PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 10:47:13
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Z axis TPU  (Read 6037 times)
Group: Guest
TPU Clue:

I happen to be working on a device for another project that has a disk that can both rotate on its Z axis and vibrate ( stroke ) on its Z axis. Both of these cycles are variable.

So.... I decided to do a little of my own after hours testing on the washboard effect.

With the device spinning on a calibrated surface, pushing the base of the device in one direction with the end of a digital force gauge, I could not get any washboard effect.

Picking the device up and tilting produced gyroscopic effect.

With the device vibrating on a calibrated surface, pushing the base of the device in one direction with the end of a digital force gauge, I could get noticeable washboard effect.

Picking the device up and tilting produced gyroscopic effect.

My theory is the motion in the TPU is in the Z axis.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
My theory is the motion in the TPU is in the Z axis.

"motion" of what?

Group: Guest
Well that is the question..

In the video when he sets the TPU down edgewise it has a very small contact patch with the large free surface area of the glass and there is a very distinct screetch around 6khz.

If the motion was in the Z axis at 6khz then it would resonate aginst the glass as it made contact turning the table top into a speaker. I think it did.

The distance traveled in the Z axis at 6khz would be hard to perceive but take a ring of a few turns of bailing wire, hot glue it to a speaker cone near the outer surround, feed it a 6khz signal and you will feel a slight vibration, gyroscopic resistance, and if lucky a little washboard across a calibrated surface.

I would assume three coils with two " near " the same frequency and one out of phase " at any given moment " will give you this motion in the Z

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 10:47:13