PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 11:26:27
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 442552 times)

Do you have a 6 X 4 inch magnet you could use? The perpendicular applied field would be more uniform. I'm almost ready for my initial tests
I have a car in the air at the moment with a seized driveshaft. Its stuck in the diff which is unheard of. This is another time wasting job getting in the way of experimentation lol.
The assumption of 1/4 wave at 120.96 MHz may not be the correct frequency if skin effect is taken into consideration for iron, Aluminium is a little lower and typical for antennas however we are looking at magnetics which changes things.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Sorry to hear about the driveshaft. I hope if doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have a 15 pound block of 100 cabinet magnets. With paper tape I can make any type of shape.
A 6 x 4 x .25 would equate to 12 x 4 or 6 by 8 plate of separate magnets.
They are polarized as each large side is a pole.
I can see where you are headed with this.
A large bias area to filter ambient environmental EM noise like a buffer or a gelatinous like field overriding the external activity.

I can even build a total magnetic enclosure like miniature Tokamak. Muwuahahah, as they say.
Hmm. I wonder what the signature of a BEMF would be like with the coil inside?
I have never seen anything like this on any overunity site.

---------------------------

First initial run sweep 0 to 10mhz sine using direct gen output. A steady increase in amplitude. Next one when time allows will start at 9mhz and go to 20mhz. The pulse width range isn't up to this test unfortunately.
However with a 1 sec per div time base with no signal I see plenty of spikes going positive and negative. Only low level but way above ambient noise floor.
The car, aarrrggghhhh. Bearing and wishbone are being done too to savefuture hours in the rain lol.

Buy me a drink
My ATF05C genny does square 0 - 1Mhz or sine to 5Mhz.
Am possible looking for a higher frequency one. My scope only goes to 20Mhz. Might have to upgrade that too.

In all the field disruption configurations I have never seen sine waves used.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31, 14:21:44 by giantkiller »

Might have to upgrade...
Have you seen the price of high end scopes? Scarey lol.
I'll build a class d amp and use this to chop the triangle wave into pulses. Hopefully the output has a full range stable voltage level. A sweep should identify any drop-off. I need to build/find a MOSFET output stage to use too.
Then the fun can start.

Buy me a drink
JDO300 designed and sold me 4 solid state relay boards SSR3A using fet switches.
I have the original p4n150's for 1500v. The max switching is 769Mhz. I can replace with irf840's if need be.
These are bidirectional.

I built numerous fet switching boards myself. All worked and are incredibly cheap to do. If you look across the internet you'll see very high prices.

Now I am off to build my mini Tokamak. Everything is a good test.
DaVinci would be proud of my garage and inventory...
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31, 21:39:57 by giantkiller »

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: GiantKiller
Now I am off to build my mini Tokamak. Everything is a good test.
DaVinci would be proud of my garage and inventory...

Some of us are envious and proud of your work too!
May your project be a smashing success:  brilliant
energetic fire and smoke with 100% controllability! ;)

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Buy me a drink
OC2(Obsessive, Compulsive Creativity). It's not just a gift. Its a lifestyle. Buyaaah!
Maybe a bit OCD too with a touch of spaz thrown in.

I should have some IRF840's left with the driver chip too. Not used them since I moved house years ago. I actually know where were last placed and should have em to hand.
If you have time, connect your sig gen and leave it switched off. Set your scope to 1 sec per division and increase the sensitivity just to see if you too see these transients. There's nothing in my local area that uses enough power from the mains to corrupt it this way but there is electronic ballast in use in the lighting circuits.
I should have grabbed a pic thinking about it, perhaps tomorrow when I set it up again. I have an engineer bemused by the coil arrangement. He thinks it's going to be a waste of time as no transformers exist with this construction. Classic standard model idealist, he's a laugh but it's piqued his interest. It shouldn't work the same as bees shouldn't fly lol.
Nice stack of magnets, I've two 6 X 4 X 1 number 8 mix carefully bubble wrapped, they're not as powerful as new ones, I'll blame the pole shift for this. They're for another toy later, it'll make a sweet change from the rings in our experimental setup. I have a few neos too, a couple need a nuke to pull em off thick steel especially if you clip them so they stick north to north on a central steel sheet of the correct thickness.
Sine testing is more for resonant frequency identification. It should give an indication of the Q factor if any. From this a pulse width can be derived to give EMF characteristics. The length of the coils wire is important, I may construct another ring with this in mind. Two equal lengths with the copper wound on a little tighter may be interesting. Its worth the experiment if I then cut it shorter and repeat the test a few times noting any difference. A separate pickup coil or cap may indicate more than anticipated. Well that's the stone we're searching for.
I think we all know of the OCD, One Coils Destruction comes to mind, I don't to repeat this one. With the resonant frequency I'll make sure it's off tune from the magic magnetic number.

