselves
and who dare to challenge the prevailing "wisdom."

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Nice AC nice O0 very well said, with you 100%
Me too.

ION & .99, well played.

If we are ever going to make any progress at doing something unique, then we need to consider how we consider--how we 'know' what we know.  Do we really see through a conceptual View Master?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eojmYTbumZ8[/youtube]

Group: Tinkerer

Rosphere,

Excellent YouTube link!  Superb!

Illustrates well the power of dogma
and dogmatic indoctrination.

Establishment Science can be very unscientific.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
I love it when a clear , mature out of the box person yells into the box stating 'All you can see is cardboard!'

@FarrahDay

How about we start acting like the responsible, considerate and intelligent adults we claim to be for a change, I think everything would go much smoother. It would seem to me the intelligent thing to do would be to wait until we actually have some real facts to support our personal opinions and this childish name calling is getting real old real fast.

AC

AC, I have never claimed to be responsible or considerate - where are you getting your intel from?  :)

So are you saying that you consider Tseung to be a responsible, considerate and intelligent adult?  

If all of us just sat back and left the likes of Tseung to preach away unimpeded it would certainly run smoother for him, but this forum would become pretty stagnant, mind-numbingly boring and pretty pointless. Furthermore, you and the other do-gooders would have very little to pick at, so there... nah-nah-na-nah-nah!

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 20:28:36