PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 17:20:12
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Sterling Allan going to So Africa to see OU device; seeks money  (Read 87640 times)
Group: Guest
...If it weren't for the skeptics, with all the claims, almost everything would be OU,
but there would be no gain at the end of the day to show for it.  ;D I can only imagine the circus
there would be if the skeptics held our tongue's. The amount of unsubstanciated claims is incredible.
And they way they are defended by anyone without good reason and with such venom indicates to
me that most people know subconciously there are very few claims even close to unity but want to
hold onto belief because they have invested so much time, money and effort into following
and replicating what they have been duped to believe is Over Unity.

I would suggest that without the over unity claims these Free Energy sites would see very little traffic and
not many people would be inclined to build or learn anything. Unless that way inclined already.
Most conversations would be about solar, wind and water power, true free energy. And new ways to use them.

Relevant analysis!  O0
The OU claims make the skeptics to deal with foolish ideas, so they learn and study to analyse the claims (in any case, this is instructive), and even though until now these ideas were shown stupid, perhaps some day there will be a new one emerging from the brain storming of the skeptics, spurred by the believers.

This reminds me a fable from Jean de la Fontaine, dating from the 17th century, "the coach and the fly". In the story a carriage pulled by horses had to climb a steep hill. A fly who thought that she was indispensable for this goal, stung the horses who finally succeeded in passing the hill. The fly, of course, ascribed it to her skill and wanted to be paid! So the fabulist concluded:
"Some busybodies love to poke
A finger into every pie.
They interfere with other folk,
And help as little as this fly.
In fact, they hinder more than they assist,
So drive them away - they’ll not be missed!"

But who knows, without the fly, if the horses would have climbed the hill?

Relevant story.

Whether the fly provided assistance or not, the only proper payment for a bite from a fly is the impact of a fly-swatter.

Group: Tinkerer

That the South African group is very
straightforward and up-front with the
nature of the difficulties is encouraging.

Candidness and honesty are signs of
integrity.

If the problems are overcharging of the
batteries and frequency variation in the
AC output - those are relatively easy to
resolve and overcome.

If the principles are sound then it should
be possible to construct the system without
any rotary components.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

I predicted back on page two of this thread that the battery degradation would be an issue.
In all reality there should be three banks of batteries in such a system, one bank powering the device
one being charged by the recovered energy from the system, and one bank charged and resting.

I think batteries need to be rested after they are charged before they are drained.
With only two banks that is not really possible. They should have already known that.

I don't think overcharging is the problem I think most likely it is over discharging and no resting of
the charged bank of batteries. At least three banks are needed. With three banks I think it would
be also obvious there is no extra energy taken into the system. However it should show some very
big efficiency improvement over regular battery use for domestic power. The main problem with this
I can see is the amount of batteries it would need as compared to a solar or wind system which only
need two banks of batteries to have a resting bank.

Going from one bank to two is problem enough having 1/3 more banks is that much more of a problem.

The way I see it these battery swapping systems are more for extended battery use in an emergency situation.
I wouldn't be comfortable using them constantly.

The frequency variation could probably caused by the batteries being drained down to a low voltage couldn't it ?
Then when the batteries are swapped the charged batteries can spin the drive motor faster, or something like that.

Going on to a similar thing from the same place, Johans battery self charger, he has shown a video of it spinning the
shaft of a motor or two then when the load is removed the battery voltage rises. WOW my battery does that too
even without a circuit attached.

I don't understand what his plan is. Does he plan to use the battery down to 12.2 volts with a decent load then
use the hex controller to recharge it, I doubt it, he should at least show the thing can do that now.
If it can't it is all hot air. He has yet to show the battery out of it's fluffy zone in my opinion.

I've done some experiments with a similar circuit and batteries, people would be surprised how a battery with a
standing voltage of over 13 volts can be slightly loaded to read 12.8 volts then coaxed back into the fluffy zone above 13 volts.

I challenge him to drain the battery to 12.2 volts standing, shown with no load attached then connect the battery to the hex controller
and show it raising the battery voltage. I doubt we will ever see that. If it can't do that what can it do ?

Farrah:

Sterling is hapless.  He is almost in a fantasy land.

Like this, "Vision Statement for PES Network, Phase II."

Phase II???  He is in phase "j" and will always seemingly be in phase "j"  (or "i")

He drives a fantasy 1958 Bulgemobile powered by a self-recharging Aether Battery Pile.   ;D

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4639091-Archive-1958-Bulgemobile-Catalog-%28Rare-Find...%29

MileHigh

Farmhand,

You make excellent points.

Deep discharging is far more damaging to a battery
that isn't designed for it than slight to moderate
overcharging.

Using the measured voltage of the lead acid battery
as an indicator of "charging" or "discharging" is very,
very unreliable.  Old batteries which are partially sulfated
with "hard" sulfation are particularly difficult to gauge.
Their voltages at any time may be considerably higher
than "normal."  The only way to determine their state
of charge or health is by hydrometer or load testing.

It would be most interesting to be privy to all of the
operational parameters of the system.  Knowing instant
by instant what critical voltages and currents are would
be very revealing.

Quote from: MileHigh regarding Sterling
Phase II???  He is in phase "j" and will always seemingly be in phase "j"  (or "i")

He drives a fantasy 1958 Bulgemobile powered by a self-recharging Aether Battery Pile.    ;D

That is too good!

If nothing else, your sense of humor is top drawer! 8)

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Dumped:

Do you have dreams of being a sailor on the battleship Potemkin?   :)

I stuck around St. Petersburg, when I saw it was a time for a change...

MileHigh

I would have thought that it would be quite easy to avoid over-charging of batteries - our cars seem to do this very well with just a few components on the alternator.

Personally I think it is the rate of charge and discharge that is likely to be the damaging effect. Even leisure (deep cycle) batteries will struggle to cope with constant high current charge/discharge rates. I' of a mind that over-heating and warping electrodes will be an issue. Perhaps they should fork out on some better batteries to experiment with, for example the Optima range that have a rugged circular cell arrangement. 

However, the sceptic in me is saying that this is all just tactics to shroud the fact that the device never really worked in the first place.

Quote from: FarrahDay

However, the sceptic in me is saying that this is all just tactics to
shroud the fact that the device never really worked in the first place.

I too suspect that ultimately, that will be
the finale of this story.

Quote from: MileHigh
Do you have dreams of being a sailor on the battleship Potemkin?    :)

Aye, that would have been a seaworthy
experience!

But, alas, my time on the "haze grey and
underway" was with the Refrigerated
Auxiliary Fleet and one small "Man 'O War"
(a Tin Can) as part of the "Tonkin Gulf Canoe
Club."

The photo is from a small photography
studio in Okinawa in the early '60s -
as an Active Duty Reservist.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 17:20:12