Buy me a drink
The ugliest way to disrupt is the stun gun. A quick test is to put a starter neon(Fluorescent starters sold in 2 packs at Home Depot) in line with the coil drive. The spark is in the light range and lower for transitions. That is why they work. But the EMP noise is hard to deal with on the bench. There is no real power but the potential of the magnetic field collapsing from so far out is what makes its use astounding. Like a radical virtual FET.

555 jitter is close to same thing electrically but again uncontrolled and not a wide enough bandwidth. Run high current and you can excite the iron. The gk4 did this. The noise was damaging. I was able to increase the frequency into the very high range due to mixing / eclipsing 3 frequencies.

Don't know if you were around then. It was quite an expressive build.

Buy me a drink
Lets give this a shot:
All south poles face in. I decided on using the weaker side. The outer area is all North.
3 rows of 15 magnets. With a small gap.

In this set-up you've used copper wire. Let's see what it does, I'd expect the resonant frequency to drop if the magnetic wall is lowered into position. If another coil was made with iron wire I'm sure the results would be different dependant upon the mag field strength.
I can recall some past experiment using what looked like starters from florescent tubes having three coils on a triangular backplate. Once energised it shot upwards at incredible velocity and was never seen again.
This I remembered as it's different from the expected norm and we don't want another bill lol

Buy me a drink
Only the secondary is copper wire.
The connectors are steel and the green is all iron.
The center coil can wobble on its axis too.

I post this schematic because it is along the lines of the field distortion and relaxation process. Two cores at 90 degrees, spaced apart.

The video shows what the fields do in this build.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01, 21:14:55 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
I drove the primary with a sine wave of 12v. The signal at the coil was 11vpp and rising as the frequency to 5Mhz(max for this siggen). I will get another siggen.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WLXLQ5/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IJODCLLD07PZT&colid=CTNCSSIM6W6Y
On its way.

@GK

Sorry man, I had to finish a major water treatment contract plus since my business partner passed in one of my companies I had to put in more hours there as well. Lots of business things happening these days that I had to contend with but will be back as a regular at OUR. Hope this is not bad news for most. hehehe

I will post on your works this weekend and from there be available. There is a method that I want to explain to you (and others) about how to go about this but the words need to be right and I have to try and keep SC from invading my writing which is not easy. It's like I have to talk about the effect without giving the true cause and pushing it in a way that will be understood, while not endorsing the standard method. Not easy.

One of the great reasons to just have the iron wire with two turns and secondary over only one turn is that if you have extra secondary wire lengths after those turns, then you can add more turns and decrease the turn widths or remove some turns and increase the turn widths very easily while you rework the frequency sweeps to find the best "nodal" relations. That is trial and error based just like in the days of vacuum tube building where distances, voltages, conductive material type all provided their specific addition to the overall deserve effect. We have to get back to being smallest and slightest effects and get further away from brute force pulsing like most are doing right now.

SM had to work some level of precision in this builds and not only slapping this and that together and expect things to work the first time. He had mentioned at one time it took him a year to get his system to work again. How is that possible if he was using the same components as before? It has to be a question of topology just as building vacuum tubes that are not set to specific tolerances will not work.

wattsup

Buy me a drink
I took note of the 1/2" to 1" turn width as a variance for
the best "nodal" relations
I am heading for a node count that the last node along the ring would wind up at the beginning of the ring. Snake bites its tail.
With my siggen only going to 1Mhz square I didn't want to waste time with it. I'd rather spend the effort with a 30Mhz better tool.

Just received the 30Mhz, dual channel siggen. Can see a whole lot more with this higher freq generator. I like it for $130.
Next I will upgrade scope and power supply.
Will sine sweep for more signal situations. Right now the primary resonates at 15.92Mhz. Will tank secondary to match that.
The coupling from the primary to secondary is great!
It is going to be a good weekend.
I have other household duties to perform, Not!

