PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 01:32:14
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35
Author Topic: OUR, window on the world.  (Read 262528 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Believing in something false doesn't make it true.
Very athletic "dog".  You should enter him in the Dog Olympics.  If you can catch him.   ;D ;)

---------------------------
Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

Group: Tinkerer

Very athletic "dog".  You should enter him in the Dog Olympics.  If you can catch him.   ;D ;)
He's a good boy.

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Wishing all members, guests and friends a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Cheers Graham.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Wishing a comfy happy Xmas to everyone here as well :)

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

Group: Ambassador

Best wishes to you and yours Grum ( and to all)
Had a wee frozen beastie join us this AM for some
Warming up ( found half frozen outside /flash freeze last night)

We call them chickadee’s here !

A bit of warm tea and she was on her way !
The cat was grateful she finally left ( had been locked up during the tea party )

I hope this storm steers clear of you as it moves your way …
Would not want to be out at sea in this one !

Chet

It got a little sketchy here in Alberta -35 C, -50 C wind chill, 90 km/h winds and white out conditions. Was plowing big snow drifts for four hours last night and had to throw the chains on the tractor which is a rare occasion.

Merry Christmas everyone.
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Tinkerer

Have a great day everyone! We have a mild Christmas this with a top of 27c. It’s been a cold wet year. Hope you have a sensational day with family and friends.

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Merry Christmas guys

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Group: Professor

And a happy New Year!

Very skeptical of this simple approach, but he is past 90 days already....  fwiw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTJFqwkXvI

That is just the basic Tesla Switch circuit without the switches.  There is a very long thread about that on the Energetic Forum.  Matt Jones, David Bowling, John B. myself and many others spent several months working on that project.  Eventually the batteries do run down.  Especially if you try to pull any really useful power from them.

Group: Ambassador

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQUwHdSAhmw

This is a remarkable simulation of speed of light from a NASA scientist
Offers perspective to our world and visualizing distance at light speed to nearby celestial bodies .
(Dr James O'Donoghue)
Simulation really adds perspective on light speed !( like snail mail in universe perspective)

I know years ago MIT photographer took pictures of light
At different frequencies…
This simulation above is wild , as are other contributions from the channel
« Last Edit: 2022-12-27, 16:51:15 by Chet K »

Group: Professor

That is just the basic Tesla Switch circuit without the switches.  There is a very long thread about that on the Energetic Forum.  Matt Jones, David Bowling, John B. myself and many others spent several months working on that project.  Eventually the batteries do run down.  Especially if you try to pull any really useful power from them.

Yes, I see. Thank you, Cifta.
 And thank you Chet for that.

I  should have also added that because this circuit recycles the energy it also allows you to get several times the energy from the batteries than if you just connected the load to the batteries directly.  But because of resistance and heating losses the batteries do still run down eventually.  We never found a good way to use the recycled energy to also keep the batteries charged so they didn't run down.

Did  someone replicated this Romero circuit ?

I've spent some time building iterations of this in the past.   As coils on the same or separate cores the result seemed pretty conventional.
I suspect if there is an OU mechanism it requires all three coils to be laid directly on-top of one-another so there is a dielectric potential+interaction between coils as well as magnetic.  Perhaps Centraflow's coil design but with this kind of driver? ???

"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping and analyzing a thousand buckets of ocean water that the ocean has no fish in it."

Structurally this seemed fairly similar.  Maybe it helps?

Buy me a cigar
I was sent this video a couple of days ago from A King.

Perhaps one of the single most interesting developments for DIY energy harvesting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYUwBGQS5_E&t=6s

Cheers Graham.

Be the change you wish to see in the world
I have built a few L-S TENG units
PTFE and aluminum foil on a PVC background or similar (Gutter works well)
Surprising levels of voltage can be achieved! (I saw 2+v) Performance drops off with use for every config I have tried. (3-4/5ths)
Many cells should be constructed each with its low loss signal diode. (in parallel)

Someone should start a thread on TENG technology..
50w/sq.m is nothing to scoff at.
I'm sure other ways exist besides the precisely adjusted setup used by the original researchers.
It's all about surface area. 3D printer is undoubtedly the best way.

https://www.techbriefs.com/component/content/article/tb/stories/blog/36126
« Last Edit: 2023-07-17, 00:05:41 by Excelsior »

Buy me a cigar
Hi Guys.

