PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 20:20:11
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
Author Topic: OUR, window on the world.  (Read 262479 times)
Group: Ambassador

Grum
We have a friend from Holland who has remarkable ability to find things like this
( Dealing with water)
Will see if he can help?
Sounds really neat

Here's a picture of the hydrofoil board I built this spring to test the monofoil (one wing) design. I also built/tested many two wing foils last year which use a larger main wing up front, fuselage and smaller tail stabilizer wing. The mono foil was surprisingly stable and lifted myself and the board out of the water around 2 mph and cruised around 10 mph behind the boat. We also tried a little wake surfing which was interesting.

The board, mast and foil use a shaped wood core covered in two layers of fiberglass then painted and waxed. This winter I plan on building a new canard based foil which has the main wing in the rear and a smaller stabilizer fin up front. I'm also working on a computer controlled/stabilized foil using a 3 axis gyro and waterproof linear servo actuators I built. In theory the foil control should come up to a predetermined height/depth Z then help dampen movement on the X, Y axis.

AC
« Last Edit: 2023-09-17, 23:51:21 by Allcanadian »

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Ambassador

AC
I hope to learn more hands on with water foils
Thanks for sharing

Here a share from TinselKoala
He Was giving “moment to moment” in cloudy ( hit or miss ) conditions

Then —-He actually got to see this “ring of fire” in person ( first time in his life seeing it ( ring of fire) in person

A hole in Ol SoL

Wild !
Yes he took it with cell phone , not scope
« Last Edit: 2023-10-14, 20:17:51 by Chet K »

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Just a quick note to wish all the members and guests at OUR a very merry Christmas or just happy holidays….

Aren’t those Elves a ****** nuisance??  ;D

https://youtu.be/aApZogU2sow?feature=shared

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Professor

Aren’t those Elves a ****** nuisance??  ;D
https://youtu.be/aApZogU2sow?feature=shared
I expected the Elf to get on fire any time.

Merry Christmas

Group: Tinkerer

Thank you all. Have a great one. I took my crew paintballing. Not paint on my face. Heaps of fun but still recovering 2 weeks later.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 20:20:11