Absotively phenonimous!

To clarify the steps:
1: Find resonate of the primary
2: Tank the secondary to match so the inductive storage of both coils are additive
3: Alter the length of the secondary of permit the nodes to appear in certain radial positions of the circumference.

I tried .01uf, .22uf, 68uf, and 1000uf. Doesn't seem to change the secondary resonance much but it does decrease with the bigger values. Will also raise these as well. The LTPU had large caps in center so maybe this is a sign.

At the resonant frequency of the secondary which is x4 the primary these anomalies appear. I have been here many times before watching the tops and bottoms of this wave form. It is the precursor to self oscillation. Oops. Forgot to remove the scope ground. That will be next session now that I have an idea of the frequencies.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-05, 05:02:23 by giantkiller »

No household duties, that's the complete opposite of what I have. I can't afford the 250K so I'm stuck with a load of plumbing, decorating and the car as well as that tapping foot expectation. Envious?, oh yeah lol.
Let's not forget THE LENGTH of the cables, this is important too as we may not be dealing with standard model physics. The 'c' we know of seems a tad slow for some reason, it's in the history of these devices or so it seems.
15 MHz looks good here too with no added caps although the Q isn't that high. Perhaps a HV cap or two will improve this. The better the Q appears to be the stronger the node current will be too. Hendershot noticed the nodal current was higher than anticipated in his working units, it makes you wonder if the magnetic would follow too, perhaps a local clamp meter would show this.
I've not found any irf840's yet, I put them in a safe place and the local store looks like where I'll find an equivalent as they're strangely obsolete. Theres a few available that have faster rise and fall times but the price gets scarey considering one costs more than your new sig gen. I'll find them when I go looking for that 'lost plumbing tool' I need lol.

@GK

Congrats on your purchase. A real great price as well. JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO UNPLUG ANYTHING INDUCTIVE WHILE THE CIRCUIT IS RUNNING and unplug it during thunderstorms. That low price must mean less flyback protection.

During your trials there is a small observation of the FTPU that I want to put forward.

In the FTPU, SM stuck that magnet positioned yes in the side center of the loop so for us we are thinking the magnet needs to be in the center. But the magnet was really stuck on two metal speaker type terminals. So what if the iron wire is NOT re-biased by air proximity but by direct magnetic magnetization of the iron wire. Two speaker terminals can go each to a separate iron ring (top and bottom) where they both receive the same side of that magnet polarity which would also confirm that both rings receive the same pulse in parallel.

I would try the magnet to stick on the side of the iron wire receiving the make/break which is the side that starts the secondary on the iron wire. That would put a direct left or right crank and hold of the iron nuclei for the pulse to then crank or sway those same nuclei the other way at pulse on. The copper wire will only follow what the iron wire conveys. So if the iron wire can convey more sway per mW, then that copper wire should follow that conveyance and produce good output. It is actually incredible how efficient it is. If it works better with the magnet stuck to the iron wire, then there is a possibility that the circular loop topology would not be required and a simple straight iron wire with half secondary wind would do the same thing. The great thing is too find out all these things is so simply done. No elaborate builds and the learning will be from quick comparisons.

When testing, sometimes consider reversing the polarity of the pulse on the iron wire and hunt again. You need to understand the difference in pulsing the make/break on the first wound secondary side versus trying the same make/break on the side without a secondary. In Standard EE, because electrons are said to "travel" so fast in the wire, THERE SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENCE. So is there a difference? The how of that would produce a mountain of pages by itself but nothing equals providing it to yourself first.

The magnet when stuck to a pulsed iron wire should also produce some "vibration". hehehe

Yes, I know I could do all this myself and produce a few more videos etc., but I am more confident in your observational and objective nature since of course, some may say I have a bias against Standard EE. It's not a bias against Standard EE, it's a bias against unquestioned mono-intelligence of our effects.

The ultimate goal here is to get to a point where an X mW pulse produces X times 1.Y mW output. We are not looking 
here to light up a standard bulb. Just getting slightly or better over COP is enough at this stage.

