PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 16:51:47
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Flux Gate Interrupter, BEMF Redirector  (Read 323598 times)

The magnetic forces have to be balanced in my design like on Muller dynamo and that give advantages for applying small force only to turn iron blades between magnets and coils. The magnetic interaction between iron bars changing magnetic poles and coils still need experiments to see outcome but that should not cause too much drag. Also as Jimboot just posted the coil position is best between two magnetic poles so the rest should be not too hard for figuring out the final generator design.

Cheers!

Group: Tinkerer

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
The magnetic forces have to be balanced in my design like on Muller dynamo and that give advantages for applying small force only to turn iron blades between magnets and coils. The magnetic interaction between iron bars changing magnetic poles and coils still need experiments to see outcome but that should not cause too much drag. Also as Jimboot just posted the coil position is best between two magnetic poles so the rest should be not too hard for figuring out the final generator design.

Cheers!

Hi T-1000

What I have found is the iron becomes a magnetic capacitor, it charges "becomes magnetic" when passing the magnet and then discharges when passing the coil, the BEMF is basicly hitting when the iron is of equal polarity of the BEMF, so pushing away and not countering the rotation, but aiding. It is quite an interesting phenomenum, and why the generating coils are between the perminent magnets, the generation comes from the stored magnetic energy in the iron, not the magnets.

As the iron is leaving a coil it is also picking up charge from the next magnet but in opposite polarity, this is the exact same polarity of the BEMF and so repels, aiding rotation in the direction required and not against. With this it is easy to see why the load reduces on the input, and the possibilities of a self runner O0

regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Hi T-1000

What I have found is the iron becomes a magnetic capacitor, it charges "becomes magnetic" when passing the magnet and then discharges when passing the coil, the BEMF is basicly hitting when the iron is of equal polarity of the BEMF, so pushing away and not countering the rotation, but aiding. It is quite an interesting phenomenum, and why the generating coils are between the perminent magnets, the generation comes from the stored magnetic energy in the iron, not the magnets.

As the iron is leaving a coil it is also picking up charge from the next magnet but in opposite polarity, this is the exact same polarity of the BEMF and so repels, aiding rotation in the direction required and not against. With this it is easy to see why the load reduces on the input, and the possibilities of a self runner O0

regards

Mike 8)

I haven't got the best pulley setup in the world so I haven't been paying attention to rpms. As such I haven't noted any audible difference to the motor when generating. I'll certainly be measuring that effect under load though once I work out the best coil arrangements.

Buy me a beer
Hi Jim

You posted the vid while I was typing. Yes as I have said I think the iron becomes a type of magnetic storage like a cap. I say like a cap because it charges and discharges and is by no means perminent, that is the hole trick to how it works O0

Nice vid

regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
Foregot to say that the analogy of type of cap is "none polarised", as the iron changes polarity very fast from one quadrant to the next.

regards

mike 8)

Buy me a beer
Like this ;)

regards

Mike 8)

My rig of course has a set of mags where you're coils are and the coil is on the outside.

Buy me a beer
My rig of course has a set of mags where you're coils are and the coil is on the outside.

yes but same difference ;D

regards

Mike 8)

For self runner you have to apply small resistance resistor in series from coil on incoming iron bar and short it when iron bar passes coil... This will make more magnetic force on pushing iron bar away after it passed coil than it comes to the coil. For the rest all same basic magnetic forces apply 8)

Group: Guest
If anyone can get the attachments pulled from this link, please post them here:

http://www.overunity.com/15083/the-new-generator-no-effect-counter-b-emf-part-2-selfrunning/msg424267/#msg424267

I'm getting errors which tells me this is worth a serious look.

If anyone can get the attachments pulled from this link, please post them here:

http://www.overunity.com/15083/the-new-generator-no-effect-counter-b-emf-part-2-selfrunning/msg424267/#msg424267

I'm getting errors which tells me this is worth a serious look.

I included attachments here, just that design does not care about balancing magnetic forces so there will be always resistance for turning rotor...

I included attachments here, just that design does not care about balancing magnetic forces so there will be always resistance for turning rotor...

Thanks T.

I slept on this concept last night and I'm convinced the iron rotor is acting like a "keeper" used with old horseshoe magnets.  With the correct dimension ratios, the magnetic current (Ed Leedskalnin's terminology) is simply toggling back-n-forth between the iron rotor and the outside stator core.  It doesn't change in intensity or do anything dynamic, it simply switches to the easiest path depending upon where the iron rotor is located at any specific moment in time.

I personally feel a design with more than four poles is going to be more effective, but four minimum should do to prove the concept.  The width of the central core and the width of the iron rotor must be of such that the switching is clean and crisp so the flux snapping through the outer stator winding in intense.  I also feel the stator windings can be designed completely different in that they can be wrapped like a toroidal transformer, though this would certainly be more difficult with a high turn count.  Seems to me they should be positioned to focus on the snapping action of the magnetic current between poles.  Imagine the outer stator as a circular ring of C-cores that are all bound together.

Having not actually built a running model of this machine, I'm clearly speculating at this point, but I'm convinced with the proper design, such a machine has merit of further investigation.

