PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 04:32:29
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Rigol DS1054Z -- Features, Usage, and... BUGS !!  (Read 74183 times)
Group: Guest
What's the Channel 1 bug? I think I've encountered just about all of them, but I can't think of which one you mean. Can you describe it further?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Oh, shoot, if it doesn't exist then i'm going to feel embarrassed !
Well, the basis was that if Channels 1 and 3 are used together, the readings on Channel 1 could be messed up. Other combinations or 3 channels/4 channels being fine.
That's why I use Channel 2 for single measuring, then if another thing needs measuring during the session, i'm sure to not have 1 and 3 be the channels.

If that doesn't exist then i've got into an unneeded habit with an unknown source.

---------------------------
ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Uh OK, I think I know what you mean. There seemed to be a lot of measurement crosstalk between channels in some cases, such that even a channel set to GND coupling and with no input at all, would give weird measurement readings especially RMS values when another channel was in use.

See example shot below. Is this the problem you mean?

This has actually been fixed in the most recent firmware update, I believe.

Most recent firmware is 00.04.04.03.02, identified in the short System Info screen as 00.04.04.SP3

As far as I can tell the only major bug remaining, that could be fixed in software, is the "Pluses" spelling error.

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Yes, that looks right, although i'm not sure of the speciifics. It wasn't a huge deal, just wrong and could be avoided. I find it quite ironic that in your shot it's Channel 2 with the bug !
Good to know about the firmware fix...mine is still stock and hasn't had the unlock done on it either. Perhaps it would be wise to do both.

Yes, definitely install the latest firmware. The firmware and instructions and release notes are here:

http://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/1579/p/p-0019/t/page/fm/0

Unlocking is good too, and you needn't feel guilty about it since Rigol are now giving the options away free with new purchases of the scope. (They think Siglent is about to come out with a really exciting scope in the same price point.)

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Many thanks  O0
That's good news about the unlock...I could run it without the curtains drawn or the lights dimmed. Which is quite handy, because we don't have curtains and the bulbs don't dim  lol

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Bitluni has a fantastic vid, just out.
His humour can be great..in this one the quick unboxing of the scope is hilarious, but he also gives a huge amount of technical info.
The vid shows how to draw 3D mesh's on the 1054's screen, using an ESP32 !
Also, how to display real-time camera images on it !!!!! and !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_n8PtMMLiQ

O0 O0 O0

:D

Group: Professor

So what is the best firmware version for this scope nowadays ?

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Mine is up to version, unlocked and bumped up to 100Mhz.
I really like this scope.

Group: Professor

Mine is up to version, unlocked and bumped up to 100Mhz.
I really like this scope.
Which version?

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I'm happy with the scope itself, but beware of measurements with some probes that came with Rigol 1054Z

I found that they all work fine in the 10X position, the inserted resistance is right around 9.02 Meg Ohms, except for one which reads 9.68 Meg.

The X1 position is another story, with inserted series resistance varying widely from around 200 ohms to over 600 ohms or more depending on the probe. Working the switch back and forth can clean it up temporarily but the resistance value seems to jump around quite a bit.

This may lead to flaky measurements in the X1 position. I found the probes to be quite a nuisance due to the intermittent nature of the X1 X10 switch. Has anyone else seen this?

The input resistance at the scope BNC is spot on for all channels at 1.000 Meg Ohms

I'm looking to use some contact cleaner / anti oxidant that a drop into the switch may help.

I upgraded the firmware to Ver. 00.04.03.02.03 recently and it seems to work fine. I don't have a lot of experience with the finer nuances of the scope so cannot say whether this is the best version or not.

Attempts at unlocking after the upgrade have not been successful, but mostly due to my many errors entering the key. I'll try again after the clock resets, as others have unlocked with this version.

FWIW

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Experimentalist

This may lead to flaky measurements in the X1 position. I found the probes to be quite a nuisance due to the intermittent nature of the X1 X10 switch. Has anyone else seen this?
Exactly the same problem with the 200 MHz probes provided with my Siglent SDS1202X-E.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 04:32:29