PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 20:55:22
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 225252 times)
Group: Guest
How about another question. It sounds similar but is very different conceptually.

Do you claim, that the dimming caused by enabling the Kacher/TC can be present at lower loads but absent at higher loads ?

Verpies:
   No, I can't say that, but the idea is that when turning on the Kacher, it is adding voltage/current to the induction circuit/yoke/grenade circuits, and to the load, so the bulbs get brighter. If the load is less than lets say 100w, or so, the load of bulbs will get brighter, but will not do so, IF the load is over 300 to 500w. So, if using lower wattage bulbs, one will think that there is an interaction going on. When its simply the additional current from the Kacher lighting the bulbs brighter. That mistake does not happen at higher loads. And is why I use up to 600w or higher loads to see if there is really any interaction going on, or not. If I can see the bulbs get brighter at those higher wattage loads, I know that it's due to the right sync causing the right interaction. As most of the time, and for most of us, the brightening of the bulbs will not happen at higher loads. That is what I'm saying.
I hope that I can explain it well enough.

As far as the dimming effect, I just can't remember what causes it, nor what I did to resolve it. But, it should not be dimming the load, at all, but adding to it, instead.

NickZ

I find that most of the mosfet that blow, do so because of excessive input voltages on the gates. I use 200v fets, and only give them 24v, but the gates can be affected by the HV or just too high a voltage/current on that gate. I use two different chokes on my set up as shown in the TopRuslan7 schematic.

The gate voltage which is above Vgs max is also a reason but, that is why we put clamping circuit like zener diode b/w gate and source.

What we are referring to here is a different ballgame. The Vds max could be exceeded by the boost voltage I mentioned above.

Maxolous

IF the load is over 300 to 500w. So, if using lower wattage bulbs, one will think that there is an interaction going on. When its simply the additional current from the Kacher lighting the bulbs brighter. That mistake does not happen at higher loads. And is why I use up to 600w or higher loads to see if there is really any interaction going on, or not. If I can see the bulbs get brighter at those higher wattage loads, I know that it's due to the right sync causing the right interaction. As most of the time, and for most of us, the brightening of the bulbs will not happen at higher loads. That is what I'm saying.
I hope that I can explain it well enough.

What I am trying to make you understand is that  my device is not ready to be fired up to that extent now. For a controllable Tesla there are level of voltage you give the drain of your MOSFET. I was still testing with just 50V from my dc-dc boost convertor. 50V is the maximum it can supply.  I will need 70V -200VDC which I have, but not ready for now until I fix some errors.

Maxolous

Nick,

looking at that latest video from Geo, i doubt he is using a "controlable kacher".

What i understand he does is use an extra coil on the yoke to create AC, rectify that with 4 ultra fast diodes into 90 to 150V DC and use that on the primary of the kacher.
No wonder he has these massive streamers, but they are not controlled or timed or synced with the TL494 signal nor with the natural resonance of the Grenade / Inductor.

Its the same as your setup where you use "only" 24V on your kacher primary.

Itsu

Itsu:  I'm not sure as to which of Geo's videos are his best or latest ones, and is why it would be best if he were to place the links to his videos.
However, I did find this one below, made about a year ago.
  The video where Geo connects the kacher to his induction circuit, and rectifies it and feeds that to the kacher primary is NOT what I meant, sorry. I did that as well, but I did pass it through my kacher circuit, first.
   This video below was posted about a year ago, but they may not be posted in the exact order that they were first made.
   https://youtu.be/vTCaF7R4Z-M

What I am trying to make you understand is that  my device is not ready to be fired up to that extent now. For a controllable Tesla there are level of voltage you give the drain of your MOSFET. I was still testing with just 50V from my dc-dc boost convertor. 50V is the maximum it can supply.  I will need 70V -200VDC which I have, but not ready for now until I fix some errors.

Maxolous

Max:  What I'm trying to do is to help you understand that the state of your build has nothing to do with what I'm mentioning. But, has to do with the interaction, at low loads, not being indicative of obtaining a proper sync.
   In any case, don't worry about it, go at your own rate. I don't want to push you or confuse you, at all.

Are you Russian?  I am asking because in that language an ideal "closed switch" has infinite resistance ...while an "open switch" has zero resistance, akin to a hydraulic valve.
In English it is the opposite.

Also, I added a missing word to your sentence in blue to make it more grammatically complete.
Not at all.
Please go back to your message, click the "modify" button and edit it by putting one of these words ("current" or "voltage" or "power") in front of each instance of the word "polarity" and "direction", which you have written, so I can communicate with you coherently.

