PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 13:53:57
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Comments on the McFreey paper  (Read 112850 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Back to energy from nothing...

A minstrel guts a cat and stretches the dried gut across a wooden bowl. Lo and behold the sound can be heard for tens of yards. Without resonance there would not be one less cat. Instead a crowd gathers to wonder at the transmission.

---------------------------

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
interesting story of the discovery of beta decay:

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Here is the latest paper by William McFreey dated July 2013. He presents some interesting ideas for NMR and NAR, the latter of which I have always suspected may be the basis for the SM devices. (see my paper on Acoustic Resonator Theory posted elsewhere).

He poses simple bench experiments that are not beyond the reach of the average person with some skill in electronics.

This is an excerpt from the PJKBook.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Guest
Here is the latest paper by William McFreey dated July 2013. He presents some interesting ideas for NMR and NAR, the latter of which I have always suspected may be the basis for the SM devices. (see my paper on Acoustic Resonator Theory posted elsewhere).

He poses simple bench experiments that are not beyond the reach of the average person with some skill in electronics.

I sure would like to see just one of the claim'd OU devices work ,that are stated in that PDF ION.
One would think that if any of them actualy worked as stated,then at least one of the many people would have been able to replicate it,and confirm the claims.

I sure would like to see just one of the claim'd OU devices work ,that are stated in that PDF ION.
One would think that if any of them actualy worked as stated,then at least one of the many people would have been able to replicate it,and confirm the claims.

I totally agree, the complete PJK book is full of proposed devices, most of which IMHO have no chance of working (probably 98 to 99%).

I often wonder why PJK bothers to put out such a lengthy PDF (the complete PJKBOOK.pdf 40 MB), most of which is bogus, some I use for reference only.

When extracting the pages by McFreey, I was not able to edit out the list of experimenters from the prior page, which is PJK's opinion, not McFreey's.

Every once in a while a gem sneaks into the fray, probably by accident.

I think the McFreey paper is one such gem that could offer viable hypothesis for tapping NMR or NAR and may offer ideas regarding how a few devices of the past may have functioned. (TPU, Hendershot, Moray, Coler etc.)

Be careful not to throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Buy me a drink
This does explain the exaggerated comp wave output of the dual pulse protocol.

Since all heavenly bodies had precession what is keeping this going?

These very things pay off with patience. I have seen enough of these slips to know that these things happen on purpose.
Talk to any black ops cryptologist and you will see they have something very grave to fear.

What Bearden was talking about is now well understood.

But something strange is afoot. Bearden has shut up, Hutchison and Dollard have gone off the deep end. Jay Be Dini has requested lack of exposure.

And any one who gets exposure due to their accomplishments will be scared off, chased down, closed out. Nuff sed?

I totally agree, the complete PJK book is full of proposed devices, most of which IMHO have no chance of working (probably 98 to 99%).

I often wonder why PJK bothers to put out such a lengthy PDF (the complete PJKBOOK.pdf 40 MB), most of which is bogus, some I use for reference only.

When extracting the pages by McFreey, I was not able to edit out the list of experimenters from the prior page, which is PJK's opinion, not McFreey's.

I think the McFreey paper is one such gem that could offer viable hypothesis for tapping NMR or NAR and may offer ideas regarding how a few devices of the past may have functioned. (TPU, Hendershot, Moray, Coler etc.)

Be careful not to throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater.
I couldnt agree more ION-there has to be one that works,hiden in there some where.

Very nice find, ION. I was waiting for these new papers, as the old ones were getting a bit outdated.
The only correction that I would have is that this time, contrary to the preamble,  McFreey does not say that NMR or NAR are necessary in the devices of interest:
"This paper clarifies the fact that nuclear magnetic resonance "NMR", which is understood to be resonant energy
absorption by precessing nuclei, from either electromagnetic or acoustic sources, is not a necessary ingredient in
the task of energy extraction from matter."
Where can I find your paper on Acoustic Resonator Theory?
Thank you.

I couldnt agree more ION-there has to be one that works,hiden in there some where.

If not one that works, some ideas that may bear fruit when properly tweaked.

yfree said:

Where can I find your paper on Acoustic Resonator Theory?
Thank you.

Knowing what I do now, I would revise that paper and not call it a theory, as it is more like a "WAG" written when I was trying to use some form of reasoning to connect the dots of the SM TPU mystery. As such it is not very well written and inconclusive.

there is a thread for it here: http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=1092.0

Group: Moderator

Attached is the NEW McFreey paper.

