PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-19, 02:33:39
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Author Topic: STEAP and the TPU  (Read 55963 times)

It would not work for you if there is no plasma, right? But that is not the point I want to know from you.

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
It would not work for you if there is no plasma, right? But that is not the point I want to know from you.

No plasma and it will not work, you could say the plasma is the core material, and the plasma moves and has a high current. Think about it because there are several possibilities where the energy is extracted, I am not sure myself on that one, neither was SM.

Whatever it comes from the ambient, be it static or magnetic.

Regards

Mike

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Going back to Stevens descriptions he mentioned creating "catalyst" and  plasma does tick a few boxes for this.

There have been a few different description of the central loops and for some time they were described as loops going around an back on themselves.

Now it seems that they are coils joined in the centre  .
It would be helpful to get this part defined as its very hard to change after the careful overwinds are done .
Are they back and forward winds or  3 turns joined at the ends? or 3 loops joined?

This was never clear ...but being out of the loop that may have been purposefully vague .
Else my comprehension is just poor .

Buy me a beer
Going back to Stevens descriptions he mentioned creating "catalyst" and  plasma does tick a few boxes for this.

There have been a few different description of the central loops and for some time they were described as loops going around an back on themselves.

Now it seems that they are coils joined in the centre  .
It would be helpful to get this part defined as its very hard to change after the careful overwinds are done .
Are they back and forward winds or  3 turns joined at the ends? or 3 loops joined?

This was never clear ...but being out of the loop that may have been purposefully vague .
Else my comprehension is just poor .

Hi Lindsay

The description of a twin wire going back on itself was my idea as a "ONE FOR ALL" core. It basically gave all the possibilities you can imagine, so you would not have to wind any other (which is what I did in the end as I was fed up with winding "many" toroids.

I really think it does not have to be a toroid shape, it could be straight ;)  A toroid shape uses less space, but it has a space where the ends meet which allows for connections. You have to think hard over those connections and the possibility of arcing over with some which are "capacitive", seems SM had that problem where he opened up to repair the problem, so forwarned.

There is only one core wire in the end, one plate of the capacitor, the other plate is the coils, especially the "b" coils, but also there is capacitance with the rest of the coils even though the loop is connected to the "A" mosfet drain. The loop is not an inductive element with the coils, it is only capacitive (quite clever).

Splitting the coils (center tapping) into a top and bottom toroid is also a space-saving idea of SM. The big TPUs were TWO TPUs entirely and why two CMCs, give twice as much power. The smaller one I have described (powering the TV, etc) is half the big TPUs of SM, as simple as that, but deceptive.

Regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Thanks for the drawing Trino. It really jumps off the page ! and encourages a smaller build.  And welcome to the forum.

Mike , The collector plate,lets call it, could be made from a tube/circle  of tinned copper tube ?

Wound carefully with looser tension as the winds become larger .  Wound  whilst straight and filled with sand to stabilize the later bending .
It is quite a challenge to keep them lined up and I thought of using thicker insulation to compensate.

A former like a flat spring, like a slinky, could be made to keep the layers seperated and in line with each other.

It could be later coaxed into a circle ..or not.

It could then be fed with synthetic (non conducting ) high pressure tubing with a tiny  expansion valve (pin hole)and cooled with a non conducting refrigerant possibly just air.

This was acknowledged back in 2006 as a possible solution to cooling before WE knew it was a plate an NOT a coil as was the encouraged "belief" back when.

It would be extremely interesting to know if the power generated was enough to cool it with any left over .
I know that this was a real and unresolved problem  at that time .

It would depend on where the actual center of the heat source was of course. What do you think?

If there is anything I am missing  I would value some catch up and I acknowledge  some of the bizarre stuff  that sound crazy. I believe that any  pressure is off now.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-02, 07:06:18 by 3D Magnetics »

Buy me a beer
Hi Trino

Welcome to the forum.

I have that cad as well, but probably because of my dislexia I find Tiny cad good for me.

Lindsay, the "collector" works on the basis of surface area, more area the higher the power factor. This is why it is loads of small strands, and the Tin is non corrosive along with the air removed when insulated. All very important against breaking, if you read up about DBD for material transforming in industry it will give you a great insight as to what happens inside the coils.

As far as heat is concerned, with a fan top center of the Toroid blowing down from a sealed top and bottom, the air passes out between the top and bottom toroids. A good uniform build is very important, I used a piece of nylon "cable pull through" which is perfect as it will not be affected by the plasma, or it seems not to. The more uniform the better as then there are no hot spots,think about it, but the wire I used is important.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Trino

Look at the attached.

The pink trace is the result of the propagation delays built into the way the solenoids are connected.

The multi-trace is showing the two inputs and the result.

These are real traces taken from the TPU, but without constant current inputs, just the input pulses at 5v from the signal generator.