What would be very interesting is if the center core was unlocked and a torque gauge installed on it.  If we saw increased torque on this gauge when we applied electrical load to the stator windings, we would have our answer.  This would prove that we have created the condition where Lenz Law is acting between two statically mounted objects--the exact condition we are looking for.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-23, 13:28:53 by Matt Watts »

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

Gary effect in action !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACykTfXspfM

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Buy me a beer
Dear All.

Gary effect in action !!

Cheers Grum.

Hi Grum

Nice video as always O0

Yes it was yesterday that I found this sort of no mans land effect and also magnetic flip effect, it starts the mind racing on the possibilities of a magnetic motor, oh well it will have to be another day, I'm still trying to get this other motor put to bed, so to say, I am thinking of building from scratch so as to be able to change things quickly and easily, and so will become a big job C.C

regards

Mike 8)

Hey grum,
Nice model. I'll have to watch this one. A few times I think

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Thanks  Guys.   O0

This one has been a long time coming. Verpies has been my inspiration !!

http://www.overunity.com/12736/kapanadze-cousin-dally-free-energy/msg384779/#msg384779

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Gary effect in action !!

Yes Grum, this is very beneficial.  Good job!

It is clear to see with a little timing control and some balancers, a perpetual motion machine is well within our grasp.  I'd be willing to bet if you gave that device to a young child, tell them to come and get you when it teeder-todders by itself, he/she could do it in a matter of days.  If you wanted to ruin things though, tell them that perpetual motion is not possible and the only way you can do it is to sacrifice your life.

We walk upright, have opposable thumbs and binocular vision; any limitations we may have is in our heads.

Buy me a beer
Thanks  Guys.   O0

This one has been a long time coming. Verpies has been my inspiration !!

http://www.overunity.com/12736/kapanadze-cousin-dally-free-energy/msg384779/#msg384779

Cheers Grum.

I see youve been TK'd  ;D

regards

Mike 8)

I see youve been TK'd  ;D

regards

Mike 8)
Who hasn't :)

Group: Ambassador

well
 out of all the "critical" fellows over there ,the Koala is in a class all his own
he actually experiments and I consider him an asset.

yes Koalas do bite sometimes... but ...? I try to find the good in everyone and I see a lot of good as well as good intentions in that man.

but I'm from NY and I have very thick skin as well as a thick skull... :o

just one mans opinion.

thx
Chet

well
 out of all the "critical" fellows over there ,the Koala is in a class all his own
he actually experiments and I consider him an asset.

yes Koalas do bite sometimes... but ...? I try to find the good in everyone and I see a lot of good as well as good intentions in that man.

but I'm from NY and I have very thick skin as well as a thick skull... :o

just one mans opinion.

thx
Chet

Point taken.

Group: Ambassador

Jim
I'm not really sure what the message is myself ,and I do not want to appear condescending .
I just want things to change ...

and try to work with those who will give the effort?

as Rob has said, Time's  a wasting..

and one thing we do know is ,ultimately working together is what this will take and dealing with all the different personalities ,nationalities and backgrounds will always be a challenge.

But we are more than capable of working this out...

we shall see?

thx
Chet 

Group: Professor

Dear All.

Gary effect in action !!

Cheers Grum.

In order to understand the physics behind the Gary Effect I did some quick FEMM simulations of a bar magnet and an iron armature.  The attached pdf shows the induced poles at the ends of the armature changing polarity as the distance between the magnet and armature is changed.  If this is the Gary Effect then it is fairly obvious as to how it occurs.  If that effect is used to get OU then my guess is that it is the atomic dipoles in the ends of the armature that get flipped to change direction which supply the energy somehow.  Don't know whether this is a help or a hindrance  :-[.

Smudge

Group: Tech Wizard

Hi Smudge,

Thanks for the simulations. When I first learned about the Wesley Gary neutral zone, I thought a horse shoe magnet is a must or at least two magnets whose unlike poles joined with a soft iron keeper on one side to form a horse_shoe like magnet and another keeper in front of the horse shoe is moved to find the neutral zone. Later I found that neutral zone comes about several ways, like shown in this 3 minute long video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYvP7VuFmNo

There is another very short video in which a horse shoe magnet is used and the pole change is indicated by a compass:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw7f1f_wesley-gary-neutral-zone_tech 

In fact, it may be this setup, using a horse shoe and a moving keeper in front of it,  with which Wesley Gary may have built a generator because the mechanical input to oscillate the keeper in the neutral zone was said to be minimal in this setup. And the electric output power was taken from the coil wound onto the soft iron keeper. Variations are certainly possible.

I mention all this because if you think there is a difference between the neutral zone created in front of a horse shoe and that of the setup you simulated, then could you simulate the horse shoe setup too? If you think there is no any difference, then no need for simulating the horse shoe magnet with the keeper in front of it.

I would certainly prefer using the horse shoe magnet setup (or substituting the horse shoe with two magnets + a soft iron yoke to reduce cost) because much less stray flux is created, compared to either the setups shown in the first video above or in your simulation.

Have you checked in your simulation or can the simulation indicate any neutral position for the iron when the soft iron armature has no induced poles at it edges (at a certain distance)?

Thanks,  Gyula

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 16:51:47