Hi ION,

thanks for pointing to this new McFreey info.
I agree, this should be doable.

I went for the Fig. 7 configuration, but run into problems with the La/Lb coil.
It seems my inverter is seeing it as a short and shuts off.
Guess i need much more inductance there.

Also the copper ring has some secrets, like this "hard insulation" in the slit.
How wide can/must it be, and of what material.

I remember verpies saying the slit should be "paperthin", so perhaps isolation tape could work allthough that's not hard.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRS5SLpjBw&feature=youtu.be

Comments are welcome,    regards Itsu

@ Itsu, ION,

Thank you for your video. I think I can answer some of your questions and provide you with some guidance. I also think, you may be the right person to replicate this device.
As far as I know, this schematic should be viewed only as a general idea. In fact, I've heard that Bill McFreey is preparing a better description of this device. I also understand that these are actually working devices. My answers and guidance will be based on my understanding of the physics of these devices.
For instance, the device in Fig. 6 is the nut-shell of the technology of Steven Mark.

In my view, the schematic on Fig.7 is very much related to the 2004 Kapanadze device and/or SR193 device :

1. The transformer in Fig 7 is not the transformer you see in the video, though. This is an isolation transformer (possibly step-down) to be used in conjunction with the variac, to better control the current through the coils La/Lb. In the 2004 video, the coils La/Lb are powered directly (through coil L1) from the inverter and must have much higher inductance.

2. Coil L1 is the visible coil in the 2004 video, it is a choke, actually. Coils La/Lb are hidden in the tin can.

3. As the schematic in Fig.7 suggests, this device is better suited for the ring, rather than a tube. Therefore, I would suggest winding the coils on ferrite cores, as can be seen in SR193 videos. The ring has to be placed between the cores, not the inner opening of the cores. Thus, the diameter of the ring should be comparable (actually slightly smaller) than the  outer diameter of the core. If no core is used, the tube/ring diameter has to be comparable to the inner opening of the coil.

4. The slit/opening in the tube/ring does not have to be paper thin. The slit/opening is there so that the ring/tube can become a turn, to pass the current through. The hard dielectric (e.g. a fiber glass double-sided PCB), which the ring or a short piece of tube is soldered to, also serves as a mechanical support of the ring/tube. The point of soldering has to be the only support point for the ring/tube, as this is a mechanical resonator.

5. The most difficult part in tuning this device is finding the appropriate mechanical resonance of the ring, as it has many resonances and most of these resonances are non-working. The smaller the diameter of the ring, the higher is the resonance frequency of the ring.

6. The current pulses for exciting vibrations of the ring have to be very strong (at least initially).

7. The surge protector might be of too low a voltage.

I hope this helps.

Regards, yfree
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25, 00:03:59 by yfree »

Hi Itsu, yfree

I agree with yfree's comments above. It would be much better to drive the transformer designated "T" with a variac rather than an inverter.

If I were doing the experiment, I would use the low frequency from a signal generator driving a hefty amplifier, preferably vacuum tube type only because they are fairly robust, although solid state would work if properly protected.

In this manner one could adjust the amplitude and frequency of the driving coils La, Lb.

I might also try a closed copper ring suspended in the field of La, Lb. Then by induction and step up of current, rather large current will flow in the ring producing greater amplitude of acoustic vibration with less power input. The HF RF could still be applied with another RF induction coil.

Backing up a bit, I might also be more interested in a proof of concept such as the earlier example of Figure 4, and I may start with this before moving on to more complex methods.

For your present setup, I believe you will need a lot more inductance in coil L1 such that it will not trip the inverter when the gap fires. Those inverters can be finicky when there are HF transients on the line.

More to come.

p.s. looks like verpies and I both posted the July 2013 paper from McFreey. Maybe Chet can talk McFreey into guiding us here on OUR.

Buy me a drink
p.s. looks like verpies and I both posted the July 2013 paper from McFreey. Maybe Chet can talk McFreey into guiding us here on OUR.

Shweet!

1. The transformer in Fig 7 is not the transformer you see in the video, though. This is an isolation transformer (possibly step-down) to be used in conjunction with the variac, to better control the current through the coils La/Lb.
I agree.  The transformer's (T) main function is isolation and impedance matching to the LaLb coil (which is below 1Ω at 50Hz).
As such, it should be a step-down transformer, e.g. 230VAC to 5VAC and the secondary should be wound with very thick wire to support very high currents (think something along the line of a welding transformer when using it with an air-core LaLb).
Its primary winding should be powered by a Variac for ease of amplitude control.