The TPU will always resonate at its natural resonant frequency as long as the frequency of the pulse is a lot less than the Fr (resonant frequency).

Regards

Mike

Hi Michael:
    Many thanks for the return. I am off to the wire store today. Wish I had a source for the Teflon but have to use regular for now. 47's 11's and 106's on the way. See if I need the 106.  Can you confirm that all six ends of the core short at the break of the two torrids?
    Was looking into the GroWatt and see it is 48v so this is set up to run a 48v load? Will order a GWatt or two if I am successful in the build.

thay

Buy me a beer
Hi Michael:
    Many thanks for the return. I am off to the wire store today. Wish I had a source for the Teflon but have to use regular for now. 47's 11's and 106's on the way. See if I need the 106.  Can you confirm that all six ends of the core short at the break of the two torrids?
    Was looking into the GroWatt and see it is 48v so this is set up to run a 48v load? Will order a GWatt or two if I am successful in the build.

thay

Thay, it is silicon insulation, not Teflon, and all the wire used should be this with Tinned multi strands, see attached.

Yes the "loops join together, it is one plate of a capacitor which has a large surface area, the other plate is the over wound solenoid coils.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Even Amason have this wire, or they did!

Regards

Mike

Aliexpress are the cheapest source and buying 4 core with silicone wire and sheath is an advantage but is slow and descriptions are not always accurate.

these guys gave me a good price on 20 mtrs

Kapton High temp tape is also handy

Once you use this silicone wire you will not want to use
much else on everything, its so easy to use , and re-use.

Teflon may work and if so, aviation wreckers are  the best source. as they have no use for it.
I suggest staying with what Mike has said worked.
A witness to the early demos stated to me that is was made from 23/0076 lamp cord (the cut up one ). He would/should have known .

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001456100940.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef18023IUkPQ

Interesting reading up on plasma the word "Catalyst" is used extensively in literature around it.

Buy me a beer
All.

You should buy what I have shown, remember this is a capacitor, dielectrics and distances matter, how much atm I really don't know enough.

The TPU is highly  capacitive and works with ratios of capacitance between the loop core and the solenoids.

It is to do with the maximum number of waves of the same frequency which is possible, and a self modulation.

Regards

Mike

Hi mike
   Sorry to bother you but on post #30 ainachara  makes a statement on the label order of the windings. States the order as being  Core A C B but on the final schematic you show them as Core  A B C. This order has to be right or it will mess with the timings.    Is B in the middle or is C? 
   Correct wire is here tomorrow so would like to have the right setup. All other info is ready.

thay

Buy me a beer
Hi mike
   Sorry to bother you but on post #30 ainachara  makes a statement on the label order of the windings. States the order as being  Core A C B but on the final schematic you show them as Core  A B C. This order has to be right or it will mess with the timings.    Is B in the middle or is C? 
   Correct wire is here tomorrow so would like to have the right setup. All other info is ready.

thay

B is in the middle but when you wind the coils it will not matter until you connect them. The winding of the toroid is totally universal, no need to wind it any other way, afterwards, it is how you connect it.

It was all a learning curve of what is really happening, that was my idea, the worst part of learning how this works was winding loads and loads of toroids, so I devised how to wind for all possibilities.

By the way, the Growatt converter has a 48v input and charger for batteries, lithium-ion, but the main input is from 150-580v DC from solar panels ( all panels are wired in series up to the max output of 580v). It is not a cheap unit, over 1000€, but as you see it is perfect for a TPU which might have a variable input from 150v up to 580vDC and is completely automatic. It has two inputs, the second is for STEAP, when there is no sun it switches automatically.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Ok I am going to explain where and how the plasma starts, I thought that it would be seen!

Look at loop C1 which I call a plate of C1, it is connected at the drain of mosfet"A", but where is the other plate! The other plate of C1 is the "b" coils, the center tap to the "B" mosfet drain is switched to the ground when the mosfet switches ON.

C2 and C3 and the "b" coils are resonant circuits on their own and are powered by the transformer action with "a" and "c" coils. The resonant frequency of the "B" circuit should be near the Fr of the toroid but does not have to be exact. The whole part which is important is the timing, the switching relations, the time when energy is extracted, and the times when it is fed back. The "B" mosfet can be compared to the starter for a fluorescent tube, except here there is a point when extraction takes place.

The C2 and C3 are in the low nF range which will give a Fr in the "B" circuit near the Fr in the main toroid, it does not have to be exact but within 1- 10KHZ. When SM talked about different toroids running at different frequencies, it was the difference, like 5KHz, this is where this came from.

Regards

Mike

What type of caps are c2 and c3? voltage / type...high I imagine but how high.
What Mosfet type did you find worked for you .

These variables could make or break it.

Thanks in advance

The resonant frequency of the "B" circuit should be near the Fr of the toroid but does not have to be exact.