I will post another one during the weekend on some other angles to help you and others look at his in a more practical and hands on manner then the unlimited EE lingo that really means nothing. If we can stay real in the effect observation it will guide us to newer steps and effects.

wattsup

Buy me a drink
@Szaxx, I can assume you are going to use a push-pull or gate driver on the fet? Straight drive can be slow transition times and 555s chatter. The chatter can cause the fet to spend too much time in the linear area of the transition causing heat. But I am probably preaching to the choir, eh?

@All,
I was too enjoyed with my siggeny to remain objective. So let me update my steps:
These are the sine wave steps:
To clarify the steps:
1: Find resonate of the primary
2: Tank the secondary to match so the inductive storage of both coils are additive
3: Alter the length of the secondary of permit the nodes to appear in certain radial positions of the circumference.

I tried .01uf, .22uf, 68uf, and 1000uf. Doesn't seem to change the secondary resonance much but it does decrease with the bigger values. Will also raise these as well. The LTPU had large caps in center so maybe this is a sign.

At the resonant frequency of the secondary which is x4 the primary these anomalies appear. I have been here many times before watching the tops and bottoms of this wave form. It is the precursor to self oscillation. Oops. Forgot to remove the scope ground. That will be next session now that I have an idea of the frequencies.

The square wave steps AND PRECAUTIONS are next. I realized early this morning that my scope connections were the kicker that reminded me that they should not be there when I switch to square waves. Big epiphany moment here. Like Wattsup just posted to be cautious about connections.

Here is another dream come true:
On the LTPU, remember the two fuse holders on the back? One had a fuse and the other did not? Well based upon what Wattsup is suggesting the open fuse holder is perfect for sticking a magnet to! I do not recall seeing if the magnet was stuck to the center toroid terminals the the device was in operation. That could possible be seen in the clamp meter demo. I'll go there when time permits. Or if anybody wants to do a little digging to find a link I would appreciate. SM never showed the magnets to anybody or let them hold them. Another slight of hand. 'They are just normal magnets...'

Also,
In the FTPU, SM stuck that magnet positioned yes in the side center of the loop so for us we are thinking the magnet needs to be in the center. But the magnet was really stuck on two metal speaker type terminals. So what if the iron wire is NOT re-biased by air proximity but by direct magnetic magnetization of the iron wire. Two speaker terminals can go each to a separate iron ring (top and bottom) where they both receive the same side of that magnet polarity which would also confirm that both rings receive the same pulse in parallel.
Does anyone think that the magnet could have been wrapped in Or just one pole side with black plastic tape to prevent conduction of each loop to each other electrically? Just thought.

The magnet when stuck to a pulsed iron wire should also produce some "vibration". hehehe
I did this with the GK4 and Neodyns. The frequencies that came out of that were what burnt me. I will be more careful this time. The cabinet mags are lower Teslas also.

So I have alot of very simple things to try this wknd.

Buy me a drink
And I have a bad habit of continually modifying posts, to add steps or correct grammar. This keeps them from showing up as new posts so important updates can get missed.
This is why this post exists here. My advice is always go back and my last post to catch up. A new post then always stipulates going forward from that point.

Thanks and noted...
Congrats on your purchase. A real great price as well. JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO UNPLUG ANYTHING INDUCTIVE WHILE THE CIRCUIT IS RUNNING and unplug it during thunderstorms. That low price must mean less flyback protection.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-05, 22:02:08 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
Siggeny square wave attenuates down to perfect sine wave across 50 ohm load.

@GK

Forgot to mention another point.

The second half of the iron wire. I think it is best to not let it near the first half that will have the magnet inside its circle. So the first half with the secondary can be a horizontal loop and the second half just turns straight down so away from the horizontal loop. See if that will change the waveform.

You see we only really need the magnet for the first half because that is the half that changes and needs rebiasing, whereas the second half is just sitting there, would be still in the air proximity of the magnet so it can put up adversarial effects that could hold back the reaction time of the first half. The more we can change the iron wire without causing needless hindrance, the more the secondary will see it and convey that as output.

Also, nothing is said about the secondary wire but it could in fact be litz (many parallel) or silver wire or flat litz (closer coupling) or flat silver wire or flat copper wire as well. Once you have a good base of effects that can be repeated, you can always try two or three secondaries still wound not touching but meeting at the ends once off the ring. So if you have three secondaries wound over the iron wire those three leave the iron wire individually before you connect them together in parallel as an output. That's another comparison. But you will get a sense of the limited variables and how they effect the results and this will at one point produce some flash in your mind too all of a sudden try a mix and bingo an oddity will pop out but only if you are attentive and open and available to notice it.