3. As the schematic in Fig.7 suggests, this device is better suited for the ring, rather than a tube. Therefore, I would suggest winding the coils on ferrite cores, as can be seen in SR193 videos. The ring has to be placed between the cores, not the inner opening of the cores. Thus, the diameter of the ring should be comparable (actually slightly smaller) than the  outer diameter of the core. If no core is used, the tube/ring diameter has to be comparable to the inner opening of the coil.
I agree. Using ferrite cores will increase the inductance of the LaLb coil and increase its impedance (lowering the average current flowing through it dramatically). This will make the system more similar to Fig.4
Also the copper/brass ring should be large like Yfree is suggesting.

However ferrite cores introduce several additional variables, namely:
- an additional acoustic vibration due to magnetostriction,
- hysteresis losses
- variable permeability, saturation.

Take a look at this video or rather listen to the sounds made by the coils and the core.
Also, listen to the sound of the Yoke device in this video.
Both of these videos illustrate the acoustic vibration of a ferrite core predominantly due to magnetostriction.

4. The slit/opening in the tube/ring does not have to be paper thin. The slit/opening is there so that the ring/tube can become a turn, to pass the current through.
I still think that the slit must be thin, because an excessive air-gap width will attenuate beta current which is the fundamental operating principle for converting matter of the pipe to electric energy, in those types of devices.
Fast electrons have a limited range in air and they cannot cause secondary decay events in the gap which stops the "multiplication" of the beta current.  Fortunately, thin double-sided printed circuit boards are readily available.

The hard dielectric (e.g. a fiber glass double-sided PCB), which the ring or a short piece of tube is soldered to, also serves as a mechanical support of the ring/tube. The point of soldering has to be the only support point for the ring/tube, as this is a mechanical resonator.
Yes, that's very important.  Think about making a bell when you are suspending the pipe/ring.  When struck, the longer it rings acoustically, the better.

5. The most difficult part in tuning this device is finding the appropriate mechanical resonance of the ring, as it has many resonances and most of these resonances are non-working.
It certainly is the FIRST thing to do.

Coreless devices (such as Itsu's) vibrate the slotted pipe/ring due to time-varying Ampere forces (in this case magnetostriction is absent). 
These Ampere forces exist:
a) within the LaLb coil itself
b) between the LaLb coil and the pipe/ring
c) within the pipe/ring itself

In practice, evoking acoustic vibrations by those forces requires 10s of Amps (or 100s A). Think - stick welding.

In this case, it would be useful to be able to see the acoustical vibrations of the slotted pipe/ring on a scope. 
To be able to do that I'd make it ring like a bell by hitting it with a hammer or a screwdriver and sensing its acoustic vibrations with:
1) a high frequency air microphone connected to a scope, or...
2) a piezoelectric disk from a Xmas postcard glued to the pipe directly and a massive counterpoise, effectively making a piezo microphone out of the pipe/ring, or...
3) a microphone coil (a thin-wire multi-turn small solenoidal air core coil with low inter-winding capacitance) that senses minute movements of a small shard of a permanent magnet glued to the pipe/ring, or...
4) a piece of reflective kitchen aluminum foil glued to the pipe/ring, that reflects a laser beam from a laser pointer.  This reflection should be sensed far away with a photodiode or phototransistor connected to a TIA and the scope. See how it is done in this video.

Take your pick.

Warning: The acoustic vibrations will form a standing wave inside a long pipe (see here) and if you are an unlucky fellow, then you will try to measure these vibrations at the antinode and see nothing.
Thus, move your measuring point a little, if you see nothing.

6. The current pulses for exciting vibrations of the ring have to be very strong (at least initially).
I think this will be the most difficult part. The pipe/ring is a dead short and its impedance is several milliOhms (event at kHz).  It will require a helluva driver/amplifier to vibrate it by Ampere forces.
Perhaps Eddy Currents are a solution to this problem.

I'd appreciate suggestions how to attack this last point.
« Last Edit: 2021-11-06, 23:23:46 by verpies »

If I were doing the experiment, I would use the low frequency from a signal generator driving a hefty amplifier, preferably vacuum tube type only because they are fairly robust, although solid state would work if properly protected.
That's a very bad idea.
Vacuum tubes intrinsically have a very high output impedance (around 1kΩ) and in this experiment we are trying to drive sub-1Ω loads.
A significant step-down transformer would be needed to match the output impedance of a vacuum tube to a sub-1Ω load.  Unfortunately ferro cored transformers have frequency and saturation issues.