Dear Mike,
what exactly do you mean with toroid in the above sentence? Are you talking here about the resonant frequency of the complete toroidial designal of mutual induction coils ABC and the capacitor plates or are you talking here about the core material. I find it difficult do determine if there is a core material at all or are we talking here about air coils?

Thank you

Buy me a beer
Dear Mike,
what exactly do you mean with toroid in the above sentence? Are you talking here about the resonant frequency of the complete toroidial designal of mutual induction coils ABC and the capacitor plates or are you talking here about the core material. I find it difficult do determine if there is a core material at all or are we talking here about air coils?

Thank you

Look at the photos and the schematic.

a,b,c is one toroid, a1, b1 c1 is the other toroid. Really it is all one toroid with center tappings, it is split into two to save space and stacked, but the connections are exactly the same.

The "A"s and the "C"s form the main toroid (they are not really toroids, there is a gap where they join for connections), and the primary of the generator, the secondary is the "B" coils. You have to understand that ALL coils are both coils and capacitors, especially the "B" coils, they are the other plate of the C1 capacitor centering with the "collector" loop core. The whole of the TPU is highly capacitive.

The real core of the TPU can't be seen (not in normal light) it is a plasma created by the discharge on the outside of the dielectric of the loop and coils (DBD). Needed is around 2kv, this all depends on the build materials. A DBD is basically a CAPACITOR, now you see why the TPU is very capacitive. A plasma is formed by the extraction of electrons which then form ions, it is superconductive, and when it moves it naturally forms a magnetic field through the center of the now seen solenoids. There are many facets to the TPU, it is all these together that makes it work, and to get all these things to work together requires TIMING and RATIOS.

Regards

Mike

Buy me a beer
Another photo.

These are photos of my testbed STEAP TPU which I use for finding possible component reduction.

The only difference is the center loop configuration (it is universal), but now found that 3-6 twisted turns are all that is needed, twisted gives an angular effect which seems to work better (it is possible that it has to do with Thomson scattering, hence the reference of SM to the exploding TV). When the coils are wound over the top, they naturally have an angle to the collector but not so much.

Regards

Mike

PS foregot the second photo
« Last Edit: 2022-04-07, 15:50:42 by Centraflow »

Hi Mike:
     On page 7 steap tpu 2022 revealed.png which side of the windings is the start? Right or left as I am done winding them counter clock wise but need to know the start and finish ends. Ready to start connecting the ends to their homes but unsure of the orientation.
thanks   thay

Buy me a beer
Hi Mike:
     On page 7 steap tpu 2022 revealed.png which side of the windings is the start? Right or left as I am done winding them counter clock wise but need to know the start and finish ends. Ready to start connecting the ends to their homes but unsure of the orientation.
thanks   thay

Right, it runs CCW

Regards

Mike

Finally get to report something constructive. Torrids wound and ready. Got all but the fet drivers and have one of the 47's up and going. Need to play with the values for freq. As of now, I have 26k to 1mhz variance. Only have 50k pots at the moment. Still looking for the 100k and 1nf. Was fortunate to find all but the drivers in my box. Just have to order the chokes and the hv cap and run caps. Want new for all that. More later.
thay

Buy me a beer
  Finally get to report something constructive. Torrids wound and ready. Got all but the fet drivers and have one of the 47's up and going. Need to play with the values for freq. As of now, I have 26k to 1mhz variance. Only have 50k pots at the moment. Still looking for the 100k and 1nf. Was fortunate to find all but the drivers in my box. Just have to order the chokes and the hv cap and run caps. Want new for all that. More later.
thay

Hold on building the driver atm as it may have to be reverted to different duty cycles as it was to start with. The 50% and locking up might not work to get to plasma voltages, timing is what is very important, will know more in the next few days.

I will explain more when more is known about the timing relation of the "B" circuit and the "C" circuit. The toroids are not the problem, the sequencing is as the feedback is from the "B" circuit, and the "b" coils are the pickup and plasma starter, no plasma and it will not run.

Regards

Mike

In reading through  solarlab's attachment here:  https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4261.msg98508#msg98508
I found it a very interesting read and wonder if some of the information presented in that PDF may be related to how the TPU works.   

Buy me a beer
In reading through  solarlab's attachment here:  https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4261.msg98508#msg98508
I found it a very interesting read and wonder if some of the information presented in that PDF may be related to how the TPU works.

I have just quickly read through the attachment, very interesting, and yes it could well be. The energy has to come from somewhere, and the only places I think it can be from our ambient in the form of charge, created by the SUN in the first place. Interreaction with the Earth's magnetic field might play a part, but I think it is too weak, but I could be wrong.

What I have based my design on is a huge investigation into Steven Marks TPU, and you may well know that the information from him was very limited. The main part of this is the core of a very strange "transformer" if you can call it such. The core is the extractor of this energy, plasma.

Regards

Mike

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-19, 02:33:39