@ Viepies,

I looked back at what I wrote again to realize that there were grammatical errors. It could be as a result of speed typing.

I made correction now.

Maxolous

Group: Professor

When you apply power current to an inductor a magnetic field will be built up this will furtherly give rise to a voltage having a current which opposes source current. The polarity of the voltages will be like. (-. +) (+. -)  the left bracket is source power voltage, while the right is inductor built-up power voltage.
Power is the rate of change of energy (be it electric, magnetic, kinetic, etc...).  It defines how quickly that energy is changing (in time or in space). By convention, when energy is decreasing in time then power is assigned a negative sign ...and when energy is increasing in time then power is assigned a positive sign (and only one sign - not two).
Also, the convention is that when energy changes in space by flowing form the source to the load, then the source is losing energy and the energy flow (a.k.a. "power") is assigned a negative sign (and only one sign - not two).

Because of this definition I cannot accept your usage of the word "power".  Also in your preceding words you refer to the + and - in parenthesis, as the voltage polarities and that is inconsistent with calling them "power"s later.
I propose these corrections in blue color to make sense of your statement.  Do you agree with them?

When  the switch is opened and the magnetic field that is built up collapses you will have polarity of the voltages in this manner (-  +)(-. +) You see the polarity in the inductor had changed , both voltages will add up.
I agree with that. 
Notice that this time you are correctly calling the + and - in the parenthesis "polarity of voltages" - not "powers" or "polarity of powers".

The resultant voltage will be applied to the diode as forward bias . The diode will conduct and pass the power current.
I made a correction in blue color because diodes pass or block electric current (or electric energy) but they cannot "pass power" because the passage of energy IS power.  They cannot block voltage either.

Hope am clear
Not entirely.
You have stated that the polarity of the voltage across the inductor reverses when the switch opens (and I agree with that) but that does not mean that the direction of the current flowing through the coil reverses, too.  I claim that it does not.

Most importantly, your arguments do not indicate that the voltage across the diode reverses when the switch opens (compared to when the switch is closed)  ...and if that voltage does not reverse, then what is that diode doing ?

P.S.
I hope you realize that every time you use the phrase "magnetic filed" you are referring to what is formally called "field of magnetic flux density vectors" customarily denoted as (B) and measured in [Teslas].  For induction purposes, only a closed loop integral of (B) matters and that is formally called "magnetic flux" (Φ) and measured in [Webers].
 I did not correct you usages of the phrase "magnetic field".

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
A wile back I was talking about resonance and asking about inductive reactance and capacitance
little to say not much feed back was offered.

Here is a small test rig thats been hanging sround in bits for some time (4 or 5 years) I decided to try it on
the 'resonance' idea befor it got chucked out for lack of space,
it's just a square wave generater and a Sralker grenade the blue thing!

It looks rather like the waveform is dancing around !  strange that wouldn't you think?

here in the pic is what i get at resonance.

Regards Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Power is the rate of change of energy (be it electric, magnetic, kinetic, etc...).  It defines how quickly that energy is changing (in time or in space). By convention, when energy is decreasing in time then power is assigned a negative sign ...and when energy is increasing in time then power is assigned a positive sign (and only one sign - not two).
Also, the convention is that when energy changes in space by flowing form the source to the load, then the source is losing energy and the energy flow (a.k.a. "power") is assigned a negative sign (and only one sign - not two).

Because of this definition I cannot accept your usage of the word "power".  Also in your preceding words you refer to the + and - in parenthesis, as the voltage polarities and that is inconsistent with calling them "power"s later.
I propose these corrections in blue color to make sense of your statement.  Do you agree with them?
I agree with that. 

The parameters am using might be  as a result of residual knowledge.

Notice that this time you are correctly calling the + and - in the parenthesis "polarity of voltages" - not "powers" or "polarity of powers".
I made a correction in blue color because diodes pass or block electric current (or electric energy) but they cannot "pass power" because the passage of energy IS power.  They cannot block voltage either.
Not entirely.

It's okay

You have stated that the polarity of the voltage across the inductor reverses when the switch opens (and I agree with that) but that does not mean that the direction of the current flowing through the coil reverses, too.  I claim that it does not.

Here you are absolutely wrong, do more studies on that.