Thanks all for this great info.

When looking at this McFreey paper, i was thinking it was an elegant form (NMR) of creating energy,
but after the above info ("welding transformer", "a hefty amplifier", "requires 10s of Amps (or 100s A)")
the term "brute force" pops into my mind  :o

Anyway, when sticking to Fig. 7,:

loose the inverter, employ a variac driven (welding) step-down transformer (perhaps driven by my battery/inverter for future looping attempt).

For La/Lb, use high inductance coils with cores, which means ferrite rings with od of 10cm as somewhere McFreey mentions a copper ring diameter of 10 cm.

Concerning the "hard insulator" in the ring/tube slit, does this suppose to be fixed (glued/soldered) to both sides, meaning that the ring/tube is a solid ring/tube again?
(this will inhibit any free ringing i guess).

Many thanks,  regards Itsu

the term "brute force" pops into my mind  :o
Well, normal ferro-cored transformers vibrate easily due to magnetostriction and ferromagnetic attraction.

Air-core transformers have to rely only on Ampere forces or Eddy current interactions for their acoustic vibration.  

Ampere forces are weak at low currents.
Look at the old definition of the Ampere: "A current that will produce an attractive force of 2 × 10-4 N per 1m of two long, straight, parallel conductors spaced 1mm apart..."
2 × 10-4 Newtons is the weight of 0.02 Grams on Earth.  A small grain of kitchen salt has an approximate mass of 0.06g.

Don't fret though - high current does not mean high power. I mentioned welding transformers because they are readily available.
Also, according to McFreey the beta current will generate kiloAmps of current in the tube/ring/disk. So sustained input of high current is not needed (only momentary is).  It justs needs a small nudge to start growing...

Concerning the "hard insulator" in the ring/tube slit, does this suppose to be fixed (glued/soldered) to both sides, meaning that the ring/tube is a solid ring/tube again?
(this will inhibit any free ringing i guess).
Closing the gap mechanically with a double-sided PCB will not inhibit the free ringing but it will change the vibration mode significantly, compared to suspending the ring/tube at a point opposite to the gap (180º away on its circumference), which would allow the gap to expand and shrink.
IMO both suspension methods should be compared for Q (manifested as the time of free ringing).

Did you decide which method you are going to use to measure the mechanical vibrations?
Do you have access to an old pickup system from an old Phonograph?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25, 16:00:29 by verpies »

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
I  can't believe that any layman experimenter could ever stumble upon this method and get it to work.

I  can't believe that any layman experimenter could ever stumble upon this method and get it to work.
Why not?  A loose / buzzing transformer and there you go.
Also, who's to say that somebody more educated did not show him the principle.
« Last Edit: 2021-11-22, 13:38:38 by verpies »

That's a very bad idea.
Vacuum tubes intrinsically have a very high output impedance (around 1kΩ) and in this experiment we are trying to drive sub-1Ω loads.
A significant step-down transformer would be needed to match the output impedance of a vacuum tube to a sub-1Ω load.  Unfortunately ferro cored transformers have frequency and saturation issues.

I have developed thousands of amps into milli ohms using tube amplifiers and the appropriate impedance matching transformer, usually consisting of a large toroidal core of a hundred or more turns primary with a single turn through the center as secondary.

The frequency range is limited to the audio range, and the outboard impedance matching transformer is connected to the normal 4 or 8 Ohm output of the tube amp.

I mentioned using tube amplifiers because they can take a beating without self destruction. Solid state amps would work well if appropriately  protected and also using an impedance matching transformer.

Since I have lots of high power tube amps and solid state amps at my disposal for lab equipment, I don't have to start from scratch.

I also have some large RF amps available.

Just my preference, although I am capable of building an exotic drive system using high power FETs or BJT's.

I have developed thousands of amps into milli ohms using tube amplifiers and the appropriate impedance matching transformer, usually consisting of a large toroidal core of a hundred or more turns primary with a single turn through the center as secondary.
Of course this is doable with an addition of a suitable impedance matching transformer.

The frequency range is limited to the audio range,
Was the frequency limitation of this amplifier due to the vacuum tubes or due to this transformer?
I was able to get up to 90kHz with my vacuum-tube amplifier and steel tape toroidal transformers. (it sucked below 20Hz though). You can see it here.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-04, 00:06:12 by verpies »

Why not?  A loose transformer and there you go.
Also, who's is to say that somebody more educated did not show him the principle.

