PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-21, 01:01:21
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I tried to make a pmh and failed.  (Read 2322 times)

Group: Tinkerer

I've done this before but this time all it made was a perm magnet. Took a u shaped piece of rebar, two coils wound in opposite direction. A quick touch of the battery but it doesn't seem to release its magnetism. I have removed  the keeper several times but it's still a magnet. Quickest mag I've ever made.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
I've done this before but this time all it made was a perm magnet. Took a u shaped piece of rebar, two coils wound in opposite direction. A quick touch of the battery but it doesn't seem to release its magnetism. I have removed  the keeper several times but it's still a magnet. Quickest mag I've ever made.

Dear Jim.

You probably found a bit of Re bar with a higher Carbon content.  The first PM's were made from High Carbon Steel. You need to find a piece of Wrought Iron or better still Pure Iron.

It'll work then !!   ;) O0

Cheers Grum.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Dear Jim.

You probably found a bit of Re bar with a higher Carbon content.  The first PM's were made from High Carbon Steel. You need to find a piece of Wrought Iron or better still Pure Iron.

It'll work then !!   ;) O0

Cheers Grum.

Agreed!

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Tinkerer

Thanks grum!

Group: Elite Experimentalist

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
Ferrite works too. Not as strong, but definitely works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvi5yBZfeFk

I think I just wound the coils in the same direction and linked them as end of one to start of the other. The 2 ends then become where power goes to.

ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-21, 01:01:21