Most importantly, your arguments do not indicate that the voltage across the diode reverses when the switch opens (compared to when the switch is closed)  ...and if that voltage does not reverse, then what is that diode doing ?

You are wrong here, when voltage polarity is reversed so will current direction.
The diode will pass the current only when the voltage is at forward bias to it. And that is why it is there. knowing also that the circuit is designed that way; i.e polarity will always change in a pulsing inductor cct.

P.S.
I hope you realize that every time you use the phrase "magnetic filed" you are referring to what is formally called "field of magnetic flux density vectors" customarily denoted as (B) and measured in [Teslas].  For induction purposes, only a closed loop integral of (B) matters and that is formally called "magnetic flux" (Φ) and measured in [Webers].
 I did not correct you usages of the phrase "magnetic field".

Okay.

« Last Edit: 2021-11-12, 18:34:40 by Maxolous »

A wile back I was talking about resonance and asking about inductive reactance and capacitance
little to say not much feed back was offered.

Here is a small test rig thats been hanging sround in bits for some time (4 or 5 years) I decided to try it on
the 'resonance' idea befor it got chucked out for lack of space,
it's just a square wave generater and a Sralker grenade the blue thing!

It looks rather like the waveform is dancing around !  strange that wouldn't you think?

here in the pic is what i get at resonance.

Regards Sil

@ Aliengrey.

Have you considered earthling?

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Earth; Do you mean to remove it ? that would be easy just shift it from resonance and it's gone.
any way an Earth makes no diferance art all, if you go back to Ruslan's 'tune. doc he says to look for
this effect before going any further, he doesn't mention at what frequency  :D ;)

Re the nanopulser notice it doesn't have one yet or Tesla coil, is your tesla coil the nano pulser ?
doesnt a nano pulser have to be close to light speed ie the upper VHF range ?

I must have a look how Dally and Ruslan does it !

PS I found this on the OU thread.

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Earth; Do you mean to remove it ? that would be easy just shift it from resonance and it's gone.
any way an Earth makes no diferance art all, if you go back to Ruslan's 'tune. doc he says to look for
this effect before going any further, he doesn't mention at what frequency  :D ;)

No ,do not remove it. I just asked if your earthling is there

Re the nanopulser notice it doesn't have one yet or Tesla coil, is your tesla coil the nano pulser ?
doesnt a nano pulser have to be close to light speed ie the upper VHF range ?
[/quote]

Tesla coil is no nano pulser. The concept of nano pulser is getting people confused. Tesla coil control circuit which enables shifting of phase, varying of frequency and pulse widthing is the nano pulser. Such I posted the schematic yesterday.

Nano pulser as the name implies it's supposed to switch in nanoseconds. What we sometimes build is not close to that. Al the same we still call them by that name.

I must have a look how Dally and Ruslan does it !

PS I found this on the OU thread.
[/quote]

...but that does not mean that the direction of the current flowing through the coil reverses, too.  I claim that it does not.
You are wrong here, when voltage polarity is reversed so will current direction.
No, you are wrong.  I am not going to study this because I taught this course in a university. You apparently do not realize who you are talking to.
I had this conversation so many times with newbies like you.

Do you want me to quote you from authoritative sources, or would you rather make the measurement yourself like this:

Connect a scope probe across R1 ( a Current Sensing Resistor [CSR] ) and pulse the Q1 and see for yourself that the direction of current in L1 does not reverse when Q1 opens.

i.e polarity will always change in a pulsing inductor cct.
Polarity of voltage - yes.
Polarity of current - no.

In an underdamped LC circuit both will change and oscillate, but is not a purely inductive circuit anymore because of that added capacitance.

No, you are wrong.  I am not going to study this because I taught this course in a university. You apparently do not realize who you are talking to.
I had this conversation so many times with newbies like you.

Do you want me to quote you from authoritative sources, or would you rather make the measurement yourself like this:

Connect a scope probe across R1 ( a Current Sensing Resistor [CSR] ) and pulse the Q1 and see for yourself that the direction of current in L1 does not reverse when Q1 opens.

Polarity of voltage - yes.
Polarity of current - no.

In an underdamped LC circuit both will change, though.

These things happens in msecs, μsecs and nsecs . You only see the resultant current which off course surpasses the reversed one.

Maxolous

These things happens in msecs, μsecs and nsecs .
These time periods are not a problem for a modern scope.
If you use an inductor in the mH range, the time periods will be long enough even for an old scope.

You only see the resultant current which off course surpasses the reversed one.
The phrase "resultant current" implies a sum of currents.