I shared this video with Chet earlier today and he’s asked me to share here with the forum. I’m very pleased to present the first working model of the 1872 Patent Brayton Ready-Motor at 1/3rd scale. This project has been ongoing since 2004 but mainly sat on the shelf waiting for an Iron foundry with enough experience to cast the quite large components. The engine runs using the Brayton cycle where compressed air and fuel are mixed and combusted as the piston is at the bottom of its stroke. The upper half is compressing the next charge of air that’s stored in the hollow vertical column. A high tension spark is used during the combustion process. At the time the Brayton engine was the most powerful of IC engines available.

https://youtu.be/6oKZSLgpDJI?feature=shared

To my knowledge this is the first small scale model to actually work using the Brayton cycle and my model is the only one in existence.

Cheers Graham.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Looking great Graham, as usual  O0

A truly long running project it seems.

The delicate tools lying around accounts for the needed fine-tuning with the 4 pound hammer as final persuader close by  ;D

Itsu

Group: Restricted

Hi Guys.

I shared this video with Chet earlier today and he’s asked me to share here with the forum. I’m very pleased to present the first working model of the 1872 Patent Brayton Ready-Motor at 1/3rd scale. This project has been ongoing since 2004 but mainly sat on the shelf waiting for an Iron foundry with enough experience to cast the quite large components. The engine runs using the Brayton cycle where compressed air and fuel are mixed and combusted as the piston is at the bottom of its stroke. The upper half is compressing the next charge of air that’s stored in the hollow vertical column. A high tension spark is used during the combustion process. At the time the Brayton engine was the most powerful of IC engines available.

https://youtu.be/6oKZSLgpDJI?feature=shared

To my knowledge this is the first small scale model to actually work using the Brayton cycle and my model is the only one in existence.

Cheers Graham.

How much gas you need for 1 hour work when slightly loaded ?

Buy me a cigar
Looking great Graham, as usual  O0

A truly long running project it seems.

The delicate tools lying around accounts for the needed fine-tuning with the 4 pound hammer as final persuader close by  ;D

Itsu

Hi Itsu.

Ah yes, the “ judicial tap “ instrument….  ;D You’re quite right about its use in fine tuning. The eccentrics are fixed to the crankshaft by small grub screws. In order to adjust the valve timing the flywheel has to be pulled forward to allow access to the eccentric bosses. The flywheel is held firmly on the shaft by a taperd Gib head key. This needs some quite “ persuasive “ force to remove and replace.

Cheers Graham.

Buy me a cigar
How much gas you need for 1 hour work when slightly loaded ?

Hi Classic.

I don’t really know about the engines fuel consumption it was built for the purpose of display and demonstration of the Brayton cycle. At the time G B Brayton had invented the most powerful of IC engines on the planet but it was superseded, very quickly by the now familiar Otto cycle.

Cheers Graham.

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Graham / Grum
On you tube I don't know if you have noticed but there are a few vids on hydrophilic free energy water
pumps using very few components (none return valves (known as ) (double check valves) and
an air expansion chamber.

My point is couldn't you interface a device like above with one of your rotary motors ?
you might be able to have / make a winner.

Sil

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Buy me a cigar
Graham / Grum
On you tube I don't know if you have noticed but there are a few vids on hydrophilic free energy water
pumps using very few components (none return valves (known as ) (double check valves) and
an air expansion chamber.

My point is couldn't you interface a device like above with one of your rotary motors ?
you might be able to have / make a winner.

Sil

Dear Mr Grey.

I assume you were referring to the Hydraulic ram pump? Invented by the Montgolfier brothers. Definitely a free energy device in one respect however they used 19/20ths of drive water to move the remainder up the hill. I built several of these over the years that provided water from our stream up to a small water feature much higher up the bank. I proved that they can operate under water too!

I also recall reading about a pump from an American inventor that was using a form of resonance system that could hold the delivery column by creating nodes in it. A variable speed motor drove a crank that pushed a diaphragm in a chamber with a non return valve on the input side. The speed was varied until the correct resonance was found and the water moved with much reduced energy consumption than that of a conventional water pump.

I cannot remember where I found this article on the internet but now no reference can be found.

Cheers Graham.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 01:32:14