PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 15:08:22
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: turning a permanent magnet on and off and harnessing the flux change for power  (Read 5269 times)

Battery powered MEG? Output measurement error according to RMS. https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/first-ai-nonrotational-power-cop28 https://youtu.be/bNo_TYPK3nE?si=_TgVfy9D4kR9YZQx
The ultimate test is always to rectify output to capacitor then loop output to input to power itself. Unless that is done and proven the claims with COP>1 (additional energy on output due unknown process to provide that power) remain unproven. There are myriad ways to fool meters. One of oldest ways is capacitor disruptive discharge to power the load while charging it with high frequency and low duty cycle pulses.

Cheers!

Group: Professor

There are myriad ways to fool meters. One of oldest ways is capacitor disruptive discharge to power the load while charging it with high frequency and low duty cycle pulses.
Indeed.
The circumstances you've described all lead to high crest-factor waveforms.  The output power measurements can be further falsified by reactive loads, but measuring the relative temperature or luminosity/spectrum of a purely resistive load is an accurate way to measure the average output power even for high crest-factor waveforms.

The average input power is much more difficult to measure ...unless the input energy is delivered by DC.

On the topic - anyone tried to assemble transformer core with magnet and:

1) Magnet having magnetic field strength around 90% of core permability;
2) The controil coil canceling magnetic field of magnet on full power in the core;
3) The output coil picking magnetic flux change from <10mH to ~90% of the max core permability
4) The waveform on control coil having sawtooth or similar waveform to simulate magnetic flux movement on output coil in range of BH curve of core and accounting magnetic memory of the core with adjusted duty cycle
5) The output coil inducing noticeable amps alongside voltage on 90 degrees

The results would be very interesting to see.

Cheers!

Group: Professor

Indeed.
The circumstances you've described all lead to high crest-factor waveforms.  The output power measurements can be further falsified by reactive loads, but measuring the relative temperature or luminosity/spectrum of a purely resistive load is an accurate way to measure the average output power even for high crest-factor waveforms.

The average input power is much more difficult to measure ...unless the input energy is delivered by DC.
SEMP quote 120 pulses per second and their best results use a duty cycle of 0.5%, so a pulse width of 42uS.  Their clamp-on current probe (Hioki CT6843) is a smart active device rated DC to 500KHz and 200A.  They use a Hioki PW6001 power analyzer.  Does that help in assessing the validity of their measurements?

Smudge

Why didn't they do an energy loop ? I didn't find this anywhere in the video.

Perhaps the attached document will shed some light.  The atom can shed a small number (about 0.2-0.3 per atom) of 3d electrons as itinerant conduction electrons and these are responsible for the iron's ferromagnetic properties.

Smudge

Hi Smudge,

i didnt comment for a long time. i hope you are still there. also late merry christmas everyone.

i read that magnetic moments of iron atoms can aligne each other because of electrostatic forces of the electrons. they keep the magnetic moments from flipping into anti-parallel alignment. so removing electrons from the iron atom crystal formation would technically weaken this aligning force.

i would love to make some experiments or calculations to predict what would happen but i dont have the means to do that.

When reading https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/patents/patent-44267-year-1908/ It did hit me:
Watching closely what happens in a Dynamo in motion, is that the turns of the induced circuit approaches and moves away from the magnetic centers of the inductor magnet or electromagnets, and those turns, while spinning, go through sections of the magnetic field of different power, because, while this has its maximum attraction in the center of the core of each electromagnet, this action will weaken as the induced is separated from the center of the electromagnet, to increase again, when the induced is approaching the center of another electromagnet with opposite sign to the first one.
This is one of ways how to create virtual moving magnetic field.
So all we have to do in that case is extend or shrinken virtual magnet length. And we can have permanent magnet attached in series to multiple coils in that arrangement. With some coils in steps strenghening magnetic field and some coils canceling out to create similar action to moving magnet through generator coil.

Any thoughts for practical experiment? :)

Cheers!

The mere displacement of the coil's magnetic field as the movement of the magnet does nothing. I made such a device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rjhb8qDzls
« Last Edit: 2023-12-29, 07:54:18 by maxmalone »

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
When reading https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/patents/patent-44267-year-1908/ It did hit me:This is one of ways how to create virtual moving magnetic field.
So all we have to do in that case is extend or shrinken virtual magnet length. And we can have permanent magnet attached in series to multiple coils in that arrangement. With some coils in steps strenghening magnetic field and some coils canceling out to create similar action to moving magnet through generator coil.

Any thoughts for practical experiment? :)

Cheers!

What you do is create two equal inductive discharges into two distinct but close-frequency LC circuits and join their outputs together. It is a type of multiplexer used for combining different audio frequencies into the same wire and keeping them separate., they will be all positive peaks of different amplitude and out of phase.

Regards

Mike

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

The mere displacement of the coil's magnetic field as the movement of the magnet does nothing. I made such a device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rjhb8qDzls

I would attempt to make multisection prirmary coil on "U" shape transformer. With each section winding as double <1mm diameter iron wire and each layer starting from the first layer start(this would make N+N/S+S magnetic poles stacked together on each layer). And each section making normal coil for electromagnet. Then have all sections stacked in series and also connected in series on laminated steel transformer core. Lets say, it would be 10 sections. The coils firing sequence would be for North side 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and for South 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 then the sequence inverted. This would gradually decrease current on North and increase for South magnetic poles over whole stacked coils length while strongest North/South poles magnetic field would change physical location on the transformer core. On the other side of U core in output coil you should get increasing magnetic field then reversing to opposite polarity like almost from AC input. Then also would try with single coil under whole series of stacked electromagnets.
In worst case scenario you should get inefficient transformer output. In best case scenario.. who knows :)

Cheers!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 15:08:22