Like this:
"Resultant current" = "Reversed one" + (some 2nd current)

If this is what you meant, then answer me:  What is that "2nd current" and along what path does it flow ?

These time periods are not a problem for a modern scope.
If you use an inductor in the mH range, the time periods will be long enough even for an old scope.
The phrase "resultant current" implies a sum of currents.

Like this:
"Resultant current" = "Reversed one" + (some 2nd current)

If this is what you meant, then answer me:  What is that "2nd current" and in what path does it flow ?

I need to look at this matter carefully again.

One thing that I know is that when voltage is applied to an Inductor there is always a back emf which opposes the direction which is the source of applied voltage until the current reaches a maximum value that's when it attains a steady state.if time permits, the rate of change of current di/dt will come to zero. Only the resistance of inductor will be left to oppose the current.

In the same way, when the switch is opened, the induction want to oppose that too because the source of applied voltage is now seen as load, thereby reversing polarity of it induced voltage.

If you are telling me that current direction does not change, I will like to carefully look at that matter.

Just what I said, that I would like to rewind my grenade inductor to get a specific inductance in order to get resonance frequency that will permit lower capacitance.

This is to show that my getting interaction does not mean that I had arrived. I have already said , am not there yet. We shall continue to search until we find.

Didn't you just write a while ago that the "back EMF" (which is a voltage) induced across the inductor, has the opposite polarity of the driving voltage source ?   See your quote below..:

Maybe my English,
It opposes the direction of applied voltage,(the back emf)

I will like to edit it ,pls

I will like to edit it ,pls
I deleted my objection after this redaction.
One thing that I know is that when voltage is applied to an Inductor there is always a back emf which opposes the direction which is the source of applied voltage until the current reaches a maximum value that's when it attains a steady state.
I agree now.

if time permits, the rate of change of current di/dt will come to zero. Only the resistance of inductor will be left to oppose the current.
I agree. I call it the "V/R limit" in this analysis.

In the same way, when the switch is opened, the induction want to oppose that too because the source of applied voltage is now seen as load, thereby reversing polarity of it induced voltage.
I agree, except for the reason marked in red.  When the switch (or transistor) opens, the voltage source becomes disconnected and irrelevant.
Also, I would phrase it as follows: "...when the switch is opened, the inductor "wants" to oppose the change of current..."

If you are telling me that current direction does not change, I will like to carefully look at that matter.
Yes, the EMF across the inductor changes polarity when the switch opens ...but the direction of the current flowing through that inductor does not.

If you put a scope probe across the CSR R1 - between point A and B (groundclip at point A), then you will see an all positive triangular waveform. The apex of the triangle will coincide with the opening of the switch/Q1.

P.S.
CSRs must be non-inductive resitors.  Avoid the white cuboid wire-wound resistors !

https://cdn.electron.com/images/0/a693d9aeef8d877e/1/power-resistor-royal-ohm-prw0awjw47jb00.jpg
Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench

Guys:
    Verpies: I used to adjust and control partially the output of my ferrite Yoke core that I use, by placing hematite magnets on the core.
This allowed me to change things. What exactly, I'm not sure as I didn't have a scope then. But, I noticed that I could normally feel a vibration on these magnets when the ferrite core was switching back and forth, as well as their movements which got much stronger while the load of bulbs got brighter, when these magnets were used. A compass placed next to the yoke would also move back and forth. And my led indicators would also let me know of improved gain by getting brighter, or even going out entirely depending on what I did with the magnets. I mostly used three of the snake egg shaped magnets. So, professor, can you explain that?  Is it just the BEMF caused by the fets or transistors turning off, that strongly creates this vibration,  while the bulbs get brighter? Is this effect really only due to voltage polarity flipping?  As there is something flipping the polarities, and that is causing the magnets to vibrate, and move. Is this fromjust voltage? You are suggesting that only the voltage flips in polarities, and not the current. Yet, there may be other factors involved? Or not? Such as but not limited to, the current readings being unable to properly be read, in this case?

