PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 12:29:03
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Cooling effect in transformers, overunity?  (Read 29898 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Good question Brad,  i don't know.

I did find my Bemf pulse, its being absorbed, redirected, or whatever throught the bulbs and diode.

When i remove the bulb / diode branch, then i got this nice Bemf spike on MOSFET closure time, see screenshot.
Yellow is the drain voltage,
green is the drain current (50mA/Div.).

So somehow this absorbed, redirected or whatever Bemf pulse should/could be responsable for the cooling, i think.
But up till now i did not find any prove of a cooling effect.

Itsu

Group: Ambassador

** NOTE
I see Peter moved the Posts !!
will give him a quick Note [Which posts]

OK so here will be the 3 Posts to start the topic from KatorO1
and I will remove this post after its Up [or Peter can]

Chet

« Last Edit: 2017-10-08, 18:07:15 by Chet K »

Kator01, 

sorry for any inconvenience, you can stay on this thread if you like as, as you also said, i don't think i will find any cooling effect with this setup.

But Leon Dragones work deserves a thread on its own i think.

I have pulsed my transformer setup in many ways by now and did not see any cooling effect, so hopefully BF can suggest something to try, thanks Chet.

Itsu

Group: Experimentalist

Believing in something false doesn't make it true.
Hi Itsu,

If you want to start a new thread for a topic you just go to the board that is appropriate and click on the small blue box at the upper right just above the board title.  The box says "New Topic".  If you want it to be in this board the board title is "Heat to Electrical Power Conversion".  When I make a reply to a post after I have posted, my browser automatically takes me to the board I added the post to so that makes it easy to add a new thread topic to that board.

Carroll

---------------------------
Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

@itsu

Based on your post a screen shot here;
http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2736.msg65118#msg65118

You say resonance but that cannot be at 920Hz. I think your pulse width is way to wide. Looks like about 80%. Try it at 20% because that is the approx width of the first current rising slope going from zero to peak. Then at 20% find the real resonance point that should be way higher.

Also try an find a zenor diode because you are showing go voltage rise but it is not getting to the bulb. That diode is blocking it so the only way now is to overcome the diodes reverse threshold to light up that bulb.

wattsup

---------------------------

Carroll,

thanks for the comment, but i know how to open a new thread, i think Kator01 might want to open a new one on Leon Dragones work.

Wattsup,

not sure why you say that that resonance cannot be at 920Hz, if i calculate the resonance frequency (http://www.1728.org/resfreq.htm) of my 40uF cap and my 1.6mH secondary i get 629Hz.
I guess why i get resonance somewhat higher (920Hz) is because of the leakage inductance of the iron core transformer.
The duty cycle of the pulse was 20%, not 80% (we have a downward pulse from 12v to zero), but i tried both and all inbetween.

About the lightning up of the bulbs, i do not know that is even needed or wanted.
I do know now that without the bulb / diode branch in the circuit i do have a nice 200V bemf spike, so its being absorbed / redirected through this bulb / diode branch.

Itsu

Here the same situation as in the above screenshot, but now with the bulbs / diode again connected.
(mind you i run the MOSFET at 3Hz, 20% duty cycle, secondary cap is 230nF)

Instead of the 200V spike at MOSFET closure time we see no spike at all (yellow trace of the drain), see screenshot below.
Measuring the current through the bulb / diode branch (see green trace, 100mA/Div.) shows a peak current at MOSFET closure time (the redirected spike)
of about 133mA, so this will hardly light up a LED let alone an automotive bulb.

So i don't think the bulbs will light up any time soon in this setup.

EDIT:  i changed the 2x series automotive 12V bulbs for a single power led (3V / 3W) and this one nicely blinks at 3Hz when the MOSFET closes.

Itsu

« Last Edit: 2017-10-08, 16:26:37 by Itsu »

Group: Guest
itsu,

no problem, it was just my ignorance about how to open a new topic.
Thanks CITFTA

Mike

The last days i have used countless configurations with and without a MOSFET switch and many different capacitors, both value wise as make-up wise including bipolar electrolytic caps
using  both resonance as low and high frequencies and duty cycles.

Never did i notice any temperature deviation other then the normal room temperature change and/or slight heating up due to current (300mA) through the primary.

Unless new information arises, i will terminate this replication with the notion that a temperature drop with this setup was not detected.

Regards Itsu

Group: Ambassador

well
your an amazing fellow indeed

I am still reaching out for the claimant ...his phone just goes to "the person you are trying to call cannot be reached at this time "
never an option for leaving a message ?? [sort of like Groundloops phone over there......wish we knew how he is doing too.....

your decision is of course a good one .

with much gratitude and respect

Chet

Group: Guest
Here some reading related to the topic.

As far as I understand, if you want see  some core cooling, you have to demagnetize core very fast.
With "normal" core material temperature difference will be about 1 degree or even less (not so easy detect).

Thanks Chet,     thanks Vasik,

i will take a look at the PDF, it might reveal some extra info.

Itsu

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 12:29:03