I once posited that SM's 5U4 rectifier anomaly was due to loose windings in the power transformer, which had some acoustic range of motion that created the strange effect he witnessed and reported in his early dialogue with Lindsay Mannix.

I originally got the idea from electron circuits which use vacuum rectifiers like the 5U4 GB or 5AR4 etc. The plate has a high voltage potential with lots of useable power available. You cant get to it or use it for anything without applying a heating voltage to the cathode or what is the cathode potential of the tube. So, you put in a small voltage of 5 volts AC 60 Hz which heats up the cathode and welcomes the electron stream from the plate. Or actually the other way around, but not important for this example of my thoughts. Now the high voltage power goes through the cathode and travels through the coils of the 5 volt transformer along with the 5 volt AC. If the plate voltage is not rectified then it is AC with a potential 60 Hz frequency. That combines with the 5 volt 60 Hz in the coil of the htr transformer and generally amounts to nothing. In fact the power of the 5 volt transformer amounts to nothing. It is an insignificant power supply except when the two transformers get slightly out of phase with each other, or when they are connected in reverse of one another. Then you can measure all kinds of things going on. You can generate all kinds of hash and multiple frequencies, and I do mean all kinds. What I measured during this process was very interesting. All these frequencies occasionally met at the same time with a much larger kick at the output.
Anyway, I have taken a high voltage power supply as follows: 500 v-0-500 v 300 mV plate transformer run it through a full wave silicon circuit then run it through a 5U4 electron tube rectifier. Now you know that the 5U4 requires 5 volts AC at 3 amps for its heater to gather the electrons and complete the circuit. Well, I measured the output from the tube and the result is 500 volts DC at 250 mV. The loss is due to the high impedance of the tube and its limited ability to dissipate more than 250 mA.. The point I wish to make here is that also along with the 500 volt DC is, yes, you guessed it, the 5 volts three amp AC current! They are both completely independent of each other except for some very interesting things I will mention to you some other time.. First of all, obviously you can have several different output components in the power output signal. You can have DC and AC together without any problem.
I was working at a laboratory at the time with much more sophisticated equipment then is available to even most manufacturing companies. I was able to analyses everything coming out of this simple two transformer AC high voltage circuit. In most power supplies there is lots of hash coming out and designers use a .05 or so to short out as much as possible before it gets to the smoothing capacitors. This hash comes from the mains supply and especially from the transformers themselves. Then the smoothing capacitors take out the rest of the multiple frequency hash along with the gigantic 60 Hz ac left in the B+. I became interested in the interaction between the two AC transformers. The interaction can be very reveling, trust me. Also, there is another interesting analogy. We seem to overlook so many things in our society. They are right in our faces but we just look around them without interest at all. When I began to study the effects of multiple frequencies combined together I found out that when you deliberately strive to create the worst case scenario of frequencies you start to get some very measurable kicks. In themselves they are not much. But if you make enough of them fast sendoff, you get a collectible power spike that is more then the power available to begin with. The destructive heating caused by the eddy currents become the problem we face when we make a really large powerful coil. Now you understand more about the heating problem and why using a fan does not work.

This sounds to me like an NMR induced spiking, but I have been wrong before.

Of course this is doable with an addition of a suitable impedance matching transformer.
Was the frequency limitation of this am due to the vacuum tubes or due to this transformer?
I was able to get up to 90kHz with my vacuum-tube amplifier and steel tape toroidal transformers. (it sucked below 20Hz though). You can see it here.

The limitation was the bandwith of the amplifier circuitry which was "tamed" to prevent spurious effects outside the phase shift of the transformer. (Dynaco MKIII).

As far as your steel tape transformers, I suspect they were not large enough (inductance) to support the power bandwidth below 20 Hz. (judging from the photo) Nice build though!

If the McFreey paper does in fact point us to the secret of the Kapanadze 2004 and Green Box devices, then TK's use of very heavy duty wire  (and high current reading on the clamp meter - assuming accurate) does perhaps suggest that he is using a remote heavy duty welding type transformer to supply the necessary power to initially 'trigger' the device into operation. Although I agree with Grumpy, Verpies also makes a valid point that TK could have been shown how to build his devices by somebody. If this is the case, then it is encouraging to think that given the poor quality of TK's build, the actual construction may not be overly critical and success could come purely by luck once the correct principle of operation is established.

Hoppy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 13:53:57