I had heard the discussions about  Back EMF not actually changing directions, previously. But, not about just the current, not changing directions. Perhaps there are other factors not yet discovered.  As there are many things that science has gotten wrong.
Like the Big Bang theory, and such. And making a point, that Free Energy is impossible. Also what is happening on the Moon, with UFOs, and more.
Much of which are just plain lies. Like most of the information that the NASA provides about our solar system, planets, and alien life.
How light from the Sun is what is directly lighting and warming this planet. Which is simply NOT so. I won't go into that here. So, please forgive my disbelieve in some things that are being taugh, still. I guess that I'm a bit of a rebel, at heart. Due to these lies, which are not correct, and they know it.
  NO offense... I am not disputing what you have mentioned. But, I don't agree as to many things that are still taught, but are very wrong.
And the "professors" are some of the the ones still teaching such things, today. Even if they don't agree, and know that some things are not correct.

Is magnetic flux composed of what? Voltage, current, both, or neither?  Magnetics 001
   What about cold currentless voltage, running the show? Lightbulbs being stone cold, or even showing signs of freezing, etc.
   Behind all this, is Free Energy, lets not forget the point of it all. And what we have to do to claim it.

NickZ

« Last Edit: 2021-10-26, 17:41:42 by NickZ »

Verpies: I used to adjust and control partially the output of my ferrite Yoke core that I use, by placing hematite magnets on the core.
This allowed me to change things. What exactly, I'm not sure as I didn't have a scope then.
You were able to decrease the inductance of the windings wound on this core.  This causes LC circuits to oscillate at higher frequencies.

If Fig.2 take a look at the green flux from the permanent magnet, which meets the blue toroidal flux from the winding on the core on the right side and opposes it (note the direction of the green and blue arrows where these fluxes meet) and makes it "hard" for the flux to go through that part of the core. This effectively makes it "easier" for the flux to close outside of the cure on the left. In other words: the magnet pushes out the toroidal flux out of the core.

But, I noticed that I could normally feel a vibration on these magnets when the ferrite core was switching back and forth, as well as their movements which got much stronger while the load of bulbs got brighter, when these magnets were used.
The vibration which you were feeling with your hand were these two fluxes repelling/attracting each other inside the core.
More load = higher current - higher flux = more repulsion/attraction force.

Is it just the BEMF caused by the fets or transistors turning off, that strongly creates this vibration,  while the bulbs get brighter?
No, BEMF is just a voltage across the winding.  It is not equal to the current flowing in that winding.  Only the current generates magnetic flux inside a coil and only that flux creates the repulsion/attraction force with the magnet's flux.

You are suggesting that only the voltage flips in polarities, and not the current.
Not only suggesting - I am adamant about it.

I deleted my objection after this redaction.I agree now.
I agree. I call it the "V/R limit" in this analysis.
I agree, except for the reason marked in red.  When the switch (or transistor) opens, the voltage source becomes disconnected and irrelevant.
Also, I would phrase it as follows: "...when the switch is opened, the inductor "wants" to oppose the change of current..."
Yes, the EMF across the inductor changes polarity when the switch opens ...but the direction of the current flowing through that inductor does not.

If you put a scope probe across the CSR R1 - between point A and B (groundclip at point A), then you will see an all positive triangular waveform. The apex of the triangle will coincide with the opening of the switch/Q1.

P.S.
CSRs must be non-inductive resitors.  Avoid the white cuboid wire-wound resistors !

https://cdn.electron.com/images/0/a693d9aeef8d877e/1/power-resistor-royal-ohm-prw0awjw47jb00.jpg
Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench

This is how we build boost convertor.
Look at  fig A; when the switch is ON(that is when you apply +ve pulse to MOSFET gate) there will be resistance because magnetic field is been built up in the inductor. The direction of current will oppose the one of the applied voltage. However, the steady rise in current as stress above will reach it maximum. VL=-Ldi/dt, current "l" will flow through drain to source of MOSFET.

Now during the negative pulse signal at the gate of MOSFET, MOSFET will open. The polarity of  inductor voltage will change. At this time current will flow easily in the direction of diode and be collected in capacitor. This Harmony is brought about by the two voltage in series. Invariably no more opposing current.

But, I don't agree as to many things that are still taught, but are very wrong
And the "professors" are some of the the ones still teaching such things, today. Even if they don't agree, and know that some things are not correct.
You can distinguish between the professors that are teaching dogma form the real ones, because the latter ones tell you how to conduct experiments that will confirm what they are teaching ...such as this experiment.

If you obtain a waveform that looks like below, then my statements are vindicated.

Remember , when inductor rise in current reaches it's stead state a time "t"  only the resistance of inductor will be left, hence the reactances is cancelled . Therefore, for the above cct. It becomes almost a short cct. which strongly opposes current flow.

The voltage that you get after diode will be much greater than that applied.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 20:55:22