As for applied voltage.

Let's say you only had that one half ring with the second half going straight down (for now). You scope the iron ring without pulsing. You then bring the magnet close to the ring and move it around to see if you can catch the effect on your scope. You then pulse the ring but at only 1 volt. While pulsing you bring the magnet and move it around again. If you can still see the magnet movement on the scope, increase the voltage too 2 volts, then try the magnet again, if yes increase and try again and again until you reach the last voltage increase before you can no longer see the magnet movements on the scope while it is being pulsed. I would say that is the voltage to stick with for now. Do you get the method? It's like you are trimming the voltage to the level the magnet can intervene and return the bias. Any more and the magnet is not even seen or noticed. This is the delicacy of how these relations can be explored. Not saying its easy and it is time consuming but doing things progressively, notice the affects and taking images or screen shots with some notes on values and the like are all part of that so have some fun will y'a.

We can talk about what to do with that second half once you have a few repeatable baselines so from there any progression and change in effect is not lost in the shuffle.

Days, weeks, there is no rush.

wattsup

Buy me a drink
Since this test entails frequencies higher than 1 Mhz. I have to build a FET driver for which I have parts for.
My SSR boards are currently not working. I have surplus chips for repair but have to find them.
Something in the signal chain is not quite right. Need to do some debugging.
I am still in the process of interfacing my signal gennies for square wave drive to load. I should have one of these already as stand by for my SSR boards.
But when everything works, why bother, right? Now I am stuck.
I have an lm324 board but it needs debugging also. I never got the previous sigen to drive a coil with square waves. I used 555s. But over time I wanted to upgrade to a better setup of equipment
Impedance matched high speed load driver. I have seen the high prices of equipment of this ilk. I have to build one and hopefully the headaches are not as great as the savings.
Using a 555 as a buffer driver only gets me to 5Mhz. My SSR boards are max 15Mhz. And newest genny is 30Mhz.
The cheapest route would be to build a transistor based push/pull for FET gate drive. The speed is then based on the transistor top speed of ~300Mhz.

« Last Edit: 2017-08-07, 02:46:36 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
A surprising redo once the signal path was corrected:
The optoisolator input was a dead short to ground through the internal photodiode.
I removed 50 Ohm impedance matching resistor connected to ground. I installed a 50 ohm limiting input resistor to the SSRs. This way the load is now 50 ohm.
With sine wave application the 50 ohm load goes to ground. With square wave application the 50 ohm is in series with the load because the coil looks like a dead short.
Siggen set to 10v amplitude. +5 vdc offset. This lifts the 10vpp signal to sit on ground. Otherwise the SSR opto coupler only receives half the signal of 5vpp and this was further diminished by the 50 ohm input resistor.
Signal reaching SSR ~14vpp. BEMF 200vpp! with scope attached to coil thru a 50 Ohm resistor.
20khz driving frequency. Oddly enough the largest BEMFs come at <30khz.
This is probably a start to the anomaly.
Placing a magnet on the whole coil changes nothing.
Now that the signal drive chain is correct I will pursue the last post of Wattsup.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-07, 12:58:42 by giantkiller »

Buy me a drink
I realized that I built the coil incorrectly. I doubled the turns prescribed. Here is the new build by the previous instructions. I also made the secondary with Litz wire at 1 inch spaced turns.
But now that I have the signal drive setup correct let's see what new items appear in this build.

2 foot iron wire as primary. Litz wire wound on make/break first half as secondary. Last half of of primary left straight with no secondary winding.
The secondary has an overlap on the primary of 1 inch at beginning of primary at make/break.
Furthest end of Litz wire is just taped to allow the altering of the secondary winding count should it be necessary.
Am also wondering if the turn direction of the secondary needs to be taken into consideration also. Any thoughts? Easy enough to change with this build.

I wasn't following the previous build instructions and I don't know why. Nobody else caught it either. I ran off roughshod again. No telling how many things I missed in the past because of this impetuous nature of mine.

Lets fire this coil up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yfpLdVQk0
« Last Edit: 2017-08-07, 15:45:03 by giantkiller »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 11:26:27